Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

Gosho's interview says the name of the boss has appeared. Personally, to me that indicates the boss has likely not physically appeared because it is weird to intentionally specify the name only when you could say more simply the boss has appeared.

So, essentially this means that Gosho mentioned the name sometime in the continuity. However, I kinda feel that it's odd to just have the name.

I'm still thinking that the actual Anokata has appeared sometime in the series.

So, essentially this means that Gosho mentioned the name sometime in the continuity. However, I kinda feel that it's odd to just have the name.

I'm still thinking that the actual Anokata has appeared sometime in the series.

Possible right!I know is proof on the season 1 or 2.

well what if the person is said to be dead?? so he/she can't appear in person yet

What the heck?

If that's the case, then Anokata cannot continue to be the boss of the B.O.

After all, Gin is still receiving instructions from Anokata, so how can Anokata be dead?

If that's the case, then Anokata cannot continue to be the boss of the B.O.

After all, Gin is still receiving instructions from Anokata, so how can Anokata be dead?

I think what he meant were characters like Atsushi, Elena, Renya... who were said to be dead, but actually still alive and currently leading the Org. (which I think is rather unlikely).

Anokata's still alive. Gin and Vermouth are still recieving orders from him. Though it's hard to find someone even smarter, more cunning, more evil than Gin.

If Gin weren't so "EVIL" he would make a good detective. Anyone agree?

Has anyone ever argued for Andre Camel? He still creeps me out and strikes me as incredibly untrustworthy. I'm wracking my brain to try and remember if there was any resolution to him telling Jodie he was calling his wife when he isn't married.

Has anyone ever argued for Andre Camel? He still creeps me out and strikes me as incredibly untrustworthy. I'm wracking my brain to try and remember if there was any resolution to him telling Jodie he was calling his wife when he isn't married.

His lie was a part of Akai's return Rena plan. Camel made a mistake on accident, but he meant nothing bad by it.

I think Gosho had a contingency plan for an early end. Sherry was introduced in the chapter Akemi died as a silhouette showing Gosho had her in mind for a very long while and could use her if he was forced to end early. If you look at Okino Yoko, she had three cigarettes and a statue of liberty lighter in her apartment although she was never shown smoking since. Personally, I think she was supposed to be Vermouth, but then Gosho decided to recreate Vermouth as Chris/Sharon Vineyard when he realized he didn't have to rush because his ratings were good. Okino became a plain spare character.

Going along the lines of Chek's theory here, does that also imply that maybe Yusaku and Yukiko were possible BO members/Anokata? When they first appear early on, they act out an entire and completely unrealistic kidnapping and pretending to be Organization members "play", tricking Conan into thinking they were evil. Maybe Gosho first thought up of the idea and planned to have them turn out to actually be BO members, but when he realized he didn't have to end it that soon, he made a change of plans and added an alternate ending?

The black organization members call him 'that person or Anokata'. Its mentioned in the wiki. But I don't think it is any one we know in DC

well don't you think they call the boss that way cause the boss name is well know so to keep mystery

This is another one of my far-fetched ideas, but maybe the Tokyo Spirits had something to do with the Org? Their team name, "spirits" could be referring to the alcohol. Gin, Vodka, and Tequila, the first three BO members introduced, are all types of spirits (Sherry and Vermouth are types of wine and Pisco is a brandy). If we assume Gosho planned on having an early ending, then we can see that the Tokyo Spirits were first introduced in Episode 10 or Chapters 68 to 71, which is really early on in the series. When he realized he had no need to end DC soon, Gosho dropped the Tokyo and BO connections and tied them instead with Tottori. That's just a random theory I had one day, and I'm not entirely sure how he planned on making them related to each other.