Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 14: Shibuya Infinity

"You are all at death's gate...or are you?"

Aleksander was driving others back to their "base" but he was thinking what just happened.

"Or are you? Or are you?.. Death's gate... Are you... You."

He was nervous. This was bad kind of nervousness. Good kind increases your ability to react, but this reduces.

He was, in fact deaf now. He just thought things that could happen.

"What if someone of us dies? How can we go on? Or what if I die? I don't want to die like this. Tsukiko almost got herself shot.

This is madness... This can't keep going on or I'll be crazy before next week."

"Say Tsukiko, what would you do if I'd now just drive as far as we can get whit full tank? Because that is what I would like to do now." Aleksander said to girl next to him.

Girl didn't answer immediately and others didn't approve his speaking in Finnish.

After sometime they arrived to their destination; Shibuya Crossing.

"Speaking of the impersonator, you did an impressive job at the 109 Building incident. Though,"

'Oh yea right. How convenient. You were the one who pushed us into this... Now you're saying this as though its natural.'

The girl continued, "There were quite a few casualties from that incident. None of it your fault, naturally."

'What are you saying? IT WAS YOUR FAULT ISN'T IT!?' Amber frowned. The girl did not seem to be bothered by all the angry or shocked faces around her vicinity and continued to speak. "I hoped you were going to ask about the next KID impersonator incident, but I can only answer one question and I already answered Aster's here. Looks like you're going into this next one blind."

'Eh? What!?'

Amber immediately turned and grabbed the girl who stood up to leave the restaurant. "Wait! Stop! What do you mean by that!? Are you going to make use of us to deal with your sick issues again!? There's no way we would actually do that unless you explain all of this right now!"

--------

(^oo^)

Kyoko stopped. "I promise that once this all ends once and for all, I'll provide all the answers you want. Well, perhaps not all. But I'll try. But please, just help. Stop this impersonator. I trust in you." She shrugged off Amber's hand and continued to walk out of the restaurant, around a corner, and away.

Meanwhile, an awkward silence filled the restaurant. For starters, you eventually decided to meet up with the other half of your group and share information. And what Kyoko said may have bothered you, just a little. For a moment, she appeared vulnerable.

(pssh did people even agree to my nonsensical question? :V)

Aster defintely wanted to take down the impostor. What had happened at the building happened to be his fault, he had tried to kill a single person to save many. Something was up and they were told to do as they were while being kept in the dark. Amber's outburst was understandable, but Kyoko seemed like a sane person. Their situation was for their own good, it seemed.

Except for Shell. Hesistance to take down a single person disguising the outcome as the original motive? Aster looked up at the sky. They had left the restautrant after eating their fill while Aster had only consumed fries and coke. He could have that for dinner tonight too.

"Where are we going?" Someone asked.

"Dora's house." Aster replied.

"Where are we going?" Someone else asked more sternly.

"Dora's house~" Aster sang. Suddenly he was punched in the back. He turned around to see Amber huffing and holding her hand dizzily. It seemed like she was going to faint from exhaustion. Hadn't she slept enough? Perhaps sleep wasn't enough to take care of bullet wounds.

"Shibuya Crossing. It'll save us and the people incoming from the police station time. I should tell them." Aster took out his cell phone and dialed Misaki's number; somehow she struck him as the most sane and understanding of them all. It was picked up a moment later and he told her about their plans. Misaki told him to hurry up though, things were getting serious.

Aster turned his head, looking at Amber. They had all been slowing down their pace so that she could keep up. An all-too-innocent smile decorated his face. "W-wha-what is it?" Amber stuttered. Aster dropped to the ground and pulled her arms around his neck in one fluid moiton.

As she began to voice her disapproval he stood up, releasing her arms which were now firmly wrapped around his neck to gently take hold of her legs.

"Piggyback time~" And thus they began to increase their speed while Amber muttered all kinds of death threats. Judging by her behaviour last night Aster hoped she didn't bite him. "Don't do stupid things like last night. Do you how freaking worried I was?" He whispered what he didn't want others to hear in Japanese.

Amber's rant was cut off and she looked a bit guilty. Then she smiled mischievously. "How worried? hmmm~"  "Shut up and go bald Neechan." He could sense the direction where this was going to go, his eye twitching.

"Tch, tsundere AL." She retorted. Soon the reached Shibuya Crossing and met up with the other group. Aster let Amber down and they all exchanged the information they had gathered. 

"So, what do you make of it? I for once wouldn't mind going out with this Liliam." He whistled to the embarrassment of the general crowd.

I've been busy gomenasai I promise I'll update!!!

----------------------

The Scenario at the Police Station so far:

Tsukiko, Ari, "Mari", MIsaki and Alek are faced with (once again, for the third time arghhh) a gun! The gun-pointer happens to be that girl that gave "Mari" the bomb, Lilliam Nevermore! But when she thinks that was going to be her final act as a target practice, Shell the skeleton appears~! What happens next with this chaotic band of strange people?!

-----------------------

They arrived at the police station in Alek's car, and walked in. They seemed strange, compared to the other occupants of the building: some old men reading newspapers, two girls sitting on the chairs provided for inquiring people, and...

Well, there was someone stranger then them here. A silver-haired guy and a black-haired girl in front of a police officer. It was strange because...well...maybe because the guy had silver hair? Something was bugging her about the pair...

Said weird-colored guy suddenly walked up to their group. Misaki seemed to recognize him, and said something in Japanese. She caught the words, "Aeigo-kun"

Her visit to the cybercafe on her first day in Shibuya came back to her. This was the violinist that reminded her of her own violin lessons. A wave of nostalgia swept over her.

The violinist then accused them of playing hero (Hmmm, does playing hero involve jumping of a building?), but quickly redeemed himself in some sort of way by showing them the latest KID card.

It was written in neat Japanese script, which, naturally, she didn't understand, but Misaki provided a translation, "This city is no longer safe. Run away, far away,"

Her mind drew a blank on that. That letter looked like KID wanted to talk to someone, which the shy black-haired girl soon voiced (more like stammered) out. She wanted to ask the policeman earlier, but he wasn't where he was before, as the black-haired girl had pointed out.

She was about to turn around and leave when a bullet shot rang out. It seemed to be aimed at the violinist, but it missed, hitting the wall behind him. Crap, am I going to be target practice again?!

A hooded figure was at the door. His/Her/Its whole body was covered with it, so the attacker remained anonymous. Except for the gun, of course. Her eyes softened. She was used to it already.

The violinist remained calm, even if the other girl was behind him already. "Ah, you."

The hooded figure drew out his/her/its free hand and removed the brown cover over her head, revealing a sneer that was so familiar...ah, it was the near sneer/grin of the person with the bomb! "Lilliam Nevermore, at your service."

It appeared to her chaotic brain now that she was bored of (watching? observing?) them, and pondered on killing them. But before she could make them her targets, Shell appeared behind her.

Lilliam seemed to be surprised as well, but Shell made no move to stop her from mass-murdering them all. She raised her gun at them, but lowered it, offering now answers to questions...for a price.

With that gun in hand, it's obvious what that price would be, she said to herself, but someone had already asked it verbally. Crap! What have you done?!

Luckily, Lilliam didn't take said price, but provided them with valuable information: that Shibuya Crossing would be the next venue of the KID attacks. The next question would be the one with the price.

What use is the information if we can't even share it?! she screamed mentally. Tsukiko raised another question, answering her mental question after asking Lilliam. Lilliam seemed disappointed, but started making Tsukiko pay. She raised her gun, and pulled the trigger...

She expected to find the Finnish girl collapsed on the floor, with the life bleeding out of her, but Shell was standing in front of Tsukiko. He/She/It had taken the bullet for Tsukiko, but he/she/it didn't see hurt. He/She/It was clutching his/her/its chest, though.

Lilliam fired shot after shot at Shell, but Shell kept blocking every bullet, until Lilliam's gun had ran out of bullets. She angrily dropped it. 

Shell said something in Japanese (English, people, English!) which prompted Lilliam to angrily say something (probably a curse word?), followed by an English word, "...Reaper!"

"What did she say?!"

"You recognize it, don't you?"

"Ummm...no?" , she said to herself. 

Despite the apparent cursing Shell received, she grabbed Lilliam's arm. She said something that her frazzled brain couldn't quite process, but this phrase: "You are all at death's gate...or are you?"

Then Lilliam, Shell, the violinist and the black-haired girl disappeared, leaving their group, along with the old men and two girls (who were all staring strangely at them) alone in the police station.

"Does anyone know where Shibuya Crossing is?" she asked to her companions. Soon enough, they were in Alek's car, off to their next destination, and probably, doom.

------------------------

The group who chose to go to the restaurant was already there. Perhaps they had also talked to someone who knew about the KID attacks (like that woman Kyoko Sasaki)? Or did they just land there when they were aimlessly walking?

Turns out that it was the former. "So, what do you make of it? I for once wouldn't mind going out with this Lilliam." said AL, who had just let Chopper, who was riding piggyback-style on his back, down.

She shook her head  in exasperation. Lilliam was someone you definitely wanted on your side, but one wrong move and your last sight would be her wicked-looking sneer. "We wait."

-----------------------------------

Tsukiko was positively seething. Thought she didn't let it show on her face.

"Take away... Take a life away. The bitch... She didn't even answer my question..." She muttered under her breath while sitting on the passenger seat of Alek's van. The man/boy shot her an worried gaze before asking her a question.

"Say Tsukiko, what would you do if I'd now just drive as far as we can get with full tank? Because that is what I would like to do now." 

"Huh?" The girl snapped out of her daze. "Well, I'd say it's a good idea but in the other hand I want to figure out everything going on here. And kick that Lilliam Nevermore's ass. Right now we need to head to Shibuya I guess." She switched into English before anyone from the back would snap at them.

"Say... What should I have asked the woman instead of my question that she didn't even answer to. Personally I would've loved to know whom KID was referring to in his note even if it weren't addressed to us." The blonde asked the rest of the passengers who'd been oddly quiet. She was also about to sink into her thoughts. What also bothered her, was the Skeleton girl's - who'd been referred as Reaper - words.

"I hope you enjoyed...this little act. Oh...we will see each other again, under less...friendly circumstances. You are all at death's gate...or are you?Did it mean that they all would die in the end no matter what they managed to do?

(XD Well I figured that I'm the only person who will have any outbursts at all... everyone else is far too calm XD)

(I has yet to go crazy :<)

"Huh. You seem willing for information. Boring. But since you're being cooperative, here's a freebie to start." Lilliam grinned. "The next KID attack will take place at the Shibuya Crossing."

"Oh, hush, you." Lilliam said as the skeleton girl made a strange sound, shoving them aside and then returned her attention to the group. "Well, if you want any more information, you will actually have to pay a price. For every question you ask, one of you," she says, gesturing to her gun. "That's my price. I think that's reasonable. Oh, I forgot. The person that asks the question...that's the person that I take. Do we have an agreement?

Misaki stared at the woman, not sure what to say. An answer for a person... Is that even worth it?

Again, the skeleton girl made a strange sound, though it was tinted with amusement. "Is...there anything you want to know...that badly?" they asks. 

Tsukiko took a one limping step forward. "I have a question."

Lilliam grinned, as if to challenge the girl to see if she'd back down.

"And yes, I'm certain about this. After all I'm injured and during the next course of events I'd be more likely a hindrance," the blonde said, answering an unspoken question. "We just got information about the most recent note from the KID impersonator. The note is telling people - or us - to leave the city. It's saying that it's dangerous here. Why's that? What is that we have to be careful of, making even this thief coming and warning us?"

Lilliam seemed a little taken back by the question. She answered: "That note isn't meant for you."

She took aim at Tsukiko and frowned, looking... disappointed(?) by the question. "I thought you'd ask something a little more interesting, a little more fun. Oh well."

She fired, the bullet heading straight for the blonde. The singer closed her eyes, not wanting to see it happen. But when she didn't hear the sound of blood splatter, she opened to her to see the skeleton girl standing in front of Tsukiko. They was clutching its chest, but didn't appear to be in pain. Lilliam cursed, "Goddamnit you, why'd you mess it all up?!"

She fired four more times, this time all at the skeleton girl. They recoiled as each bullet hit its mark, but didn't make any outward appearances to be in pain. She tried firing again, only to realize that her gun had run out of shots. Cursing, she threw the gun on the street.

"Well...this scenario has gotten boring...rather fast," they finally said. "These people...are my prey, so I would rather...you leave them alone."

"Damn you, Reaper!"

They paused in response to the name. "Reaper...that's nostalgic...or is it?"

The skeleton girl then proceeded to walk forward, back to Lilliam's side, and, turning back to face the group, grabbed Lilliam's arm. Looking at where the bullets had hit them, Misaki saw that they did, in fact, hit her and left holes too. However, there was no blood. Just... Holes.

"I hope you enjoyed...this little act. Oh...we will see each other again, under less...friendly circumstances. You are all at death's gate...or are you?"

With that, they disappeared along with Lilliam. Once she regained your senses, the singer turned around to see if Aeigo-san was ok as well but saw that her and her brother were gone. Where did they go? 

In front of her, she heard Aleksander and Tsukiko talking, though what they were saying was beyond her. It sounded like a European language though. "...Right now we need to head to Shibuya I guess," the blonde said, switching from the language she was speaking to english.

"Does anyone know where Shibuya Crossing is?" Mari asked.

"I do. It's not too far from this police station," Misaki answered.

Once again, Aleksander offered to drive everyone to as close to Shibuya Crossing as they could get (seeing as how the traffic there was horrible and not something that was worth dealing with). Once they started driving, a silence fell over the group. 

"Say..." Tsukiko said, breaking the silence. "What should I have asked the woman instead of my question that she didn't even answer to. Personally I would've loved to know whom KID was referring to in his note even if it weren't addressed to us."

"I think your question was a good one," the singer replied. "That woman was just being difficult."

Other input was made, but the conversation died down again after a few minutes. Suddenly, some music started to play, much to everyone's confusion. It took her a second to place the song, but once she realized it was one of her newer hits that she had recently made her ringtone, she pulled out her phone and answered. "Hello?" she said.

"Hey, it's Aster," the boy on the other side of the line said. "Long story short, our groups need to meet at Shibuya Crossing."

"Well our group is heading over there right now actually. But you should hurry, we really need to talk."

"About...?"

"We can explain when we get there. It'll be easier."

"OK. We should be there soon, so meet up at the place with the big red screen?"

"That works. We'll see you then."

After she hung up, Misaki quickly filled everyone in on what was happening. "We're meeting the group that went to the restaurant at Shibuya Crossing."

It didn't take long for them to get to a parking garage to keep Aleksander's car before walking the next few blocks. As they were crossing, she saw the others waiting for them in their planned meeting spot. She waved as they finally met up. Once all the information had been shared, Aster said, "So, what do you make of it? I for once wouldn't mind going out with this Liliam."

He let out a whistle, causing Misaki to do a little face palm. Really? She shoots at us and that's what you say?

"We wait," Mari said. 

"For what?" Misaki asked. "I suppose there is nothing we can do, considering all we know is that the next attack will be here, but maybe we should call the police and tell them?"

-------------------------------

She stared at the ground again, "That violinist said that the police couldn't help us. Well, I'm not basing this decision only on his words, but the mysterious phenomenon that happened with the policeman that disappeared when Lilliam confronted us. He suddenly disappeared. I think that black-haired girl noticed it too..."

"Mari" scanned the others' faces. "Something strange surround the KID impostor heists. I know it. It can't be a coincidence." Her words' ideas were jumping all over the place, but she just voiced out her ideas there. 

---------------------

"I doubt KID is human though...unless it's another bad fanfic being roleplayed people don't just survive bomb blasts that close." Aster said.

"That reminds me, Shell was called a Reaper by Liliam, right?" Misaki said.

"A reaper? What's next, death notes?" The boy muttered. "No police, no FBI, the party consists of a singer, another singer and soccer player, a weapon maniac, a grammar nazi, a woman off her rocker, a foreigner with a car and a foreigner with good at throwing things...What the heck are we supposed to dooo." He muttered silently and hung his head.

With the girl's answer, the rest left the restaurant and Amber followed. It wasn't too long before Amber started to drag her feet like an old man and trying to keep up. Although it had been a day, she could still feel the bullet wound and walking for long didn't help much. She was slowing everyone down and she didn't like it at all. Looking ahead, she saw Aster turning his head. She knew she was too slow, so she sped up a little, but to her shock, Aster smiled suspiciously.

"W-wha-what is it?"  Amber stuttered anxiously, hoping he wasn't thinking of something bad. But before she knew it, he grabbed her arms and pulled it over his neck.

'Wa-wait what!?'

"AL! Wait! No! Wha-what are you doing? Put me doooaa--" Before Amber could finish, Aster pulled her up into a piggy back.

"Piggyback time~" he said teasingly before continuing the walk.

"AL! Put me down right now or I turn you into Jelly banana! AL! Did you hear me!?" Aster continued to ignored her and walk. Amber continued with her death threats, pulling his hair, and was about to bite on him but stopped when he turned and whispered something to her, surprisingly, in Japanese. "Don't do stupid things like last night. Do you how freaking worried I was?

'Japanese? He spoke to me in Japanese? And... he was worried? What? Did I... understand it wrongly?' Something flushed in her head as she quietened down. 'Uh... wait... he whispered in Japanese! Don't tell me... He's... embarassed?' A smile spread across her face as she replied, also, in Japanese. "How worried? hmmmm~"

'Equivalent exchange! Haha~'

To which, she could satisfyingly sense his eyesight darting away as he replied, "Shut up and go bald Neechan."

"Tch, tsundere AL." she replied as she giggled inside her head. 

Soon the reached Shibuya Crossing and met up with the other group. Finally, they have met up with the other group. There was not much need to walk and so Aster finally decided to let her down. The discussion led to Aster talking much to himself and Amber chuckled every time he did that.

Without much information, they could not even determine when the attacks would be launched, let alone catch the culprit. In her mind Amber wished that the incident would be over soon so she could be properly sent to the hospital, and properly sent back home to her sweet abode.

'However... Reapers?' Amber thought in shock, and hesitated a little before asking. "Um... Could anyone tell us what happened at the police station?"

Mari stared at the ground again, "That violinist said that the police couldn't help us. Well, I'm not basing this decision only on his words, but the mysterious phenomenon that happened with the policeman that disappeared when Lilliam confronted us. He suddenly disappeared. I think that black-haired girl noticed it too..."

Misaki thought back to what Aeigo-san had said earlier. Didn't she mention something about a police officer as we were talking?

Mari scanned the others' faces. "Something strange surround the KID impostor heists. I know it. It can't be a coincidence." 

"I agree," the singer said. "Something strange is going on, but we do not know what... But in the meantime, I think we should try to find out more about the heist tonight. Maybe look around and see what might be a target. Maybe we will find something that can help us with this KID impostor mystery."

"Yo!" A young woman walked up to Misaki, all casual-like in attitude. "You're Misaki, aren't you? I've heard you perform, you're so awesome!"

The apparent fan was wearing a leather black jacket – you know, the ones that make people look kinda conspicuous – and jeans. Short black hair matched the jacket's color, as well as the pair of sunglasses that completely obscured her eyes. In case you cared, she was lifting an unconscious L over her shoulder.

"Found this one tied up in a bathroom stall in a fast-food restaurant. Looked foreign, so I decided to bring her to you, the group of foreigners who've been making quite the racket. She one of yours?" When your group affirmed that she was, she laughed lightly.

"Of course, of course! Also, while you're here, why don't you take a look at the Hachiko statue?" She led your group through the crowded crossing until you were in front of a statue of a dog. Of course, slinging an unconscious girl brought some attention, so she set her down on a nearby bench.

She put her hands on her hips and had a wistful look while looking at Hachiko. "Weird, it looks like Hachiko's gotten...darker. Not quite dirtier, but there's some kind of darkness surrounding it that wasn't there yesterday." She looked to your group, some who may have had a lost expression on their face, since she tried to explain.

"Well, there's something, like some kind of dark energy surrounding Hachiko. Gives me the creeps." She sighed, then began to walk off.

"Good luck to you, whatever you got yourself into!" She walked off and was gone.

"Yo!"

Misaki turned, seeing a woman in a leather jacket walking over to her. "You're Misaki, aren't you? I've heard you perform, you're so awesome!"

"Ah, thank you!" she said, blushing a little. "It's really nice to meet fans like you."

It was then she noticed that the woman was holding someone. The woman said, "Found this one tied up in a bathroom stall in a fast-food restaurant. Looked foreign, so I decided to bring her to you, the group of foreigners who've been making quite the racket. She one of yours?" 

After taking a quick look at the person and noticing it was L, she replied, "Yeah, it is. Thanks for bringing her back to us by the way."

"Of course, of course!" the woman said. "Also, while you're here, why don't you take a look at the Hachiko statue?"

The Hachiko statue? Why there? 

Without really listening to see if anyone would object, the leather-clad lady led the group through the crowded crossing until you were in front of the statue. After noticing the attention they were getting due to carrying L around, the woman set the redhead down on a nearby bench.

She put her hands on her hips, wistfully looking at Hachiko. "Weird, it looks like Hachiko's gotten...darker. Not quite dirtier, but there's some kind of darkness surrounding it that wasn't there yesterday." 

Misaki looked at the statue, not feeling the darkness that the woman was talking about.

"Well, there's something," she said, "like some kind of dark energy surrounding Hachiko. Gives me the creeps." She sighed, then began to walk off.

"Good luck to you, whatever you got yourself into!" 

And with that the woman was gone. After a moment of silence, she heard someone scowl, "An unconscious L, then a 'dark' statue. So where's the big deal then? Waiting her to wake up?"

"Either that or wake her up ourselves," Misaki replied. "But I am wondering why she brought us here... Maybe there is something here for us to find?"

A Hachiko statue and the redhead who was taken by the skeleton man (She wasn't really sure if that was Shell) were the new attraction in the crazy circus she had gotten herself into. Some people were shooting them looks, because they were technically blocking the way, but...well, there was no excuse for that.

Why oh why is crazy stuff happening in Shibuya?, she asked herself.

Maybe it's because someone put up the perfect combination for craziness. Ah!

Psst! You don't want to be noticed, do you?!

Yeah, I don't want to be.

...I'm sorry...

Nah, it's alright.

Now she was thinking that her mind had become the circus. Talking to herself felt like talking to two more people. She wondered if that was a sign of madness. On second thought, talking like that might help her make decisions.

She gazed at the statue of the loyal dog, and tried to find this so-called, "darkness". What she found was...nothing really. 

Isn't something wrong with this place? 

Well, everything seems to be wrong here, with skeleton people and teleporting shooters lurking around.

I know that! But this place seems to be more...queer? This seems like the...what do you call that...?

She gave up on trying to think on what's wrong. Instead, she waited for the sleeping redhead to wake up.

Oh yeah, she never got her name.

-----------------------------

(Internet problem's fixed. I can finally type long posts without worrying about the "Aw Snap!" page~)

---

Much to the group's surprise, a stranger suddenly approached them, a girl slung over the person's shoulders. Apparently, the stranger (who was a girl) was a fan of Misaki's. It seemed that she had brought to the group one of their members who had disappeared sometime ago.

The stranger led the group to Hachiko's statue, one of the famous landmarks in Shibuya, Tokyo. "Weird, it looks like Hachiko's gotten...darker. Not quite dirtier, but there's some kind of darkness surrounding it that wasn't there yesterday." The girl said as she looked wistfully at Hachiko. 

"Well, there's something, like some kind of dark energy surrounding Hachiko. Gives me the creeps." She sighed, then began to walk off.

"Good luck to you, whatever you got yourself into!" She walked off and was gone. 

Azura eyed the statue more carefully. She felt something strange as well. She couldn't quite point it out, but she was sure it was there. There was something off about the area, more specifically the statue, something that she didn't feel when she first went to the station two days ago. 

"People say this is an ideal spot to meet," Azura said. "Hachiko is a truly remarkable dog. It's amazing how faithful he is to his owner."

"Honestly, in the list of things or places that could possibly be connected to KID's attack, this Hachiko statue would be one of the last in mind. But there must be some reason why the lady led us here, and it's likely to be connected to the case. I wonder how?" Azura wondered, still looking at the statue.