Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

Also, a secret modern day criminal organization of Nazis doing diabolical research? Funny, I swear I've heard this plot somewhere else before... I sure hope not. Also, wouldn't the German equivalent of the FBI or CIA want to be involved?

My idea is that after Hitler committed "suicide", he really went into hiding. He went into hiding because he probably managed to create the serum and left the rest of Germany face the wrath of the Allies. The governments around the world thought the Nazis had disbanded and were now not a threat. And that's when the Shihos start playing a role...

Speaking of Hitler, it could also be possible that the BO Boss was originally Hitler.

It's a strange theory, but what if (this isn't true, but...) Hitler's main goal was to originally stay alive forever? He used the German government as a starting point and the public as a way to gain scientists and money. He might have found the remedy and used it, but then the Shihos (Sherry's parents) might have sabotaged the plan and destroyed the serum (or pill, etc.) and probably killed Hitler along the way. The BO (originally called the Nazis) got rid of the Shihos but kept Sherry and her sister. Some other person took over the place, they moved to Japan (since Japan and Germany were working together in the creation of the fountain of youth, hence their cooperation in WWII) and it started off from there.

Just my theory, and a crazy one at that.

But Vermouth is American and she was probably born during that period of time. How did she get involved with them in the first place ? Unless she's actually German...

Also, a secret modern day criminal organization of Nazis doing diabolical research? Funny, I swear I've heard this plot somewhere else before... I sure hope not. Also, wouldn't the German equivalent of the FBI or CIA want to be involved?

Not necessarily diabolic, at least in the current timeline. Nowadays their project is probably based on biology and chemistry only.

But in that period, the boundary between science and magic were fragile. People back then were not very familiar with modern science and still believe in things like immortality and such. Sometimes, they even used magic as a bait so support science, and also the other way around. Occult research were not uncommon at the time... If the BO really had tried doing something like that, they must have failed a lot before restarting with the pure scientific method.

Also, the BO doesn't necessarily have to be The Nazis themselves, as they probably did the research independently. Like I said above, occult research were not uncommon in the past, especially in Asia, where modern science was still a strange thing or not fully developed (even for Japan in WW2). I know it well because I also live in Asia.

Can I just point out that the race Hitler wanted to rule were supposed to be Aryan (sp?) Christian Germans. I get the feeling the programs you watched were biased. Though people trying to bring him back after he died are still fair game.

That's why I said I had never found any reliable document about this thing, as they all seem to have bent the truth. But since occultism were not uncommon, even if they didn't have anything to do with Hitler, there's still a possibility that Gosho based the plot on those things (especially when he states that the BO's research has been around for 50+ years). Whatever the original purpose of APTX4869 was, at that time, the scientific condition for such research was poor. Even Sherry, a genius, and modern technology (not to mention her lab-workers, her parents' theories, and lots of money...) can only make the chance of de-aging less than 1%. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if the BO started their project the occult way...

Of course it's kinda cheap but since Conan is just manga, there's no harm for Gosho to do that.

Personally, I think that the Nazi idea is an interesting fanfiction idea, even if it doesn't turn out to be canon. :-D

I believe the Nazi idea possibly could work. Or possibly another historical person who wished to achieve immortality could work.

Another historical person...? Pandora = Philosophers stone? Hmm ... it's possible, but unlikely...

They're trying to revive Voldemort!?

In an effort to make my post ontopic, I'm going to say the boss isn't Agasa because the plot would be utterly stupid if he was. There just isn't any even half-good excuse Agasa could have to justify the fact that he had been hiding Haibara and Conan from the Org while ordering them to look for and kill Sherry. I was testing you - asinine. I was researching the effects of APTX - why not haul them off to an Org lab somewhere to be studied?

If we only count the characters that have already been featured or mentioned, it's really hard to logically point out that who is The Boss, everything so far is just pure speculation. I doubt that Gosho would leave behind some direct hints like the Vermouth arc, Kir arc and Bourbon arc... Of course except for the known clues like the Boss' identity has been mentioned in some form or his/her favorite in Vermouth... but they don't really narrow down much.

So far, the most suspicious known characters in my opinion are:

• Sharon Vineyard's husband (if he really exists and is not another alias of Vermouth): If he exists and is still alive, then he's most likely to be The Boss.

• Kurisuke Agasa (Prof. Agasa's uncle who died 50 years ago): I don't really know why I suspect him, probably because that he's rich. And I really got obsessed whenever I hear the phrase "50 years ago" or "half a century ago"...

• Atsushi Miyano: Less suspicious than the other twos but there's still a possibility that he's the Boss. His death remains as a mystery, and unlike his wife, he was never showed in canon (despite having been mentioned once or twice) for some unknown reasons. Not much is known about his personality. Also, Haibara's strange reactions point out that she might know something that we didn't.

• Elena Miyano: Just like her husband, however, her face was actually drawn (though not clearly). Despite having been described briefly, her actions and her personality do not make her less mysterious than her husband.

• Someone from the Suzuki family (but not Sonoko nor Jirokichi): Not really suspicious, but they're rich and have many connections.

@Chekhov: I was actually referring to the historical Nicholas Flamel, not the one from Harry Potter...

EDIT: While this would explain Aoyama's trip to France, I think it's unlikely because so far we've only seen the Org links to America and Japan and no European countries...

• Sharon Vineyard's husband (if he really exists and is not another alias of Vermouth): If he exists and is still alive, then he's most likely to be The Boss.

I really wish we knew more about this guy. I don't think the boss is in any kind of exclusive relationship with Vermouth (note the exclusive, "shared" is possible) because Vermouth was pretty forward about propositioning Gin right in front of Vodka, but maybe the boss (in disguise) and Vermouth pretended to be husband and wife occasionally as part of her Sharon act. This might make sense if the boss likes Vermouth's company (for personality reasons .. and maybe also other things); he did tell her to "come back to my side". They also share some of the same ideas, Akai being the "silver bullet", and all. If the boss uses the term "silver bullet" as well, and it wasn't just a paraphrase by Vermouth, that would be more evidence they could hang out together often.

Sometimes I wonder if Gin is in the same wonky aging boat as Vermouth and they "got married" with Gin in disguise as the husband. I doubt it, because they don't seem to have any affection for one another, unless the marriage was just entirely for occasional public appearances and they actually didn't even live together (or even like each other beyond the occasional casual encounter). Also Vermouth was in America most of the time previously by the sound of it, and Gin has only had Japanese appearances in the past, although he can read English.

Could it be that Sharon's husband was just some random guy that Vermouth chose/hired/blackmailed to be her husband, then killed him off ? Of course it would be much safer if she just used someone from her own side (like Calvados), but Vermouth doesn't seem to mind blackmailing random people (the Haunted Ship case).

Could it be that Sharon's husband was just some random guy that Vermouth chose/hired/blackmailed to be her husband, then killed him off ? Of course it would be much safer if she just used someone from her own side (like Calvados), but Vermouth doesn't seem to mind blackmailing random people (the Haunted Ship case).

I really don't think she would blackmail someone to be her husband. Like you said it's too risky. The guy on the ship was blackmailed for a "good" reason (not that blackmail is good, but it wasn't just random). She needed a case to be there so Shinichi would come, leaving Haibara exposed and alone. She mailed an invitation to Mouri too which gives Conan an excuse to come to the party if he wanted to. Conan didn't take the bait, instead he told Hattori to go.

Maybe most of the time, the husband was simply another costume of Vermouth, so basically the entire Vineyard family is Vermouth. /most boring family reunion ever

When you think about it Yoko Okino isn't that unreasonable... she hangs around Kogoro with no reason and she could be classified as a "minor character."

But yes, I would laugh until I cried if Kogoro turned out to be boss. He's so stupid, he's not even a decent detective, so how the hell could he be a boss? XD *listens to "Like A Boss*

When you think about it Yoko Okino isn't that unreasonable... she hangs around Kogoro with no reason and she could be classified as a "minor character."

But yes, I would laugh until I cried if Kogoro turned out to be boss. He's so stupid, he's not even a decent detective, so how the hell could he be a boss? XD *listens to "Like A Boss*

If Kogoro is boss, then Ran and Shinichi's love can never be. And all the ShinShi fans rejoiced.

I was thinking that too...what's the purpose why Ayumi's mother hasn't reveal her face?

And Aoyama said that haibara will be surprised with the identity of that person, and I think that haibara never suspect ayumi's mother

And Aoyama said that haibara will be surprised with the identity of that person, and I think that haibara never suspect ayumi's mother

please give me a news or article about i bold :unsure:

If Kogoro is boss, then Ran and Shinichi's love can never be. And all the ShinShi fans rejoiced.

Like! But what an amazing, invincible, intelligent boss they would have! Whew! NO ONE would ever be able to defeat them! Wow, Kogoro...