Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

Hi :) I'm a HUGE DC fan and me and my sister have been watching this since DC first came out and I just wanted to share my opinions! ^.^~!!

I believe that Mitsuhiko might be Anokata and that Professor Agasa might be the "highest ranking member' of the Black Organization.

Heres why:

1.) Mitsuhiko - high possibly of being the boss. although theres many holes as to how he became a kid and for what reason he took the pill to become small, because the pill was orginally meant to kill right? I was thinking a minor character that died in the hands of the BO made the Anokata take the pill on accident? such as Ai-chan's sister?

2.) As mentioned in many previous posts, Agasa is highly speculated to be Anokata. I believe he's a major member of the BO and the only reason he's housing Ai-chan is to find a solution (or rather, pill) to countereffect the APTX 4869 (shrinking pill) for Mitsuhiko.

Gosho mentioned that we would be surprised- as well as Haibara right?

That means for Agasa to be the Anokata would be too expected, therefore the possibility of him being the boss might be small- although possible.

also, I read that Gosho mentioned that even Ai-chan is comfortable around the boss, meaning her BO radar off.

therefore wouldn't Mitsuhiko be a highly possible suspect as Anokata?

Hi :) I'm a HUGE DC fan and me and my sister have been watching this since DC first came out and I just wanted to share my opinions! ^.^~!!

I believe that Mitsuhiko might be Anokata and that Professor Agasa might be the "highest ranking member' of the Black Organization.

Heres why:

1.) Mitsuhiko - high possibly of being the boss. although theres many holes as to how he became a kid and for what reason he took the pill to become small, because the pill was orginally meant to kill right? I was thinking a minor character that died in the hands of the BO made the Anokata take the pill on accident? such as Ai-chan's sister?

2.) As mentioned in many previous posts, Agasa is highly speculated to be Anokata. I believe he's a major member of the BO and the only reason he's housing Ai-chan is to find a solution (or rather, pill) to countereffect the APTX 4869 (shrinking pill) for Mitsuhiko.

Gosho mentioned that we would be surprised- as well as Haibara right?

That means for Agasa to be the Anokata would be too expected, therefore the possibility of him being the boss might be small- although possible.

also, I read that Gosho mentioned that even Ai-chan is comfortable around the boss, meaning her BO radar off.

therefore wouldn't Mitsuhiko be a highly possible suspect as Anokata?

Interesting theory, but didn't Gosho mention in an interview that only the Boss's name appeared in the manga, not the actual character? If Agasa were really housing Haibara to make an antidote for Mitsuhiko, why would the Boss send his agents to track down and kill Sherry? Plus, Agasa knows Conan's secret, so I'm surprised Conan hasn't been killed yet if Agasa were really a high-ranking member of the BO.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried making a list of all the names that appeared in the files released before Gosho's interview on the Boss's name?

Interesting theory, but didn't Gosho mention in an interview that only the Boss's name appeared in the manga, not the actual character? If Agasa were really housing Haibara to make an antidote for Mitsuhiko, why would the Boss send his agents to track down and kill Sherry? Plus, Agasa knows Conan's secret, so I'm surprised Conan hasn't been killed yet if Agasa were really a high-ranking member of the BO.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried making a list of all the names that appeared in the files released before Gosho's interview on the Boss's name?

Gosho left it vague whether it is just the name or the actual person who has appeared. So, the boss could have appeared in person. The interview was in the Kir arc, so no one had tried to make such a long list. the wiki has the names of many of the suspects though.

I think the boss is Shiratori. I found a theory about this. "BACKSTORY: When DC first came out I had my suspicions of Shiratori being the Black Org. leader-- because in an OVA he had a huge wine collection-- and my fire was fueled, because while at the store I saw a wine called, "Shiraz" with a black raven on the label... Black Org. has ravens... and Shiratori... Shiraz? See a similarity? LOL" Also apparently "tori" means bird in some Kanji.

I found this on a yaoi pic on Deviantart, so I'm not sure if I want to post the link. It may not seem like much of a viable source, but it does seem onto something. After all, it is someone Ai wouldn't expect and was met long before that specific episode cut off

I think the boss is Shiratori. I found a theory about this. "BACKSTORY: When DC first came out I had my suspicions of Shiratori being the Black Org. leader-- because in an OVA he had a huge wine collection-- and my fire was fueled, because while at the store I saw a wine called, "Shiraz" with a black raven on the label... Black Org. has ravens... and Shiratori... Shiraz? See a similarity? LOL" Also apparently "tori" means bird in some Kanji.

I found this on a yaoi pic on Deviantart, so I'm not sure if I want to post the link. It may not seem like much of a viable source, but it does seem onto something. After all, it is someone Ai wouldn't expect and was met long before that specific episode cut off

Are you sure?

Shiratori was a movie only character to begin with, so he was not in Gosho's original plans. Shiratori could only be the boss if Gosho changed his mind about the story. Besides, Shiratori has seen Haibara. It doesn't make sense for the boss to see Haibara and do nothing himself, but then go on ordering Gin and Co to look for her.

i've been here earlier but I'm not gonna to read whole thread and it's silly I agree there's certain reasons I change my mind. Whether boss show up or not I now resign to see other way because boss often make himself anonymous. Somehow it lead me thinking where he really work because I heard people like to work front line to control media or so on so he can tamper with it before it go on news. Earlier in DCTP I had a conjunction about him being surrounded by Yukkiko, Yoko, and cast, it's more like style boss might want for sake of contributing. Nobody will suspects donor. Nobody suspects nerd. Nobody suspect technician. Nobody suspect host. But usually this occupation can be find in media station? Gosho make it harder to find like finding needle in the sack in media station. Safer place is dangerous place where boss is. More dangerous for him if he's a cop. More limited power when he's teacher. More accessible moving screen of tv? Possible because the job occupation is anonymous in media station. To him it's game plan, is it?? 

If we can't find him in prologue of Golden Apple case, we know the story evolve around media. Kogoro became famous. Yukkiko is actress. Yusaku is famous writer. Shinichi is famous of deduction. If from start the story is about media, I can think it's possible and safe to assume Gosho is likely making boss is part of media. He's indirectly mention of him is he? Boss is more willing to be part of end of game plan is to divert news away from world, what's the best place he could be at if he choose not to be police? He can lock away the tape. He can have alibi that he has a job at media station he could say he can take a break. He'll be the one to stop high prolific person to ensure tape wasn't in for showcase.  

That's boss's job do after hero go through final round.

How about Edward Crow from Shinichi's first case (ep 162, ch. 204-207)?  I haven't thought it through, but it's just an idea, if anyone feels like analyzing.

Anyway, I'm new here..
The primary reason I went here is.. RESEARCH.

I got this crazy-ass
theory that (*thumbs-up to the OP)

ERI KISAKI is either a member or the boss of the BLACK

ORGANIZATION.

WHY?

Facts & Theories:

"Aoyama specified that the name of the

boss has appeared somewhere in the manga"

- It is widely known that Eri Kisaki is the counterpart of ELLERY

QUEEN, therefore:

Queen (the character) is highlighted

in volume 11 of the Case Closed manga's edition of "Gosho Aoyoma's Mystery Library, a section
of the graphic novels (usually the last page) where the author introduces a
different detective (or occasionally, a villain) from mystery literature,
television, or other media. The character Heiji Hattori also mentioned that he prefers
Ellery Queen to Arthur Conan Doyle in volume 12. 

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellery_Queen)

Is this it?  Highly

Probable..

Gosho Aoyama’s unique style is superb..

This classic literary form of “Foreshadowing” or “Red Herring”
is what makes this manga series so addictive.. Indeed, we are always misled
every time that we hardly see connections in small matters such as these…

“Nanatsu no Ko (七つの子, lit. Seven children or Child of seven), is a popular

Japanese children's song written by Ujō Noguchi (野口雨情 Noguchi Ujō). The Black Organization leader uses
this song to encode his/her phone number.”

A bit

far-fetched Theory here:

The MouriFamily had a tragedy 10 years ago since the first episode that torn their life
asunder…Ran Mouri was16 years old in the 1st chapter.. so it can be concluded that she

was 6 years old(turning 7)at that
time..

Or…

It represents the Nearly Seven Years of Ran’s life in their family.. I think that

this is the reason why Eri uses this phone number..  As a REMEMBRANCE
of the family she had.

Following on that, The reason Kogorou left the police force is the mystery here… Is it just because of guilt for shooting her wife? I think not. I think that, most likely, before that point, Kogorou became aware of Eri’s involvement w/ theBlack Organization.  Also may be Eri wanted Kogorou to shoot her during that tragedy, as atonement of her sins and also to save Ran’s life. However, It didn’t happen… Seeingthat they’ll never be what was once they used to be, Eri left Kogorou. On the other hand, Kogorou left the police force because he can’t bear the thought of

turning in his beloved wife..

“It looks like I have given you too

much freedom. Come back to my side, Vermouth.„

—  

The
Boss orders Vermouth to return.

One of the most intriguing quotes for me…

First, Let us establish Eri’s connection to Vermouth. Eri is a friend and rival of

Yukiko Kudo, who is also a friend of Vermouth.

Therefore:

It’s not impossible that Eri doesn’t know Vermouth personally. Thus, the fact
that Vermouth is protecting Conan and Ran perfectly fits. Her friend’s son and
her boss’ daughter is what makes her very interested in those two.

Midori Kuriyama (Eri’s assistant) maybe another
persona of Vermouth. Thus, Eri calling Vermouth (Midori) to come back her side
is very plausible…

“The
boss is very careful. Vermouth says, “The boss is always careful to the
extreme. He’s the type to ruin the plan by overthinking it.”

As everyone knows, Eri is very intelligent and always
serious at important matters. Also, Ellery Queen (her counterpart) is known to
be an “over-analytical” person. Thus, once again it fits. The fact that she
never loses against her trial cases proves this quality of hers.

“If the FBI's assessment of the boss is correct, the boss is a forward
thinker. The FBI believed he ordered the assassination of Yasuteru Domon who
wasn't even part of the Diet yet because he was hard on crime and had a chance of
becoming the next Prime Minister.”

Eri is a just person. Yes, being the boss of the Black Organization may
be contradicting to that aspect but it is still probable. We don’t know
anything about Eri’s past so we cannot simply erase her known qualities. Being
a lawyer, I really thinks she lives a double life.. And the thought of a
corrupt official being the Prime Minister is probably not an option for her.

SO WHY DID
SHE ORDERED GIN TO KILL MOURI?

The most logical thing to think is that she
knows someone will stop Gin. Vermouth is there. Conan is there. And Akai is
there. (who knows? Maybe she whistleblowed to Akai?)

But due to
Gin’s nature, Mouri almost died. This shows the human aspect of the BOSS. Just
because The Boss is the Boss doesn’t mean he’s perfect..

Other things:

-she’s a sherlockian     ( shelling ford= password in pisco case)
-> makes it very possible.

- Speculated that Haibara will be
surprised when she know who the boss is… (of course, anyone will be surprised.
This maybe another misdirection by gosho aoyama. He didn’t emphasized that
“Haibara will be the only one surprised”)

-Haibara and Eri haven’t met yet in
the whole series.

There’s a bunch more that I don’t
want to say coz’ im not sure yet.

I’m just 17 but am really a fan of
this series. Add me as a friend. Lol..

I HOPE THIS HELPED A LOT.

ANY COMMENTS, ADD-ONS, AND VIOLENT
REACTIONS IS RECOMMENDED. THANK YOU.

I dont know.

THREE characters give me a creepy vibe like they are hiding something:

3. Agasa

2. Jodie  (Remember the episode she first encounters the BO, she was very creepy in this episode)

1. Eri (I have reasons. Here is my short version of this theory: Eri is the BO Boss. She is very secretive and hides things. The reason Vermouth wont touch him, is that possibly, Vermouth, Eri and Yukiko could of been friends at one time. Due to this, she, nor Vermouth, will hurt Shinichi or Ran, and protect them. Next, we have other reasons. Eri seems to treat conan oddly and more like he is older then she sees him. Shes not stupid. Ran and Shinichi always use to be friends and Eri knowns him. She likely sees conan and notices he is a replica of Shinichi when he was 7. Later, she somehow likely finds out Conan is shinichi. Through Vermouth or some other means. She keeps this secret, but probably knows.)

Eri is the one i believe who is actually the real BO member. I have more reasons, but im very tired. I will add them later. 

to c@crogers15.. just read the very very long post i posted before you.. i examined them many times.. though it's all theories, it gives you the "what-the-heck?!" vibe? I also feel the "vibe" you feel about eri.. that's why i posted those theories.. what i can't believe here is that everytime eri is mentioned as a possible boss in the forums, no one takes it seriously.. even the sub-post on the "Eri-Boss of B.O." sectio here wasn't really seriously considered.. i mean... on what i gathered.. Eri has the most "points-to-consider" than anyone else in the DCW. They focus more on Agasa and Yusaku. Lol. i think that Gosho Aoyama wouldn't do something like that because it will invariably destroy the "plot". Yes, it'd would be a one-hell-of-a-twist if it's true.. but i just can't picture it.. 

Agasa knows Ai's involvement... ad shinichi..

Yusakau is shinichi's dad....

lol.. i cat get any weird vibes from them.. lol.. i'll gladly read your thoughts on the Eri Kisaki theories.. i am not forcing someone to believe me. All I'm saying is if you try to understand it before posting nonsense in the forums, you can see on who are those that has the highest possibilities.... lol.

Lol. that's impossible..I feel that All the main characters who knows who the real Conan is can be removed off the list.. Why? coz' it'll contradict the whole plot. Being close to Him and not using it as an advantage is certainly noth the BO's style... Besides, Heiji doesnt fit to be the BO Boss.. lol.

Without any further information it would be nearly impossible to know the true identity of the BO boss. I guess we'll just have to wait until Gosho throws out another bone for us fans to chew. Anything else is just guessing at this point.

@Chardonnay, that is that is very true and i agree that it is impossible to identify the BOSS... but i think that given the hints and personality of the BOSS provided by Gosho Aoyama, and "speculating" that he/she is already in the characters of DC, then i think that the info is enough to create a short list on possible  suspects.. but what i want to point out is.. there's almost a thin line between "guessing" and "deductive reasoning".. Just what Holmes said "normally, when one is given a series of events, one would most likely give the "future" event or in this situation we're "waiting" for it.. Thus, it can be called as guessing/inference.. However, one who is able/trying to "guess" all the reasons why those events happened up to the last point to determine the future.. can be called as "analytical/deductive reasoning"...

Please don't think I'm a Holmes/Conan-wannabee.. but the mystery of who the BOSS is almost like a "puzzle to solve" for me rather than "waiting for Gosho to throw another bone".. Yes, the data is not enough.. but if one would be able to create a "convincing" list of suspects then all we need to do is use the process of elimination to find out who the Boss is..