Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
iyin

Tell me, what's wrong with this picture.

Hey hey,

please look at the attached image and tell me that I'm not the only one finding it really odd. I mean the drawings aren't very well done at all. And I'm confused. Some of the digital animation looks better to me, other times I find myself irritated by the seemingly bad art. What do you think?

By the way, I know that the first seasons of the series, back in their analog times, didn't have good drawings either, but at some point they got it right. But now with the digitalized versions I'm not so sure anymore.

post-27787-0-00510400-1405720380_thumb.p

What am i looking at?

All jokes aside, we all know that with each new season animation changes, some for better some for worse. As for me i liked the old drawings better, same with the art style.

If you think thats bad, wait untill you see the 730+...that a bit strange

I think what's bothering me the most is the fact that the animators were too lazy to give the guy a neck. I remember watching this episode a while ago, but I don't remember the context of the picture. Was it a magic file?

Yeah, the animations do "evolve" over time, sometimes for the worse.

I actually don't mind the new animations or the old ones. I used to really dislike the old ones because of body proportion (aka the ears). It kinda grew on me after a while. The only thing I dislike about the new ones is that the features of characters are too defined. I personally think the animation was at its best around the 300s. I think it was at its worst around the 400-500 portion (probably because the colors had too much contrast, it really bothered me).

• Upvote 1

The animation has sadly been bad for a few years now. I was just showing a friend tonight the openings, because everything from the mid 20s onward is bad. Generally you can tell the animation in DC based on the hands alone; if they're bad, the whole thing is going to be subpar. :\

The animation has sadly been bad for a few years now. I was just showing a friend tonight the openings, because everything from the mid 20s onward is bad. Generally you can tell the animation in DC based on the hands alone; if they're bad, the whole thing is going to be subpar. :\

Overall though I find the manga to be very well drawn. What do you think?