Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 14: Shibuya Infinity

(Lolicons? Says the guy whose signature shows a little girl falling asleep from a secret camera in her room. :P Allow me to write this post in some RPG style since all I need to do is update Neechan.)

Amber encountered AL!

AL explained the event regarding Shell!

New flag appeared! Go with Aster to the Restaurant? (L. Nevermore Route)

>>>Accept/Decline?

*cough* 

"Come on, it will be fun. The people who don't want to come can try out some place else. Perhaps reporting to the police station without me?" Aster mused. Everyone sweatdropped. How many laws had Aster broken after having been barely 24 hours in Japan? 

He waited for people to decided where they wanted to go.

(>>>New flag added! Visit the Police Station. [Aeigo siblings route]).

*sigh* Alice...

----------------- 

"That wasn't a dream..." she muttered, slightly shivering from stepping out from the strangely hot water to an apparently normal morning. Shell was definitely real. She really wasn't the type to hallucinate, even though she feels like her head is going to explode sometimes because of her chaotic thoughts. The person who asked was Azura, who she now knew as the unknown person on the roof.

The conversation switched from that to the KID impersonator. She really didn't know what happened to him/her. Any human would die from that explosion, unless she really was hallucinating now and KID was a supernatural being. Oh right, I have to go to the police station to report...I don't know why I want to really go, though...

-----------------

<Selects "gets stuff and go to police station">

"Ok guys, I can drive to police station. So if you are interested to go there..." Aleksander said.

After 30 minutes they were on their way to the station. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I don't have anything in my mind. And get in the car!

"Do you guys think he/she's still alive?the girl asked after recounting her not-so dream dream, breaking the silence for the second time that morning. 

"Who?" Misaki asked. 

"The KID impersonator," she replied. "For all we know, he could still be. And the fact that he may still be out there, possibly planning his next move---it's unnerving. I'm afraid of what might happen if he plans to attack again. I think that the best thing we can do for now, when we don't really have any leads yet, is to find out more about this KID impersonator. Hopefully, through that, we might be able to figure out his next move. What do you guys think?"

"Well, I suppose Alice will be kind enough to take care of the wounded, but that will be all she does. In case someone suddenly has an inspiration they'll have to walk by themselves, victims to a shooting or not. If we are to find out more about KID's movements - of course they're alive the building still exploded - we could try going to the police, see if they've been warned of such a thing before since it was in the newspaper," the banana boy (what was his name? Wasn't he the one who took care of the bomb? So wouldn't he be Aster? Or would he be Mari? No wait, didn't she hear that one girl getting called Mari by the not-fully Japanese girl? She really needed to find out what everyone's name was) said as he began to pace the room. 

"I suppose you've all been fed and watered but I would like to gorge myself on junk food; I did run away from home after all," he said, surprisingly speaking in Japanese. Though it was definitely nice to know there was someone in the group who she could speak to without speaking in English. Wait, did he just say that he ran away from home? That doesn't sound very good. Maybe I should report it? Ugh, I don't even know anymore...

Alice (that was her name, right?) looked at him before taking some money out of her wallet. "Smaller change, convenient and stuff," she said.

Aster(?) took it before saying, "Anyone want to come with me? My treat, unless you're older than me. We could probably buy another newspaper too."

A pause. "Come on, it will be fun. The people who don't want to come can try out some place else. Perhaps reporting to the police station without me?"

"Ok guys, I can drive to police station. So if you are interested to go there..." Aleksander said.

"I will go to the police station," Misaki said. "After all, they may want the knowledge we have since we were in the explosion."

After gathering up everyone who wanted to come, they headed to the blond man's car and headed to the police station. It took them a bit of time due to the morning hour traffic, but eventually they made it. As they entered, the singer noticed a silver haired boy and a black haired girl, talking to a police officer. As she caught a glimpse of one of their faces, she said, "Wait, is that the Aeigos? What are they doing here?"

The confusion on the group's face made it clear she had spoken in japanese without thinking. "Ah, the people over there, I know them." she said. "Well, I kind of. We have met at several music related events, though we have never really talked. I am also a fan of their performances. But that is not important. We should find a police man to talk to about 109 Building.
"

(Oh, ok. When I looked at Mai's bio, I didn't see a specified hair color mentioned so I figured her and her bro had the same color. I'll fix that though. Thanks)

< restaurant group > :

When you walked through the doors of a certain fast-food restaurant, lo and behold, Kyoko Sasaki was sitting at one of the tables, eating french fries. As your group approached, she seemed to notice you, but still kept her attention on the fries. She grimaced and threw away a particular fry that appeared to displease her. After that little disposal, she gestured for your group to come.

The restaurant was eerily quiet. Nobody in your group dared to speak, and apparently the entire place was empty except for a few people manning the cashiers – none of whom you recognized. Then Kyoko began to speak, but then covered up a yawn with her hand. After that, she actually began to speak.

"I realize you are all in way over your heads." She shrugged, then began to inspect another french fry. "I understand that, but given my position, I can't just help you guys freely. But I'm pretty sure I can answer one question." She ate the fry, and then leaned forward. "Only one question. Ask wisely."

(Kyoko Sasaki's here, but Lilliam Nevermore appears to be on break. Otherwise she would be here, chatting to Kyoko.)

< police station group> :

"Not important," Chris remarked. "What an impertinent person you are." He turned away from the officer he was talking to, ignoring Mai's objections, and walked up right to Misaki. 

"W-wait a sec, big bro! That person is..." Mai called, but Chris raised a single hand to silence her. "Misaki." He took a glance at the rest of the group. "All useless. I've heard the news. You were there at the 109 Building that fateful night, trying to play hero."

"I suppose you're here to beg the police for help. Well, that's not going to happen. The police are just as stumped as you are, which is frankly embarrassing." He took the card from Mai, who just walked over to Chris's side, and showed it to the group. "This was the most recent KID card left at the scene. I doubt you can get anything that the police haven't, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to show it to you either."

Meanwhile, the police officer appeared to wander off somewhere, as if in a trance. Chris paid no attention, and Mai appeared to want to bring an issue to Chris's attention but was apparently too nervous.

"This city is no longer safe. Run away, far away," the card read. In neat, Japanese script.

(Well, something vaguely supernatural just occurred. Did Chris do something? ...Anyway, there's the card. And the siblings are ready to talk...kinda.)

(Please move all perspectives to this point. Thanks, guys!)

"Not important," she heard Aeigo-kun remark. "What an impertinent person you are."

He turned away from the officer he was talking to, ignoring Mai's objections, and walked up right to Misaki. Wait, did he-

"W-wait a sec, big bro! That person is..." his sister called out, trailing behind, before the violinist raised a single hand to silence her.

"Misaki," he said as took a glance at the rest of the group. I had forgotten how rude he is, regardless of his talent. 

"Aeigo-kun," she replied, knowing that showing the same disrespect he paid her would be a bad idea. "What a surprise to meet you here. I don't believe we've had the... pleasure of meeting outside of musical events."

"All useless," he said, speaking in English even after she had replied in japanese (likely for the benefit of her companions). Though to what he was referring to as useless was lost on her. "I've heard the news. You were there at the 109 Building that fateful night, trying to play hero."

"More forced into the role then anything," she said, switching back to English. 

"I suppose you're here to beg the police for help. Well, that's not going to happen. The police are just as stumped as you are, which is frankly embarrassing."

He took a card from Aeigo-san, who had made it to her brother's side, before showing it to the group. "This was the most recent KID card left at the scene. I doubt you can get anything that the police haven't, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to show it to you either."

"Thank you," the singer said as she took the card to read it. In crisp strokes, it said, "This city is no longer safe. Run away, far away."

"What does it say?" someone asked. 

After quickly translating it, she could hear another person mutter, "What does that mean..?"

Noticing Mai's nervous behavior, she asked, "Hey, are you ok Aeigo-san? You look a little jumpy."

(Mohovie you meanie now I'll have to change things :< ...if there were things to be changed going by how ambiguous you are. I'll have to post later~)

'So she must be one of the masterminds from the looks of it... One question...? Seriously? After involving us in such a situation? That must have been selfish of her. But coming out here all the way... she couldn't have just been to chat with us. Being way over our heads isn't a choice either... but definitely not as bad as watching from the sidelines, leaving the work to some strangers whom one has never even met.'

Amber stared down the girl who was eating her fries.

"You... "

'Who is this girl? What are her motives? What is going on? What are they planning? ...' Amber has so many questions to ask, but she can't decide which is the most important, so she continued to stare fiercely at the girl, wondering if it is appropriate for her to say anything.

Azura decided head for the restaurant. She didn't want to go anywhere near the police reason for certain reasons. The restaurant was surprisingly empty. Since it was almost lunch time, Azura half-expected it to be filled with people. However, it seemed that the only ones around were the cashier crew and a woman silently eating her fries. The woman gestured for them to come forward. The others seemed to know her and did so, and Azura followed.

The restaurant was filled with an eerie type of silence, which made her feel quite uneasy. Nobody in their group tried to speak, either. It seemed that none of them really knew how to start the conversation.

Azura was actually a bit glad when the woman began to speak, finally breaking the heavy silence that picked at her uneasiness. "I realize you are all in way over your heads." She shrugged, then began to inspect another french fry. "I understand that, but given my position, I can't just help you guys freely. But I'm pretty sure I can answer one question." She ate the fry, and then leaned forward. "Only one question. Ask wisely."

Only one question. Ask wisely. Azura knitted her eyebrows, thinking hard. She looked at the others; they were thinking hard as well. 

What's going on? What more is going to happen? Does she know about Shell? What is Shell? Where can we find Shell? Does she know what KID is up to? What's the reason for all that's happening? Who in the world is this woman? What does she know that we don't? How is she connected to what's happening? So many questions ran through Azura's head. If only there was some way she could fit all those questions into one. She didn't want to waste this opportunity to get information. 

Heavy silence filled the restaurant once again, occasionally broken by the faint sound of the woman's chewing. Azura looked at the woman, wondering if they really had to ask her the question right away, but refused to ask so. Azura pursed her lips. She wanted to consult the others, hoping they were able to come up with a good idea. 

Azura stared at a french fry, still brainstorming for questions.

"Ah, t-that policeman...umm, never mind," Mai finally said. She still looked like she had something else to say, but once again, she was too nervous to speak. She kept looking at the card Misaki had in her hands, then hiding her glance away.

(Oh, change of music, guys.

Song of choice: Re_Beautiful Morning

I like this track, do you?)

"Ah, t-that policeman...umm, never mind," Aeigo-san finally said after a moment's pause. What policeman?

Misaki looked over to where the policeman the siblings had been talking to had been, but saw that he had since wandered off. Huh. I wonder why, especially considering Aeigo-kun had abruptly left him to talk to me.

The girl still looked like she had something else to say, but it seemed her nervousness kept the words under lock and key. Noticing that she kept looking at the card Misaki had in her hands, then hiding her glance away, the singer said, "I assume you read the card. Do you have an idea what the message means?" She paused for a second as a realization hit her. "And how rude of me not to ask how you are. After all, it's been a while since we've last seen each other. Not since that event that Hayashi-san held a few months back, right? So how are you?"

"I-I-I'm fine! It has been a while!" Mai said in one outburst. She eyed the area nervously, as if she made a mistake. She crossed her arms in a defensive gesture and appeared like she was trying to make herself disappear.

"U-umm, what I think about the message K..." she began, then choked on what seemed to be "KID". "The message K-KID wrote?" she continued. "I-I-I thought it was like...he was trying to talk to someone? B-b-b-but I could be totally wrong!" She was positively withering. At this point, Chris cleared his throat. "So sorry to interrupt, but we were being chased by a mysterious individual before we made it to this police station."

As if on cue, a gunshot rang from behind your group, and the bullet passed right by Chris's head and ingrained itself into the nearby wall. As your group turned around, you saw a mysterious robed figure. Because of the brown robe, you found it impossible to discern the attacker's features. However, what you did notice was that the attacker was holding a gun. Mai immediately hid herself behind Chris, who turned to face the source of the voice. After a moment's pause, he grimaced. "Ah, you."

The figure shook, as if laughing, then took off the hood from its head, revealing a girl with short red hair and a wicked sneer. "Lilliam Nevermore, at your service." She pointed a finger at Chris, then opened her entire hand and spanned the entire group. "This is getting boring. I think I'll kill you all and end this." But before she could shoot again, another figure appeared behind Lilliam, and put a single hand on her shoulder. Lilliam spun around, revealing Shell, again in the skeleton girl form.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Lilliam finally exclaimed.

"Oh...don't mind me," Shell replied. "I'm...not here to stop you. Continue as you wish. I think this will be...interesting."

Lilliam grimaced, then recovered her composure and turned towards your group again, and took aim. Then she put down her gun and laughed. "Ha! I lie. I'm here to answer a few questions for you guys. But remember, there's a price for everything."

( :< )

"I-I-I'm fine! It has been a while!" Aeigo-san said, answering with a sudden crescendo. She eyed the area nervously, as if she made a mistake. Crossing her arms defensively, she said, "U-umm, what I think about the message K..."

She paused, then choked on what seemed to be "KID". "The message K-KID wrote?" she continued. "I-I-I thought it was like...he was trying to talk to someone? B-b-b-but I could be totally wrong!"

With hands flailing and face bright red, she quickly fell silent. Her brother cleared his throat. "So sorry to interrupt, but we were being chased by a mysterious individual before we made it to this police station."

"So-"

As if on cue, a gunshot rang out. Instinctively, Misaki jumped and moved as a bullet passed right by Aeigo-kuns's head and ingrained itself into the nearby wall. She turned around, seeing someone in a brown robe holding a gun. Aeigo-san immediately hid herself behind her brother, who turned to face the source of the voice. After pausing, he grimaced. "Ah, you."

"You know them?" the singer said, fear and shock running high in her body. How does he know the person with a gun?!

The figure shook, as if laughing, then took off the hood from their head, revealing a girl with short red hair and a wicked sneer. "Lilliam Nevermore, at your service." She pointed a finger at Chris, then opened her entire hand and spanned the entire group.

"This is getting boring. I think I'll kill you all and end this."

"W-What?!" she heard someone cry out. But before Lilliam could shoot again, another figure appeared behind her and put a hand on her shoulder. The redhead spun around, revealing a girl who looked very much like the skeleton man.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Lilliam finally exclaimed.

"Oh...don't mind me," the skeleton girl replied. "I'm...not here to stop you. Continue as you wish. I think this will be...interesting."

The woman grimaced, but recovered her composure and turned towards them. As she took aim, Misaki cowered, hoping that the bullet wouldn't hit anyone, but Lilliam put down her gun and laughed. "Ha! I lie. I'm here to answer a few questions for you guys. But remember, there's a price for everything."

First she shoots at us, now she's offering to give us answers to questions? What is with this woman? And where are all the police officers doing something about her? This is a police station for christ sake!

((Sorry, I've been inactive. I wasn't able to access my computer and in a short notice I forgot to inform you guys.))

Tsukiko frowned slightly. Something in situation was bugging her a lot. She just couldn't place a finger on it. Right now she had been at the police station with some others and talked with Chris and Mai Aiego. The boy obviously was looking down on them while the little girl seemed to be hiding something.

They got information about the latest KID's note though. The note was telling them to get out of the city.

And then this woman showed up. Lillian Nevermore. With a gun. And a skeleton girl did too after the woman had fired at them. At a police station. But now Lillian seemed to be willing to answer to some of their questions.

"Price? What sort of price?" Tsukiko found herself asking. She hoped the other group would get some information too in the case the price was something impossible. "For some reason I doubt it's money you are asking from us. Is it information then?"

Ari looked at a woman who pointed a gun on the other member. Ari kept his composure despite this stand-off.

Lilliam grimaced, then recovered her composure and turned towards your group again, and took aim. Then she put down her gun and laughed. "Ha! I lie. I'm here to answer a few questions for you guys. But remember, there's a price for everything."

Ari crossed his hands, "You didn't thought about Action/Reaction, right? What price?"

Aster did not know what to say to the girl in front of him, except that it was majestic that she ate fries without dipping them in the hideous food called ketchup. They only had one question though, which bored him. 

"Just one question...is horlicks better in original than chocolate?" Aster muttered to his fellow DCWers. They all blinked. "Well, the only other I can think of is when will Dengeki Daisy get an anime...Ah yes, how about asking why Alice's presence was enough to prevent Shell from killing us? I can't seem to make sense of that because I could take her down by myself..." He trailed off. The girls were shooting sharp glares at him.

"Whatever you're thinking will offend her more than it will me." Aster sighed. 

<restaurant group:>

"Shell?" Kyoko appeared genuinely confused when introduced to the name, but snapped her fingers in a gesture of recognition. "Ah, you're talking about that. So, they've been telling you to call them Shell. No wonder." She yawned, staring off into space. Then she remembered that she was asked a question, and appeared confused again. "Alice?" She paused, as if trying to recall the name. "I don't know why Shell does the things they do. I just know that once Shell has a goal in mind, they will resort to any means to accomplish it." She then switched to referring to Shell with singular pronouns, perhaps because only one Shell visited. "Since it didn't eliminate you back then, I would say that your elimination was not its primary objective. Now, I can't tell you what Shell's objective actually is, because that's classified information. I can tell you it has to do with the KID impersonator, though. So to answer your question, Alice's presence didn't stop Shell. Shell never planned to kill all of you."

"Speaking of the impersonator, you did an impressive job at the 109 Building incident. Though," and she looked out the window as she said this, as if trying to avoid your gaze, "there were quite a few casualties from that incident. None of it your fault, naturally." She turned back to face the group. "I hoped you were going to ask about the next KID impersonator incident, but I can only answer one question and I already answered Aster's here. Looks like you're going into this next one blind." She stood up, and walked out of the restaurant, leaving a few fries forming a cross on the tray she left behind.

<police station group>:

"Huh. You seem willing for information. Boring. But since you're being cooperative, here's a freebie to start." Lilliam grinned, then continued. "The next KID attack will take place at the Shibuya Crossing." Behind her, Shell made an odd noise, a cross between a sneeze and a sigh. "Oh, hush, you." Lilliam shoved Shell aside and then returned her attention to the group. "Well, if you want any more information, you will actually have to pay a price. For every question you ask, one of you," she says, gesturing to her gun. "That's my price. I think that's reasonable."

Lilliam had offered a hard bargain. For every question you asked, she would take one of your group. "Oh, I forgot. The person that asks the question...that's the person that I take. Do we have an agreement?" Lilliam notes. Behind her, Shell makes another odd noise, but this one had a hint of amusement.

"Is...there anything you want to know...that badly?" Shell asks. Once again, whenever Shell was around, everyone seemed to avert their gaze away from the incident. Don't count on any help.

Tsukiko glanced at the group next to her and then the woman in front of them. The offer was... how to say it... difficult. For every piece of information, their group would reduce in number.

The blonde took a one limping step forward. "I have a question."

Lilliam grinned, as if challenging the Finn's decision to be the first to inquire information.

"And yes, I'm certain about this. After all I'm injured and during the next course of events I'd be more likely a hindrance." Tsukiko answered to the silent question her companions were asking in their minds.

"We just got information about the most recent note from the KID impersonator. The note is telling people - or us - to leave the city. It's saying that it's dangerous here. Why's that? What is that we have to be careful of, making even this thief coming and warning us?"

Lilliam seemed a little taken back by the question. She answered: "That note isn't meant for you." She took aim at Finn and frowned, as if disappointed by the question. "I thought you'd ask something a little more interesting, a little more fun. Oh well." She fired, and the bullet traveled down a straight line right at Finn, spinning in a course for destruction.

But the bullet never hit Finn. When Finn opened her eyes, she found Shell standing in front of her. Shell was clutching its chest, but didn't appear to be in pain. Lilliam cursed, "Goddamnit you, why'd you mess it all up?!" She fired four more times, this time all at Shell, and Shell recoiled as each bullet hit its mark, but didn't make any outward appearances to be in pain. She tried firing again, only to realize that her gun had run out of shots. She cursed again and threw the gun on the street.

"Well...this scenario has gotten boring...rather fast," Shell finally said. "These people...are my prey, so I would rather...you leave them alone."

"Damn you, Reaper!"

Shell paused in response to the name. "Reaper...that's nostalgic...or is it?" Shell proceeded to walk forward, back to Lilliam's side, and, turning back to face the group, grabbed Lilliam's arm. Now that it had turned around, you realized that Shell did suffer damage from Lilliam's attack, but didn't appear to bleed. In fact, the bullet holes...appeared to dig into empty flesh.

"I hope you enjoyed...this little act. Oh...we will see each other again, under less...friendly circumstances. You are all at death's gate...or are you?" Then, Shell disappeared along with Lilliam, and everything went back to normal. Once you regained your senses, you may have realized that Chris and Mai had disappeared as well. Either way, what to do now?

(New objective: Gather at the Shibuya Crossing.

C.M. Robert will make his appearance eventually, and then...KID.)