Detective Conan World
Akazora

Official Magic Kaito 1412 News and Discussion Thread

don't fix my posts

i stand by what i said

maybe we will now, for moneys sake, get Magic kaito 1412 ovas and specials and movies

OVAs: Mess around with the characters with no promise of canon logical-ness? Totally.

Specials: ...

Movies: We shall keep on hoping.

Different strokes for different folks.  I have very high expectations and standards when it comes to anime, for good or for worse.  I'm standing by my statement that MK1412's animation has improved since episode 1 but has not yet reached average level yet.  "Amazing" is reserved for only a select few anime that not only have good animation but also take directional and artistic risks as well as provide a unique and groundbreaking visual experience.  I would rather not water down the definition of the word "amazing" by tacking it on to MK1412. 

I use the word amazing in everything i can enjoy and watch

the way they are drawn could use some improvements but the animation has the old touch

which we will never get back

animes have diff animation, dont meant that this one is bad...cause it fits them 

I use the word amazing in everything i can enjoy and watch

the way they are drawn could use some improvements but the animation has the old touch

which we will never get back

animes have diff animation, dont meant that this one is bad...cause it fits them 

Ehh, don't really want to argue, but I've always seen animation as objective and art as subjective.

Take this example of bad animation from Naruto:

784793609741763909.gif

As well as all these other examples in this article: http://kotaku.com/more-crappy-animated-images-for-your-amusement-1596308091

Compare it to these examples from Kill la Kill and FLCL respectively:

fight.gif?w=640tumblr_mccv8mgWa11qjlwa8o1_500.gif

As well as a ton of other examples that can be found in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g8t40gxJ88

We could debate good art vs bad art all day, but there's very little to debate when it comes to animation.

And if you say that MK1412 isn't an action based show and thus the examples above do not apply, then I'll just give you a few examples of action-less shows that have far superior animation to MK1412.

Compare MK1412:

tumblr_ncxm3m2Jba1rj2of8o1_500.giftumblr_ncyq1xdvJ01txotz6o1_500.gif

with these examples from Hyouka and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso respectively:

giphy.giftumblr_ne9wo9VqL31qcsnnso1_500.gif

Calling everything above "amazing" would be a bit of an insult to the latter two, don't you think?  And MK1412 could seriously do with better animation, like the treatment Hyouka and Shigatsu received.  What is has now is a bit of an eyesore and makes the whole series just not something I can take seriously when it wants to be taken seriously.

ok fine 

its animation is superb then

Bruh.  I'm not trying to get to you to retract your previous statement of MK1412's animation being "amazing", I was just stating how I felt about it and provided some examples.  You can say what you want to say and believe what you want to believe.

You can say it's amazing or suburb until you're red in the face, but that will never make it true. You can like whatever you want, I fully admit to liking some things that aren't the best, but if we encourage sub par work, they will only continue to give that amount of effort. Just look at this screencap where pieces of stuff are missing and overlapping weird. I noticed this and went back to make sure I saw what I thought I saw.

tumblr_nikfmlEB6K1qbvx60o1_540.jpg

I cannot even describe how pissed I am at how cheap and crappy both this and SMCrystal are. And yes, you saying its soo amazing when it's not? That makes me even more angry. Don't settle for crap. They're made it incredibly easy to see how bad it is given they said it wasn't going to be a reboot, but then it was literally a reboot. You can side to side compare it to the specials and episodes. I'm offended as an artist and a fan by how bad this animation is.

As for the Crystal Mother, I just skipped 4 times within the episode and knew it was the same all over again. Disappoint. :\ Next one looks like the fangirl princess? :S

You can say it's amazing or suburb until you're red in the face, but that will never make it true. You can like whatever you want, I fully admit to liking some things that aren't the best, but if we encourage sub par work, they will only continue to give that amount of effort. Just look at this screencap where pieces of stuff are missing and overlapping weird. I noticed this and went back to make sure I saw what I thought I saw.

I cannot even describe how pissed I am at how cheap and crappy both this and SMCrystal are. And yes, you saying its soo amazing when it's not? That makes me even more angry. Don't settle for crap. They're made it incredibly easy to see how bad it is given they said it wasn't going to be a reboot, but then it was literally a reboot. You can side to side compare it to the specials and episodes. I'm offended as an artist and a fan by how bad this animation is.

As for the Crystal Mother, I just skipped 4 times within the episode and knew it was the same all over again. Disappoint. :\ Next one looks like the fangirl princess? :S

MK1412 was made solely for the purpose of fanservice and for the promotion of movie 19.

Think about it like this: They're just capitalizing on this show because DC has a huge fanbase. There will, undoubtedly, be people who will eat up this crap. So why not put in minimal effort into the show if it's going to turn out somewhat successful anyway?

I also felt cheated because I was initially looking forward to it. I'm not going to lie--the reboots are beginning to get on my nerves.

My motivation for wanting to watch this show has gradually dwindled as time passed, but I kept following it just for the sake of completion.

The show's animation did improve over time if that's any consolation.

Still not as much of a cash grab as Tokyo Ghoul Root A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txj_k5NHZF0

I love how people say this opening is deep, artistic, and symbolic.  Ahahaha, yeeeaahh sure, whatever helps them sleep at night.  I've seen symbolic openings before, and this isn't one of them.  This is just bad directing by people who are putting money before quality.

Also, not all reboots are bad.  ufotable is doing a superb job with Fate/stay night:

tumblr_n59vgumuv31ry576bo2_250.giftumblr_n59vgumuv31ry576bo5_250.gif

(left is old and right is new, though it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out)

no one i denying that they didn't make MK1412 for more money

but i don't know or have anything related to the "they also made it for the M19" part

i find this kid better cause he has his own world and plays in it and is funny at times...to me

DC kid has lost all purpose to me, ever since jirokichi made his intro everything went south

im mostly furious watching kid in DC

is MH mesmerizing me with Fate/SN/UBW stuff to join his point of view 

Episode 15 is out.

I don't think I've ever seen CGI people used so poorly before.  Has this director/producer/who ever is in charge never made an anime before?  Using CGI people is a good way to cut down on animation that could be used for more action packed scenes and it's practically an unavoidable technique with people's expectations of good animation being stricter than ever nowadays, but to use blatantly obvious CGI people as the core focus point for a few seconds was just stupid.  I don't think I saw CGI people at all up until now, so the effect was jarring to say the least.  CGI should only be used for small, sometimes blurred out people in the background, where your eyes aren't focused, and nothing else.  Really disappointed.

By the way, if you somehow missed the moment I was talking about, it was when the policemen all dog piled on each other.

Ugh, next up is Miraculous Midair Walk. God, why did they have to choose the worst Kaito Kid case from DC to be included in 1412? Even Teleportation Magic was better and that wasn't that good either.

Oh well, I'll just be more excited for Green Dream in two weeks, that manga chapter has the potential to be a really awesome episode.

I looked forward to seeing this episode because Conan appears in it :P. Anyways, I really liked it, definitely one of my favorites. I really like the use of CG, and Conan looks absolutely gorgeous in this art style. Conan had a fair amount of screen time in this episode, and it was pretty cool seeing this episode in Kid's point of view. 

I'm looking forward to Green Dream. That one's pretty good.

I was pretty hyped when I first heard about this series.

Geez, how times have changed.

Now watching these episodes seems more like chore rather something I'd do leisurely.

They're recycling way too many episodes and I'm still appalled by the lack of effort put into the art.

I'm really not in the mood to watch this episode yet, so I guess I'll use it as a procrastination tool when I don't feel like doing my English homework.

Better yet, I think I'll use this as motivation to do my English homework rather than wasting time watching it.

Its amazing to have Magic Kaito 1412 in the same timeframe as Detective Conan... But some of the released episode resembles.. no almost have the same story as the one in Detective Conan OVA Kid The Phantom Thief..

Its amazing to have Magic Kaito 1412 in the same timeframe as Detective Conan... But some of the released episode resembles.. no almost have the same story as the one in Detective Conan OVA Kid The Phantom Thief..

That was the point.  It doesn't look like we're going to get any major anime original stuff until maybe the last episode or two if they decide to go with an AO ending.

(Also, your Guilty Crown signature had me like "3big5me".  I suggest you put it in spoilers since wallpapers don't usually make for the best sigs.)