Detective Conan World
Akazora

The Disappearance of Conan Edogawa: The Worst Two Days in History

can i ask u guys a question?

when will conan return to shinichi again??? i had waited 4 years n still he is small...

Detective Conan is still not over yet, so he is still a kid. Occasionally he uses a temporary antidote to become Shinichi again, but it only lasts for a short while.

It will be hard to do in a week, cause its a 2h special. CR has said that it will sub conan from 754+, why wouldnt they sub an anime episode even if its a 2h episode

I though it was a TV special, as opposed to a 2-hour special...? O.o

Just watched it with Chinese sub. I think it's a very good special and (arguably) even better than M18. Anyway, since most of my opinions contain major spoilers, don't click the spoiler boxes if you haven't watched it or don't understand what's going on in the special.

Things I like:

- Overall animation

- The action scenes are very realistic and not overused. (Poor Conan don't even get to use any of his "attack gadgets".)

- Plot concept is decent. I really like their method of narration (i.e not telling us the whole story in the first part of the special, then use a very long flashback to explain the secrets in the second half, and it's right after a very large cliffhanger - the moment when Conan, Ran, the targets are apparently exploded to death and Haibara is caught by the criminals.)

- We need more Haibara and Agasa in danger.

- The limited cast and no fan service (unless you count naked Conan as one) make the special much more focused on the plot and is much more bearable comparing to some movies and specials. The DB receive very little screen time. There is no major ShinRan moment as far as I remember. (Of course, some ShinRan and DB fans probably wouldn't agree with me on this one...)

- Real sense of danger, well, sort of. That car crashing scene is really intense. The chance of Haibara and Agasa actually survive that would be really slim had this happened in real life, or had they not be main characters.

Things I dislike:

- Conan having real amnesia... Yeeeeeeaaaaaaahh right......

- That "legendary assassin" guy who has the out-of-place righteous look and a fiancée who loves him. He seems to genuinely love her too. It turns out that he's not a bad guy (and better, not even a killer) at all. No one can see that coming, DC anime writers! </sarcasm> While in this case it's probably for the better, but seriously, what's wrong with a bitter-sweet ending? Oh shoot, I somehow missed the information that this special'd feature characters from an existed movie (Key of Life), so characters' background can't be changed and there's a good reason for this special to be so predictable. But well, I'm not sure I like this idea either. I personally think it'd be better if they created original characters, but alas.

- There's one really minor scene (that took place for only about 2-3 seconds, but hard to miss) that spoils who the mastermind could be, especially if you can draw a connection with the other clues. I wish they removed that scene to make it less obvious.

- Ran doesn't get to do much, though some would argue that it is actually a good thing...

- The recurring cops didn't make any appearances as far as I can remember, they're all replaced with generics. But this is probably due to budget limitation or schedule conflicts.

EDIT: I'm sorry if someone was exposed to spoilers earlier, there was something wrong with my edits and the codes were broken. :(

Has anyone figured out by whom will this be subbed and when?

I know ML will be subbing it, but the exact date I don't know. I guess whenever they get the free time to do so.

Watched it on Chinese subs, so I might be missing something about the mystery.

Overall, it was okay. Pretty decent, really.

I really liked how they played through the things once, then went over it again with different perspectives/more info. The mystery itself was interesting, though not very exciting. Most of the characters were rather generic and predictable. I'm happy that Haibara played a bigger role in it than Ran (because let's be honest; plots are faster that way), but I don't understand why Ran was there. Sure, they had to in include her because she's a main character, and she did save them with some Karate, but from the beginning to end, she was just trying to find Shinichi.

And people... They lied. Everybody was waiting to see Conan/Shinichi with amnesia, but they didn't do it. Watching the first play-through of events, my parents were already convinced that he was acting and it would've been OOC if it wasn't fake. Though I have to admit, it was cool having Conan just having a split personality around that fake assassin guy. Haha, no matter how cliche it may get over the years, I still have the urge to say "Booyah!" when the unsuspecting adults get outsmarted.

So it's worth watching! Maybe not exactly what many were hoping for, but the good mystery is good.

And just thought I'd mention that the end scene was a shameless commercial for Movie 19...

I couldn't wait for the subs to be released, so I decided to watch it RAW in Japanese.

Conan was faking his amnesia, I was actually fooled by this at first, but then I was like "Conan's not that weak. He's most likely has some kind of plan." It was cool to see him act like he had amnesia and act scared. Rare to see from Conan, so I found it pretty interesting. The parts with Ran asking "Where's Shinichi?" made me laugh. Been a while since I've seen her act that way. Also, her karate scene was awesome. :D Haibara almost risked her life to save Conan. I found that very cute. And at the end, Conan began asking for the antidote to turn back into Shinichi. That part made me laugh. It's a classic. :P

I really enjoyed this special. It was quite good. I'm glad there was a lot of mystery in it. Gosho did a good job on this one. :)

I know ML will be subbing it, but the exact date I don't know. I guess whenever they get the free time to do so.

The Moonlighters are going to sub it.

They didn't say when, so you can check their website if you want to look for any updates.

http://the-moonlighters.ml/

Thank you! 

I'm so excited for this! I'm so excited that I watched large parts of it in Japanese. I had no idea what was going on at all, but it seems pretty good. I liked/will like seeing Haibara's deducing skills. Hope the sub will be released soon ^^

I couldn't wait for the subs to be released, so I decided to watch it RAW in Japanese.

SOOOO where can I find the RAW one? I can't seem to find it on the web or maybe im not looking in the right place..... I dont speak Japanese so I hate waiting for subbed lol.. or is it all ready subbed?