Detective Conan World
meitanteiconan

When will Detective Conan end?

191 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Conan will end?

I'm not sure about it but I heard that Gosho likes her voice actress so he keeps her in the story.

He only said he liked her voice actor, and that he chose her himself, iirc.

But i do think that the anime will end not a year after the manga but rather 2-4 weeks after the manga, simply cause everyone wants it to be animated as soon as they can

The AOs are not even decent to say the least

Nah, Conan ending would be the worst thing to happen for many Japanese, actually. 

The basic Japanese families don't want Conan to end. They watch the series every week since it began airing twenty years ago, it's one of their favorite shows, and it's deeply rooted in their culture.

The company which produces Conan, TMS, doesn't want Conan to end. Conan is one of their main source of income since 1996,and  the Detective Conan movies make way too much money to be ended. Conan is always the 5th, 4th or 3th most viewed show in Japan.

The Japanese women, who represent nearly 60% of the show's viewers, don't want Conan to end. The series always ranks on top of the "anime series the Japanese  women never want to see ending".

The editors and the Shounen Sunday don't want Conan to end. Conan is their best-selling series, and one of their main money income. Ending Conan in two years would be like killing the Sunday.

The movies make more and more money each year, and each movie since movie 16 has made more money than the last movie. And the main purpose of the Conan anime since 1997 is to advertise the movies. No DC anime, no movies (or at least no yearly movie). No movies, no money. And that's not the goal of the editors.

And not to mention Conan is a national icon, it's like Dragon Ball Z, it's too big to die. Everyone in Japan knows Conan. When the G8 summit took place in Japan, flyers with Conan on them were given to advertize the summit.

The main people who want the manga/anime to end are the non-Japanese fans, and the editors don't care about them-- Japan is their main market, and the money they make outside of Japan is only a bonus. That's why there are so many episodes about the Japanese culture, and why the DC anime can hardly be understood outside of Japan: the show's main goal, outside of advertising the movies, is to accompany the Japanese people in their everyday life. And the Japanese don't want this, to end.

So actually, when (or "if"?) Conan will end, its manga end will be advertised in the Shonen Sunday, in order to make more money than the years before, by hyping the fans. It's what the Shonen Jump did for Naruto. But even if the manga ends, the anime will probably continue, and add as much fillers as possible in order to postpone the "final" showdown in the anime. It's highly possible that the anime will continue even after the end of the manga as "flashback cases", because nearly no other anime which isn't already airing nowadays could do as good ratings as Conan. Even if Conan had a broadcast rating of 4%, it would still still be in the top 10 most watched animes.

• Upvote 1

Nah, Conan ending would be the worst thing to happen for many Japanese, actually. 

The basic Japanese families don't want Conan to end. They watch the series every week since it began airing twenty years ago, it's one of their favorite shows, and it's deeply rooted in their culture.

The company which produces Conan, TMS, doesn't want Conan to end. Conan is one of their main source of income since 1996,and  the Detective Conan movies make way too much money to be ended. Conan is always the 5th, 4th or 3th most viewed show in Japan.

The Japanese women, who represent nearly 60% of the show's viewers, don't want Conan to end. The series always ranks on top of the "anime series the Japanese  women never want to see ending".

The editors and the Shounen Sunday don't want Conan to end. Conan is their best-selling series, and one of their main money income. Ending Conan in two years would be like killing the Sunday.

The movies make more and more money each year, and each movie since movie 16 has made more money than the last movie. And the main purpose of the Conan anime since 1997 is to advertise the movies. No DC anime, no movies (or at least no yearly movie). No movies, no money. And that's not the goal of the editors.

And not to mention Conan is a national icon, it's like Dragon Ball Z, it's too big to die. Everyone in Japan knows Conan. When the G8 summit took place in Japan, flyers with Conan on them were given to advertize the summit.

The main people who want the manga/anime to end are the non-Japanese fans, and the editors don't care about them-- Japan is their main market, and the money they make outside of Japan is only a bonus. That's why there are so many episodes about the Japanese culture, and why the DC anime can hardly be understood outside of Japan: the show's main goal, outside of advertising the movies, is to accompany the Japanese people in their everyday life. And the Japanese don't want this, to end.

So actually, when (or "if"?) Conan will end, its manga end will be advertised in the Shonen Sunday, in order to make more money than the years before, by hyping the fans. It's what the Shonen Jump did for Naruto. But even if the manga ends, the anime will probably continue, and add as much fillers as possible in order to postpone the "final" showdown in the anime. It's highly possible that the anime will continue even after the end of the manga as "flashback cases", because nearly no other anime which isn't already airing nowadays could do as good ratings as Conan. Even if Conan had a broadcast rating of 4%, it would still still be in the top 10 most watched animes.

Writen well

I do agree that thei focus should be japan, but should creativity be pushed aside for that reason.

Dragon ball z i awesome cause akira didnt want it to go on forewer. Writing mistery is tough, and i dont want cases where some cat has gonne missing or some of those fiishing cases...just so they have a kvota.

Ya write a begining, midle, and end

I did not know about that sumit thing, thanks for that

I trust you have personal experience with Japanese viewers of the series, to make this statement that they don't want DC to end. Has there been polling? Do you have links to these numbers you're giving out?

The money reasons are a very reasonable conclusion to make, but, again, I said DC has a range of 2020-2035, and it could very well be that in 2020, DC will end with Volume 114–115, File 1,198–1,218, if the Fake Patient Case/Kir Transport Case is the halfway point of the series, as Shuichi Ikeda's line in Episode 500 seems to indicate. Who said DC was ending in two years? I certainly didn't.

There is no "if." Period. If Gosho lives and keeps Detective Conan going until he's 84 (the average life expectancy for Japanese men), then 2037 will be the end, for sure. And that's an extreme scenario. 

Don't forget Chiba! He was originally first introduced in movie 4!

From the wiki: ""Initially, he was introduced as a minor role in the 4th Detective Conan Movie, as well as with a minor cameo in The Final Screening Murder Case. He later takes more of a noticeable role throughout the series.""

Takagi was also introduced in an Anime Original episode (ep021) and is added in to a lot of of animated manga cases that he was not originally in, His first manga appearance was ch171 which is ep102-103. 

Azusa, the poirot cafe worker as well. she first appears in two tv original cases (ep152 and 207) and then was added into an animated manga case that she was not originally in, and then was added into the manga at ch438 which is ep350-351

There are probably a few more as well, but I can't remember

Thanks for the info, Jimmy—I knew Takagi was an ascended anime-original character, but I didn't know if Chiba was one or the other, and I didn't know about Azusa's origins, so thanks for clearing that up.

I do agree that thei focus should be japan, but should creativity be pushed aside for that reason.

Ah, I totally agree with you on this point, but if the editors didn't force Gosho a little bit, we would maybe never have had great characters like Vermouth, or great storylines. Their action is not entirely bad either.

And unlike in some countries in the world, manga is not considered an art in Japan. When manga artists go to countries like the US, Italy, France, Germany, etc., they're also surprised by the warm welcome they are given. In Japan, even if they are popular (which is Aoyama's case), they aren't really "artists", they are money-makers who must obey to whatever his editors say. That's sad, but that's how it work. And that's also why entirely blaming Gosho for what wasn't good in the Bourbon arc isn't that a great idea.

I trust you have personal experience with Japanese viewers of the series, to make this statement that they don't want DC to end. Has there been polling? Do you have links to these numbers you're giving out?

Yeah, I have searched for some polls.

"Conan is always the 5th, 4th or 3th most viewed show in Japan."

--> Top 10 most watched shows last week:

1) Sazae-san 13.1

2) Chibi Maruko-chan  8.4

3) Detective Conan  7.2

4) One Piece 6.9

5) "Tomoo" Anime Special 5.8

6) Dragon Ball Super 5.2

7) Yokai Watch 4.4

8) Go! Princess Precure 4.1

And Conan would be around 10.5 if we counted the people who record the show.

It's been like this since 1996. The ads before, inside, and after the episode produce a big income of money. This "golden" time slot would do worse ratings if Conan was replaced by another anime, so the broadcast company has no reason to do that. Keep in mind that Conan had a broadcast ratings of 10% when MK1412 aired before Conan. Conan was then the second most watched show in Japan.

"The Japanese women, who represent nearly 60% of the show's viewers, don't want Conan to end."

--> If you want to know who watches an anime series, you just have to look at the ads before, inside and after the episodes. On 10 ads who are broadcasted between the first part and the second part of an episode, 7 of them are going to be about dishwashers, gadgets to cook, etc.. These ones are intended to be for the Japanese women, which are an enormous part of the Detective Conan watchers.

In the Super Digest Books' polls "Who is your favorite character", Shinichi and Conan nearly always rank first. In SDB 40+, Shinichi had 601 votes, and Conan 535. On this top 10 "favorite character" poll, there are 7 men and 3 women. The men voted for Haibara, Ran and Masumi. It's also probable that women voted for Ran because some of them see themselves as Ran. As you can see in the anime, Ran is depicted as the perfect, responsible, kawaii, intelligent and sweet Japanese teenager. That's not for story purposes-- that's a way for the editors to make adolescent girls/pre-adult women like her. That's why on the SDB 50+ "Most kawaii Detective Conan character poll", Ran had 582 votes.

Even though Shinichi won in the SDB 40+ poll, it's usually Conan who wins the first place, because Japanese women find him cuter.

In the SDB 70+'s poll "Top 10 characters you want to date", there are 6 men characters. Shinichi and Heiji rank first, because the Japanese women voted for them (667 and 368 votes each). That's not a coincidence either if the most popular Conan cases are not the ones mystery-oriented (12 million hostages), but romance-oriented. Even in the SDB 70+'s poll for the "coolest case", the London Case was 4th.

In the SDB 80+'s poll "Top 10 characters you want to be married with", Shinichi, once again, was 1rst, with 2556 votes. 8 characters out of 10 were males. It's no surprised the ad in Japan in order to sell volume 87 was "The case were everything started... Shinichi and Ran's first meeting <3 <3<3"

There was a project called "Cool Japan" which was done by researchers which showed which series the Japanese want to get strangers to know in order to let them understand how cooll Japan is.

Conan was 9th, with 30% of the votes. Because the Japanese know that Conan is not just a mystery anime, it's also (and mainly) a Japanese national icon.

When female teenagers were asked "Which anime should be part of "Cool Japan" ?", Conan ranked 2nd, with 48% of the votes. It ranked 5th with 36% of votes among Japanese women in their forties.  Conan never once made it in the males top 5.

"Conan is the Shounen Sunday's source of income"

--> Conan is the best-selling series of the Shounen Sunday, selling more than 140 million volumes. Even after 80 volumes, it still sells 500 to 600.000 volumes, which is way better than most mangas. Without Conan, the Shounen Sunday, which sells less and less magazines each year, would (nearly) die.

"Conan is way too popular to end in the next years"

--> Even if the poll was done in 2000, Conan ranked 10th on the best animes of all time. Conan ranked 9th as best anime character.

In the 2005 TV Asahi poll, DC ranked 6th as best anime.

In a 2008 survey, when asked "Which anime character would you like to become", Conan ranked 5th.

In the 2012 "TokusatsuAnime Hero Poll", Conan ranked 6th as Best Male Hero, and Ran ranked 16th as Best Female Hero.

I said DC has a range of 2020-2035, and it could very well be that in 2020, DC will end with Volume 114–115, File 1,198–1,218, if the Fake Patient Case/Kir Transport Case is the halfway point of the series, as Shuichi Ikeda's line in Episode 500 seems to indicate.

Erm, wasn't Ikeda talking about the Clash of Red and Black? Gosho never knew how many years his manga would run, that's why he invented the story while drawing it. Since he doesn't have many meetings with the production team, and since even if the series was halfway through he wouldn't tell anybody, there's no real reason why we should take what Ikeda said in episode 500 seriously. Not to mention that several changes occured in the storyline after the Clash of Red and Black. The editors extended DC by telling Gosho to put a female detective-- which led to the Serakai Family "Arc". By just asking for a new character, they managed to extend Conan maybe three years that what was planned, so the 500 "hint" isn't really valid anymore.

When episode 500 came out, I don't remember anyone saying "Oh, that means Conan is halfway through!". It was interpreted as a hint that the Clash of Red and Black was going to be finally over, because that's what the Japanese were asking themselves. They don't care for the main storyline, many don't even know that Conan is actually Shinichi Kudo.

Who said DC was ending in two years? I certainly didn't.

You didn't, I just said that the Shounen Sunday would die if Conan ended in the next few years. :)

There is no "if." Period. If Gosho lives and keeps Detective Conan going until he's 84 (the average life expectancy for Japanese men), then 2037 will be the end, for sure. And that's an extreme scenario.

Yeah, but we aren't talking about the same thing. If you're talking about the manga, yes, it will end. But Detective Conan as a franchise? Nah;

I said that because of what Balthazar said earlier, that the production team would adapt the manga's end as soon as it will be out. The Conan manga will be finished one day, but when it'll be finished, the anime will probably continue forever. With only filler flashback episodes, and remastered/re-runs. There will be new Tokubetsu Hen volumes, new movie adaptations... because it makes too much money.

My thinking is that if the editors don't mess with Gosho's story again, the Rum Arc could be 5 years long, and then, another 5 years long arc. That makes Conan ending between 2025 and 2030. But if they decide to mess up again with what Gosho had planned, it could go on until 2035/2040, as you said.

Ah, I totally agree with you on this point, but if the editors didn't force Gosho a little bit, we would maybe never have had great characters like Vermouth, or great storylines. Their action is not entirely bad either.

And unlike in some countries in the world, manga is not considered an art in Japan. When manga artists go to countries like the US, Italy, France, Germany, etc., they're also surprised by the warm welcome they are given. In Japan, even if they are popular (which is Aoyama's case), they aren't really "artists", they are money-makers who must obey to whatever his editors say. That's sad, but that's how it work. And that's also why entirely blaming Gosho for what wasn't good in the Bourbon arc isn't that a great idea.

Yeah, I have searched for some polls.

"Conan is always the 5th, 4th or 3th most viewed show in Japan."

--> Top 10 most watched shows last week:

1) Sazae-san 13.1

2) Chibi Maruko-chan  8.4

3) Detective Conan  7.2

4) One Piece 6.9

5) "Tomoo" Anime Special 5.8

6) Dragon Ball Super 5.2

7) Yokai Watch 4.4

8) Go! Princess Precure 4.1

but the editors is one thing, im not so sure they had to sit down and talk to him about running the manga this long

this might just been his plan all along. gosho didnt believe that dc would be so popular and thought it would get canceled shortly

there is a lot of pointless stuff later on

i also have read this before

its no make up stuff, it is as the numbers say

also DB super is 6th with that score...in japan...wow

Erm, wasn't Ikeda talking about the Clash of Red and Black? 

When episode 500 came out, I don't remember anyone saying "Oh, that means Conan is halfway through!". It was interpreted as a hint that the Clash of Red and Black was going to be finally over.

Clash of Red and Black—Manga/Anime: Files 585–590, Files 595–609/Episodes 491–504. Episode 500 was the anime adaption of Files 603–604. Episode 500 is Episode 10 out of the 14 that comprise Clash, while Files 603 and 604 were the 15th and 16th files out of the 21 that comprise Clash. Episode 500/Files 603–604 are not the halfway mark of Clash of Red and Black. Again, Shuichi Ikeda said: "We're just passing the midpoint." If this isn't about the series, itself, then what's it doing here? Why did the anime staff even have him say that if they didn't know when DC was going to end? Wouldn't it have been better for him not to say such a thing, if they didn't know? And, yet, they had him say that.

As for the rest of your post... well, at least I know more about Detective Conan in Japan, so thanks for the info!  ^_^

Clash of Red and Black—Manga/Anime: Files 585–590, Files 595–609/Episodes 491–504. Episode 500 was the anime adaption of Files 603–604. Episode 500 is Episode 10 out of the 14 that comprise Clash, while Files 603 and 604 were the 15th and 16th files out of the 21 that comprise Clash. Episode 500/Files 603–604 are not the halfway mark of Clash of Red and Black. Again, Shuichi Ikeda said: "We're just passing the midpoint." If this isn't about the series, itself, then what's it doing here? Why did the anime staff even have him say that if they didn't know when DC was going to end? Wouldn't it have been better for him not to say such a thing, if they didn't know? And, yet, they had him say that.

As for the rest of your post... well, at least I know more about Detective Conan in Japan, so thanks for the info!  ^_^

The Clash Of Red And Black as a series did begin on episode 491, but it was only until episode 494 where the clash between the FBI and the BO really began, before it was just normal cases with Eisuke, so maybe that's what they meant.

The Clash Of Red And Black as a series did begin on episode 491, but it was only until episode 494 where the clash between the FBI and the BO really began, before it was just normal cases with Eisuke, so maybe that's what they meant.

Episode 495/File 595, actually. If we do it like this, then Episode 500/Files 603–604 would be 6 Episodes out of 10 and Files 9 and 10 out of 15. Shuichi Ikeda said, "We're just passing the midpoint." 6 out of 10 and 9 and 10 out of 15 are already past the midpoint. 

Episode 495/File 595, actually. If we do it like this, then Episode 500/Files 603–604 would be 6 Episodes out of 10 and Files 9 and 10 out of 15. Shuichi Ikeda said, "We're just passing the midpoint." 6 out of 10 and 9 and 10 out of 15 are already past the midpoint. 

Oh yeah, it was 495, still, it doesn't really have to be so specific, but I really doubt it is referring to the anime, there is no way they could've calculated how long it would be at that point.

Oh yeah, it was 495, still, it doesn't really have to be so specific, but I really doubt it is referring to the anime, there is no way they could've calculated how long it would be at that point.

Exactly. The animation staff didn't know at that time, and probably still don't, how many years the series would continue. The editors didn't know either. Gosho didn't know either, he just kept writing the scenario of the series as he was drawing it. Sera wasn't planned in Gosho's mind, he had to add many cases in order to let her incorporate the main storyline.

That's why he never answers the questions about Conan's length, may it be when he was asked in the first Super Digest Book, or in the last one.

A few years ago, Gosho was saying that the manga will not exceed 100 volumes. Starting from 2013 or so, he started saying that it could exceed 100 volumes. So even if what Ikeda said in episode 500 was true at that time, it may have become false. So claiming that the series will end between volume 114 and 115 just because of that one non-canon line Shuuichi says at the end of one episode is a bit far-fetched. ^^"

• Upvote 1

Another poll not mentioned by Startold was done a few years ago asking the general japanese population which manga series they would most like to never see end. The results were then seperated by gender :

Men :

1.  KOCHI KAME 『こちら葛飾区亀有公園前派出所』 25.3%
2.  ONE PIECE 『ONE PIECE』 20.2%
3.  DETECTIVE CONAN 『名探偵コナン』 16.0%
4.  HUNTER x HUNTER 『HUNTER×HUNTER』 5.9%
5.  HAJIME NO IPPO 『はじめの一歩』 5.1%

Women :

1.  DETECTIVE CONAN 『名探偵コナン』 22.5%
2.  ONE PIECE 『ONE PIECE』 18.7%
3.  KOCHI KAME  『こちら葛飾区亀有公園前派出所』 16.2%
4.  NANA 『NANA』 10.7%
5.  KIMI NI TODOKE 『君に届け』 9.1%

Sadly the site that did the poll closed and changed interface (http://cobs.jp/enquete/realranking/2011/01/22_1.html). Maybe you can find it on the new website, not sure though.

Another poll not mentioned by Startold was done a few years ago asking the general japanese population which manga series they would most like to never see end. The results were then seperated by gender :

Men :

1.  KOCHI KAME 『こちら葛飾区亀有公園前派出所』 25.3%

2.  ONE PIECE 『ONE PIECE』 20.2%

3.  DETECTIVE CONAN 『名探偵コナン』 16.0%

4.  HUNTER x HUNTER 『HUNTER×HUNTER』 5.9%

5.  HAJIME NO IPPO 『はじめの一歩』 5.1%

Women :

1.  DETECTIVE CONAN 『名探偵コナン』 22.5%

2.  ONE PIECE 『ONE PIECE』 18.7%

3.  KOCHI KAME  『こちら葛飾区亀有公園前派出所』 16.2%

4.  NANA 『NANA』 10.7%

5.  KIMI NI TODOKE 『君に届け』 9.1%

Sadly the site that did the poll closed and changed interface (http://cobs.jp/enquete/realranking/2011/01/22_1.html). Maybe you can find it on the new website, not sure though.

Off topic: What is Hunter x Hunter doing there? How could anyone not want it to end.

The poll was done in early 2011. Maybe you'd get a different result today ? I don't follow HxX, has it changed for the worse ?

Last year he returned, did 9 amazing chapters, then went to another hiatus, he only did 57 chapters in the last 6 years.

Exactly. The animation staff didn't know at that time, and probably still don't, how many years the series would continue. The editors didn't know either. Gosho didn't know either, he just kept writing the scenario of the series as he was drawing it. Sera wasn't planned in Gosho's mind, he had to add many cases in order to let her incorporate the main storyline.

That's why he never answers the questions about Conan's length, may it be when he was asked in the first Super Digest Book, or in the last one.

A few years ago, Gosho was saying that the manga will not exceed 100 volumes. Starting from 2013 or so, he started saying that it could exceed 100 volumes. So even if what Ikeda said in episode 500 was true at that time, it may have become false. So claiming that the series will end between volume 114 and 115 just because of that one non-canon line Shuuichi says at the end of one episode is a bit far-fetched. ^^"

Even so, why is it even there? Why would they put something like that there if they considered how things may change in the future?

It's no more far-fetched than every other speculation on when DC will end...  -_-

You read my post, right? It could very well be that DC will end in June, 2020, given the possibility that Files 599–609/Episodes 498–504 are the halfway point of the series, given Shuichi Ikeda's comment at the very end of Episode 500: "We're just passing the halfway point."

There's really no way the animators could've known that beforehand. Gosho isn't showing any signs of stopping any time soon, and the whole halfway point spiel was so vague it couldn't possibly be an indication of when Gosho will finish writing the series. If Gosho specifically told the animators that episodes 489-504 would be the halfway point, he'd have to adjust how he releases the files based on the anime, which really limits how many files he can put out. It'd be completely backwards. The manga controls the anime output; not the other way around.

"We're just passing the halfway point" could mean anything, really.

Also, if Ikeda was actually referring to the series' halfway point, he'd be breaking the fourth wall.

And if you think about it, DC is huge in Japan. Gosho is going to stop when he wants to. He's not going to run out of material since he can always recycle old cases. He's been doing this for nearly 20 years. DC is a cash cow. Why limit the amount of output based on one line in the anime?

How long will you give DC before you say, "I'm out."?

I'll give it a few years.

But at the rate at which things are going, I'll die of old age before he finishes writing the series.

There's really know way the animators could've known that beforehand.

I'll say it again—even if you're right, why is it even there? Why would they put something like that there if they considered how things may change in the future?

It's no more far-fetched than every other speculation on when DC will end...  -_-

But at the rate at which things are going, I'll die of old age before he finishes writing the series.

:rolleyes:

You're probably joking, but I'll say this if you're not:

Gosho Aoyama is 52. Odds are, he'll live for another 30 years, maybe even just 20, or as much as 40. Odds also are you'll outlive him. Most extreme-case scenario is he'll die before finishing the series. 

Well, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with this part, seeing as how any speculation on when the series will end is "out there" as it is, especially when it's extremely specific.

For me, I'd like to see what revelations will come out of the Rum arc since it revolves around someone close to the boss. We could be closer to a conclusion than we think. On the other hand, we might have to deal with even more character introductions, their developments, their love stories, other's love stories, etc. I mean come on, when is Yamamura gonna reunite with his childhood sweetheart, you know we're overdue  :P

>fixed the typo in my previous post because it was really bothering me

I'll say it again—even if you're right, why is it even there? Why would they put something like that there if they considered how things may change in the future?

it's probably there just to stir up the fanbase.

...and I never mentioned anything about other speculations having more merit.

You're probably joking, but I'll say this if you're not:

Gosho Aoyama is 52. Odds are, he'll live for another 30 years, maybe even just 20, or as much as 40. Odds also are you'll outlive him. Most extreme-case scenario is he'll die before finishing the series. 

it was a joke, lol

If you're talking about the manga, yes, it will end. But Detective Conan as a franchise? Nah;

I said that because of what Balthazar said earlier, that the production team would adapt the manga's end as soon as it will be out. The Conan manga will be finished one day, but when it'll be finished, the anime will probably continue forever. With only filler flashback episodes, and remastered/re-runs. There will be new Tokubetsu Hen volumes, new movie adaptations... because it makes too much money.

Nothing lasts forever—eventually, a certain generation of anime watchers will come along who aren't interested, and the anime will end. Who's to say where anime will be when we're Gosho's age?

I really want the present BO arc to end, though I hope that the manga continues for some more time. Maybe Gosho should introduce a new arc/ problem after the BO one.
I believe that's what most fans want when they say they want it to end but they don't want it to end, including me.