Detective Conan World
meitanteiconan

When will Detective Conan end?

191 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Conan will end?

Wish the poll had exact year alternatives so we could see what year most us are anticipating...I personally am going for the 3 years alternative, but hopefully Gosho won't drag it any longer than that. Maybe he'll get inspired by the fact that Naruto is finally ending. Otherwise I hope he's got the ending in his will because you never know how many natural disasters are going to take place in Japan in the next 3 years...

The thing is, what I believe is holding back Gosho from finishing DC is that many mysteries hasn't still been cleared. You'll notice in his interview that he plans to reveal many more things that look unresolved and it'll look bad if it's not evenly spread out in the future.

I mean if we end it now or in a year, it'll look like an abrupt ending. (Imagine that the BO's boss is suddenly revealed next week without warnings then Ai finally found an antidote the week later then then the week later Gin and Everyone else is caught) I think what Gosho is trying to do now is build up to the climax by throwing in revelations in here and in there, which he never did before, and then do the Ending Arc.

I can feel that DC is ending soon but that soon is I dunno lol. I'm gonna stick to 2+ years before the Pre-Ending Arc starts.

Yea true.. xD but let's hope it's not too soon!

Around which episode (anime since I'm not really keeping up with the manga) do you all think Detective Conan will end?

Maybe 700..? 800..?

Not 1000.. tongue.gif

Although it'd be really interesting... If it DID go up til 1000, that episode is going to be a really special one! Maybe it would be an episode where all the main characters come together and fight..

It would be really good to have all the characters including the men in the Black Organization and Shinichi's parents coming together in one episode. How exciting!  :lol:  :lol:

Aoyama or his editors or the anime company would try to drag it out for as long as they can. He originally planned it to be only 3 months long, but his editors must've changed his mind. He's also stated in an interview he like DC because it gives him money (probably a joke though). The anime company was known for heavily altering some of the early BO-related episodes, just to stretch it out a but more. So, for all we know, it'll be another 10 years.

I voted for 2 years, but hopefully, it will last longer, since I've just became a fan of the series back in May of this year. I've heard that Gosho is thinking about retiring soon, though he's thinking about completing the series while he's still apart of production, There are certain rumours around the internet saying that he might leave the series in another member's hands. I'm not sure how that will work out, since I have no clue what they are going to do with the manga. But these are just rumors, so it is not certain that this will happen.

But who knows? By what kirsch said might be ture, it'll probably be another 10 years until Detective Conan is completed, considering how large the fanbase is.

• Upvote 1

its a drag already

if he does not ended in 3 years tops, im leaving it 

Yeaa, I gotta agree with you there. Never got the "More to DC than the BO" line from people...

It's getting stale at this point.

i generally dont mind if a show is long ( 10 year, 300 episodes or so), some have to have a longer story... a bit, but from the looks of this DC will exceed 1000 episodes and files

and most of his later work is nonsense ( re-polished cases, drag-outs, and no ideas ) and the anime team with their AOs is killing you mentally 

ALL predictions mad by y'all turned out to be fake!! Hope all future predictions are false too and conan lives forever until I m buried!!

But then that means you'll never see the ending...

What do you mean?

like you said

he will be dead before the show ends

but does it seem to any of you how the anime is getting closer to the manga like they talked to gosho and kinda want the anime to be as much close to the manga finale. Rather then waiting a year maybe near the end they will be like a month apart 

Honestly, at this rate, I won't be surprised if it goes for another 10-13 years, around chapter 1500, there are still many unresolved plots already, but I don't mind it, more DC means more enjoyment to me.

Does anyone click on 'never' option???

I'm very surprised from stuff like this.... how fuck  do you to think that conan manga and anime  never end?  

Gosho recently said about a good final and he said DCMovie20 content will be a super case about BO too, therefore is not possible to think to a thing like this..

So, imho until to 99, then, at 100, stops and release end

I just hope theyll end it in Chapter 1000. That would be epic. Since it's already "nearing it's climax". A good 4-5 cases + a lot of BO vs. Conan development would be nice. 1 chapter for the finale is enough for me. I don't think Gosho would extend it after the final showdown of Conan and BO so maybe the finale is like a narration of 

(hypothetical general conclusions)

1. Ai finds a permanent antidote for aptx

2. Ran x Shinichi

3. Heiji x Kazuha

4. Eri x Mouri

5. Ai stays as child

6. Eisuke-Hondou conclusion

7. Akai family conclusion

Guess I am the only one who is tired of these small cases. I will just glance through without giving much thought.

I guess hope there will be more focus on BO instead. This pace is dragging way too slow. One thing is for sure, it will be epic.

I think 5 years is a pretty healthy prediction.

After that, maybe a different manga with the same characters - Life after BO, depicting how Shinichi got recruited into FBI (an obasan can dream right?), more focus on romance (ShinXRanXHaibara love triangle maybe), and so forth.

Or maybe even a Detective Boys spin-off - High School Edition.

I'm just saying. :x

Now that Gosho's about to get back on track, in terms of the frequency of files released, it should take him 1-2 and 1/2 years to reach File 1000, and 3-4 years to reach Volume 100, given my calculations on how long it takes him to write 100 Files and how long it takes him to write 13 Volumes. Given that the Rum arc may last longer than 3-4 years, I wouldn't say File 1000 or Volume 100 is when Detective Conan will end. My earliest prediction is 2025, and my latest is 2035. If it ends before 2025, I'd be very surprised.

Since I believe Detective Conan is going to surpass 100 Volumes, it stands to reason that it would become only the 21st manga series to do so (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_manga_series_by_volume_count), if the series ahead of it stay ahead. The oldest manga, Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo, has 194 Volumes and 1,873 Files, and began in September, 1976—only the top 14 have reached 100 Volumes, as of right now, and only the top three in the list have more than 150 Volumes.

The youngest mangaka is 48, the oldest is 79, and most of the writers of the top 21 series are in their late 50s to late 60s. Japan has the highest life expectancy in the world by county, with women living to 87 (the highest, in terms of women's life expectancy) and men living to 84 (the 5th-highest, in terms of men's life expectancy). Going by this, it could stand to reason that many of the longest-running mangas will end within the next 10-30 years, depending on how many exceed the average male life expectancy.

Detective Conan is not going to go on forever—everything has its end, whatever the cause of that end may be.

Now that Gosho's about to get back on track, in terms of the frequency of files released, it should take him 1-2 and 1/2 years to reach File 1000, and 3-4 years to reach Volume 100, given my calculations on how long it takes him to write 100 Files and how long it takes him to write 13 Volumes. Given that the Rum arc may last longer than 3-4 years, I wouldn't say File 1000 or Volume 100 is when Detective Conan will end. My earliest prediction is 2025, and my latest is 2035. If it ends before 2025, I'd be very surprised.

Since I believe Detective Conan is going to surpass 100 Volumes, it stands to reason that it would become only the 21st manga series to do so (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_manga_series_by_volume_count), if the series ahead of it stay ahead. The oldest manga, Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo, has 194 Volumes and 1,873 Files, and began in September, 1976—only the top 14 have reached 100 Volumes, as of right now, and only the top three in the list have more than 150 Volumes.

The youngest mangaka is 48, the oldest is 79, and most of the writers of the top 21 series are in their late 50s to late 60s. Japan has the highest life expectancy in the world by county, with women living to 87 (the highest, in terms of women's life expectancy) and men living to 84 (the 5th-highest, in terms of men's life expectancy). Going by this, it could stand to reason that many of the longest-running mangas will end within the next 10-30 years, depending on how many exceed the average male life expectancy.

Detective Conan is not going to go on forever—everything has its end, whatever the cause of that end may be.

i hate your reasoning

you know why

why would he do this 

doesnt he know it kills the love for it 

also 5 years is enough for a wrap up

i hate your reasoning

you know why

why would he do this 

doesnt he know it kills the love for it 

also 5 years is enough for a wrap up

I haven't heard of many questions directed at Gosho during interviews and the digest books that question/criticize his choices, so he may not know... but since I don't believe he's kept the series going for this long only so he and Shogakukan can make more money, he must have a story reason for keeping the series going.

If he really picks up the pace, then its conceivable it could end in 5 years... honestly, though, speculation and guesswork is all we have, in terms of what's next for the series... we do know that Amuro's true allegiance was hinted as far back as Volume 77, and the Mysterious Child was hinted in Volume 81 (Masumi takes picture of Shinichi/Conan, then, in Volume 83, he gets a picture of Masumi and the Mysterious Child... I don't think that was coincidence)... but when is he going to begin unleashing revelations? Your guess is as good as mine.

With my previous post, I was just trying to set a date range, while speaking on the state of the longest mangas. For your sake, and the sake of those whose love of the series has been diminished by the Bourbon arc, I hope it does end when you hope, in 5 years, or so. I may be able to wait 10 years... but that's me—people with my kind of patience are in the extreme minority.

I haven't heard of many questions directed at Gosho during interviews and the digest books that question/criticize his choices, so he may not know... but since I don't believe he's kept the series going for this long only so he and Shogakukan can make more money, he must have a story reason for keeping the series going.

If he really picks up the pace, then its conceivable it could end in 5 years... honestly, though, speculation and guesswork is all we have, in terms of what's next for the series... we do know that Amuro's true allegiance was hinted as far back as Volume 77, and the Mysterious Child was hinted in Volume 81 (Masumi takes picture of Shinichi/Conan, then, in Volume 83, he gets a picture of Masumi and the Mysterious Child... I don't think that was coincidence)... but when is he going to begin unleashing revelations? Your guess is as good as mine.

With my previous post, I was just trying to set a date range, while speaking on the state of the longest mangas. For your sake, and the sake of those whose love of the series has been diminished by the Bourbon arc, I hope it does end when you hope, in 5 years, or so. I may be able to wait 10 years... but that's me—people with my kind of patience are in the extreme minority.

but doesn't it seem to you that the borbon arc is exactly like kir arc with some of the details changed

so not only is he rewashing cases but arcs as well just to keep it going 

but doesn't it seem to you that the borbon arc is exactly like kir arc with some of the details changed

so not only is he rewashing cases but arcs as well just to keep it going 

Thought that the complaint was the Bourbon arc was a rehashing of the Vermouth arc. You're probably referring to the fact that the titular characters of the past two arcs (Kir and Bourbon) turned out to be disloyal spies infiltrating the BO.

The Rum arc certainly doesn't seem like rehashing, to me... unless you've seen something I haven't.