Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 14: Shibuya Infinity

(Status report.

The following people need to show more activity:
Tsukiko

I expect high levels of participation whenever you can put some in, guys!

I'm probably going to end this early September. We still have a lot of ground to cover, so let's go!)

As Misaki looked past the Hatchiko statue and at the sky, she noticed that the sun was setting. It's already that late? Great, and we still are stuck as to wh-

Her thoughts stopped as a fluttering shower of white cards suddenly descending around the Hachiko statue. After picking one of the cards up and seeing the KID logo on one of the sides, she looked around to see where the cards were coming from until she saw the KID impersonator was standing on Hachiko's head.

They didn't say a word as they got the attention of everyone in the crossing. Once he had it, he started to pull out something out. With the events at the police station still on her mind, she instinctively moved to cover her vitals in case of what he was grabbing was a gun. Instead , however, what he revealed was a magician's staff, completely black except for its white tip. He twirled it around, then placed the white tip onto Hachiko's head.

The sound of the staff banging against the bronze resonated through the silent crossing. After a moment of silence, there was another sound, an odd one at that, of growling. 

The statue of Hachiko jumped off its base, bronze suddenly animate with vicious intent. Misaki jumped, scared and confused. What the..?!

The animated statue began to growl at the audience, who began to back away. Suddenly it lunged, taking down a man by his throat. The singer turned away, not wanting to see the bloodshed. She could hear the screams as it kept taking people down. Then, the KID jumped off the statue and began to run away from the scene, firing a gun at the crowd to disperse them. 

"Cowards... In the Great War, he'll be shot by the commissar...." she heard Ari say. "I've got my own wish... Just like Hellhound from Black Ops. Looks like he's have some cards on his sleeve... Always one step ahead..."

Watching in surprise as he took out a gun, he yelled out, "Alright! Elli and Alek! Follow me! We're gonna catch that fool who fleeing! The rest of you, take care of that 'Hellhound'!"

"How?!" she yelled back, though it seemed clear no one was listening. Goddamnit, how are we supposed to take down a bronze dog?! For real, it's not like we can melt it or anything seeing as how we don't have anything to melt it with. Is bronze magnetic? Could we subdue it with magnets? Oh god of course not where the hell are we even going to get magnets strong enough to stop it? Think Misaki think, how can we stop it?

Aster had been left with the others to stop the hound as Ari and Aleksander took off after the KID impersonator. The others were just as confused as he were as to how they were going to deal with the bronze statue. Quickly, he began to empty his pockets in front of the others.

"We need a plan..." He went only for his right pockets, taking out the fireworks again, strong duct tape, a chemically strengthened thread and a....small fishing net. That could work.

"Why are you carrying all that around?" Someone asked. "For survival?" Came the rhetoric answer.

(( Try not to control my character's actions if you aren't modding, Ari. :V I'll do the opposite of what's posted because I'm blindly stubborn.))

As Ari took off, chasing after the impersonator with the called to Aleksander in tow, L rolled her eyes. She wasn't about to follow him. Aleks' brain should be enough to keep the foolish Ari alive. Aster was pulling things from his pocket that seemed pretty useful in the current situation, and she nodded when someone asked why he kept them on his person. "It'll be a pretty heavy target to stop... We'll need all our hands to get this thing. I say we get moving while we talk shop," she offered, pulling her stun gun from her messenger bag. "Not sure if this could work. Bronze is a conductor, and the thing's apparently alive though..."

Ok sorry. Lets think she has never been with you Ari.

~~~~~~~~~~

Even thought Aleksander drove as fast as he could, they didn't reach KID. His driver and car were good.

Ari was aiming KID's car with his pistol, but it was useless as Aleksander was forced to dodge other cars.

"Try to get next to it!" Ari said and Aleksander tried to do his best.

Aleksander was still close to the car as truck drove in front of him. He was forced to pull off.

Luckily there wasn't anyone or anything, so the car was still good.

"PERKELE! We were still close enough to be able to caught him! Aleksander cursed as he turned his car around.

"We will go back to statue." he said and Ari nodded.

As they arrived, others were trying to figure out how to stop the dog.

"OK Ari, get out of the car. After that, make my way clear. GO!" Aleksander shouted and didn't let Ari complain. 

"I think I know what you are going to do player." Ari said

After Ari had left the car and informed others away Aleksander put first gear on and pressed the pedal to floor.

~~~~~~~~

Ok guys tell me what happened before and after we arrived

@ Heksu: Please don't god modding me, okay?

@ Elli: It was unintended, sorry.

Ari scowled as he got out, "Yeah, yeah..." He had his Glock 18 on automatic now, "Instead we talking about chemistry here, we need to tear the statue down!...."

I probably won't be here for a week...

-------------------

"Need help? I really don't know why I'm here, but I guess it's to help you..."

She was thinking how to subdue the bronze statue when she heard a voice. A jacket-clad girl was talking to her. She thought it was Lilliam-the-crazy-gun-shooter, but she looked very different.  "You have two options. One is to steal that stick from the KID impersonator, and use it to reverse the effects of the previous effect. The second is to follow them." She pointed to Elli and AL. "Don't follow those two. Brains beat brawn anytime.", she added, pointing at Ari and Alek.

She heard Ari dissing Chemistry, and wanted to shout back. Then she remembered the girl, but she had left, calmly walking through the sea of screaming/cursing (?) people. Following Elli and AL seems irrational for me, but I guess it's the better choice than chasing the impersonator.

----------------------------

"The statue is bronze..." Aster muttered, meeting Elli's gaze. Said statue continued to be rampant and terrorize people. "Why of course, I've got just the thing!" Aster took out what seemed to be a tube of toothpaste of his pocket and snapped on rubber gloves. Squeezing a fair amount of he began to coat the purple thread he had with his hands.

His gloves had started to tear and slice at some places, showing how sharp the thread was.

"Where'd you get that anyway?" Elli asked. "Kite flying competition. Illegal of course, cuts other threads." Aster replied as he quickly changed his gloves and began to tie on end of the thread around her stun gun and the other with a seemingly heavy scrabble tile with the letter "A".

"Okay, now that the wire is coated with my Salt Paste 2.0 -don't worry it's a legit toothpaste, 1.9 had some coal in it too- we can electrocute that guy from a distance!" Aster said. Elli nodded, speaking her monologue I shall leave space for.

They charged after the rampant dog, Elli holding the stun gun and Aster the weight (tile). The dog seemed to evade them for a while until all of a sudden Mari (WAIT SHE WAS EXISTENT?!)  jumped in front of it, causing it to be a bit distracted. Aster threw the tile straight at its leg. It struck and the momentum caused it spin around and encircle its leg.

As if on cue, Elli unleashed her stun gun, the current having a direct path to follow from her distance straight to the dog.

Ari scowled at the girl who saying he and Alek are Brain beat brawn, "At least you all didn't know about military and tactical, idiot..." He then thinks to take down the bronze statue quicker than Elli and Lawrence's idea.

(I'm not really sure how things are being followed up but who's after KID, who's after the Bronze statue which since I don't know how it functions have to either wait until another RPer does something or else it dies by the voltage. Since the statue is trapped at the moment shouldn't the KID party shoot that guy already?)

I wrote so we lost KID :P . No can do. I'm going to crash to the dog. And you just electrocuted it.

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aleksander got good distance to the dog. He started to accelerate towards it. Suddenly he saw AL and Elli doing something whit rope.

But it was too late to brake and there wasn't room where to go.

Shit! I'll have to just go for it"

Aleksander pressed gas and car hit the hound. As well as electrical shock from the stun gun. dog fell and car pushed it still. Then Alek braked.

Was it just that? Or is it still alive?

Aleksander go out of the car.

Ari saw Alek crashed his car, hit the bronze statue. The car stopped and he got out. Ari took another stick of Djarum Black cigarette and he lit it as he approaching to the bronze statue. Closer than Elli and Alek but Ari kept distance in the case the electricity shook him. Ari menacingly pointed his Glock 18 at the bronze statue. "Well, Hack. Where's your master now? Move an inch and I'll dump 33 rounds of Russian 9x19 mm from this Glock to you..." He then glared at Elli and Alek, "So this Hellound are dead? Or should I add insult to injury..."

"We need a plan..." Aster said before digging through his pockets and taking out fireworks, duct tape, a c thread and a small fishing net. 

"Why are you carrying all that around?" Misaki asked, staring. Last she checked, that wasn't stuff someone usually had on them.

"For survival?

"It'll be a pretty heavy target to stop... We'll need all our hands to get this thing. I say we get moving while we talk shop," L offered, pulling her stun gun from her messenger bag. Where do these people get all this?! All I have is my phone and wallet. 

"Not sure if this could work. Bronze is a conductor, and the thing's apparently alive though..."

She heard the boy mutter something, but didn't pay much attention as the singer shot a quick look at the statue. She winced as she saw some blood spray and quickly looked away.

"Why of course, I've got just the thing!"

Misaki turned to see Aster take out what seemed to be a tube of toothpaste of his pocket and snapped on rubber gloves. Squeezing a fair amount of he began to coat the purple thread he had with his hands.

His gloves had started to tear and slice at some places, showing how sharp the thread was. "Where'd you get that anyway?" L asked.

"Kite flying competition. Illegal of course, cuts other threads," Aster replied as he quickly changed his gloves and began to tie one end of the thread around L's stun gun and the other with a seemingly heavy tile with the letter "A" on it.

"Okay, now that the wire is coated with my Salt Paste 2.0 -don't worry it's a legit toothpaste, 1.9 had some coal in it too- we can electrocute that guy from a distance!" Aster said. 

"Wait, how-"

The singer started to ask how exactly toothpaste could electrocute it since when the duo charged after the rampant dog, Elli holding the stun gun and Aster the tile. She watched as the dog seemed to evade them for a while until all of a sudden Mari jumped in front of it, causing it to be a bit distracted. Aster threw the tile straight at its leg. It struck and the momentum caused it spin around and encircle its leg.

L pressed a button on her stun gun, letting a current of electricity loose. From the conversation before, Misaki assumed that it went straight from the stun gun to the dog via the thread. She watched the dog, hoping that the electrocution would subdue it. Please work please please please don't  just makes the situation worse.

(*ahem* I do not like my chara being controlled by others. Moving my location is fine, but don't make her do stuff without my consent.

And Ari, are you speaking in English or Japanese? It's not bolded, see.)

(Technically I did just move your location. I would have used a tree but that wasn't convincing enough. Also, that paste contains conducting materials like salts, bit of zinc etc-)

(Bain, you need to bold when your character is speaking English.)

The bronze statue remained inert. Apparently the electrical current managed to stun it. With the dog downed, the crossing chaos began to subside. People started to gather around the site of the bronze statue in curiosity.

"Sorry, coming through!" It was the voice of Kyoko Sasaki, making her way to the site. She eased her way out of the crowd and towards your group. She looked down at the bronze statue, and, looking back towards your group, whistled. "Good job." She walked over and took Ari's pistol, saying that "people are starting to notice the gun", and shoved the gun in her pocket.

"You've done me a big favor. I'll spare you on the details, but by stopping this attack, I can clean up this entire mess." She took a deep breath, then clapped her hands together. When she did, thick, obscuring mist covered the entire crossing. You heard a strange whirring sound and felt odd, as if the entire earth was shifting and rumbling underneath you – though it wasn't a physical sensation, since the earth wasn't shaking at all. Then, the sensation stopped, and the mist began to clear.

Once the crossing came into view, everything was back to normal. The bronze statue was back on the podium, friendly once more. Everyone who died during the attack appeared to have had their death reversed, as they now joined the rest of the crossing crowd. Speaking of the crowd, they appeared to have no recollection of the events, and simply returned to their original business. You looked around, and perhaps you took a glance at Kyoko, who somehow changed from her regular clothing to ornate church robes.

Kyoko cleared her throat, and turned her attention back to the group. Her church robes flickered, and eventually her regular street clothing replaced them. "Oh, and before you ask, this isn't something I can do every time. First, if I keep messing with life and death, Shell's not going to be very pleased with me. Second, you have to stop the attack before I can fix the problem. If the attack goes through, like the 109 Building attack, I can't do anything about that. That being said, I would like you to catch that impersonator so we don't even need to go through that, but I think you all need some rest first. I'll see you guys later – under more friendly circumstances, perhaps?" 

Then she did her trademark yawn, snapped her fingers. Suddenly you found yourself back at the hotel room.

================================

Chapter 1 is finished!

Chapter 2 will start probably tomorrow!

Good job, guys!

(@All: Yeah, yeah.. I'll bold it. And please call me with real name...)

"Sorry, coming through!" It was the voice of Kyoko Sasaki, making her way to the site. She eased her way out of the crowd and towards your group. She looked down at the bronze statue, and, looking back towards your group, whistled. "Good job." She walked over and took Ari's pistol, saying that "people are starting to notice the gun", and shoved the gun in her pocket.

Ari laughed with sarcasm, "Bitch please... That Glock 18 wasn't mine... And probably you are totally retarded about military too, girl... Just like the others..."

"You've done me a big favor. I'll spare you on the details, but by stopping this attack, I can clean up this entire mess." She took a deep breath, then clapped her hands together. When she did, thick, obscuring mist covered the entire crossing. You heard a strange whirring sound and felt odd, as if the entire earth was shifting and rumbling underneath you – though it wasn't a physical sensation, since the earth wasn't shaking at all. Then, the sensation stopped, and the mist began to clear.

Once the crossing came into view, everything was back to normal. The bronze statue was back on the podium, friendly once more. Everyone who died during the attack appeared to have had their death reversed, as they now joined the rest of the crossing crowd. Speaking of the crowd, they appeared to have no recollection of the events, and simply returned to their original business. You looked around, and perhaps you took a glance at Kyoko, who somehow changed from her regular clothing to ornate church robes.

"Cheating... Probably my gun is back now..."

Kyoko cleared her throat, and turned her attention back to the group. Her church robes flickered, and eventually her regular street clothing replaced them. "Oh, and before you ask, this isn't something I can do every time. First, if I keep messing with life and death, Shell's not going to be very pleased with me. Second, you have to stop the attack before I can fix the problem. If the attack goes through, like the 109 Building attack, I can't do anything about that. That being said, I would like you to catch that impersonator so we don't even need to go through that, but I think you all need some rest first. I'll see you guys later – under more friendly circumstances, perhaps?"

Then she did her trademark yawn, snapped her fingers. Suddenly you found yourself back at the hotel room.

Ari thought, "Teleport. I swear that if I have that power, then I'll send her to Adriatic Sea..."

He then told the others in a menacing tone, "Well, ignore anything that said by Kyoko, she totally nuts. I'll play Payday 2 to beat some Skulldozers in Rats Pro Job tonight. Objection and I'll beat you up so bad..." He was pissed up after his Glock 18 was confiscated by Kyoko. Still, Ari hopes that Kyoko will fall to another life-death problem and he can take the Glock 18 back.

Ari took another Djarum Black cigarette, "At least that idiot didn't noticed that I still have my crossbow... Bang for the buck..." He then walked out of the room, "I'm going to buy a cigarette. Anyone who have something to buy? Let me buy it..."

(Instating a new policy: you can't copy and paste my posts. I'm getting a bit tired of this, so keep to creating your own material off mine, guys!)

(Roger that...)

As the electricity raced through the dog, it stopped its killing rampage and halted all movements. Thank god the electricity stopped it. Hopefully it'll stay that way. 

Around her she cold see people gathering around the the bronze statue since it had stopped. "Sorry, coming through!"

Misaki turned around to see the source of voice, recognizing it from somewhere. A girl with a green cap emerged from the crowed and made her way over to the group. Ah, she's that girl from the other day! The one I thought was giving directions to Tsukiko and Mari. 

The girl quickly looked the bronze dog before returning her gaze to the group and let out a whistle. "Good job."

She then walked over and took the gun that Ari had (when did he pull that out?) and put it in her pocket, saying something the singer couldn't quite hear. "You've done me a big favor. I'll spare you on the details, but by stopping this attack, I can clean up this entire mess."

The blonde girl then clapped her hands together, causing a thick, obscuring mist to consume the entire crossing. As it happened, Misaki heard a weird whirring sound and suddenly felt a little off balance even though nothing was moving. After a few moments, it stopped as the mist faded.

Once the mist was completely gone, the singer noticed that everything was back to the way it was before the attack. The bronze statue was back to sitting on its podium and the people who she had seen get their throats ripped out by the bronze dog just minutes before were back to walking around with the rest of the crowd (who seemed to be going about their business as if nothing had happened). As she looked around, she caught a glimpse of the blonde girl who had caused the mist. What happened to her other clothes? First she was in something casual and now church robes? When did she even have time to change?

After hearing someone clear their throat, she turned her attention back to the girl. The church robes flickered as they faded into the clothes she had been wearing before. "Oh, and before you ask, this isn't something I can do every time. First, if I keep messing with life and death, Shell's not going to be very pleased with me. Second, you have to stop the attack before I can fix the problem. If the attack goes through, like the 109 Building attack, I can't do anything about that. That being said, I would like you to catch that impersonator so we don't even need to go through that, but I think you all need some rest first. I'll see you guys later – under more friendly circumstances, perhaps?" 

After letting out a yawn, she snapped her fingers. All of the sudden, the group was no longer at the crossing. Instead they were in a hotel room, one Misaki had never seen before. 

"Well, ignore anything that said by Kyoko, she totally nuts. I'll play Payday 2 to beat some Skulldozers in Rats Pro Job tonight. Objection and I'll beat you up so bad..." Ari said, taking out a cigarette. The singer held back the temptation to make a face, not approving of the smoking. Hopefully he'll at least do that outside.

"At least that idiot didn't noticed that I still have my crossbow... Bang for the buck..." he said as he began to walk out the room. "I'm going to buy a cigarette. Anyone who have something to buy? Let me buy it..."

"I am good," Misaki said. "But I may leave the room for a little while. After all that has happened, I think a nice walk would be a good idea. I will have my phone, so if you need me just call."

Without waiting for a response, she quickly exited the room. After everything that had happened the past few days, she just need an hour or two by herself. As she entered the lobby of the hotel, she felt around to see if she had her earbuds on her. Damn, not there. Whatever, I can just ask the front desk if I can grab some here.

One conversation with some hotel staff later, she had some earbuds that she plugged into her phone as she exited the hotel. The first notes of one of Tchaikovsky violin compositions began to play as she looked around to see which part of Tokyo she was in. OK, so I've been here a few times. I shouldn't get lost. Time for a walk.

(Sorryyyyy been busy with school events! Lots recently especially when the freshmen are joining soon xD please forgive me for posting strangely unrelated stuff >__<)

-----------

Strange stuff keep unfolding infront of her eyes. Manner couldn't believe it when the bronze, lifeless statue started moving on it's own. The impersonator of KID appeared again and chaos ensued. Amber couldn't help but only watch as people get hurt and public property damaged. Several of the people started chasing the statue and some others run after the imposter.

'Seriously?' Amber was horribly confused. 'I feel like I'm in NGNL now... No wait... They have no dancing statues if I recall...'

Not before long, the statue was finally somehow subdued and the people restored, mysteriously though, by the weird girl, and Amber is now in a state of shock without even doing much.

'Someone... Explain this bizarre incident to me?'

Amber thought, still in shock.

Strange woman just clapped her hands? And now everything is normal?

Before he could think more, he was in hotel room.

What is this hotel?

Suddenly Aleksander woke from his thoughts as he hear something about going out.

Wonder if my car is here also? And is it okay. Cooler was badly damaged and I think that suspension didn't like the crash either.

"I'm going to check if my car is here. If it's and it's ok, then I can give you ride."  Aleksander said

Chapter 2: Phantom of the Air

"If a phantom falls and no one is there to hear, does it make a noise?" - C.M. Robert

Song of choice: Kaiki's theme from Monogatari (I actually don't know the name of this song)

Notes: "With a KID attack stopped, the stage is set for the counterattack! Time to bag this phantom!"

Objective: Capture the KID impersonator!

Kyoko + Lilliam:

Lilliam was back at her station behind the cashiers at the restaurant, and Kyoko had just finished her order and was waiting at a seat. It was as if all was back to normal.

Lilliam brought the tray to Kyoko's seat, and took the seat opposite her. Her unhinged sneer was once again present on her face. "What you doing, Renaissance Man?" The last two words Lilliam said sent an uncomfortable air throughout the entire restaurant.

Kyoko yawned, then glared at Lilliam. "Calling names, are we, Born from Chaos?" Again, the mysterious epithet sent an uncomfortable chill throughout the restaurant, as if they were words of great, forbidden power.

"Ah, fine. Though I'm not what I used to be. In fact, at this rate I'll get closer to chaotic good than chaotic evil," Lilliam retorted.

"And what a shame that'll be," Kyoko replied. She yawned, then began picking fries off the tray. Lilliam stood up, but before she made her way back to the station, she turned her head and said a few words.

"It won't be long now." With that, she made her way back to the station, and all was once again good.

Shell + C.M. Robert:

Meanwhile, Shell was talking to C.M. Robert in an alleyway.

"...Ah, I understand the situation," Shell was saying. This particular Shell was the skeleton policeman seen a while ago. "Though...it's a situation that I don't want to interfere with. That...would be too troublesome...messing with that person."

C.M. Robert cleared his throat. "Well, it's understandable. I'm sorry for calling you all this way, but you were the only entity that person would probably disregard, since you prefer to stay 'under the radar', so to speak."

Shell walked up to Robert and put a bony hand on his shoulder. "I see. I wish you good luck in your...future works. I'm cheering you on...from the smallest corner of my heart." Shell took its hand off Robert, and walked down the alleyway, turned the corner, and was gone.

Once Shell disappeared, Robert took out a picture of a particular person. He looked at it deeply, wistfully, and then put it back in his pocket with the utmost care. "Someday, I'll save you. It's the least I can do, in this stupid twisted world." He clenched his fist, then walked his own way.

Though it's not clear if Robert was the one that did it, or exactly who did it, someone did graffiti that particular alleyway later with a phrase all in red:

GOTT IS TOT