Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 894-898 (Scarlet Series)

THIS THREAD is used to discuss about SPOILERSIn other words, if you only read the English version and wish to wait for the official release instead of getting spoiled, this is NOT the right place for you!

RULES OF THE SPOILER-ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD:

1. Any kind of spoiler involving the case (pictures, texts, information, full scans...) of any language that is released before the actual English version must be posted HEREThe English translations of the spoilers must also be posted here. Please DO NOT share them at the thread made for English-files readers only, in ANY form (NOT even in spoiler boxes).

2. Any kind of discussion involving the spoilers must be posted HERE. Please DO NOT reveal, give hints or talk about any information or event (that has not yet happened in the English releases) at the thread made for English-files readers only, in ANY form (NOT even in spoiler boxes).

3. Despite being a Spoiler-only thread, EVERY spoiler and discussion involving events that has not yet happened in the English releases STILL has to be put inside Spoiler boxes. When the mentioned file is officially released in English, this is not necessary anymore.

4. NO DIRECT LINK to Original Japanese scans (RAWs) or to ANY English manga scan because we don't want to have any problem with lawyers. (Japanese spoiler pictures are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very very far away from a full scan, like the ones we usually have).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

Or more manually:

Step 1: Click the "Special BBCode" icon at the upper-left side of the edit toolbar.
BBCode_zpsac60c013.jpg

Step 2: In BBCode, select "Spoiler".
Spoiler_zpsc5764e29.jpg

Step 3: Enter the text that you want to put inside Spoiler boxes, then click OK.

Text_zps4958fb14.jpg

ANYWAY, everyone should read this whole post carefully before posting or viewing anything. If you are mistaken for not paying attention to it, the creator of the thread, the moderators and every other forum members will NOT take any responsibility.

I have the feeling that Okiya is someone else in disguise (due to the mask), could be Yukiko or perhaps even Shinichi.
  • Upvote 4

I would scream of joy if Okiya is the real one,and not Yukiko or Yusaku in deguise.

For now I'm happy that Amuro made a more on Okiya.

But it seems like conan has planned something because Haibara saw him whispering something to Agasa,so I guess he called his parents for help.

Okay, quick breakdown based on knowing next to absolutely nothing....

Bourbon has figured out the fake death, and the concept of psychological manipulation has finally come up which is excellent news for me.

Vermouth however has decided to be a intentionally obstinate to force Bourbon to do some extra work, perhaps because she suspects Conan had a hand in this and doesn't want him or Shiho found out at all costs. Bourbon himself seems to have figured out that is Vermouth's motive because he thinks of Conan right after. So Bourbon heads over to Kudo's house because he remembered that someone from that house gave Conan that cellphone in the cat refrigerated delivery car case. (I can explain this in more detail if anyone asks)

Bourbon, or at least someone who appears to be Bourbon, finds someone who appears to be Okiya in a facemask. The facemask should be a huge red flag. Recall Conan used one to relay to Hattori his Shinichi voice at a distance. In short, the person who is Okiya's voice could be very far away ... perhaps even at an awards ceremony.

We have 9 adults we need to worry about right now who could possibly be in disguise:

These are Bourbon and Vermouth on one side....

And Shuuichi, Kir, Yukiko, Yuusaku, adult Shinichi, adult Shiho, and Masumi Sera. Mostly I would worry about the first four: Shuuichi, Kir, Yukiko, Yuusaku because I think adult Shinichi and adult Shiho are less likely to be involved, and Masumi knows nothing unless they dropped her in last minute. All four of those adults can speak English, and all four have the potential to imitate voices thanks to Agasa's inventions. Watch for high collars!

We could very well have a gambit where Yuusaku (or Yukiko) is home right now in disguise as Okiya, and he is linked to Akai (or Yukiko) who will be picking up the award as Yuusaku live on TV in America because they flew him overseas or something during the 24 hour lead-up time, and they will be exchanging lines about what to say. (Akai being overseas is potentially questionable because if Amuro does something dangerous they aren't really equipped to handle it) As for why anyone would do this plan, it keeps Akai away from Amuro and substitutes in someone who is less likely to respond to psych manipulation, because Yuusaku is a gamebreaker. Also because Okiya and Yuusaku have similar builds, it's possible Yuusaku could do Okiya with just a wig and glasses, making Okiya immune to a face pull.

Vermouth will definitely be hanging around in this and up to something. She might have even warned Conan in advance. Also Conan and Haibs are probably somewhere together, maybe next door at Agasas.

Yukiko is right handed. Yuusaku is ambiguous: he is rather ambidextrous and possibly right handed. Okiya we know is a lefty.

I'll post back if I come up with any better ideas.

• Upvote 3

in this chapter Bourbon is really proving himself as the best member of the black org! he is almost discovered everything...

and i don't think that Okiya is the real one, i mean why is he wearing a mask? maybe Okiya is Yukiko or Yusaku and they are wearing it to change their voices ;/ !

many questions in my head can't wait for chapter 895 *-*

• Upvote 2

@ Chek. We have 9 adults we need to worry about right now who could possibly be in disguise<<<<<

If we gonna include Sera, is it possible to include the middle brother (Shuukishi) as well?

Moreover

Having Heiji appear at the fullmoon case serves to distract Vermouth so its justified. Having someone pose as Yusaku at the ceremony while have him disguise as Okiya is just to trick readers.

@Below About to mention that full chinese is availble, as well as half the case for Japanese but.....

ENGLISH file is released!!!!!

The awards ceremony might not be live afterall. If they were live, that would mean they were taking place at 2 to 6 am if it is 6 to 10 pm in Japan. In that case maybe Yuusaku hauled back to Japan on a chartered flight. I don't think Yuusaku would be mentioned if he was not important, and I don't think Okiya would be wearing the facemask if there was not some sort of trick up his sleeve.

Ran might be suspicious again which is worrying. She might wander into this situation again.

• Upvote 3

can Bourbon be officially called a Black Organisation member? as he rearly wears black. infact he has more light colours and white including his car. There is something real different about him. i want to know why his skin is darker. And what Zero really means. is the two Zero characters used a difference between Japanese and Romanji? I think it might have something to do with him having a transparent chatacter and him working for the security dtp. He really is my favourite character with Heiji. for his smartness and boldness. but i cant help thinking its gonna lead him into a slight mistake.

• Upvote 1

Convo summary between Shadow, Akai Shuubaru, and me at DCTP's spoiler cbox

Part 1

The initial topic was "what Amuro needs to do to prove Okiya is Akai." We decided that Amuro would need to play a psychological game to see if he could trip up Okiya into doing or saying something that suggested he was Akai. Going in swinging was unlikely to help him, especially if Akai could overpower him. Forcing out characteristic phrases like his final lines to Kir using ironic process theory, or exploiting habits like handedness, hands in pockets, or his eyes are fair game. Amuro could also aim for a knowledge test on topics like Sera, the Mouri Murder case, or even the Mystery Train if Okiya' name was on the roster.

Ultimately though we seemed to reach a collective realization that Amuro going over to Okiya's place was giving an advantage to Okiya and not likely going to get the best results. It was also dangerous; Akai or Conan might attack him, which brings us to part 2...

Part 2

How is Amuro going to defend himself against Akai and Conan? What he needs is a dead man's switch. That is Amuro needs to inform Okiya in a way that only Akai can understand that if something happens to him, someone will die for it. Conan used a somewhat similar strategy against Vermouth with his heartbeat-linked broadcaster. The perfect targets for this would be Masumi or the Mouri agency, using bombs that go off after a certain time has passed or something similar. The real beauty is that if Okiya tried to act to protect them, then Amuro would know for sure that Okiya was Akai because he relayed the threat in a way only Akai would understand. Amuro could also try to rope Conan in as well in order to manipulate him because Conan has shown himself to be vulnerable to manipulation before.

While Amuro can play Okiya's game at the Kudo house for a while to see if he can score an easy victory, he can shift the field to something more favorable to him by using threats that require Okiya to have the knowledge of Akai or the fake death plan in order to understand and thwart them. Even better, Bourbon could set up psychological traps within the threat that would trick Conan or whoever else into favoring certain actions because they instantly come to mind after having done the fake death trick.

Tl;dr Amuro wants Okiya and Conan to play a special game.

• Upvote 2

@Chek: Can you explain how did Bourbon know that someone from Kudo's house gave Conan the phone in the delivery case? I know that he must have figured out that Conan got the phone from someone else (since Bourbon asked him to call the police, Conan's own phone must have run out of battery otherwise he wouldn't have had to leave the code to Bourbon), but how did he know it was from Okiya/someone from Kudo's house?

I’ll translate it.

new line: new bubble

A: “I’d like to talk for a little…”

A: “May I come inside?”

O: “Yes… As long as it’s only you…”

O: “I’m sorry, but I’d like your companions waiting outside to restrain themselves…”

O: “Since the number of tea cups I have…” tn: “I have” is my interpretation, literally it’s more like “that I’ll bring out”, but that sounds weird

O: “Doesn’t seem to be enough…”

A: “Please don’t mind them… They’re used to waiting outside…” tn: literally “like to” rather than “used to” but the latter sounds better

A: “But… Depending on your replies or actions…”

new page, not the next one

O: “Blood from the head…?”

A: “But, that too is a fake…”

A: “Because the shot man always wore a black knitted hat…”

A: “In this neighbor there seems to be a professor who made an invention that put to shame even the MI6…” tn: in Japanese, it’s phrased in such a way that Amuro is telling Okiya “you know that, right?” but I didn’t know how to reflect that in the English for a quick translation

A: tired of having to phrase it, he basically says “If you were to ask that professor, making a blank-shooting gun and some fake blood thingies to put under the black knitted hat would be easy…”

O: “So he asked that woman accomplice to point the blank-shooting gun to his head and shoot, is that it?

A: “No… the one to order to shoot him in the head was a man that was observing…” tn: sorry for weird phrasing

A: “They were expecting it… that the man observing would order for a killing blow…”

A: *thinking* “It seems like with Pisco it was the same, after all…”

O: “That man is quite good…”

O: “As if the protagonist of a spy novel…”

A: “But the one who thought of this plan was a different person…”

A: “As proof of that, that man, the moment he was shot, he muttered this…”

A: man, I would need to look up the Eng translation for the correct quote. You can go check that yourself.

A: “He said so…”

new page

C: “But,”

C: “I can’t believe it…”

C: “I mean, Akai touched that cellphone…”

C: “Before Mizunashi Rena was rescued, right?”

C: “They were expecting the order to kill Akai from back then!?” tn: basically saying they planned ahead unbeliavably well

J: “Yes…”

J: “For Shū, that much is…”

Conan: “Then I’ll lend you my cellphone for a while!”

Jodie flashback still: “I just got it from Conan, and now I’m holding onto it…”

J: “No…”

J: “It’s not Shū…”

Conan flashback, blabla

J: “Could this be…”

J: “Impossible…”

wow, it’s revealed that the whole thing was Conan’s plan and not Akai’s? What? This is weird.

C: “Eh?”

J: “I told you about it before, didn’t I?”

J: “That I ran into a weird glass-wearing man in the Beika Department Store…”

A: “Now it’s waiting for contact…”

A: “Currently, my partners are pursuing your friends in order to capture them…” “If it’s for life and death of your friends…” “I think that you will become sincere…”

A: “But if possible, I’d like you to remove that mask before we get contacted…” “Okiya Subaru-san…”

A: “No…”

A: “FBI investigator…”

A: “Akai Shūichi!”

Man, I got tired. I’ll finish it up later maybe.

Edit: Fujiwara from DCTP also made a translation:

File 895: Scarlet interrogation

p.2

[side note:] Bourbon harbors suspicions about Akai’s death … and arrives at the Kudou residence, where Okiya Subaru lives!

Amuro: I’d like to talk to you …

Amuro: Do you mind if I come in?

Okiya: Not at all … if it’s just you …

Okiya: I am very sorry, but I’ll have to ask your friends that are waiting outside to remain there …

Okiya: I fear I don’t have enough tea cups …

Okiya: To serve all of them …

Amuro: Don’t worry about it … They like waiting outside …

Amuro: But … it’ll depend on your answers and actions …

[…]

p.9

Okiya: Blood from the head … ?

Amuro: But that was faked as well …

Amuro: The man who was shot was always wearing a black knitted hat …

Amuro: And it seems like there’s a professor living in this neighborhood who invents gadgets that would put even MI6 to shame …

Amuro: If asked, he could probably easily have made a device that lets the user squirt out fake blood from the hat when a blank is fired ...

Okiya: So he had told that woman he was in cahoots with to aim for his hat when she was shooting the blank?

Amuro: No ... the man who was surveilling them ordered her to aim for the head ...

Amuro: They anticipated it ... That the man who was surveilling them would definitely want a headshot as the coup de grâce ...

Amuro (thoughts): It was like that with Pisco as well ...

Okiya: That’s quite the guy you’re talking about ...

Okiya: He sounds like the protagonist of a spy novel ...

Amuro: But the person who put together this plan was someone else ...

Amuro: This is proven by the words that man spoke when he was shot …

Amuro: “Who’d have thought that it would come to this …*”

[*TN: Could also be read as “I can’t believe the prediction was accurate to this degree” because the Japanese phrasing is super-vague.]

Amuro: Is what he said …

p.10

Camel: B-But really …

Camel: I can’t believe it …

Camel: I mean when Akai-san touched that phone …

Camel: That was before they rescued Mizunashi Rena, right?

Camel: So Akai-san already assumed that they would order her to kill him back then?!

Jodie: Indeed …

Jodie: In Shuu’s case that’s possible …

Flashback Conan: You can use my phone for a while, if you’d like!

Flashback Jodie: Conan lent this to me a little while ago …

Jodie (thoughts): No …

Jodie (thoughts): It wasn’t Shuu …

Flashback Conan: Ah, Jodie-sensei …

Flashback Conan: Good luck!

Jodie (thoughts): That …

Jodie (thoughts): Could it be?

[…]

p.15

Camel: Eh?

Jodie: I told you before, didn’t I?!

Jodie: About the guy with the glasses that I ran into in the Beika department store!

Camel: Sh--!!

SFX: *clack*

Amuro: I’m waiting for a call.

Amuro: At the moment my companions should be in the middle of cornering your friends. I think with your friends’ lives on the line, even you will answer truthfully …

Amuro: But if possible I’d like you to take off that mask before I get the call … Okiya Subaru-san …

Amuro: Or rather …

p.16

Amuro: FBI Agent …

Amuro: Akai Shuuichi!!

[Note:] Next issue: ‘Scarlet Return’

[Continued in SS #24]

• Upvote 4

Since the number of tea cups I have…”Doesn't seem to be enough…

Ok Not invite dangerous criminals into your house. Because you don't have enough teacup

As if the protagonist of a spy novel…”

Compliment yourself

Who is the person C.

I’ll translate it.

new line: new bubble

A: “I’d like to talk for a little…”

A: “May I come inside?”

O: “Yes… As long as it’s only you…”

O: “I’m sorry, but I’d like your companions waiting outside to restrain themselves…”

O: “Since the number of tea cups I have…” tn: “I have” is my interpretation, literally it’s more like “that I’ll bring out”, but that sounds weird

O: “Doesn’t seem to be enough…”

A: “Please don’t mind them… They’re used to waiting outside…” tn: literally “like to” rather than “used to” but the latter sounds better

A: “But… Depending on your replies or actions…”

new page, not the next one

O: “Blood from the head…?”

A: “But, that too is a fake…”

A: “Because the shot man always wore a black knitted hat…”

A: “In this neighbor there seems to be a professor who made an invention that put to shame even the MI6…” tn: in Japanese, it’s phrased in such a way that Amuro is telling Okiya “you know that, right?” but I didn’t know how to reflect that in the English for a quick translation

A: tired of having to phrase it, he basically says “If you were to ask that professor, making a blank-shooting gun and some fake blood thingies to put under the black knitted hat would be easy…”

O: “So he asked that woman accomplice to point the blank-shooting gun to his head and shoot, is that it?

A: “No… the one to order to shoot him in the head was a man that was observing…” tn: sorry for weird phrasing

A: “They were expecting it… that the man observing would order for a killing blow…”

A: *thinking* “It seems like with Pisco it was the same, after all…”

O: “That man is quite good…”

O: “As if the protagonist of a spy novel…”

A: “But the one who thought of this plan was a different person…”

A: “As proof of that, that man, the moment he was shot, he muttered this…”

A: man, I would need to look up the Eng translation for the correct quote. You can go check that yourself.

A: “He said so…”

new page

C: “But,”

C: “I can’t believe it…”

C: “I mean, Akai touched that cellphone…”

C: “Before Mizunashi Rena was rescued, right?”

C: “They were expecting the order to kill Akai from back then!?” tn: basically saying they planned ahead unbeliavably well

J: “Yes…”

J: “For Shuu, that much is…”

Conan: “Then I’ll lend you my cellphone for a while!”

Jodie flashback still: “I just got it from Conan, and now I’m holding onto it…”

J: “No…”

J: “It’s not Shuu…”

Conan flashback, blabla

J: “Could this be…”

J: “Impossible…”

wow, it’s revealed that the whole thing was Conan’s plan and not Akai’s? What? This is weird.

C: “Eh?”

J: “I told you about it before, didn’t I?”

J: “That I ran into a weird glass-wearing man in the Beika Department Store…”

A: “Now it’s waiting for contact…”

A: “Currently, my partners are pursuing your friends in order to capture them…” “If it’s for life and death of your friends…” “I think that you will become sincere…”

A: “But if possible, I’d like you to remove that mask before we get contacted…” “Okiya Subaru-san…”

A: “No…”

A: “FBI investigator…”

A: “Akai Shuuichi!”

Man, I got tired. I’ll finish it up later maybe.

Finished it. Read it and have fun.

Edit: also, tell me if you think I made any mistakes, I’m not really strong in the plot-understanding part, so I may have mixed up a few things (I don’t think I did though).

Edit2: User 4869: C: is Camel, can’t you see from the images?

I translated 895. my first attempt at typesetting so please excuse any mistakes :)

Mod note: Please don't link to full English scanlations of the manga file, text translations are fine. Nice typesetting btw!

• Upvote 6

I translated 895. my first attempt at typesetting so please excuse any mistakes :)

[Link removed by moderator.]

wow great translation!!!thanks a lot^^

I think the Subaru Okiya we see in this case is the one who was seen as right-handed (but who might end up to be ambidextrous in fact) and that Masumi Sera has met previously in the Kudo's house. Probably he was also the one who saved Masumi on the Belltree Express while Shuichi Akai appeared before Bourbon.

Meaning I highly doubt he is Yusaku Kudo since the right-handed Subaru discovered Conan's true identity during the case where he met Masumi Sera.