Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

Ah, man. What if it's Shiho's dad? O.o

If I recall, Shiho's dad died before the main timeline. And since members of the Black Organization still directly contact this "Anokata", I don't think it's Shiho's dad.

Well, then, let's all research through all the volumes to see who was mentioned in passing! (This is a joke. Sort of. Don't do this. But if you do, I'll love ya forever.)

Already did that :D

But seriously, with just an ambiguous clue that the name has appeared somewhere, we honestly cannot narrow down anything. :mellow: Also, Gosho never said that he mentioned the name directly, it might have been some kind of pun, who knows?

@Moho: He might have faked his death, but of course, there is no proof of that.

To be fair here, I think lighter ownership and smoking are correlated, but not required as you demonstrate. That said, I don't think Yoko is the boss.

Copypasta

Okino Yoko is unlikely to be the boss because she has not made any effort to avoid Kogoro who is thought to be a renowned detective. Yoko also introduced Mizunashi Rena to Mouri Kogoro in order to have Mizunashi's stalker problem solved. Even of the boss was sure of his/her own ability to fool others, the boss would want to avoid interactions between Black Organization operatives and renowned detectives if possible should the detective notice something amiss.

If Yoko was the boss, she should be smart, yet she failed to identify who was stalking and harassing her (that's what she originally went to Kogoro's office for) and deal with them. If she had taken appropriate measures she could have avoided bringing police and a detective to her home.

Thanks for that info!

THIS IS A RUMOR! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

No, Gosho hasn't said anything about the boss appearing in early volumes. Only the boss's name appearing somewhere has been confirmed.(1)(2)(3)

Okay! Okay! Gotcha!

Oh... okay...

Well, then, let's all research through all the volumes to see who was mentioned in passing! (This is a joke. Sort of. Don't do this. But if you do, I'll love ya forever.)

Ah, man. What if it's Shiho's dad? O.o

I had thought of that earlier, but like the others said, he appeared before the main timeline. But still, I think it'll be great if he is actually alive and is running the BO without Shiho's knowledge.

This is just to confirm, but did Gosho ever say that if we get know the BO's actual name, then it will be a give away to the identity of the Boss?

Uh... okay, guys... I know that Gosho said that 'that person' was only mentioned in passing, but...

I've just got finished watching 187, and you know how at the very end of the episodes there's that picture and then you hear the charas saying something funny/and/or relevant to the case? Well, after this case starts the 'Desperate Revival Arc' and Genta says something very weird... "If you watch all of it, you'll be able to meet that person."

I'm confused. Does Genta mean Shinichi, or The Boss? (And sorry if this is off-topic, I just figured that this would be the right place to put it rather than making a whole new other topic. ^^')

Uh... okay, guys... I know that Gosho said that 'that person' was only mentioned in passing, but...

I've just got finished watching 187, and you know how at the very end of the episodes there's that picture and then you hear the charas saying something funny/and/or relevant to the case? Well, after this case starts the 'Desperate Revival Arc' and Genta says something very weird... "If you watch all of it, you'll be able to meet that person."

I'm confused. Does Genta mean Shinichi, or The Boss? (And sorry if this is off-topic, I just figured that this would be the right place to put it rather than making a whole new other topic. ^^')

If I heard and caught what Genta said correctly, he never said "ano kata" which is what every BO member has referred to the boss as. I think he used different words to say "that person", so I doubt Genta means the boss.

If I heard and caught what Genta said correctly, he never said "ano kata" which is what every BO member has referred to the boss as. I think he used different words to say "that person", so I doubt Genta means the boss.

Genta says “全部を見るとあの人に会える!” which is indeed “ano hito / that person”, those subs are a perfect translation of it

now for who he actually meant, I don’t know, but it seems weird that it’d be “The Boss”, because those hints are something that only appear in the anime I think, right? I think it’s weird for such a thing to be said in the anime only

edit: I’m sorry, I thought you wrote “ano hito”, not “ano kata”… nevermind this post <_<… actually reading my post again though, it could sound as if I was agreeing with you lol

“hito” is informal, it’s what’s used almost always, except if you’re talking about a really important person, in that case you use “kata” to display respect

“sono”? it’s a synonim of “ano”, but it’s normally used for things that are closer… could it be a hint that the boss was close to the person saying that? but I’m not sure of that, it could be just another word you can use instead of ano since they’re pretty much synonims

could it be a hint that the boss was close to the person saying that? but I’m not sure of that, it could be just another word you can use instead of ano since they’re pretty much synonims

Actually, "sono kata" was used to refer to the culprit in the everyday cases. Now that I think of it, I recall only one usage.

then “sono” makes sense, since the culprit would’ve been close :P edit: but they still say “ano hito” most of the time, I think XD weird edit9000: I think it would make sense to say “sono” if you were indicating the person, usually they say “anata da” (it’s you) in those cases, though

except, why would they use kata? was it a particularly important person?

I think the boss of the BO is the guy with perfect pitch, where Conan meets that family where the house is set on fire and at the end he ends up in the car with Vermoth, thats when he gets the email address of that guy by the tune. I think the guy looks young sophistocated, disintresed and plays the violin.

Aoyama is a brilliant mystery writer and with any good mystery writer you need to leave little clues here and there. I don't think the boss will be a brand new character. I would be awesome if the boss was a member of the FBI or CIA.

i think that the person whom kaito kid is searching(as the murderer of his father)and conan is searching(Anokata the leader of the black organization) be one and the same as the boss in kaito kid story wants to become immortal by obtaining "Pandora gem". The person's reason for developing APTX-4869 is to re4duce the age of a person this is because though the drug is not a success but one don't create drugs to kill people with such huge expenditure.

Aoyama is a brilliant mystery writer and with any good mystery writer you need to leave little clues here and there. I don't think the boss will be a brand new character. I would be awesome if the boss was a member of the FBI or CIA.

Yes!If truth is double hard to beat him or her.

Alright, these are my suspicions:

First, I don't want to suspect a lot of the characters who are close to Shinichi, so basically anybody who has helped him (I'm not a fan of backstabbing I guess :P). So I refuse to suspect Agasa! I even refuse to suspect Ran's mom.

So here's my guess: Haibara's mom or dad. If i had to guess between the two I'd guess her dad.

My reasoning:

-Haibara will be suprised by the boss's identity. I HOPE she would be suprised to find out here mom/dad is not only alive but running the BO. I also suspect this since it was mentioned only "Haibara would be suprised", possibly indicating Conan wasn't suprised (However Conan could have already deduced as much so he wouldn't be suprised).

-The boss is somebody introduced to the series already. Although only mentioned, Haibara's parents were in fact 'introduced'.

-This kind of twist is something I would expect the author to do to the series, it also seems like a good way to disapoint as minimal fans as possible without introducing a new character.

Reasons against my deduction: (lol DC is making me talking like a wanna-be detective :P)

-Haibara's parents are supposed to be dead. Ok, well this is the most obvious reason against my theory; but I mean c'mon! Somebody using a trick to fake their own death? Not even close to impossible in the world of DC.

-Would Haibara's parents target/kill their own daughter (Haibara/her sister)? Well ok let's think about this based on personality. Take Gin for example, a ruthless killer who will attempt to silence anybody he sees a threat to the organization. What if we assume the boss is the same if not worse? Killing they're own daugther might be an afterthought to them.

-The boss's favourite is Vermouth. As of now it would seem pretty difficult to connect the two so that is a factor against my theory.

-Then there's the unknown information such as how their name relates to the orgainization's name and also how it relates to that seven crow business.

I've also been thinking of possible scenarios for havng Haibara's father/mother as the boss. For example let's say it's her father Atsushi and he killed his wife because she wanted to free Haibara and her sister from the organization, and pretended to kill himself off and became the boss of the organization (Maybe he wasn't the first boss!). Also I thought maybe he could die in the end too, and maybe as he's dieing finally says something decent to Haibara as his final words like "sorry". Although only saying sorry might be a bit lame of an ending :P.

Lemme know what you guys think, and also I just made this account so... Nice to meet you guys!

• Upvote 2

ai's parent don't need to fake death as she was a baby when this happened they just need to stop seeing her stay in hide that's it

the BO told her they was death is an accident but it may not be true