Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 14: Shibuya Infinity

Azura nodded in agreement. "We'd be able to get more information if we're to go in groups, I think. We need to be really cautious, though. Who knows what we might bump into while we're investigating. Let's hurry up and get back. The others should be awake by now."

"The question is go where...well let's go to Alice's place. We can get some answers and, I suspect, meet up with Nara too since she's missing. You guys probably have some stuff left there too. A car to be exact, Aleksander," Aster said. 

After they packed up all their stuff, the group headed out. The area looked familiar, though Misaki couldn't quite place where she had seen the it before. Suddenly, Aster exclaimed, "Mein Gott!"

Stopping, the singer turned to see what Aster was looking at. On the wall was the words that she had found the night before. That's why I recognized this place, it was where I saw that. 

"But what could it mean?" Misaki heard someone whispered next to him.

"It translates to God is dead." Aster replied, deadpan.

"No." Aleksander said behind the wheel. "It says more like 'by god' than god is dead."

"No, 'Gott is tot' means God is dead. I saw it yesterday and looked it up," Misaki replied.

After a few minutes, they started walking again. It didn't take long for the group to get to Alice's place. Once inside, Misaki gave a small wave to Ayano, who she saw pass by as they entered. I wonder what we're going to do here. Guess Aster knows since it was his idea. Well, hopefully Alice can help us out.

(Oh joy. Well time to move the plot.)

After seeing the graffiti on the wall our young group of heroes walked to Alice's place and recollected all of their stuff. Aster remembered to knock correctly yet still acted like no one existed in the place besides Alice whom he was glaring daggers at. She soon grew irritated.

"What?"

"What what?" said a none too innocent Aster.

"Why are staring at me?"

"Because..." Drawled the main character of this post.

"Spit it out."

"Would you happen to know anything about Shell? Or Skelly as we all call him out of love."

"That walking corpse?" She scoffed.

"I heard him being called a reaper." Added someone who had been at the police station ( A/N: For the convenience of this particular plot scene :V)

Alice's eyes flashed in recognition and everyone caught it. She made everyone except the bunch of them leave before queitly locking everything, even the emergency exits, except the windows. She never knew when Aster would blow something up and fill the room with smoke.

"Reaper..." She contemplated. Was it really necessary to tell them? "A reaper can only be viewed by the living once they have been fully reincarnated. Your past selves could be radically different from what you currently exist as. A hero can be the villain of today, a sinner a saint, get what I mean?" Alice paused to let that sink in and Aster let out a disinterested sigh.

"So that's the reason only you particular lot can see him. If you don't believe me, you can ask anyone else here- Not Aster he will cause mayhem and make you all seem mentally unstable about seeing a ghost. Reapers, I fought them long ago. In fact my thirst for power cost me my humanity. It's a pain trying to keep my voice nice unless you all get offended. Then again I dare you to complain." And everyone flinched at the last sentence, a dark and menacing undertone accompanying Alice's voice. It sounded like the devil himself.

"Just kidding, that's just a cheap gimmick compared to what I can truly do."

"You can't cook an egg for life so be the devil incarnate all you want." Aster huffed, annoyed at being afraid of her now. "So what is Skell's motive?" He made up a new nickname.

"Ah, that would be telling."

"You're unaware."

"BinBon!" Alice pointed with her index fingers in a try to be moe but it failed because of her stoic face. "Frankly speaking, I've learned not to get into matters in which I'm not involved."

"Are you for real Zephira?" Aster cocked an eyebrow. Everyone was confused and Alice had a bad look in her eyes at the mention of her awkward last name.

"God just died and you don't want to help us!" His voice jumped an octave.

"How do you even know God is dead?!" Alice yelled back.

"The writing on the wall told us so!" Aster gave skyhigh logic.

"...Someone ruined a wall in my neighbourhood?"

"I just told you god died and you're worried about a wall?"

"You're not making any sense. Can anyone else, someone with a two halves of a brain explain?" Alice inquired of the others. Within seconds it was clarified.

"Hm? Would anyone happen to know more about it? Did anyone encounter anything strange besides the wall- Aster I do not need the positions the birds were flying with respect to the wall." Alice asked of the heroes.

I literally don't know what happened to this round. Anyways, here's the (possibly) final status report!

The following people have been kicked for inactivity:

Bain

Tsukiko

Kaitou Kid Legendary Thief

Henry Gordan

Rukia Kurosaki

Ren-kun

Yes, I realize the last two people announced themselves on hiatus. At this point, I think it will be nearly impossible to incorporate them back into the plot, so I decided to kick them as well. Rukia and Ren, please talk to me if you have any questions or concerns or appeals.

At this point, the round is now functioning on the bare minimum number of people required. Any further inactivity kicks will result in the termination of this round.

I don't think I need to intervene right now, so keep doing what you guys need to do~

"Hm? Would anyone happen to know more about it? Did anyone encounter anything strange besides the wall- Aster I do not need the positions the birds were flying with respect to the wall." Alice asked of the heroes.

"Does our meeting with the strange priestess-lady over breakfast count? All of us were together this morning save for those who were left in the hotel, and none of us encountered anything particularly strange besides that and the wall. Well, all of us except for Mari. She wandered off this morning and we met up on the way here," Azura replied with a shrug. She turned to Mari. "Seen anything out of the ordinary this morning?" Azura asked Mari, the hint of a smile playing on her lips.

Did they just…lock me out?!

She was slow to walk towards the group, so when she got there, she found that the door was already locked. Ugh, why?!

She was considering walking back to the hotel when she saw something odd: the unlocked windows. Why a person would lock the doors but leave the windows open (since she assumed Alice locked the door because she wanted privacy), she didn’t know, but she peeked inside anyway.

“She really loves denim, doesn’t she?” The girl by the “God is dead” graffiti thing was beside her, her mane of hair tied back in a ponytail. Her eyes were darting back and forth, as if expecting an attack from any direction.

“You know her?”  “Mari” asked.

”You know, almost everyone peculiar here has had an encounter with another peculiar one in the past~” she replied, with a strangely playful tone at the end. Perhaps it was the term “peculiar” that elicited this tone.

“Peculiar?”  she whispered, not wanting the others inside to discover her with the other girl. “Perhaps the term would be foreigners…yes, foreigners.”

“Are you including us in that? I think we have been called ‘the foreigners’ too many times in our visit.”  She said, with an annoyed tone.

“No, and we’re sorry for intruding. But the ones who control it have chosen to intrude, and there’s no stopping them…” the girl trailed off. “I’m not sure about that. That’s all I can te Well, if you need help, she and I are here.”

She adjusted her ponytail, and disappeared into the adjacent corner, just as a voice asked her, “What are you doing there?!” 

----------------------

She did not like to be subjected to questioning. Azura mentioned a meeting with a strange priestess lady (Kyoko?), and immediately asked " Mari" what she had seen that was out of the ordinary. She counted three events.

"There was this strange man near the ruins of that building that exploded. He said something about a mind of a god causing chaos. I also saw graffiti that said, 'God is dead'. Maybe they're related?"

----------------------

(No, you are included in the heroes. That you stayed out while they went in is more fitting. :< Everyone is inside.)

"The mind of a god?..." Alice paused. 'Oh shyte.' She thought. "Well, we need to catch KID then. More so, we need to figure out who they are. Before we go after them."

Aster then explained the various characters that could see Shell.

"The Aeigo siblings, Nevermore, Sasaki...Shell themselves." Alice rubbed her neck.

"Sasaki has actually helped us and has an alibi for the first time we encountered KID. She also reversed the damage." Said Aster.

"If anything, is the elder Aeigo arrogant?" Alice questioned. "If he is who I think he is, we might just have to deal with the mind of someone with a god-complex."

(No, you are included in the heroes. That you stayed out while they went in is more fitting. :< Everyone is inside.)

(Uh, I'm inside now? And if it was more fitting then why are you complaining?)

----------------------

"You could say that he was arrogant, and he seemed like he knew something about the bombing." she answered, because that was what it seemed to her when he said that the police lacked information. "Also, a certain Lilliam character was at the police station, and she seemed to know him."

She started to wonder if what she had thought of earlier was correct.

-------------------

(Because you're lonelylonelylonely...lonelygirl. BANA.)

"He knew something? Does he have access to something no one else has? And at the police station? Why? Why would he be there..." Alice pondered, waiting for the heroes to bring forth their deductions.

"If anything, is the elder Aeigo arrogant?" Alice questioned. "If he is who I think he is, we might just have to deal with the mind of someone with a god-complex."

"You could say that he was arrogant, and he seemed like he knew something about the bombing." Nara replied"Also, a certain Lilliam character was at the police station, and she seemed to know him."

"He knew something? Does he have access to something no one else has? And at the police station? Why? Why would he be there..." Alice pondered, waiting for the heroes to bring forth their deductions.

"Before we get to that, Alice-san, what did you mean earlier when you said 'if he is who I think he is'?" Azura asked. "Who do you think he is?"

"Ah, sorry to butt in on your precious exposition time, but I'm going stop this conversation here." The voice was Lilliam's, who had somehow managed to enter the room without anybody noticing or opening the door.

She waved off the inevitable "How did you get in?" with a curt reply "Just thinking with portals." She pointed at Alice, and sneered. "So this is where you were hiding. I heard you crashed into the boonies, but I never thought you would've survived the impact. Tougher than your psyche, that's for sure."

She turned her attention away from Alice and towards the rest of your group. "I'm just here to make clear a few things. First, that Alice," she said while gesturing towards Alice's direction, "has been helping you underlings a bit too much and its starting to send distortions into the whatchamacallit. Second, you're pursuing this KID impersonator thing a bit off track. That Chris Aeigo isn't the KID impersonator. And finally," she trails off, walking towards the windows looking towards the city, and pointing downwards.

"That KID impersonator is down there, driving a train and causing huge chaos. Now, I'm cool with chaos, but I thought you may want to know. But whatever you do is up to you, and don't forget that!" She paused, then looked back at your group. "Well, then, I think that's all! See ya, underlings!" With that, Lilliam jumped out the window and disappeared in midair.

=============================================

When your group decided to come out and see what this "train" was, you saw a black-and-white monstrosity of steel and smoke charging through the streets. As it moved, sometimes it swerved to take a pedestrian, other times it would smash into a nearby building, and when it turned, you could bearly see a notable Dangan Ronpa character painted onto the head of the train.

The KID impersonator in all his glamor, cape and mask, was sitting on top of the train, apparently witnessing the death and destruction he was causing.

It's time to end this once and for all.

=============================================

Song of choice: See VisionS - Mami Kawada

Objective: Stop the train!

Objective: Catch the impersonator!

(Awww you never let me screw things for fun :< I'll post later :V Preferrably after I've had some breakfast after been awake for 5 hours.)

Azura watched as the chaos ensued in the city. "How in the world are we supposed to stop that?" She shook her head in disbelief. Her eyes followed the trail of smoke left behind by the monstrous train. Azura thought for a bit, and said, "We need to get close to KID."

The group discussed who the KID impersonator was, listing off everyone that it could be. As the suggestion of Aeigo-kun came up, Misaki said, "Mmm, I do not know about him... He may be self centered, but I do not get the feeling that it is him..."

The suggestions and discussion kept going until a familiar voice said, "Ah, sorry to butt in on your precious exposition time, but I'm going stop this conversation here."

The singer turned around and saw Lilliam, who had somehow appeared. She shifted her body away from the woman, remembering what had happened at the police station. "How did you get in here?" she asked, forgetting to talk in english.

"Just thinking with portals," came the reply. She then pointed at Alice and sneered, "So this is where you were hiding. I heard you crashed into the boonies, but I never thought you would've survived the impact. Tougher than your psyche, that's for sure."

She then turned to the rest of the group and continued. "I'm just here to make clear a few things. First, that Alice," she said with a wave towards Alice, "has been helping you underlings a bit too much and its starting to send distortions into the whatchamacallit. Second, you're pursuing this KID impersonator thing a bit off track. That Chris Aeigo isn't the KID impersonator. And finally..."

Lilliam paused before looking out the windows facing the city and pointing. "That KID impersonator is down there, driving a train and causing huge chaos. Now, I'm cool with chaos, but I thought you may want to know. But whatever you do is up to you, and don't forget that!"

She paused again, then looked back at the group. "Well, then, I think that's all! See ya, underlings!

With a wave, the woman jumped out the window. Misaki rushed to see where she had gone, but she was nowhere to be seen. "Come on, we have to hurry!" someone yelled out. 

From the window, the singer could see the general area of where the train was, so she said, "I know a fast way to get to the train. Follow me!"

They managed to finally lay eyes on the train swerving through the streets as they crossed a bridge ten minutes into their running. It was a massive black and white train, with smoke trailing above. It moved randomly, sometimes hitting a standerby and sometimes a building. On top was the KID impersonator, watching the destruction gleefully.

"How in the world are we supposed to stop that?" Azura said, shaking her head in disbelief. "We need to get close to KID."

"But how?" Misaki replied. "It is not like we can just jump on."

This was going to be hard. But they had to stop this mayhem once and for all.

"Well, to unsettle the balance was the point of this whole thing." Alice muttered as Aster rushed to the window after Liliam, yelling something about trying to get her number.

Aster proceeded to simlpy jump out the window while others followed the normal and uncool way to join him downstairs.

"How do we stop a train? Well we ask it nicely. I see it happen all the time." Aster said.

"Where the hell does that happen?" Someone asked.

"My friend Dora says so. You know, the explorer." You would not be wrong to question what this kid was high on. "Anyway, the first idea is to run into walls. The second one is to run after the train and think of the third idea." Because they had no firearms on them or bombs.

Azura stared at Aster like he was insane. Then she looked at the ground beneath her, thinking hard. Her gaze was fixed on a small pebble near her left shoe. "Misaki's right. Of course we can't just jump on the train. That would be insane," Azura said as she kicked the pebble gently, so that it landed inches away from her feet.

"We need to slow the train down, then. Or better, completely stop it from moving." Azura kicked the pebble hard, and it disappeared from their view as it landed a long distance away from them. She turned to the others. "The question is, how? And please, I don't want to say vé mas despacio to the train." Azura said, her eyes on Aster.

"Hmmm, you're train of thought is correct." Said Aster as he took out a chemical string and hook out of his many pockets. Observing the string he cursed internally.

"I don't suppose anyone has any rope? Unless we want to slice our hands and perhaps someone's neck with the string? We can hook it to the train and take a ride- I mean climb after the KID Impersonator!"

Tossing the hook in Azura's hand and whispering a "Be safe." He took off running after train which easily outran him across the street. As he noticed its turning body a scream brought his attention to a woman running out of a car while clucthing a baby to take shelter in a building, leaving the key in the ignition.

He seized the opportunity, strapping himself in and hoping he'd be able to drive with the steering on the right. "Ladies and gentlmen, we are about to film Fast and Furious 15." With that he stepped on the gas, rapidly shifitng gears as he drove in a linear path, the car soon clocking 80 Kmh-1 as he rushed to collide with the train.

What seemed like the making of a horrible accident suddenly turned into an unpredictable turn of events as the crazy boy swerved with expert skills (obtained from underground racing) over various debris before slamming into the train from the side, lifting one side of it.

Even with the airbag crushing his face and his bleeding nose and hands with pieces of the broken windsheild embedded in them, he further pushed the accelerator in an effort to stop the train which only had one side of its wheels on the ground.

Soon the engine malfunctioned and Aster brought down the handbrake causing the car to jerk as the length of the train ended skidded across the road, slowing down. Feeling extreme fatigue he climbed out of the car, only to see the front of it completely crushed and totalled. The train seemed to have stopped, probably because the driver was not used to driving horizontally.

"What the hell just happened." Said Aster he tried to move but felt his knees give away. The next thing he knew he felt very comfortable against the hard ground and blacked out.

=====

What? He had a train in the middle of a street :V

"You're crazy!" Azura yelled, following Aster who ran after the train. The steel monster crashed through the side of a building, Azura and the others barely able to dodge the falling debris. The smoke made it hard for her to see, but Azura could definitely hear the sound of metal crashing hard against another piece of metal.

When the smoke cleared, she saw the train, now immobile and a broken chunk of metal which, apparently, had once been a car. An unconscious Aster lay on the ground near the collision.

She saw it in the movies. She knew what was about to happen next. Gasoline had started to leak from the destroyed car's tank, and Azura knew it was only a matter of seconds before they were greeted by a huge explosion.

Azura prayed that her years of joining triathlons would finally pay off as she rushed to the collision. Lifting one of his arms over her shoulder, she dragged the blacked-out Aster across the concrete road as fast as her legs could take them. Azura ran to the building which had been destroyed earlier and took shelter behind a large debris (which used to be a wall) as the car exploded, and chunks of metal and debris were blown all around. Aster remained unconscious by Azura's side. The latter looked around and yelled, in between breaths, "Misaki! Mari!" before slumping against the wall.

"How do we stop a train? Well we ask it nicely. I see it happen all the time," Aster said.

"Where the hell does that happen?"Misaki heard someone asked.

"My friend Dora says so. You know, the explorer."

... Huh? I am so confused right now.

"Anyway, the first idea is to run into walls. The second one is to run after the train and think of the third idea."

"Misaki's right. Of course we can't just jump on the train. That would be insane," Azura said, gently kicking a pebble a few inches away. "We need to slow the train down, then. Or better, completely stop it from moving. The question is, how? And please, I don't want to say vé mas despacio to the train."

"Hmmm, your train of thought is correct," the boy replied as he took out a piece of string with a hook out of his many pockets. He looked at the string before showing a displeased face. "I don't suppose anyone has any rope? Unless we want to slice our hands and perhaps someone's neck with the string? We can hook it to the train and take a ride- I mean climb after the KID Impersonator!"

Tossing the hook in Azura's hand, Aster took off running after the train. "What are you doing?!" Misaki shouted as she watched him jump into an abandoned car. "We need to think this through more!"

"You're crazy!" Azura yelled out as she followed Aster.

"You too?" the singer said. "God, I'm not going to run after a train, especially one going that fast. Aster always seems to have a crazy plan that works, so I'm going to assume he can pull it off again."

But while she wasn't going to go run after a train, it didn't mean she wasn't going to run after the others. Knowing Aster, someone was going to get hurt and at the very least she could try and stay nearby so she could help in the aftermath. Misaki took off, trying her best to not trip over the debris that covered the area. Eventually she slowed to a stop as the car and the train left her in the dust and she ran out of breath. "Where... Is a... good way... to catch up...?" she panted, wiping some sweat off her face.

It was then she saw a taxi, with a man climbing out. "Ah, wait!" she yelled as she ran over to the man. "You're the taxi driver, right?"

"Yeah, doesn't mean I'm gonna drive you! Have you seen that rampaging train?!" he replied.

"I'll pay you 5000 yen if you get me close to the train. Just, fifty feet behind it."

"Are you insane?!"

"10000 yen."

"... The things I do for money," the girl heard him mutter. "Get your ass in the car missy, before I change my mind."

"Thank you!" she said, climbing in. 

Misaki barely had time to buckle herself in when the taxi sped off, chasing Aster and the train. Thankfully, the taxi driver knew how to drive fast and soon they were able to see the end of the train. "Almost there..." she said to herself when she noticed that, in all the smoke, Aster was ramming into the train with his car. "What the...?!"

"What is that person doing?!" the taxi driver said, just as shocked as the singer. 

She watched as he rammed into it again, causing the train to go off balance and teeter back and forth between falling to its side and righting itself. One last push and the train fell over, skidding on the road like fingernails on a chalkboard. The taxi screeched to a stop as well, stopping 100 yards from the train. 

Misaki jumped out of the car, trying her best to see what was happening in all the smoke but couldn't see a thing. As the smoke cleared up a bit, she saw Azura heading towards Aster, who was crumbled on the ground. "Aster! Azura!" she yelled, trying to get their attention to see if they were alright. 

But neither replied as the girl hauled the limp boy towards a large piece of debris. "What...?" she said, taking a closer look at the wreckage. "Crap! The car!"

The singer had forgotten that the car was likely badly damaged in the crash and could be leaking gas. She jumped back into the taxi as she said frantically, "Drive away! Hurry! The car, it might-"

Aster's car exploded, metal and glass flying everywhere. She shielded her face, but when nothing came she slowly opened her eyes again. There was fire and car bits everywhere, but not near the taxi. We must have been out of range.

"Oh, I have to check on Azura and Aster!" she said, quickly exiting the taxi again.

"Hey, what about my money?!" the taxi driver asked, angry.

"Oh here," she replied, throwing the bills haphazardly as she starting running over to where the other two had hidden. "Hey, hey! Are you two ok?" she yelled, coughing as some smoke got into her throat. "Come on, we should go."

When your group decided to come out and see what this "train" was, you saw a black-and-white monstrosity of steel and smoke charging through the streets. As it moved, sometimes it swerved to take a pedestrian, other times it would smash into a nearby building, and when it turned, you could bearly see a notable Dangan Ronpa character painted onto the head of the train.

Is this a pun or something? :P

------------------

She usually liked trains, because of her frequent riding on them on her way to school. In fact, she took a special interest on news about the improvement/renovation of the local train systems. So of course, when she sees a train in Japan (known for the Shinkansen), she might have been fascinated.

Instead, she was horrified. This train was not even on rails. It was on the road, and it was crashing into innocent passers-by with reckless abandon, their last sight being a Monobear insignia. The lone passenger was a person in full KID regalia, his face hidden behind a Noh mask, but if she had X-ray vision, she probably would have seen a smirk. 

A small fire erupted behind the train, and she heard shrieks of terror pierce the air. People were trying not to get hit by the train, but most of them weren't as lucky. Suddenly she just felt a hand drag her away from the chaos and behind a brick wall. "You do realize you can't really do anything here, right? Maybe you can stare, but nothing to stop it, even with your life..."

"What do you mean, I can't do anything?" she retorted angrily. If there was one thing she hated, it was feeling useless. 

"You noticed it too, right? That they are strange, that they seem to be the cause of the chaos, that they are unlike you?"

Duh, ordinary humans can't teleport or resurrect people!, she thought. A mighty crash was heard, and she and the other one turned their heads. The train had stopped moving. "What happened?! Oh no, don't tell me she went too far!" 

"Who are you?" she asked out of the blue, snapping the girl of her shocked state. 

"I thought I told you already that I'm not from here?" she replied, her eyes glued to the train wreck. "Not from this world, that is."

"Misaki! Mari!"

Huh? That's Azura's voice...

She ran in the direction of the voice, evading the iron-like grip of the one she was speaking to, who, she figured, was as crazy as the other people in Shibuya.

---------

Azura was slumped against the wall, panting heavily. She and Misaki, who had come out of a taxi, arrived at the site at approximately the same time. Both of them were coughing out the smoke that they had inhaled.

"What happened? We should get out of here!" said Misaki, in between fits of coughing.

"Where's KID?!" she demanded. S/He wasn't on top of the train anymore. Either s/he had been crushed, or s/he had escaped. 

---------

"Where's KID?!" Mari demanded. KID was no longer on top of the train.

"I'm pretty sure that he/she couldn't have gone far," Azura answered, panting and coughing. "I'm quite positive that the impersonator's nearby. It's highly improbable that KID escaped the crash and explosion. Even if he/she jumped off before the collision, he/she wouldn't have gotten away without a scratch considering the train's velocity at that moment." Azura got up carefully and brushed the dust off her jeans. "However, it's also possible that KID has an accomplice. We need to find the impersonator quickly before he/she gets away. Though I highly doubt that."The girl looked around, covering her nose and mouth with her handkerchief to avoid inhaling the smoke.

"So who wants to go and look for the phantom thief? The remaining one has to stay and guard our blacked out friend here...oh nevermind. I guess he's awake now?" Azura said as the three girls watched Aster slowly blink toward consciousness.

"Where's KID?!" Mari yelled over the chaos, looking around for criminal that was no longer present. 

"I'm pretty sure that he/she couldn't have gone far," Azura answered between her pants and coughs. "I'm quite positive that the impersonator's nearby. It's highly improbable that KID escaped the crash and explosion. Even if he/she jumped off before the collision, he/she wouldn't have gotten away without a scratch considering the train's velocity at that moment." 

The girl then eased herself up before wiping some dust off her jeans. "However, it's also possible that KID has an accomplice. We need to find the impersonator quickly before he/she gets away. Though I highly doubt that."

"Good idea," Misaki replied, following Azura's lead by taking out her own handkerchief and covering her mouth. 

"So who wants to go and look for the phantom thief? The remaining one has to stay and guard our blacked out friend here...oh nevermind. I guess he's awake now?" 

The singer turned towards Aster, whose eyes were fluttering open. "Are you ok?" she asked, checking over him for injuries. "We should get you to a hospital, you probably need to get checked out. Can you stand? Do you need help getting up?"

Speaking of the impersonator, he was right next to your group. Speaking of hospitals, it seemed likely then that you're going to need one eventually – all of you.

The impersonator pointed his definitely not-card-shooting gun at your group. He tilted his head quizzically, though its hard to tell, since his expression was unreadable under the mask, now with a single crack in its surface. The impersonator paused, and so did your group. The entire place was quiet, and no one seemed to want to dare to take even a breath or drop a pin.

He proceeded to make a strange cross gesture as if preparing to pray, first his head, then his chest, then left and right shoulder. Then he handled the gun with both hands and took aim. He was about to fire. You froze. But then perhaps a miracle happened. Perhaps the chances of the incident was so little to call it as impossible as water moving up from the base to the top of a waterfall.

The mask fell off.

And the face that was revealed was C.M. Robert's.

And the enslaved man collapsed onto the ground, dropping his gun.

And rain began to fall.

===================================================

Was it over?

No, not quite. There remain a few loose ends. Why? How?

Something seemed to have changed in the city of Shibuya. A city of meeting, of sporadic conversation, turned against each other in maddening paranoia. Openness became closeness, friendships snapped shut.

The impersonator had done his damage. The city of Shibuya was covered in what appeared to be never-ending darkness and never-ending distrust. Who could possibly wish this upon an entire city?

Though the impersonator was taken away by police, perhaps you could talk to him? Perhaps his words will be the first step to dispelling the odious darkness.

===================================================

Objective completed.

Chapter completed.

I said there would be five chapters. This is going to prove impossible. The third chapter will be the last chapter.

Chapter Fine (3)

Objective: Find the truth.

Mini-objective: Interrogate the KID impersonator / C.M. Robert.

Here are a few questions that I think have remained unanswered:

Why did C.M. Robert commit such actions as an impersonator?

What is the origin of C.M. Robert's powers, since he is an ordinary person?

Who exactly are Kyoko Sasaki and Lilliam Nevermore (and the Aeigo siblings)?

And finally: Who would possibly want to cause such distrust and discontent in a perfectly fine bustling city, and why would they do such a thing?

Perhaps finding the answer to these questions will help.

The sound of gravel crunching caused Misaki to turn around to see who was behind them. She stared in shock as she saw the KID impersonator, pointing his gun at the group. His once perfect mask now had a crack, a fact that she noticed as he tilted his head to the side. It felt questioning, though without a face to show an expression, it was hard to tell. All the singer could hear was her heartbeat as the group and KID stared, not moving.

Slowly, the KID imposter proceeded to raise one of his hands to tap his head, his sternum, then his shoulders one at a time. A cross?

He then put the hand he had just used to make a cross on his body around the gun, readying himself to shoot. This is the end. No getting out of this.

She closed her eyes tightly, not wanting the last sight she saw be the splattering of blood of the people she had gone through so much with the past few days. It was only when there was no sound of gunfire, but instead a clack did she open her eyes. She stared in shock once more as she took in this sight.

The mask had fallen off. It revealed the face of a middle aged man, who looked so... tired.

He fell to his knees, the gun clattering at his side as rain began to fall.

The rest had happened in a blur, the disbelief that the crazy adventure she had been dragged into was over. One minute she was standing, the next on her knees as her legs gave out from exhaustion. The police came soon after, taking away the man who seemed so small compared to his alter ego in handcuffs. Some officers helped her and the others get into the nearby ambulances, getting them to a nearby hospital to get them checked out. Misaki was found to be fine, and as a result was approached by the police first to answer questions once she had been discharged. "What can you tell us about what happened?" one of them asked.

The singer paused for a second before replying, "... It's a long story and I've had a long day. I should also be with my friends. I'll just come to the station in a day or two."

Before the officer could reply, she pulled out a business card from her wallet and handed it to them. "Here's my card. Call me later to set up the time of interview." Without another word, she turned around and headed towards Aster's room. 

While it was probably rude to leave an officer like that, she was just so tired and needed to take time to digest what had just happened. It ended just as suddenly as it began. But... It doesn't feel over yet. It still feels... dark. Like, something still isn't right. I'll talk to the others and see if they feel it to.

As she made it to Aster's room, she saw everyone was up and talking. "How are you all feeling?"  she asked as she grabbed a seat. "Was everything ok in your checkup?"