Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 14: Shibuya Infinity

Amber stared at the bronze statue coldly. It wasn't much of a difference from the last time she looked at it. How is it that the girl can feel a dark aura emitting from it? Well, whatever it is, it is probably ominous. KID's attack would probably be around here but whether or not it is linked to the dog is another case in itself.

'There couldn't be another bomb in this thing can there?' Amber suddenly let her mind wander to a far off place. Since a meeting place means many people, Hachiko is surely an ideal place to place a bomb... if there were any empty spaces in there to deposit one in the first place that is. Amber started wondering how KID would appear in such a crowded and open space... surely he won't be walking right into the junction exposing himself to public knowledge and attention and risking getting caught. Amber wondered if perhaps the Hachiko would suddenly open its mouth and suddenly spit out a KID, much to everyone's surprise, or maybe it would spin and reveal a huge underground military base... but then she realized she have been thinking too much. Hachiko Hachiko Hachiko... those seemingly harmless words from that girl seemed to have started screwing up Amber's mind now.

Aleksander didn't like this. There was something wrong in this place.

Suddenly redhead started to gain her consciousness.

"Where am I?" She asked.

"We are at the Shibuya Crossing" Aleksander hurried to say.

Everybody started to look at the redhead. Happy clattering started as the exchanged what they knew

Ari sighed, "I dunno. Better wait for this redhead to wake up..."

"People say this is an ideal spot to meet," Azura said. "Hachiko is a truly remarkable dog. It's amazing how faithful he is to his owner. Honestly, in the list of things or places that could possibly be connected to KID's attack, this Hachiko statue would be one of the last in mind. But there must be some reason why the lady led us here, and it's likely to be connected to the case. I wonder how?" 

"Maybe someone connected to the KID case will come here. After all, like you said this is an ideal spot to meet people," Misaki replied, making a guess since that was the best they could do. 

"Where am I?"

The girl turned to see that L had woken up, at least enough to talk. "We are at the Shibuya Crossing," Aleksander replied.

"Do you want us to fill you in on what happened?" Misaki asked.

After receiving a nod, the group took turns telling the tale of what had happened in the past day, trying their best not to forget any details. "... and once we were at Shibuya Crossing, we started to discuss what we were going to do when a woman brought you to us and then took us to the Hatchiko statue. She talked about it having a darkness, left, and then you woke up," the singer said, concluding the recap. As she heard the group start to talk, she tuned them out for a second and stared at the statue, trying to sense the darkness her fan had talked about but failing to.

I'm glad we got L back, but I really do wonder... Why are we here? Why Hachiko? 

Everybody started to look at the redhead. Happy clattering started as the exchanged what they knew, except Ari. He turned his back, ignoring the group as they talking with Elli. Ari took out a stick of Djarum Black cigarette and he lit it up. He then looked at Lawrence, "Hey, looks like you have a gun. Can I borrow it? I can use that in emergency beside my crossbows, one-handed, no less."

He then turned to the gruop and shouted, "Can we forget this happy moment? We have a 'dark' Hachiko to lighten up."

The girl that the stranger brought earlier finally woke up. While the others filled her in on the details, Azura sat down on one of the benches and stared at the statue. 

"Can we forget this happy moment? We have a 'dark' Hachiko to lighten up." One of the others said, lighting up a cigarette. Azura looked at him. "How exactly do we lighten Hachiko up?" Azura asked him, returning her gaze back to the statue. Suddenly, a crazy idea popped out of her head. It didn't really mean anything, but it was worth a try. Who knows? Something could happen.

She dug inside her bag, and her eyes lit up as she brought out a flashlight from one of the pockets. She flipped the switch. The flashlight was a bit small, but it gave off a nice bright light.

She aimed the light at Hachiko's statue.  

-------

Hey Moho-san, do we need to figure out something about the statue before we move on? We already met up at Shibuya Crossing~ ^_^

@Ari: Edited~

Edited by Rye

"Sure, have the gun." Aster gave it way too easily to Ari. The fact was he was in illegal possession of it and would have liked nothing better to get rid of it. Searching his pockets, he took out three tubes colored pink, yellow and cyan.

"Fireworks. These can light things up. Though..." He searched further and pulled out a short book. "We can also enlighten things too." Aster joked horribly. 'What to do what to do.'

---------------

The redhead had woken up, but Ari pulled out a cigarette and broke the happiness (not that she was part of it). Azura, probably the most level headed of them all, seemed to get an idea. She pulled out a flashlight and pointed it at Hachiko.

She suddenly got a little...wait, no, not just a little. She got really dizzy. The warning lights in her brain spread to her eyes, filling her vision with random polka-dots. She didn't know what she was seeing, but obviously, it wasn't good.

She managed to sit down on one of the benches, and managed not to pass out. It was very much improbable that this darkness was physical (imagine black evil-looking mist around Hachiko). Maybe she was just dizzy of fatigue. Yes, that must be it.

Don't worry. That was nothing.

Yeah. It's just fatigue.

I hope so.

Her thoughts did not sound very convincing.

----------------

(Something that popped up in my head.)

Ari quickly hid the weapon on his bag, hoping Elli or the other member didn't see him. He then told Lawrence, "Well, I wonder if there's something happen around here. Fireworks? So you're gonna use it on what?"

She aimed the light at Hachiko's statue. Nothing happened. Azura switched off her flashlight and went back to staring at the bronze statue. 

"So, we're just going to wait here till nightfall?" Azura sighed. Bored, she switched her flashlight on again and aimed it at random spots on the statue. She frowned. "The ideal meeting place, huh? KID seems to have a knack for exploiting stuff like this for the sake of amusement, especially during his heists. Or so I think," She played with her flashlight, making it spin between her fingers. "The real KID, that is," She muttered.

Her eyes lit up again, and she smiled. "Did you guys know where Hachiko's name came from? It's a combination of the Japanese words 'hachi' and 'ko'. 'Hachi', meaning 'eight', since he was said to be the eighth pup in the litter, and 'ko' meaning 'affection'." Azura explained, her eyes on the statue.

"I happened to read about it a few nights ago, when I was touring here in Tokyo. I just found it interesting. . .you know, new info. Who knows? Maybe it could be connected to the case." She went on, staring wistfully at Hachiko.

"I already implied what I intended to use the fireworks for..."

Aster was caught up by Azura's information. He secretly put the fireworks away, but he left on near the dog statue. "Hachiko sounds similar to Hachiken. Ever read Silver Spoon? No? nevermind." He sighed. Joining Azura, who had been wary of his actions as long as he was near the statue he commented.

"You are quite smart though, little sister." Surprise fleeted across her face. "No that sounds wrong, waga imouto." Aster corrected, turning towards the statue again. 'Maybe it has some dark ki surrounding it?' He reached forward and patted the inanimate animals' head, hoping something happened with his touch.

=====

underlined words mean each other :V

"Hachiko sounds similar to Hachiken. Ever read Silver Spoon? No? nevermind." Aster said, walking toward the benches near the statue. Azura watched him carefully as he joined her. 

"You are quite smart though, little sister." Aster muttered, which took her aback for a moment. She quickly regained her neutral expression and returned her gaze back to Hachiko. "No that sounds wrong, waga imouto." Aster corrected himself, and Azura shrugged in response. "I believe the proper term is knowledgeable, not smart. There's a difference between the two, you see." Azura murmured as Aster patted Hachiko's head. 

"What do we do now?" Azura asked. "We can't just sit here all day staring at Hachiko," She continued, stroking the statue's head. 

(People so lolicon-y nowadays. Why is this happening?) 

(Because Mai is the only character that will give us information somewhat easily. Shoo you and your unrelated thinking :V)

(More Chris than Mai :V. Mai would probably be too scared. Or maybe C.M. Robert. Who knows? So stop hiding :V)

-------------------

Enjoy the calm that you now experience...

Compared to her previous experiences in Shibuya, this moment was very calm. Her headache had disappeared, the others were chattering among themselves, and the natives weren't staring as much at them as before. 

But something told her that since they (well, a small portion of them) already encountered KID, he would try to silence them to lessen witnesses. Or it was just her paranoid mind again at work. She sighed and tried to calm herself down. 

------------------

L grumbled something to herself about being sore, but awakened enough to ask where the heck she was now and make sure that her belongings were all there. After checking on her still dead phone, she looked up, hearing the conversation, but lost a bit with the topic. Hachiko, the dog? Like that lame Richard Gere movie? Oh jeez, there was actually a statue of it...

The flannel-clad woman sighed as she stared up at the statue, then looked around and scratched her head. Her time in Japan had been pretty crappy, but everybody here looked at least a little tired or hurt. She wasn't sure what had happened in the time since she'd been dragged off on somebody's troublesome orders, but she supposed if she wanted to be useful, she needed to learn as much as possible about the current investigation. "So, what do we need to do?" L asked aloud, standing to stretch. 

(Reference to The Raid 2)

Ari turned to Elli, he held his Djarum Black cigarette, "Well, I have some idea..." He hood up his hooded jacket, ".. albeit it's some insane and risky."

(Sorry been busy too XD Lots of stuff... Maybe I won't be here for the next two days as well... I have time now to post though, but I have no idea what to write XDDDD)

---------------

Amber continued staring at the Hachiko statue and the conversations between the people. The kidnapped girl had returned and she had found out what happened at the police station. she hoped that it won't turn out like the 109 Shibuya building incident where there are dangerous stuff like bombs and guns. She's got one leg down, and she doesn't wish for another hole punched somewhere else. She knew it wouldn't be good for her recovery, but she popped another chocolate into her mouth anyway.

Song of choice: Twister (Japanese ver.) - TWEWY soundtrack

The sun was beginning to set and cast a yellow light over the crossing. As if disregarding of the time of the day, the crowd of people refused to disappear. Any motivation to leave was immediately quashed by a fluttering shower of KID cards suddenly descending around the Hachiko statue. The KID cards had the KID logo on one side and were completely blank on the other side.

Everyone, including you, began looking around in confusion, until eyes began to lock onto the Hachiko statue. As for the reason why, that's easy: the KID impersonator was standing on Hachiko's head.

Like always, the impersonator was wordless. After he got the attention of everyone in the crossing, he started to pull out something from his arsenal, causing people, expecting a gun, to cover themselves. Instead of a gun or other weapon, however, what he revealed was a magician's staff, completely black except for the tip, which was marble white. He twirled it around, then placed the white tip onto Hachiko's head.

The sound of the staff banging against the bronze resonated through the crossing, which was completely silent. A moment passed, and the cliche "you could hear a pin drop" would have been quite appropriate. Then there was another sound, an odd one at that, of growling. What happened next appeared to come straight out of fantasy.

The statue of Hachiko jumped off its base, bronze suddenly animate with vicious intent. The animated statue began to growl at the audience, who began to back away. Then the statue struck, attacking members of the audience. Once the statue began its killing spree, the KID jumped off the statue and began to run away from the scene, firing a gun at the crowd to disperse them.

==========================

Objective: Subdue the animated Hachiko statue.

Note, the above objective counts for completing the chapter objective, so completion will advance the story.

Also, the KID impersonator is running away. Perhaps...go after him/her too?

(If you've played TWEWY, you may have realized where I got my inspiration. Whether you have or not, please enjoy this event warmly.)

Ari turned his back as he saw cards descending around the Hachiko statue, "These ain't rainin' cards-"  His words were cut as he saw the KID impersonator held a staff. He twirled it around, then placed the white tip onto Hachiko's head.

The sound of the staff banging against the bronze resonated through the crossing, which turned into a mind-blowing scene. The statue of Hachiko jumped off its base and started to attack the crowd.

Ari snickered as the KID impersonator fleeing while he fired a MAC-10 at the crowds. "Cowards... In the Great War, he'll be shot by the commissar...."

Ari said with sarcasm as the statue started it's killing spree, "I've got my own wish... Just like Hellhound from Black Ops. Looks like he's have some cards on his sleeve... Always one step ahead..." He then took out the weapon from the bag, which it was a Glock 18 machine pistol. He then shouted to the other member, "Alright! Elli and Alek! Follow me! We're gonna catch that fool who fleeing! The rest of you, take care of that 'Hellhound'!"

------------------------------------------------------ 

I knew it! I told you something would go awry and crazy again!

The very model of a good and loyal dog was now turning on its "best friends". Growls and screams intermingled in the air, while Ari had commanded Elli (the redhead) and Alek to chase after the fleeing KID impersonator. Now shots rang in the air. SHUT UP! I need time to think! 

Good thing that she stopped talking to herself. She could think more clearly (but not clear clear. Clear enough for her) . First off, where did that freaking animal go?

She caught a glint of bronze from one of the nearby cars. That was where he was, eh? Next, what should I do? With her physique, it was impossible to judo-flip a bronze statue with murderous intent. What the heck should she do?

----------------------

"Alright! Elli and Alek! Follow me! We're gonna catch that fool who fleeing! The rest of you, take care of that 'Hellhound'! Ari shouted and took pistol from his bag. 

"Ok I'll take the car in case we need to pursuit KID! Go after it! And blow that thing up! Aleksander shouted and started to run.

He couldn't see what others started to do to the hound as he soon arrived to his car; Mini Cooper.

"Others might think this is slow and useless. Well, they are wrong."

Aleksander take off and started to slalom through cars holding in red light.

He saw KID running towards car at the end of alley. And Ari and Elli about 50 behind him. He turned to the alley and honked horn to his mates.

"GET IN! he shouted and the two hopped in.

"There is no way that THIS car is useful in chase." Ari said but stayed inside.

"You will see that this car is better than what it looks like. And I'm not slow driver." Aleksander said as set off tires screaming.

"You see, there is turbocharged V6 under the hood." Aleksander said and laughed.

~~~~~~

Someone else, please continue

Ari laughed with sarcasm, "Juts hope that you didn't crash that into something..." He then got into the car. He then loaded his Glock 18 with Russian 9x19mm rounds in a 33-rd magazine.