Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

I think the boss will be a boy the same age as shinichi ... what do you think?

it can't be the organization have been around for about half a century it wouldn't make sense if the boss is 17

maybe that guy from chicago called james from the episodes 258-259.

there's still one thing that bothers me. ai said (actually thought) that shinichi is involved in their plans long before he was born.but maybe the german translation just sucks...

then kudo senior and kid senior were kinda friends, so he must know something about the BO. maybe the quiz he gave shinichi back then which was for his father was a call for help...

maybe that guy from chicago called james from the episodes 258-259.

there's still one thing that bothers me. ai said (actually thought) that shinichi is involved in their plans long before he was born.but maybe the german translation just sucks...

then kudo senior and kid senior were kinda friends, so he must know something about the BO. maybe the quiz he gave shinichi back then which was for his father was a call for help...

nope that never happened, he had nothing to do with the black organization until he shrank :) I am pretty sure it was a translation mistake :)

nope that never happened, he had nothing to do with the black organization until he shrank :) I am pretty sure it was a translation mistake :)

Nope, it's a good translation. Haibara's quote at the baseball game hostage case V-19 file 9 is:

"Kudo-kun? You would probably never even dream that you are already a part of a project the Black Organization has been working on for over half a century...."

It's a hint to the purpose of the Organization's research and that APTX 4869 is supposed to be doing something closer to shrinking people rather than killing people. The logic behind this is the only known connection between Shinichi and the Black Organization is the APTX 4869 they forced him to take. Haibara is implying that by surviving and shrinking, Kudo has become part of the research project even if no other members of the B.O. but Shiho know about it.

Nope, it's a good translation. Haibara's quote at the baseball game hostage case V-19 file 9 is:

"Kudo-kun? You would probably never even dream that you are already a part of a project the Black Organization has been working on for over half a century...."

It's a hint to the purpose of the Organization's research and that APTX 4869 is supposed to be doing something closer to shrinking people rather than killing people. The logic behind this is the only known connection between Shinichi and the Black Organization is the APTX 4869 they forced him to take. Haibara is implying that by surviving and shrinking, Kudo has become part of the research project even if no other members of the B.O. but Shiho know about it.

yeah but what he said was that Shinichi/Conan has been involved with the Black organization before he was born and I did say that he didn't have anything with them UNTIL he shrank

yeah but what he said was that Shinichi/Conan has been involved with the Black organization before he was born and I did say that he didn't have anything with them UNTIL he shrank

Not quite. I could pull Abs. on this one for the original Japanese if you like, but looking at quite a few different subs and translations later, they all say same thing with slightly different wording. Haibara says Conan is involved in a project the Organization began over fifty years ago. That doesn't mean Conan was involved fifty years ago; it means the project is over fifty years old and Conan is a part of it, not implying Conan was involved from the start.

Not quite. I could pull Abs. on this one for the original Japanese if you like, but looking at quite a few different subs and translations later, they all say same thing with slightly different wording. Haibara says Conan is involved in a project the Organization began over fifty years ago. That doesn't mean Conan was involved fifty years ago; it means the project is over fifty years old and Conan is a part of it, not implying Conan was involved from the start.

I agree. Also, with James Black being the Boss, it's possible. He's the leader in the FBI. James Black is actually a popular suspect. I thought that it was interesting that Conan referred to his name 'James' being Sherlock Holmes's nemesis, James Mority(Or whatever his name was). I thought if he really was a good guy, it would be compared to James Bond.

I said that it was 17 because aoyama commonly used characters so far (shinichi, ran, kaito, Aoko, sagaru, Heiji, Kazuha, Shih, Sonoko, Eisuke,)

eh? but thats what I said, and I have read it in English (that was the only language I read it in so I am not sure about the other subs) Ai said "............ you are now part of the prject that the org started half a century ago" but in OPTIMUZ D kRIME quote he said ai said (actually thought) that shinichi is involved in their plans long before he was born. which is what I said was wrong and I said that he didn't have to so anything with them until he became Conan which means that yes now he does but back before he shrank he didn't have anything to do with the BO as far as I know...... I am kinda getting confused here :unsure: what I said was that before he shrank he didn't have anything to do with the BO, right? but you seem to tell me that Ai said that he was involved in a project that was started 50 years ago.... just because the project existed before he was born doesn't mean that he was involved in it before he was born

eh? but thats what I said, and I have read it in English (that was the only language I read it in so I am not sure about the other subs) Ai said didn't you know that you are now part of the prject that the org started half a century ago but in OPTIMUZ D kRIME quote he said ai said (actually thought) that shinichi is involved in their plans long before he was born. which is what I said was wrong and I said that he didn't have to so anything with them until he became Conan which means that yes now he does but back before he shrank he didn't have anything to do with the BO as far as I know...... I am kinda getting confused here :unsure: what I said was that before he shrank he didn't have anything to do with the BO, right? but you seem to tell me that Ai said that he was involved in a project that was started 50 years ago.... just because the project existed before he was born doesn't mean that he was involved in it before he was born

I'm just as confused as you are. But I believe what Aieant was that now Shinichi/Conan is deeply involved with the Organization, but he just doesn't realize it. I think that's what she meant. But, I'm only guessing.

I'm just as confused as you are. But I believe what Aieant (did you mean Ai meant) was that now Shinichi/Conan is deeply involved with the Organization, but he just doesn't realize it. I think that's what she meant. But, I'm only guessing.

I understand Ai's point what I am not understanding is Chekhov-san's point :unsure: and yes the way you explained it is right

and you need to erase that / at the end of the word quote so that it'll look like this

[/quote]

I understand Ai's point what I am not understanding is Chekhov-san's point :unsure: and yes the way you explained it is right

and you need to erase that / at the end of the word quote so that it'll look like this

I think we were both saying the same thing and I didn't realize it when I posted.

I'm sorry! I was typing on my iPod, and it got messed up! SORRY! Buy yes, why is it Genta? You know, I was wondering... They always think that the Detective Boys are suspects fo the Boss. If that was possible, what about their parents? We've seen Mitsuhiko's older sister, and Genta has his parents. I don't think his parents would be members, 'cause y'know, his dad is a real justice person. Unless, they're acting. But what bothers me, is that we've never seen anyone of Ayumi's family. We've kinda seen her mom, but it was off-screen. So, what's the deal with that??

I'm sorry! I was typing on my iPod, and it got messed up! SORRY! Buy yes, why is it Genta? You know, I was wondering... They always think that the Detective Boys are suspects fo the Boss. If that was possible, what about their parents? We've seen Mitsuhiko's older sister, and Genta has his parents. I don't think his parents would be members, 'cause y'know, his dad is a real justice person. Unless, they're acting. But what bothers me, is that we've never seen anyone of Ayumi's family. We've kinda seen her mom, but it was off-screen. So, what's the deal with that??

We've seen Ayumi's dad at the end of the haunted mansion case. It's funny how the parents never seem to yell at them again for getting into even worse trouble...

parents.png

We've seen Ayumi's dad at the end of the haunted mansion case. It's funny how the parents never seem to yell at them again for getting into even worse trouble...

parents.png

Oh. you're right! I never noticed that! But what about her mom? We never see her! Even though she's been mentioned a few times, we've never seen her. Yeah, you're right(AGAIN)! They've done so many dangerous things, encountered murderers, been taken hostage, and all that stuff, and their parents NEVER say anything! Strange...

She appears in an episode...but cannot remember if it is an AO or not...

It was in M-3: The Last Wizard of the Century. Right at the start, Ayumi is told to go to bed by her mother. And true, Ayumi's mother's face is never shown.