Detective Conan World
Akazora

Official Magic Kaito 1412 News and Discussion Thread

What's so bad about Jirokichi? Sure, he's pretty much a plot device to get ridiculous museum set-ups, but other than that I don't see what's bad about him. Before him we had one heist in DC and two cases where Kid was in the backround the entire and only showed up more (Magic Lovers) or less (Gathering of Detectives) pointlessly at the end. Not very impressive except for the Black Star tbh. And there were great heists with Jirokichi like Midair Walk, Teleportation Magic and Kid vs. Makoto.

The AO treatment is what would make me nervous. Than again, i think it would be easier to do silly stuff with kid than think about crime cases. Its not like gosho has every great chapter in MK.

Do you agree that what ruined kid in DC was jirokichi, as in him wanting to catch him. Up to that point everything was going well. If they bring him in this AO MK it would be...boring ( like it always is )

Most of the cases where Jirokichi has a role, at least the more recent ones don't chime too well with me. I can not stand the latest Kid case with Makoto, but my problem with that episode isn't Jirokichi... Even the cases pre-dating Jirokichi, It's hard for me to say what "ruined" him, since I've never really liked him much to begin with. I wouldn't say Jirokichi is the problem, I've just never really liked Kid outside of Magic Kaito or felt that he really fit in Detective Conan.

so is there a second season 

Wut, that was so random.  Trust me, if there were a second season announced, I would have posted about it already given I wasn't preoccupied with other work.

Just, i wouldnt mind seeing a second season. Even if its made up and not Goshos work. Kidd is garbage, mostly, in DC these days and some time now, but his show is nice.

Yea I agree with that. I like Magic Kaito, but don't care for Kid in Detective Conan (don't hate him, but pretty apathetic towards his appearances in general), minus some of the early cases. I liked A-1's job with it, so if it does get a second season in the future, I wouldn't mind having them do it. I just picked up Boku dake ga Inai Machi, and the art-style really does remind me of MK1412  :P

I'm not sure how I'd feel about it getting the AO treatment.

9V13Jp7tydWDW6Kj5slYtZC8yf0@200x200.png

This is sarcasm, right?  Right, guys?

I really did like A-1's adaptation of Magic Kaito, no sarcasm  :P - It took some time to get used to, but it was something different. (Though I still do prefer the specials in almost every other way, I really do like the art in MK1412)

What's so bad about Jirokichi? Sure, he's pretty much a plot device to get ridiculous museum set-ups, but other than that I don't see what's bad about him. Before him we had one heist in DC and two cases where Kid was in the backround the entire and only showed up more (Magic Lovers) or less (Gathering of Detectives) pointlessly at the end. Not very impressive except for the Black Star tbh. And there were great heists with Jirokichi like Midair Walk, Teleportation Magic and Kid vs. Makoto.

As a character i find him boring and unnecessary, jirokichi. The problem is what you just mentioned, the stupid traps. Its all the same, every time. Jirokichi never learns anything from it, not even the second time on the same heist. Even if he is in disguise on those earlier case he is still there and working the case, which i find well done. I just think if things went back to pre-jirokichi it would make him better. Midair walker and teleporter are better than some but not much good either. These are just my thoughts  

Most of the cases where Jirokichi has a role, at least the more recent ones don't chime too well with me. I can not stand the latest Kid case with Makoto, but my problem with that episode isn't Jirokichi... Even the cases pre-dating Jirokichi, It's hard for me to say what "ruined" him, since I've never really liked him much to begin with. I wouldn't say Jirokichi is the problem, I've just never really liked Kid outside of Magic Kaito or felt that he really fit in Detective Conan.

I have no problem with that Makoto episode. I was good for me because of character development for Makoto. Other than that, the karate and power shoes were deadly.

Wut, that was so random.  Trust me, if there were a second season announced, I would have posted about it already given I wasn't preoccupied with other work.

sorry bruh, its just my cup of tea

I really did like A-1's adaptation of Magic Kaito, no sarcasm  :P - It took some time to get used to, but it was something different. (Though I still do prefer the specials in almost every other way, I really do like the art in MK1412)

my thoughts exactly 

sorry bruh, its just my cup of tea

60271561.jpg

(I'm just playing, y'all can like what you want to.)

100.gif