Detective Conan World
User 4869

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 906-908 - Scriptwriter Murder case

THIS THREAD is used to discuss about SPOILERSIn other words, if you only read the English version and wish to wait for the full release instead of getting spoiled, this is NOT the right place for you!

RULES OF THE SPOILER-ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD:

1. Any kind of spoiler involving the case (pictures, texts, information, full scans...) of any language that is released before the English version must be posted HEREThe English translations of the spoilers must also be posted here.

2. Any kind of discussion involving the spoilers must be posted HERE.

3. Despite being a spoiler-only thread, EVERY spoiler and discussion involving events that have not happened in the English releases STILL has to be put inside Spoiler boxes. When the file in question is fully released in English, this is not necessary anymore.

4. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler pictures are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan, like the ones we usually have).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

Text you want to write

Or more manually:

Step 1: Click the "Special BBCode" icon at the upper-left side of the edit toolbar.

Untitled-1_zps5a0dae75.png

Step 2: In BBCode, select "Spoiler".

Spoiler_zpsc5764e29.jpg

Step 3: Enter the text that you want to put inside Spoiler boxes, then click OK.

Text_zps4958fb14.jpg

ANYWAY, everyone should read this whole post carefully before posting or viewing anything. If you are mistaken for not paying attention to it, the creator of the thread, the moderators and every other forum members will NOT take any responsibility.

Since at least one group has picked up the scanlation, all of the rules above are still effective.

Read from bottom up

1 Sep 14, 23:46

d6nny: and as far as i managed to understand, Haibara told Conan that the murder doesn't seem to be of the Org's doing.. and Conan agreed to that..

1 Sep 14, 23:42

d6nny: so, Hiabara said every single person who told her about RUM had a different story.. but they all agreed on one thing regarding him/her. i guess this (thing) will be mentioned in the last page of the third file of this series (at least) and haibara will remember.

1 Sep 14, 23:32

d6nny: ah, don't bother.. i managed to translate the important parts myself (wohoo) :D thanks, Imba!

red.orchid: Been a while since a colored cover: http://imgur.com/bqofWiE

1 Sep 14, 21:22

red.orchid: http://bbs.dmzj.com/thread-948362-1-1.html

partial translation for file906 thanks to imbalance01:

http://conanforum.org/index.php?page=Thread&postID=823834#post823834

1 Sep 14, 04:42 PM

Eclipse: The partial translation is in German

1 Sep 14, 04:43 PM

Eclipse: P.3, Haibara says Rum is the number two in the BO

Fujiwara: No break next week.

File 906 Chinese

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3270316680

Found it buried in the cbox log.

• Upvote 1

From Googletran. Haibara heard of but never met Rum, so she doesn't know his gender. Three shadows in the 3rd page are what the say Rum's appearance could have been.

Some describe Rum as strong man, others call him a female looking (man) and again others say that he is an old man.

This is also the description of the suspects in the case.

Disguise ahoy LoL

• Upvote 1

Hmmm I thought file 906 would have nothing to do with the plot but I guess it will be more interesting than I thought....

The title translates to something like "The Cordial Woman"?

The Rum's appearance question is giving me strong vibes of the case from Volume 32/33 File 228-330 / Anime Episode 253-254: Metropolitan Police Detective Love Story 4

Maybe the solution is that the members of the BO have only seen Rum in silhouette, or from the back, or only his hands. That leads to different impressions.

Rum is a liquor so it's likely he will be a man.

Oh my gosh, Rum hype train here we go!  I hope Rum ends up being an old man, because there have been a serious lack of them since Pisco.  I find it hard to believe all the important Org. members consist[ed] of up and coming young prodigies like Bourbon, the Miyano sisters, Vermouth (?), etc.

The old man silhouette remind me of the old man in Night Baron case. I didn't recheck if my memory is right though.

And The English file is released. Should I forgo Spoiler box now?

I guess we can probably drop the spoiler boxes for now. Fujiwara pointed out that RUM, unlike all the other BO who have appeared so far, is written in uppercase English letters in all of the conversation bubbles. Other BO have their names written out phonetically in katakana. Fujiwara suggested RUM might be initials or an abbreviation for something, rather than a codename of an agent.

It was Akai who assumed RUM was meant to be a warning of an active agent. Kir might have meant something else.

• Upvote 2

I guess we can probably drop the spoiler boxes for now. Fujiwara pointed out that RUM, unlike all the other BO who have appeared so far, is written in uppercase English letters in all of the conversation bubbles. Other BO have their names written out phonetically in katakana. Fujiwara suggested RUM might be initials or an abbreviation for something, rather than a codename of an agent.

It was Akai who assumed RUM was meant to be a warning of an active agent. Kir might have meant something else.

Oh shoot, didn't notice that.  Kind of weird Kir would be in such a rush she'd have to send such an easily misinterpreted warning, especially considering if Conan and crew take RUM to be an agent and not perhaps an operation or drug of sorts, it could actually hurt them more than help.

And leave it to Gosho to potentially take a spin on the word "rum" which is far too often paired with "red" for use as a cameo in detective flicks or someone's username.  He could have really taken it the easy way out. 

RUM could be a special operation group in the BO that consists of the three members ( with the described characteristics of "RUM") and where as RUM is the initials of the three people's code names(alcoholic). The thing that haibara forgot(that the three description had in common) could be an emblem, symbol or any kind of sign(clothing etc) that they wear that defines them as RUM(members).

RUM might also be someone skillful with disguises, who has never showed his/her true face to anyone but anokata. Who because of that has gotten many descriptions of his/her characteristics, where they had one thing in common(which could be something important to RUM and could become a plot device in the future). Also, this outcome would show us that anokata's favorite/right-hand both are enthusiastic about disguising, which could give us a hint about the boss character.

• Upvote 2

RUM could be a special operation group in the BO that consists of the three members ( with the described characteristics of "RUM") and where as RUM is the initials of the three people's code names(alcoholic). The thing that haibara forgot(that the three description had in common) could be an emblem, symbol or any kind of sign(clothing etc) that they wear that defines them as RUM(members).

RUM might also be someone skillful with disguises, who has never showed his/her true face to anyone but anokata. Who because of that has gotten many descriptions of his/her characteristics, where they had one thing in common(which could be something important to RUM and could become a plot device in the future). Also, this outcome would show us that anokata's favorite/right-hand both are enthusiastic about disguising, which could give us a hint about the boss character.

Really like that three person mini-group idea, and it would explain the whole "three faces" problem with a bit more realism.

• Upvote 1

Really like that three person mini-group idea, and it would explain the whole "three faces" problem with a bit more realism.

That asks the question if R U M are the  first initials of  3 alcoholic beverages put together to form a team (that also makes the name RUM up)

or something not alcohol related

File 907 spoilers from DCTP:

http://111.imagebam.com/temporarylink/0oFVoa591FSefwbJ27WbTA/1409946514/35006/350054090/0.jpg

File 907 title: A Suspicious Witness

cr. Fujiwara & Conan#1

The link doesn't seem to work.  Authorization required, and it appears to be "temporary link", whatever that is.

It doesn't seem plot related though; just a really shocking trick using 20,000 yen for chapter 908.  I'll get hyped back up when we mention RUM again.

It's almost obvious that this is a...

.... fake murder setup by the victim, to frame one of the suspects, just by reading the first chapter!! All hints point to that. Almost completely sure about it...but anything alike can be possible. ...

It's almost obvious that this is a...

.... fake murder setup by the victim, to frame one of the suspects, just by reading the first chapter!! All hints point to that. Almost completely sure about it...but anything alike can be possible. ...

Yeah that's what people were saying in the spoiler cbox. It seems that the victim was a melodramatic crime scriptwriter who might have used items that each of the three suspects would later take from the scene to hang herself with. One would take the 100 sheets of paper script, one would take the cash, and the last one would take the phone. The wind would blow these items around at her feet so it wasn't exactly clear exactly what she did. The question is how do you stack these items tall enough to hang yourself from them?

(DETAILED DEDICTION) It's almost obvious that this is a...

.... fake murder setup by the victim, to frame one of the suspects, just by reading the first chapter!! All hints point to that. Almost completely sure about it.

Hints:

1. the apartment looked unusually clean and untouched for a murder. If someone drugged her before hanging her it would make sense BUT, why would someone who had planned this murder quite well forget to put a footstool under the hanged woman to set it up

as a suicide? The answer is simple: because there never was a fight or anything that would affect the apartment to begin with because she commited suicide!! Tje footstool was missing because she was trying to this up as a murder, by using the 200 000 yen for a trick to make the footstool AND the 200 000 yen "disappear"!!

2. Why was the suspects names written in all the calendars? Because she wanted to make sure that the police could fine them easily in case the little boy bailed out of the house witnessing plan!

3. Why did she tell the boy about an upcoming possible murder? So that people that hears about this would automatically assume this was a setup suicide and to make the "finding the suspect" part easier!

4. Why was the envelope so close to the victim? Because sje wamted the police to find it easily and assume that the motive was money, after looking at the withdrawal certificate in the envelope!

As for motive....A hatred towards one of the suspects could be involved but especially being in a lot of debt(explaining the suicide). The fact that she is a scriptwriter for a TV drama tell us a lot. She was planning commit suicide because of her debt and frame it as murder against the hated suspect. Why it's well-planned for a suicide has something to do with because she always writes script to dramas(knowing Gosho, probably a mystery drama) and so with wide-spread imagination she created this plan that she might've planned to make a drama episode of before....

That concludes my deduction!! ...but anything alike can be possible too...

EDIT: haven't read chapter 908(or what ever is out from it) except 200 000 yen trick part and haven't checked the cbox conversations @chek! (-just saying-...)

• Upvote 1