Detective Conan World
Akazora

The Disappearance of Conan Edogawa: The Worst Two Days in History

The first preview video of the previously announced special that will air to celebrate the manga's 20th anniversary has aired.  You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te4mslUQtr8

Looks like Conan tangles with some yakuza style gang and he accidentally slips in the hot bath, gets kidnapped, and loses his memory to boot.  That's good, because now maybe Haibara will get more screen time.  Also, Conan looks to be naked for at least 50% of this special.

The special appears to be a collaboration between Gosho Aoyama and scriptwriter Kenji Uchida, who directed the comedy film Kagi Dorobo no Method.  Kenji is also a self proclaimed Conan fan.  Yasuichiro Yamamoto, who has been in charge of all the DC movies from 15 onward, will direct this special.

It is slated to air on Friday, December 26th 2014.

Edited by Akazora
  • Upvote 4

im not full of hope for this special

i dont believe it will be any good

^

I'll be honest, I was more interested in the trailer for Gun Gale Online, and I don't like Sword Art. This is bad.

• Upvote 2

I'm actually pretty excited for this! It's like a "what would happen if Conan forgot he was Shinichi?" thing. I hope they get the personality right, since now, he thinks he's a really seven year old, but his mind is (as always) seventeen. That's my only concern; I can't wait! :D

• Upvote 1

Well, I'll always be excited for another DC special. But I wouldn't put all my hopes into this one that it will turn out great... I agree with Kirsch ^-^, I hate it when they make characters OOC so do your best, DC animators ^v^~

Cannot wait, but even when it does go to Japan, there's still the amount of time before it gets subbed T-T. So I hope the sub will go well too~

-_- I think I went off-topic but, DC SPECIAL *eats candy in excitement*

I'm actually very pumped for this special because seriously, who hasn't wanted a case or a few episodes in which Conan/Shinichi would actually be given a real break from being the protagonist? Sometimes Shinichi needs to be more....humanized, in my opinion. However, I would agree that the trailer feels somewhat stale but at the same time, I think they're trying NOT to give away too much about what the actual special might contain... they tried too hard and ended up making it a teensy bit of a snore. The only part that struck me as "awesome" is the end where Conan asks "Who am I?" because.... I'll be stating it below: 

Well, I'll always be excited for another DC special. But I wouldn't put all my hopes into this one that it will turn out great... I agree with Kirsch ^-^, I hate it when they make characters OOC so do your best, DC animators ^v^~

Cannot wait, but even when it does go to Japan, there's still the amount of time before it gets subbed T-T. So I hope the sub will go well too~

-_- I think I went off-topic but, DC SPECIAL *eats candy in excitement*

As for me I'm very fond of turning characters "OOC", so much that even in the fanfics I used to write, I was bashed often for it. I guess for me....it's because I love to think of the possibilities you can apply onto a character, and I spend a lot of time thinking about how a series or character would be like with some minor (or even major) changes?? 

Sigh, as for the amount of time.... you're right. Hopefully the series airs soon, but still I also hope someone could sub it soon enough too, because all the suspense Conan gives just gets too overwhelming at times  :P 

^

I'll be honest, I was more interested in the trailer for Gun Gale Online, and I don't like Sword Art. This is bad.

Okay so this is very off-topic, but I still felt the need to reply to it because I'm actually very interested in Gun Gale, but I will agree that Sword Art isn't that fun a series. I dropped it at episode 21, and I only got there because I was too lazy to even pick up another anime, that phase lasted for about a week or so  ^_^ 

Lastly, the one and only fear I have about this special..... Conan himself. I just want a couple episodes where he'd be completely helpless. 
So I'm totally hoping that he doesn't do anything that showcases his usual "perfection" and "invulnerability". Please please let him be less of a hero for once. If he does anything fantastic that would place the whole world in his hands again, I'll hate this special.  :(

I think its really exciting, the 'who am I?' That was at the end was so unexpected(I never thought or imagined conan/shinichi would have such a face O.O)

I want to know how will he regain his memory again .....

* waiting *

it will be like movie 4

just this time ran and conan switched places

so it should be called captured in his eyes, cause it will be like that

As for me I'm very fond of turning characters "OOC"

I have almost no doubt that Conan is going to be out of character for at least 80% of the special, which is a new route for Gosho I guess..

Near the end where Haibara referred to him as "Conan-kun" instead of "Edogawa-kun" or "Kudo-kun" really caught me off guard, especially since the DB weren't displayed in the scene.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. The trailer didn't do a very good job portraying what the special had to offer. 

Based on this, I don't think the special looks very promising, because I don't even have a vague idea of where this is going.

Yea I guess it should've been subbed by now.... 

It wil be interesting to see Haibara and ran do all the deducing for a change, while conan is just sitting there all naked and helpless.

If it ever gets translated that is....

I don't remember the exact day off the top of my head, but it comes out in December.

Thx!  ^_^  i'll keep my eye out for it. 

Yea I guess it should've been subbed by now.... 

It wil be interesting to see Haibara and ran do all the deducing for a change, while conan is just sitting there all naked and helpless.

If it ever gets translated that is....

Hahaha :lol:  ikr. in the trailer, the last part, he was like, " boku wa dare?" he lost his memory. It's like Captured in HIS Eyes. 

I honestly can't wait for this special! I have been excited for it ever since Detective Conan first announced it on their official website for its 20th anniversary.

And I can't wait to hear Mai Kuraki's song Dynamite to be featured in the special. (I bet it will be awesome, like all of Mai's songs are. xD)

This special looks very promising! I bet it will be awesome! Like always! I'm a nerd when it comes to stuff like this! :D And I absolutely dig mysteries, so I'm sure that I will love it!

Can't wait for it to air. ^-^!

I don't remember the exact day off the top of my head, but it comes out in December.

That's great! Will have something to look forward to during xmas :D

Hahaha :lol:  ikr. in the trailer, the last part, he was like, " boku wa dare?" he lost his memory. It's like Captured in HIS Eyes. 

LOL it would be funny if it had the same basic plot with ran and conan's roles reversed  :lol:. Could it have been a some kind of trick though? He was in a car with two kidnapers when he said that afterall...

It has been confirmed to air the day after Christmas in fact, on December 26th.

Also updated the first post with the broadcast date.

It has been confirmed to air the day after Christmas

it's almost as if they're teasing us

it's almost as if they're teasing us

And the worst part is that we probably won't be able to watch an understandable version till months after that date....

why you do dis to us DC people.... D;<