Detective Conan World
Pilaf

Lina Inverse from Slayers

Going straight to the point -- Do you know Lina Inverse?

If you are a die hard fan of Detective Conan, it's impossible that you had never seen. Maybe you do not remember where, so here it goes -- Lina is the protagonist of Slayers, one of the very first animes launched in DVD in late 90's. Watch the Funimation trailers!

The character voice in japanese is performed by no less than Hayashibara Megumi, in other words, the voice actress who gave more life to Haibara Ai. Although Slayers takes place in a world which monsters and knights are part of landscape, you'll still feel at home. Imagine how Haibara would do to, without the use of physical force, knock out the most evil enemy?

Yeah, that's it... with her intelligence and sharp tongue. Just a short phrase from her would disturb anyone who opposes to her.

Watch Slayers! Pay attention on the verbal techniques of Lina Inverse and post your comments. I bet that you won't feel uneasy!

When I first read your post, I thought to myself "um, never heard of Lina in my life..." but then I Googled her and I remember now!  I actually remember some of those commercials!  My god, this is like one of those Proustian experiences or something (oh, no never mind, Wikipedia says not really).  Excuse me for a minute, I'll be back after picking up the blown pieces of my mind...

(...)  I'll be back after picking up the blown pieces of my mind...

Hi

Don't push yourself so hard! If you manage to survive the first step, you'll need a lot of energy to stand the rest of "Slayers" marathon.

Once you start watching it, you may get addicted. So I recommend the OVA's, which are shorter and do not require much time

The best one is "Slayers -- The Book of Spells". Three half hour tales, which do not require any knowledge on the Slayers world. Just watch and see Megumi's voice granting an even more acid personality to Lina Inverse!

To answer your question simply, I never had. 

But I'll watch it (finished too much animes recently XD)!

If your time is short, then I recommend the Slayers OVA's.

The TV series have twenty something... (I don't recall the correct number of episodes)

Although the TV series are funny, the OVA's are hilarious and infamous.  Give a try!

I remember slayers. I used to watch it with my brother all the time. I still haven't seen all the movies yet, but not sure if I ever will watch the rest I haven't seen yet, 'cause I'm not much into it anymore unlike I was back in the day.

But that anime was soo cool! (I should re-watch it someday. :) )

Aww, Slayers, one of my all-time favorites. It was just hilarious.

I was actually surprised that Megumi Hayashibara voiced Haibara, I didn't notice at first. I like her songs. ^^