Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 14: Shibuya Infinity

"Ah, it's been so long since I've eaten some korroke..." she said as she walked under a dull light post.

As Misaki finished up the last of the korroke she bought from a 7-11, she looked around to see if there was a trash can around. Huh, no trash can. Whatever, I'll just carry this back with me and throw it out the first chance I get. But I hope everyone likes what I got for snacks! 

With the trash in one hand and the plastic bag with various snacks in the other, she started making her way back to the hotel. She hadn't done much in the few hours besides walk around while listening to music (though she had stopped once it had gotten dark) and looking around in a few shops. But it had helped clear her head and she was ready to go back to the hotel room to tackle the mystery that was the KID impostor and everything to do with them. "Ah, I should call the group so they don't worry..." she muttered as she got out her phone. It only took a few rings for someone to answer.

"Hello?"

"It is Misaki. I thought I would call to tell you that I am on my way back to the room. I hope I was not too long."

"Nah, you're fine. When are you going to be back?"

"Soon. Maybe ten minutes? It depends on-"

While mid-sentence, she passed by an alleyway and noticed a trash can. After quickly peering around to see it was just a one way alleyway, with no other turns, she decided it would be safe enough to quickly go into the alley to throw away her trash. 

"Misaki? Hello? You there?"

Forgetting she had been on the phone, she quickly replied while she opened the trash can and threw her trash in. "Ah, sorry. I was distracted for a minute. But as I was saying, it depends on how busy the streets are."

"OK. Well, hurry back. We're going to start our counterattack on KID!"

"Counterattack?"
 she asked, not knowing what the word meant. 

"Like, how we're going to catch the KID impostor."

"Oh, ok! Well, I will hurry then. I have snacks too so we can eat those while we think."

"See ya soon."

"Good bye."

After hanging up, she went to go exit the alley when something caught her eye. In bloody red letters, the sentence GOTT IS TOT was sprayed. The phrase sent a quick chill down her back, though she didn't know why.

She stared a little longer before going on her way. She had already dilly-dallied enough, she needed hurry back. But all the way back, she just couldn't get the words out of her head. 
"Gott is tot..." she repeated to herself, the words fumbling in her mouth as she cut through a park nearby the hotel. "What does that mean?"

Stop focusing so much on the words. They aren't important.

As she stepped off the elevator to their floor and made her way to their room, she dug her hand into her pocket to see if she had brought a room key with her. Crap. Forgot to get one.

After a swift knock, she waited for someone to answer the door. When it didn't immediately open, her mind went back to the words. Gott is tot... Gott is tot... I know it isn't important, but my gut is saying differently... Unable to stop thinking about it, she gave into her desire to look up what it meant and grabbed her phone from her pocket. One google search later and she got her answer, though it didn't bring her the peace of mind she thought knowing the meaning would bring.

God is dead.

"Everything is...If this is a dream I swear I did not stuff the flying fish in the toaster..." Aster muttered. Taking off his gloves he tossed them into a nearby bin. He gave Elli a pat on the back and went towards Amber, who hadn't been able to move much due to her injuries.

"Umm, neechan? You there?" Fearing another crazy outburst as it looked like her brain was going to explode he quickly explained how the statue came to life and how everything was repaired. And suddenly they were inside a hotel room.

"This is completely normal!" Aster stretched his arms. He took out a cell phone and began to read manga to calm himself down. After a while he shared a call with Misaki and said person showed up back in the hotel room some time later. He talked others into making plan to capture KID, but they didn't begin until Misaki came.

Opening the door, Aster said, "Found anything interesting?" He would liked to go for some fresh air too, but he also didn't want to be away from Amber who was in no condition to go for casual strolls.

Ari told the singer, "Probably some brain-dead guys are write that." He went back to the hotel. Aster opened the door and asked the singer, "Found any interesting?"

Ari told Lawrence, "No. You?" He asked back.

"Probably some brain-dead guys are write that."

Misaki jumped a bit at the sudden speaking before turning around to see who it was. It was Ari, who seemed to have come back the same time as her. "Excuse me?" she replied, not quite knowing what he meant.

But before he could answer, Aster opened the door for them and asked, "Found anything interesting?"

Ari said, "No. You?"

"Well," the singer said as she entered the room, setting the bag of snacks she brought on the nearby table, "I am not sure if it is interesting, but I saw some graffiti... It was the phrase 'Gott is tot'. It gave me the chills."

"'Gott is tot'?" someone said. "What does it mean?"

"According to Google, it is german for God is dead," she replied before giving a small shake of the head. "But, I doubt it is important. We should start our planning now. We need to catch KID! So, does anyone have any ideas?"

"Umm, neechan? You there?

Aster's voice broke Amber's thoughts. He then started to explain all of what had been happening, trying to make it seem like it's completely normal. Later, he opened the door and asked "Found anything interesting?

Amber didn't know what happened still but, she is sure she didn't want to stay cooped up in the room which they have been magically teleported to. The more she stayed there, the more she felt she was in danger. However, her recovery wasn't as fast as she hoped it would be. What to do?

I'm very sorry for the inactivity! *bows* I'll make it up, I promise!

----------------

She could have sworn that the wire did something strange. It was not a real wire (toothpaste?), so it shouldn't have done that. Weird (But then again, weird is the new normal here.)

Ari said something about Kyoko being off her rocker (or something) and not trusting her, but with her mist-and-resurrection tricks, she definitely was someone you wouldn't want against you. Misaki's face was twitching, as if holding back a sour face. She did the same, because she particularly did not like smokers. (Indoors?! Who does it indoors?!)

She took some time to glance at the hotel they were transported to. There was nothing really spectacular or out of the ordinary about it, considering that abnormal circumstances took them here. Crap, some of my stuff is still at Alice's. What am I going to do?

Never mind. It's been another weird day. Is this the only time I'm going to wish for normalacy?

--------------------------

She woke up quite late. The sun was already up and shining in her eyes, like Hey you! Wake up!. Unfortunately, she had to succumb to the sun's orders, and she went to the bathroom. I like the water here in Shibuya, it's always like this...

The only thing she had with her was the bag she purchased two days ago, so she decided to make the best out of it. Her money was still intact (Funny thing that the KID impersonator didn't steal it), good thing. So she bounded out the hotel door.

--------------------------

Try not to get lost, you. Make landmarks. Don't got very far.

She tried to stay within a 20-meter radius of the hotel, but with all the stores outside, it was kind of hard to stick to that. She wandered into a familiar alleyway, although she couldn't quite figure out why...

Ah!

She went back to the first day, where a rogue paper chose to land on a certain person's face, while that certain person had just been attacked by another person, while other people stood by. This was the place where Ren-kun, herself, Alek, Elli, Chopper, AL and Ari had first met up. That scene was probably an omen.

"It's nice here. I would do anything do be able to live here."

Oh no..., she thought as she turned around. It was a girl who stood up to her shoulders, tapping her knees. "Unfortunately, I have to go back, or else. Such a shame." 

The stranger glanced at the wall. "He is?"

Who's "he"?, she thought as she mirrored the stranger. The words GOTT IS TOT were scrawled on it in red paint. And she thought no one did graffiti in Japan. "You understand it?" she asked the girl, because it was all Greek to her.

"It depends...on how much you know."

Is she boasting about her fluency in whatever language this is? But before she could roll her eyes in disgust, the girl spoke first. "There is a reason why all the awry things happen here. Well, best be going now."

-----------------------

She was back in her hotel room, staring at the ceiling. Some people were also there, but they wouldn't be of much help. Or would they?

------------------

I'm assuming I slept through the whole conversation you three had, therefore, I have no idea.

I just dropped by to post this~ We'll have our quarterly exams next week, so this school this week will probably be extremely hectic and chaotic. :v

===============

Azura looked out the hotel room's window. She appreciated the view, how the city seemed to really come alive at night. She was lost in her thoughts, her index finger tracing imaginary equations on the cold, clear glass window. Something was tugging at her from the back of her mind.

She picked up her bag from the floor beside her and headed for the door. She opened it and exited the room wordlessly, locking the door behind her as she shut it. She walked briskly toward the fire exit and went up a couple of floors, finally reaching the 28th. The floor's hallway was quite different from the others. It gave off a more elegant, more sophisticated aura.

She sprinted down the hallway, making no sound, and stopped in front of a door. She dug inside her jeans pocket and fished out some keys. She unlocked the door and stepped inside. She went near the bed and pulled out the nightstand's top drawer, grabbing her phone.

5 missed calls and 3 unread messages. Azura sighed, tapping in her phone's pin.

---

"Time for some fresh air," Azura muttered for the first time since the sun set, feeling the night's breeze on her face as she exited the hotel. The night wasn't that chilly, but Azura still put on her jacket just in case.

She bought canned cranberry juice from a nearby convenience store and sipped on her drink as she strolled not far from the hotel. She walked around the hotel's perimeter with her headphones on with a few tunes from Bon Jovi filling her ears. In the middle of the walk she found herself in an alleyway and stopped as she read the graffiti. GOTT IS TOTT was sprayed on the wall in red. Azura shook her head and went back to walking.

Azura knocked on their group's room. A few seconds later, the door opened and Azura let herself in, muttering thanks. She found the others in the middle of discussion, closing the door quietly behind her. She leaned against the wall as the others spoke.

" I saw it too," Azura said, her voice low. "Just saying. Anyway, Misaki's right. We should start planning for our next move, since KID's probably planning for his/her next one too. Let's start...tomorrow, I guess? I say we call it a night, since a lot of stuff's happened today and we need to recharge if we're to catch that impersonator." Azura continued and yawned, covering her mouth with her palm.

"It's up to you guys if you still want to stay up. If you need me, I'll be in dream land. Seriously, though, you should catch some Z's while you can. Especially you, Aster-nii, you have dark circles under your eyes. Oyasumi," Azura said as she got up and headed to one of the beds.

Not long after, she drifted off to sleep. Skeleton girls and bronze dogs filled her dreams.

(So, Rukia Kurosaki I can't get on the site right now (I've talked with her).)

Ari looked at the others, "Let's plan the counter attack tomorrow. I'll need some sleep right now..." He then head into his room.

Aleksander didn't got any company. He was just driving because he need to think. It was best way.

As he arrived to the hotel they had teleported, he went to ask for own room. After he got one he went there to sleep and sent message to others.

"I'm in room 3945. Good night."

(I've heard that many people are starting to run into school stuff. Depending on how many people are occupied, I may have to cancel this round early.

Also, Tsukiko has been kicked for inactivity.)

" I saw it too," Azura said, her voice low.

Misaki turned, not noticing that the girl had been present. She continued, "Just saying. Anyway, Misaki's right. We should start planning for our next move, since KID's probably planning for his/her next one too. Let's start...tomorrow, I guess? I say we call it a night, since a lot of stuff's happened today and we need to recharge if we're to catch that impersonator.

Azura yawned. Ari added before heading off to his room, "Let's plan the counter attack tomorrow. I'll need some sleep right now...

"It's up to you guys if you still want to stay up. If you need me, I'll be in dream land. Seriously, though, you should catch some Z's while you can. Especially you, Aster-nii, you have dark circles under your eyes. Oyasumi."

Once she said her goodnight, she headed off to go to sleep. The singer took a seat nearby and grabbed one of the onigiri to eat. I probably should have eaten more than that korroke.

"Azura is right, we should sleep," Misaki said. "It has been a long day..."

"Yeah, it's probably a good idea," someone replied.

"Well, I am going to bed then. See you tomorrow."

After she put the remaining snacks in the nearby mini-fridge, she laid down in the first empty bed she found and let herself sleep.

By the time she woke up the next morning, she could hear some chatter outside the room she was sleeping in. Groggily, she made her way to the main room and grabbed a seat by the others. "Am I the last one to wake up?" Misaki asked.

"Yeah, you are," someone replied while some of the others looked at her with confused faces. Ah, I spoke japanese, didn't I?

"Well," she said as she got up to go grab the food she had gotten the night before so she could eat, "what is our plan for KID?"

There was something like a bond that they shared among themselves, the others. She wondered if she had missed anything while she was walking around, or when she was sleeping. She took the guts to ask one of her companions this:

"Did I miss anything?"

----------------------------------

I'm sorry if that was short :V. Hell week is fast approaching for me, so...you know...

(Born from Chaos? Next thing you know Aster has the devil gene and can grow horns with black angel wings. Nah, just kidding. Or am I?)

Aster did not want to sleep. He popped an energy drink and took a small nap instead, waking up considerably refreshed in the foreign environment. It was still half an hour past three, but in normal days he slept past ten and woke before four so he was adjusted to his eyes being weary. He'd be fine if he stretched.

He silently checked up on every sleeping person, stalkerish as it sounded in case they needed something. Founding them to be sound asleep, except for some that tossed and turn but weren't awake, he settled with lowering his services to just placing bottle of water besides Neechan's bed in case she woke up thirsty; he knew he always did.

The morning came along with the sun, prompting him to curse the mass of hydrogen again and again. Humans woke, activity happened and they began to chat about the adventure they were on without even going for breakfast. Misaki walked in last in and switched the topic to capturing KID.

Mari prompted if she had missed anything, popping into existence. Aster jumped up, summer saulting through the air before falling unceremoniously on teh carpeted floor. He got up and punched the wall straight on.

"Well, we need to capture KID. We need a net of course. We also have a stun gun and ammo is out of the question, I'd rather not say what all I carry in case I frighten you. But I know we won't find out much just by being here. Let's all exchange numbers and set our GPS on. We'll create a group and the person who spots him or her will send a message alerting us of their location. I trust everyone has cellphones?"

He looked apologetically at Azura who had frowned on his antics and fast dialouge. He looked around, setting his gaze on Mari.

"I'm not forcing anyone for this, you can all refuse, really. Do mind that I expect a better strategy from the ones who disapprove if we are to have no plan at all. I am stupid more than I should be."

...There have been breakthroughs in the world of words recently...

---------------------

She tried constructing a scenario where they would capture KID with a net and ammunition, but that seemed too of or something (Maybe if the fake KID also had a fear of fish, he or she would feel like a fish, because he or she is in a net! If they were lucky, this would lead to nervous breakdowns! Wait, what?) But also, she was thinking where the heck he gets stuff like those and why he even has stuff like those.

The phrase exchange numbers sent shivers down her spine. Sure, she had a phone, although she often forgot it even existed. It was a lowly phone, so it didn't have the almighty ability of global positioning. She was reminded of the last time she had given her number to a DCWer. It was extremely annoying, and she didn't want to experience that again.

She wanted to disapprove of the plan, because it seemed a little off, but his phrase had made her zip her mouth. This was not those arguments where she would recount previous conversations back home (if that was even considered strategy). "Mari" did was she all so often did to her parents: stay silent.

--------------------- 

"Did I miss anything?"

Misaki turned to look at Mari. But before she could answer, Aster jumped up, summersaulting through the air before falling onto the floor. What the hell?

The girl watched in surprise and confusion as he got up and punched a wall. "Wellwe need to capture KID," he said once it seemed that he had gotten whatever caused him to randomly act the way he did out of his system. "We need a net of course. We also have a stun gun and ammo is out of the question, I'd rather not say what all I carry in case I frighten you. But I know we won't find out much just by being here. Let's all exchange numbers and set our GPS on. We'll create a group and the person who spots him or her will send a message alerting us of their location. I trust everyone has cellphones?"

The singer gave a nod, though she wasn't quite sure about this plan. Well, it's not like we have anything better...

Aster looked apologetically at Azura, who Misaki saw frowning, before looking at Mari.

"I'm not forcing anyone for this, you can all refuse, really. Do mind that I expect a better strategy from the ones who disapprove if we are to have no plan at all. I am stupid more than I should be."

"Well, I do not know about the others, but this plan works fine with me. But should we all look for KID on our own or go with other people so the person who spots KID will not be alone?" she said, asking between bites of food.

• Upvote 1

(There is something called the "Edit function", but I guess everyone isn't a so-called "typochondriac" like me :V) 

(Let it go~ Let it goOO~ The grammatic AL is gone~)

Sorry for being inactive. There just isn't anything else in dcw, so I'm not here often

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¨

Others got something called plan.

Pheew. It's not going to work. We can't find KID this way. He is not going to let us see him before he sees us.

"Your plan is rubbish. He isn't just walking somewhere, waiting for us to see him. We need something he is interested in.

How about stole gem? Aleksander said to others

'Rubbish?' Aster was slightly amused. He popped a wave from his right hand to the left and shrugged his shoulders. Guess he wasn't going to let one person in on the action. 'Really? Nah'. He wasn't stupid to exclude others from the thrill if KID was seen. Plus if anything Aleksander had a car. A CAR. He wanted to drive it at least once. Fortunately people didn't know that one ride was all a car could handle from Aster.

"I don't carry any jewels on me though. And KID is too OOC - that means out of character - and isn't targeting gems at all. He wants destruction, chaos as per his own character alignment. Skelly did suggest staying together but it would be faster if we went and checked previous checkpoints to see any new flags due to the development that happened yesterday."

Ahh. The Week of Terror has passed and exams are closing in. Please pardon my inactivity!

========

Azura couldn't sleep straight. She dived in and out of consciousness that night, feeling chilly as the sheets were soaked with her cold sweat. She wasn't surprised when a bad headache greeted her when she woke up that morning. She checked her watch for the time. It was half past seven in the morning, which was an hour and a half later than the time she usually woke up at. Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, Azura got up, picked up her backpack, and headed for the bathroom. 

When she got out of the restroom, hair dripping wet, she found that some of the others were already up. "Ohayo," she greeted. A few others greeted back, some nodding in return. She sat on one of the couches and joined the group's discussion. 

Much to her surprise, Aster suddenly jumped up and somersaulted, falling into the carpeted floor. Then he got up and punched the wall. Azura face-palmed. 

"Wellwe need to capture KID. We need a net of course. We also have a stun gun and ammo is out of the question, I'd rather not say what all I carry in case I frighten you. But I know we won't find out much just by being here. Let's all exchange numbers and set our GPS on. We'll create a group and the person who spots him or her will send a message alerting us of their location. I trust everyone has cellphones?Aster said really quickly, then looked apologetically at Azura who frowned at him. Azura shook her head, and then made a face as if she was trying to hold back a laugh.

Suddenly, a throbbing pain resonated through her skull which made her wince. Azura took a deep breath and massaged her temples, shutting her eyes tightly as she did.

"I'm cool with it," Azura said, her eyes still closed. "Just send texts only when necessary, please. And make sure your phones are fully charged. We have a long day ahead of us, so it's best to have our phones' batteries full while we're out. It may be our most convenient way of communication. So, where do we start?"

(Let it go~ Let it goOO~ The grammatic AL is gone~)

Question: Was this person even existent?

-----------------------

Ari and Alek were opposing the plan, which was a perfectly rational one. KID was indeed OOC, as her money was still intact. A normal thief would have used the bronze dog as a diversion as s/he happily pickpockets the panicked people (and KID was anything but normal. Normal people wold not be able to animate a bronze dog.)

"I'd rather not give out my number to all of you. You need not know the reason. But I agree with the plan. I can easily testify that KID isn't after money or riches with my wallet. But KID may be anticipating our plan that does not involve the lure of riches. We can use this plan as a base plan. Well, if you don't want to add complexity to this otherwise simple plan, it's alright..."

----------------------

"I'd rather not give out my number to all of you. You need not know the reason. But I agree with the plan. I can easily testify that KID isn't after money or riches with my wallet. But KID may be anticipating our plan that does not involve the lure of riches. We can use this plan as a base plan. Well, if you don't want to add complexity to this otherwise simple plan, it's alright..." Mari said. Azura nodded.

"Anyway, here's my number," Azura said, zipped open one of her backpack's pockets and brought out an old Nokia phone. She pressed some buttons then read her phone number out loud. "Okay, so like Aster suggested earlier, we should check out the previous checkpoints to see if we can find anything new or perhaps some clues that could help us."

Azura glanced at the beds where a few others were still sleeping. "Let's decide on who goes where once everyone's awake. I'll be heading down for breakfast. Who wants to come? My treat~" Azura said with a grin.