Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

Later Edit: Other people have attempted to look at the same guestbook and do not agree on the name, so take the theory with a grain of salt please. See this thread: http://www.japanisch-netzwerk.de/Thread-Übersetzung--8840?usg=ALkJrhjsW7HnyTyaHB3a2lFfEt6d7paacg

Since the German speakers are having a field day with this, here is some suspicious name trivia for you all. So Zenthisoror and HADAA did a translation of one of the names from Heiji's guestbook in the mermaid case.

8 Aug 2012, 10:17
vinyard: can someone pls translate the names in the guestbook ?
040d17-1344438783.png
8 Aug 2012, 12:03
Zenthisoror: Hmm...well on the page Conan's looking at, the names are: Sakanazuka Saburo, Miyano Shiho And the clearest name on Hattori's page looks like Ooguro (or Daikoku) Kentaro, although it could be Oozato Kentaro.
8 Aug 2012, 12:05
Zenthisoror: If it was Ooguro (or Daikoku) Kentaro, maybe we could put him on the list of suspects for the head of the BO - the symbols for the surname, after all, mean Big Black. smile.gif
Zenthisoror: But, mustn't jump to conclusions.
8 Aug 2012, 13:13
HADAA: Zen, it's actually Ooguro (or Daikoku) -R-entarou(大黒連太郎), and the name Ooguro/Daikoku did appear as the building's name in that Tequila's case (The "Daiko" building which is an alternate pronunciation for the same kanji)
8 Aug 2012, 13:20
HADAA: Tidbit: Number 49 is Miyano Shiho and Number 50 looks suspiciously like 土井塔 (Doitou, and with 克樹 Kakki it would become the alias used by Kid once), but at this point I think Gosho prolly simply ran out of names or just inserted random easter eggs, like we did with our movie releases

So if we play the parse-the-kanji game for Ooguro/Daikoku Rentarou ( 太郎)
【おお】 (pref) big; large
【くろ】 (n) black
【むらじ】 (n) (arch) Muraji (hereditary title; orig. one of the two highest such titles, later demoted to seventh highest of eight)
太郎 【たろう】- Son. By itself it usally means eldest son, but when prefixed you get other meanings like Kintaro ("Golden Boy"), or Momotaro (Peach Boy)

Big Black Seventh Child?

Note: Gosho is fond of odd pronunciations:
大黒 can be Ooguro (Common pronunciation) or Daikoku (god of wealth and fortune, also used as building name in earlier case)

Edit for posterity: The disaster started here in German, and then moved to here...

• Upvote 4

Since the German speakers are having a field day with this, here is some suspicious name trivia for you all. So Zenthisoror and HADAA did a translation of one of the names from Heiji's guestbook in the mermaid case.

8 Aug 2012, 10:17

vinyard: can someone pls translate the names in the guestbook ?

040d17-1344438783.png

8 Aug 2012, 12:03

Zenthisoror: Hmm...well on the page Conan's looking at, the names are: Sakanazuka Saburo, Miyano Shiho And the clearest name on Hattori's page looks like Ooguro Kentaro, although it could be Oozato Kentaro.

Zenthisoror: If it was Ooguro Kentaro, maybe we could put him on the list of suspects for the head of the BO - the symbols for the surname, after all, mean Big Black. :)

Zenthisoror: But, mustn't jump to conclusions.

8 Aug 2012, 13:13

HADAA: Zen, it's actually Ooguro -R-entarou(大黒連太郎), and the name Ooguro did appear as the building's name in that Tequila's case

8 Aug 2012, 13:20

HADAA: Tidbit: Number 49 is Miyano Shiho and Number 50 looks suspiciously like 土井塔 (Doitou, and with 克樹 Kakki it would become the alias used by Kid once), but at this point I think Gosho prolly simply ran out of names or just inserted random easter eggs, like we did with our movie releases

So if we play the parse-the-kanji game for Ooguro Rentarou ( 太郎)

【おお】 (pref) big; large

【くろ】 (n) black

【むらじ】 (n) (arch) Muraji (hereditary title; orig. one of the two highest such titles, later demoted to seventh highest of eight)

太郎 【たろう】- Son. By itself it usally means eldest son, but when prefixed you get other meanings like Kintaro ("Golden Boy"), or Momotaro (Peach Boy)

Big Black Seventh Child?

WOW. THAT'S SOME VERY JUICY INFO YOU GOT THERE.

Who's that guy, BTW? I don't know who he is...

WOW. THAT'S SOME VERY JUICY INFO YOU GOT THERE.

Who's that guy, BTW? I don't know who he is...

A completely new character who has never appeared, unless someone gave a false name earlier. It's the second name from the left in Heiji's notebook.

There is a possible issue though that Gosho intended the name to be a pun for a banker. An alternate way to read the characters for Ooguro is Daikoku. Daikoku is a god of wealth apparently, and Heiji did say there was a prominent individuals on the list (he didn't specify a banker though).

Even though I know we shouldn't take these things too seriously (due to the lack of evidence), but since Gosho didn't actually give us any hint there's no harm in speculating.

If this person is from the BO, there's a possibility that he (is that a man's name?) is not The Boss, as only indicates the seventh highest of eight. However, the highest "eighth" can possibly be "The mother crow", and the mother doesn't necessarily have to be The Boss (if such a person exists). So assume that this Ooguro Rentarou guy is The Boss and "The 7th child", I wonder who are the other 6 ? Perhaps Vermouth is/was one of them but I'm not sure about the others.

P/S: Wait, by "seventh highest of eight", does it mean that the holds second rank (while "8th" is the highest), or actually one of the lowest ("1st" in this case is the highest) ? I'm cofused here.

Yes, it may be.

The seven crows may refer to some high-ranking members of the Organization, or some kind of league that's been involved with some kind of incident, with the eighth, the Mother Crow, the Boss.

Maybe there are several people involved with a case(or some experiment regarding immortality or something like that), which shows connection with that event with the Mermaid, Vermouth's immortality(or something like that), the BO's research in BioChemistry.

These seven people(eight, if the Mother Crow is included) may have been the ones who formed the Organization.

This is just a speculation of mine, okay? I just....thought about it.

Just done some researchs and found out that the position is not very powerful at all in the "Eight bakane system" (八色の姓 yakusa no kabane) in Japanese history. So yes, the "7th" rank here is in descending order from 1 to 8 (with the "1st" 真人 Mahito being the highest) according to this site: http://wiki.samurai-...hp?title=Kabane

i have a theory that it might be someone from the Suzuki family because it would definitely shock Haibara and the Suzuki family do have enough money for it and maybe when someone in the family becomes a certain age they become the next boss

PS: hi im new here nice to meet you :)

i have a theory that it might be someone from the Suzuki family because it would definitely shock Haibara and the Suzuki family do have enough money for it and maybe when someone in the family becomes a certain age they become the next boss

PS: hi im new here nice to meet you :)

Good one

its prof. agasa....... remember haibara saying that B.O.'s project was finalised 50 yrs. before.. (though actually boss may have become young like vermouth)... also he was the one who suggested shinichi to disguise as conan though seen as having no high intellect..... he was the one to see hidden notes on file of some software engg. about b.o. (the one who was designing soft. for them regarding dead)...

yet he is seen helping conan encountering b.o. ... it may be to fool him...!!

its prof. agasa....... remember haibara saying that B.O.'s project was finalised 50 yrs. before.. (though actually boss may have become young like vermouth)... also he was the one who suggested shinichi to disguise as conan though seen as having no high intellect..... he was the one to see hidden notes on file of some software engg. about b.o. (the one who was designing soft. for them regarding dead)...

yet he is seen helping conan encountering b.o. ... it may be to fool him...!!

Noway!It's not!

I don't think that anyone from the suzuki family would be involved in the black organisation. If they are really involved in it then why would they be so afriad of kaito kid?

I think Anokata might be the girl who taught Ran karate (I forget her name), I don't know why but I just always imagined Anokata as someone who would be good at martial arts. And her family is rich, so maybe that is how the organization has a lot of unique things you wouldn't find anywhere else. But I can't think of how any of the characters would be linked to Seven Children.

• Upvote 2

It isn't Okiya (Akai in disguise), it is not Okino, it isn't Kogoro or his wife, Vermouth (Sharon Vineyard)and Gin are not it either, Kudo's mom isn't, so it could be the Chief of Police, Agasa,or someone else.

I think it would be a big surprise for Ai if the Anokata is one of the detective boys member.

my suspect would be Mitsuhiko

because in the story when Mitsuhiko was disappear (i forget which chapter it was) he met ex member of BO in the forest who had been running away

i just think it was too coincident

I think it would be a big surprise for Ai if the Anokata is one of the detective boys member.

my suspect would be Mitsuhiko

because in the story when Mitsuhiko was disappear (i forget which chapter it was) he met ex member of BO in the forest who had been running away

i just think it was too coincident

Possible right!