Detective Conan World
MelloLily

Enter: MelloLily

Hello!

So Melody is my real name... no joke, for some reason, it is hard for people to believe that online.  So I have to emphasize it.  Mello is a nick name I picked up from friends in middle school.  I added Lily since it is my favorite flower and a fake name I used sometimes for fun.  Hence, now I have my main username I use online and a name people know me as, MelloLily.  So that is the story on how I got that username.

I am 20, will be 21 in October.  Going into my fourth year of college, studying Human Services/Psychology with a minor in Criminal Justice.  I currently have my Associate's and working on Bachelor's.

I work with two subbing groups for Detective Conan (by the way, I support buying the things to support the show/manga, but takes too long to get to America).  My first group is HubukiSubs, known for being the first to get out Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: Movie.  The second group who I just joined two days ago, ShinRanSubs, known to have the most recent videos out right now.  I do not translate, I only work on spelling and grammar.  Not claiming to be the best, but I can tell when spelling is wrong or when wrong word is used.  Edit: I now know how to do timing.

Other than that, I moderate on two anime sites: NarutoSpot, and AnimeRam.

A bit about myself and hobbies.  I enjoy anime and manga, well that was a given.  I also draw some anime, but I am not that good... I avoid drawing hands.  I also love to swim and being outdoors, so I am not a complete basket case.  Oh wait, I have to add gaming, so basket case it is.

So a bit about myself, feel free to ask questions and let me know about yourself.

Oh, and since I know this may come up as a question, here is MyAnimeList.  I have to add 1-2 more animes I have seen and add a few on plan to watch, but I think you can get the gist of a lot of anime I have seen.  And yes, you'll see a lot of yaoi.

I have a lot of respect for subbers and scanlators. Mostly because my country imports next to nil anime and manga so I wouldn't be able to buy them (I dont even have online accounts to order them) haha. I could very well be a subber and grammar corrector but I'm too lazy a person to do so.

Your name certainly does ring a bell...let me tune out these unwanted pun-pun-puns.... XD

Allo Melody  

nice to have you here on DCW

Hai!  Great to be here :)

I have a lot of respect for subbers and scanlators. Mostly because my country imports next to nil anime and manga so I wouldn't be able to buy them (I dont even have online accounts to order them) haha. I could very well be a subber and grammar corrector but I'm too lazy a person to do so.

Your name certainly does ring a bell...let me tune out these unwanted pun-pun-puns.... XD

Ah yes, if I had a dollar for every time someone asked me to sing them a tune...  :P

Melody? Is that your name? It's such a nice name! Have some candy for introducing yourself~ Wait. You don't like candy. Earl Grey tea~!

Yupperz, my real name.

And you know me well! ^_^ -Takes tea gratefully- 

*waves*

Welcome :) Thanks for being a part of subbing groups.. it makes my life a little easier ^^;; (Or it did.. idkanymore) Nice intro :) I'll be 20 in October o.o'''

hand-drawing is the bane of my existance

Hello! now I have an assistant *grins evilly*

Hope you stick around! Cool, you're already a donator! *thumbs up* Every little cent/whatever currency helps~

~"Nara"

*waves*

Welcome :) Thanks for being a part of subbing groups.. it makes my life a little easier ^^;; (Or it did.. idkanymore) Nice intro :) I'll be 20 in October o.o'''

hand-drawing is the bane of my existance

:)

Hello! now I have an assistant *grins evilly*

Hope you stick around! Cool, you're already a donator! *thumbs up* Every little cent/whatever currency helps~

~"Nara"

I'll be around for sure :)  So what do you mean you have an assistant?

She likes to correct people to exhibit her superior grammar? I must say that gets annoying rather quickly so avoid that. :V *referring of course to the part about her assistance, though you're her senior* 

She likes to correct people to exhibit her superior grammar? I must say that gets annoying rather quickly so avoid that. :V *referring of course to the part about her assistance, though you're her senior* 

Everyone makes mistakes... I don't correct people unless their my friends and know I am not serious, or if the person continuously makes the same mistake all the time.  Even so, I know I make mistakes too, so feel free to correct mine ^_^  So how old is she then? 

Hello Mello-san!

I'm new too, so it's nice to meet you!

Likewise! 

Welcome! I am new too.

Melody hmm? I am pretty sure I have read a story with a charater of that mane, but I just can't remember at the moment.

Still is is a good name.

May I aks, if you would be willing to translate/sub some DC videos?

They are quite short ones, and they are from a PS2 game.

Cheers.

DC video games?  My subbing groups would probably not be interested in doing so, we focus on the anime videos.

Everyone makes mistakes... I don't correct people unless their my friends and know I am not serious, or if the person continuously makes the same mistake all the time.  Even so, I know I make mistakes too, so feel free to correct mine ^_^  So how old is she then? 

She'll attack strangers so beware. She lies about her age a lot so just ask her :P

So what would make me her senior?

Well you already are by a long shot but hey since when does children respect older people? XD

Thought you didn't know her age :P

Well it's her personal information. Though she doesn't mind dragging mine out XD

@MelloLily: Actually, he does know :V And that is why I crossed out that part (because you are an elder and I bet you have better grammar compared to me because English is not my native language.)

I do know it gets pretty annoying but I kinda got dragged into it by Zubat and astra it's just a cause of misunderstandings sometimes, so...well, you get the point It does get out of hand.

Hello Mello! :D (it rhymes!!!)

Welcome to DCW! I hope you enjoy your stay here!~ Usually I include cute onion emoticons in my welcome posts, unfortunately I'm on mobile right now so I can't. (I promise I'll use them next time we meet!)

Anyway, I do hope you'll have fun! It's interesting seeing new people here.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

~Rye

On 7/17/2014 at 5:48 AM, Nara-chan said:

@MelloLily: Actually, he does know :V And that is why I crossed out that part (because you are an elder and I bet you have better grammar compared to me because English is not my native language.)

I do know it gets pretty annoying but I kinda got dragged into it by Zubat and astra it's just a cause of misunderstandings sometimes, so...well, you get the point It does get out of hand.

I'll just nod and act like I know what you're talking about >_<

But I am sure your grammar skills are just as good as mine.  I find that for people where it isn't their first language tend to be better than people in America.

On 7/17/2014 at 7:25 AM, Rye said:

Hello Mello! :D (it rhymes!!!)

Welcome to DCW! I hope you enjoy your stay here!~ Usually I include cute onion emoticons in my welcome posts, unfortunately I'm on mobile right now so I can't. (I promise I'll use them next time we meet!)

Anyway, I do hope you'll have fun! It's interesting seeing new people here.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

~Rye

Oh if I had a dollar for every time someone mentioned that rhyme...

As for the kawaii emotes, we'll say you owe me >_<