Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

Lol. that's impossible..I feel that All the main characters who knows who the real Conan is can be removed off the list.. Why? coz' it'll contradict the whole plot. Being close to Him and not using it as an advantage is certainly noth the BO's style... Besides, Heiji doesnt fit to be the BO Boss.. lol.

Its the point though.

The ending of the series should be a horrific turn of events. A main character death, a love confession, and more come to mind.

@Chardonnay, that is that is very true and i agree that it is impossible to identify the BOSS... but i think that given the hints and personality of the BOSS provided by Gosho Aoyama, and "speculating" that he/she is already in the characters of DC, then i think that the info is enough to create a short list on possible  suspects.. but what i want to point out is.. there's almost a thin line between "guessing" and "deductive reasoning".. Just what Holmes said "normally, when one is given a series of events, one would most likely give the "future" event or in this situation we're "waiting" for it.. Thus, it can be called as guessing/inference.. However, one who is able/trying to "guess" all the reasons why those events happened up to the last point to determine the future.. can be called as "analytical/deductive reasoning"...

Please don't think I'm a Holmes/Conan-wannabee.. but the mystery of who the BOSS is almost like a "puzzle to solve" for me rather than "waiting for Gosho to throw another bone".. Yes, the data is not enough.. but if one would be able to create a "convincing" list of suspects then all we need to do is use the process of elimination to find out who the Boss is..

Well the list of suspects has already been created and as you said anything at this moment is just guessing, The hints that Gosho has given are very vague and all that we could do at this moment is to create a list of suspects though I believe there isn't much clues to go with. We could eliminate who is NOT the boss. 

For example, Shuichi Akai can be removed from the suspects list because the Boss called him at some point the "Silver bullet". The same goes with Vermouth who is said to be the HIS favorite agent. We can also remove from the suspects list professor Agasa, because it would contradict half of the storyline as he was protecting Sherry and Shinichi. Kogoro and Ran Mouri also don't fit on the suspects list, for one thing the Boss ordered the assassination on Kogoro and Ran for obvious reasons. 

At this point as I said we can only make a list of suspects and a list of who's absolutely NOT the Boss of BO. But we will have to wait for more clues from Gosho. Anything regarding the Boss at this moment is very vague.
  • Upvote 1

Yeah.. But you can still further shorten that list.. Yusaku, Shiratori, the actress who kogorou admires.. (forgot her name), James Black.... They have so many contradictions that it's already overwhelming.. What i want is to create the shortest list possibe... w/ a maximum of 8 and minimum of 3.. lol.. :))) wish me luck though..

Yeah.. But you can still further shorten that list.. Yusaku, Shiratori, the actress who kogorou admires.. (forgot her name), James Black.... They have so many contradictions that it's already overwhelming.. What i want is to create the shortest list possibe... w/ a maximum of 8 and minimum of 3.. lol.. :))) wish me luck though..

Yup, I agree but I can't really imagine who the suspects could be. I guess we should expect the unexpected with Gosho.  ^_^

Agasa is off the list due to the interview. And the girls can be taken off the list as well, since Gin refers Anokata as a 'he' and unless Gosho plans it that way, I don't think Vermouth can be a female boss's favourite. I don't think characters like Heiji would fit to be Anokata. It just contradicts with their personality too much, and it's kind of weird if Heiji wants to protect Conan. 

I don't think it's anyone that knows Conan's true identity, otherwise Conan would've been dead. I don't think is Kogoro too. The Boss won't ask Gin to kill himself. So yeah, so minor characters. Someone like....

No idea.

Agasa is off the list due to the interview. And the girls can be taken off the list as well, since Gin refers Anokata as a 'he' and unless Gosho plans it that way, I don't think Vermouth can be a female boss's favourite. I don't think characters like Heiji would fit to be Anokata. It just contradicts with their personality too much, and it's kind of weird if Heiji wants to protect Conan. 

I don't think it's anyone that knows Conan's true identity, otherwise Conan would've been dead. I don't think is Kogoro too. The Boss won't ask Gin to kill himself. So yeah, so minor characters. Someone like....

No idea.

It's a common misconception of readers to regard "he" in Japanese as automatically a male.. That's not true.. "He" is used for someone unknown... Just as the word "it" for things... "He" is used for persons... Lol. "He" is a universal annotation for someone so don't disregard the idea that the Boss may be a woman.. Lol.. I'm kinda getting tired explaining the "He" part to anyone...

Just take this for example...

You are writing an essay/story/novel.. etc.. and you decide to introduce an "unknown" person... It is ridiculous to always  write "He/She" and writing 'She' will automatically make the "unknown" person a woman.. On the other hand.. writing "He" will not make that person automatically a male and will make readers guess on that person's gender.. You're just referring that person with the word "He"... so....

Ergo.. the word "He" used by Gin doesn't mean anything at all..

It wouldn't suprise me if Anokata would be a Sherlock Holmes fan because of the references the BO often uses. That would also contradict with what Conan said that "Someone who loves Sherlock Holmes can't be a bad person" or something like that. The BO boss might even be a detective, who knows.

Renya Karasuma. There are still many holes, but he might fit the description of the boss on several points. Except that he's supposed to be dead at 99 fourty years ago, even though the circumstances of his death are left pretty unclear (but he would be... 140 years old if he was still alive).

We heard about him in volume 30 (chapter 300), during the case of the seven detectives.

Hello, um I'm new here and I stopped reading all the comments after page 16 happy.gif . So if someone already stated what I shall state now. I'm sorry. I'm pretty sure I'm dead wrong too but whatever.

I think boss is....dundundun. Kuroba Toichi. icon_eek.gif Cuz I remember someone posting that Vermouth said the boss is "always careful to the extreme". Toichi was a man that double then tripled check his magician equipment. He could have faked his death in order to get off Snake's radar. He could've killed Snake with his organization but maybe snake and his organization still had some use to him. ((Under the assumption that the two organizations are different))

Vermouth being his favorite wouldn't be that surprising, considering that she was Sharon Vineyard and learned about disguises under him. He would trust her the most in my opinion.

And Gosho said Ai would be surprised. And Gosho is the type of man that doesn't reveal too much. I mean he couldn't have said "the boss is someone that would surprise Kaito the most" that will make it too obvious right? Maybe there is more that Gosho hasn't told us about Haibara and her past. Maybe she or her family somehow knew Toichi and would be surprised if she found out he was still alive.

And with the current files right now. Gosho had somewhat formally introduced Kaito into BO matters. And there had to be a reason for it. Epic Father-son reunion lol.

And with the immortality things. I think this will somehow tangle with Pandora. ((Haha, I have no idea what I'm saying anymore. I have the guy but no facts to support))I'll go into more detail if people want me too.

Anyway that is my half-formed deduction that will most likely not happen at all.

I agree with you because of some half-formed theories of mine too.....

1. Kuroba, it could linked to the infamous tune, for the feathers of a crow are black, and yes, he was mentioned subtly in the series too.

2. He is linked to Vermouth directly from the past, and Vermouth being his favourite could be because she was his direct disciple.

3. He has the reasons and power to connect with people and influence them, like the case with Kudou Yuusaku.

4. I think as a distinguished writer, Aoyama-san might just want to link his creations together, to complete both Conan and Kaito together in one ending would be a great finishing touch.

Though, personally, I wish there was some other explanation or reasons for him to do so, because for me, both Kaito and Touichi are protagonists instead of antagonists in my eyes.

Well, im new here but i've been an dc fan for years.. If i remember correctly, Gosho said that Ai Haibara will be surprised if she found out, who is the BOSS.. For me, i think the boss is her father Miyano Atsushi.. Coz if, its Agasa-Hakase or someone close to Conan&Ai, why did Gosho only said that Ai will be surprised? If its someone Conan met, since Ai&Conan are often seen together.., then wouldnt Conan also be surprised? Since Conan doesnt know much about Ai's father then its a possibility that Miyano Atsushi is the BOSS.. Coz unlike Ai's Sister&Mother, We havent heard much about Miyano Atsushi except that he was called "The Mad Scientist".. Well hope i make sense here :)

Well, im new here but i've been an dc fan for years.. If i remember correctly, Gosho said that Ai Haibara will be surprised if she found out, who is the BOSS.. For me, i think the boss is her father Miyano Atsushi.. Coz if, its Agasa-Hakase or someone close to Conan&Ai, why did Gosho only said that Ai will be surprised? If its someone Conan met, since Ai&Conan are often seen together.., then wouldnt Conan also be surprised? Since Conan doesnt know much about Ai's father then its a possibility that Miyano Atsushi is the BOSS.. Coz unlike Ai's Sister&Mother, We havent heard much about Miyano Atsushi except that he was called "The Mad Scientist".. Well hope i make sense here :)

i'm not sure about it, I mean, gosho won't give precise clue like this so i think iit might not be atsuchi cause its just to easy. It might be someone we never saw with AI or someone we not suspect 

just saying

Also Gosho didn't specifically said that ONLY Haibara will be surprised... This clue is very vague.. It may be a misdirection by Gosho himself.. When fans heard about this clue, they immediately came to 3 conclusions..

1.) that Ai won't expect him/her to be the boss

2.) That it's either someone very close to Ai.. (her "radar" sense to BO members wont work)

3.) that it may be part of Ai's family..

See? After this clue.. all thoughts are centered around this idea.. I don't know if this is very "reliable" or not.. but they disregard the fact that Gosho himself didnt specifically pointed out that ONLY Ai will be surprised.. He is a master manipulator.. Hell , that's why we're all hooked to his series.. That's why I'm having reservations on these train of thoughts and theories about Ai..

By saying that clue.. he already shifted the balance.. it all gravitated to Ai.. The character of Sherry was heavily scrutinized.. that's why Atsushi family members (even her dead sister) was very popular theories for boss candidates..

Lol..

• Upvote 1

Also Gosho didn't specifically said that ONLY Haibara will be surprised... This clue is very vague.. It may be a misdirection by Gosho himself.. When fans heard about this clue, they immediately came to 3 conclusions.. 1.) that Ai won't expect him/her to be the boss 2.) That it's either someone very close to Ai.. (her "radar" sense to BO members wont work) 3.) that it may be part of Ai's family.. See? After this clue.. all thoughts are centered around this idea.. I don't know if this is very "reliable" or not.. but they disregard the fact that Gosho himself didnt specifically pointed out that ONLY Ai will be surprised.. He is a master manipulator.. Hell , that's why we're all hooked to his series.. That's why I'm having reservations on these train of thoughts and theories about Ai.. By saying that clue.. he already shifted the balance.. it all gravitated to Ai.. The character of Sherry was heavily scrutinized.. that's why Atsushi family members (even her dead sister) was very popular theories for boss candidates.. Lol..

Well said!

My fanfic I picked not necessarily the most likely boss, but the one I figured would make for a twisted plot and had at least an argument. In the manga, I can just say that my sister hopes that it's Yoko Okino. (Because Yoko Ono, her namesake, basically broke up the Beatles xD) 

I do hope that it's not another Bourbon, where possibilities have been introduced and a newbie comes along at the end of the arc (or manga) and is either obvious to some or made to be less endearing than the previous candidates. I think the most likely Anokata is someone who knows Conan and possibly knew Shinichi, because Gin and Vodka were not told to kill Shinichi at Tropical Land, but attempted it to cover their tracks. He's obviously not truly close to him, even if he pretends to be, because he must have heard of his 'death' and did not punish Gin and Vodka. So unless it's one of the few who have known his secret from the beginning (Agasa, Yuusaku, Yukiko, even Hattori xD) then I doubt it's someone who knew him closely before (the conspiracy theory candidates Kogoro, Ran, Eri, etc) I'd like to see more speculation in the manga on Anokata.

I personally would have preferred if it was somebody who hasn't yet appeared because I would feel sad if somebody I already know turns out to be the scumbag n.1 of the series. However, Gosho said it's somebody who has already appeared. Oh, well. I just hope it isn't Yusaku, Yukiko or Eri, as it would be a mortal hit on Conan's or Ran's heart, and also because I really hope Kogoro and Eri will re-build their family, it would be sad if all her love for him was just a mask.

I also don't want Yoko to be the boss, because in this case I wouldn't be able to take the Organization seriously anymore. On the other hand, it would be quite funny and amusing, also if the boss is Yamamura.

pretty sure multiple of the names you’ve cited have been confirmed as not being the boss

also Aoyama has said that Haibara would be surprised to learn the identity of the boss, not Conan or others

Read my posts on the previous page about  my thoughts in that "Ai will be surprised" issue... and also Chekhov's counter-argument on my Eri Kisaki theory.. well it'll almost hit the 1000th chapter.. and i'm sure it will come to that... so the thought of the Big Boss still not appearing i the series will be a real downer.. imagie reading a 1000+ chapters and the main boss isnt yet coming.. it's not like it's one piecenor is it like hajime no ippo.. so i'm very weary of the idea of the boss as a new character.. besides, if Gosho's former wife really knew who the Boss was, then it couldn't be a new character then... so the very plausible idea was it was among the first or major characters in the series..

so i'm very weary of the idea of the boss as a new character.. besides, if Gosho's former wife really knew who the Boss was, then it couldn't be a new character then...

If Gosho told his wife the boss was for example, Kogoro's uncle or Agasa's brother, that would work perfectly with the idea that the boss hasn't appeared, but the wife knows who it is. Also recall the confirmed interview that Gosho said the boss's name has appeared. All he would have do is tell his wife the boss's name and then she would know. I still stick by the theory that the boss hasn't appeared yet precisely because Gosho was only specific about the name appearing rather than the boss. Furthermore when questioned later about a rumor that the boss himself has appeared, Gosho backtracked instead of clarifying further.

^reading that one reply he gave again (今までにフルネームで登場している人です) I can’t translate it as anything other than “a person who has appeared with their full name”, so I really don’t think it was just the name

were there ever any other translators looking at that phrase?

^reading that one reply he gave again (今までにフルネームで登場している人です) I can’t translate it as anything other than “a person who has appeared with their full name”, so I really don’t think it was just the name

were there ever any other translators looking at that phrase?

No one besides you and me as far as I know. The problem is that later, Gosho seemed to go backwards on the issue:

3. A fan asked whether Gosho has already come up with the name and character design/setting for The Boss ?

Gosho gave out an ambiguous statement: The Boss has already been come up with/has already appeared; the name also has already been come up with/has already appeared. But which option is the correct understanding, everyone has their own opinion.

i have no clue , but i rlly hope it's nt shinichi's parents i rlly like them :( i will be devastated , i think its not agasa hakase either , since gosho aoyama said that , maybe james black there's a good chance

i agree with that opinion , or maybe her mother