Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

Hm... Well, there's a lot of speculation. Maybe someone could take a bunch of notes if they re-watched or re-read the anime or manga series and took notes about the Boss. If someone could take the time, we could probably figure it out. But I don't think anyone wants to...

Hm... Well, there's a lot of speculation. Maybe someone could take a bunch of notes if they re-watched or re-read the anime or manga series and took notes about the Boss. If someone could take the time, we could probably figure it out. But I don't think anyone wants to...

Чöü don't necessarily need Τ☺ do Ŧђǎт. Чöü just need Τ☺ reread the BO connected files. How Τ☺ single those files out? Ŧђǎт's what the wiki is for

He is only shown once in episode 345 with the usual criminal shadow thing. I personally think Okiya Subaru is the boss.

That's an interesting theory!

I'm still sticking to my guns about James Black being the boss. I really think he's suspicious. With his western relations and the fact that he's working with the FBI branch that investigates Vermouth, I find that he's probably keeping tabs on the FBI to make sure they don't get too far. I think he also managed to hide his "scent", knowing that someone (like Haibara) might start to suspect him. These are just my guesses. I mean, it's not like anyone else seems to be very suspicious. Like Agasa, for example. He's too friendly. James Black has always been a bit on the cold and silent side.

TO make it easier for us to try our best to single Anokata out, let's list down all we know about this, making it a long list.

1.has a phone number with Tottori area code

2.According to Vineyard, he is "always careful to the extreme".

3.Is a male

4.Believes that akai is a silver bullet against the syndicate

5.his favourite member is Vermouth

TO make it easier for us to try our best to single Anokata out, let's list down all we know about this, making it a long list.

3.Is a male

It has never been stated the boss is a male. All japanese pronouns used to refer to the boss including "ano kata" are non gender specific.

If the boss has already been introduced, do you think it's a recurring character or a 'suspect' that appeared once?

I don't think the boss has actually shown up yet in person.

I have been through Detective Conan at least three times already and the plot/Black Org relevant chapters at least twice that. I've put together all the explicit info about the boss I could get and even started a list of recurring minor characters (see the wiki page for those.) There really is very little info about the boss, not enough to make a solid guess. I presume the reason is so Gosho has room to change details in light of new plot developments and also to avoid premature suspicion so the ending isn't predictable.

It has never been stated the boss is a male. All japanese pronouns used to refer to the boss including "ano kata" are non gender specific.

I don't think the boss has actually shown up yet in person.

Didn't Gosho Aoyama say the boss has appeared in the series though?

Didn't Gosho Aoyama say the boss has appeared in the series though?

I heard that, at best, the boss has been referred to somewhere -as in maybe part of his name appeared- without implying he actually appeared as a character. The fan interview of Aoyama saying that the boss appeared in the manga somewhere is hearsay. No one has actually transcribed the interview from the fanbook online anywhere that still exists (that I have been able to find) although several people have mentioned it and were at least somewhat consistent with the details (Haibara will be surprised at the boss's identity... etc). I think it is good practice to be somewhat skeptical until someone posts it.

I heard that, at best, the boss has been referred to somewhere -as in maybe part of his name appeared- without implying he actually appeared as a character. The fan interview of Aoyama saying that the boss appeared in the manga somewhere is hearsay. No one has actually transcribed the interview from the fanbook online anywhere that still exists (that I have been able to find) although several people have mentioned it and were at least somewhat consistent with the details (Haibara will be surprised at the boss's identity... etc). I think it is good practice to be somewhat skeptical until someone posts it.

Well, there are quite a few rumors... I don't know. But, if you HAD to guess who was the most suspicious, who would you think? Considering you know so much.

Can't answer for Chekhov, but I personally find nobody stands out enough to even have me consider them being the boss anymore.

Can't answer for Chekhov, but I personally find nobody stands out enough to even have me consider them being the boss anymore.

I agree.

Well, there are quite a few rumors... I don't know. But, if you HAD to guess who was the most suspicious, who would you think? Considering you know so much.

Some unmentioned faction related to Kogoro's past. After rereading the manga once or twice, it really stood out how little we know about Kogoro's past between his school years and the current timeline and how absolutely nothing about his family has been dropped ever. Most of the other characters have something mentioned about their family at some point, even if it is very little. Megure and Takagi are the only other pseudo-main characters who fall under the know nothing category and they appear much less often than Kogoro does.

Some unmentioned faction related to Kogoro's past. After rereading the manga once of twice, it really stood out how little we know about Kogoro's past between his school years and the current timeline and how absolutely nothing about his family. Most of the other characters have something mentioned about their family at some point, even if it is very little. Megure and Takagi are the only other pseudo-main characters who fall under the know nothing category and they appear much less often than Kogoro does.

I only question it for one reason. Episode 425 When Conan Placed a tracker on Rena Mizunashi AKA Kir. Then Gin found It on the bottom of her shoe. And Gin Canceled the Kill on Domon aka DJ. Chianti said "huh, canceled? Are you telling me to quit after coming all the way here!" Gin said "Yeah, I just told him about it as well. We're changing the Target....etc Mouri Detective Agency." So For Now I Doubt It.

I only question it for one reason. Episode 425 When Conan Placed a tracker on Rena Mizunashi AKA Kir. Then Gin found It on the bottom of her shoe. And Gin Canceled the Kill on Domon aka DJ. Chanti said "huh, canceled? Are you telling me to quit after coming all the way here!" Gin said "Yeah, I just told him about it as well. We're changing the Target....etc Mouri Detective Agency." Put a hit on your self doubt It. Good point you made.

Oh, wow. I never even realized that. Maybe Mouri has a relative that's the Boss? Like, a long lost relative that's a character that already appeared before and neither of them know about their connection. But then again, that's a stretch, so...

I'm going to go on a DC marathon and write down every character's name plus description at some point and figure out who the boss is. How does that sound?