Detective Conan World
meitanteiconan

When will Detective Conan end?

191 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Conan will end?

Truthfully, i cant think how much time it is gonna take...

But if he plans to end it, he shouldnt hurry at all..!!! The thing that has kept us binded to this series is the decent pace of it along with the ups and down of life of the characters... 

It is going to be 20 years..! All this time DC has built up its fame, we are the biggest proof of it..! But we cant just expect it to end abruptly... I say, Gosho-sensei takes all the time in the world to tie the loose ends, but it just shouldnt end in a hurry that we have to face a lil dissapointment in the end...

I love the series, don't get me wrong. But I want it to end soon. It has gone on far too long. Many volumes and episodes constantly show irrelevant episodes with no connection to the series plot. I have the feeling that they have swayed away from the series main plotline. Conan is constantly doing other things rather than finding the BO members. I wan't it to end so we can finally have closure instead of being in "Limbo".

Detective Conan is now like Spongebob, Simpsons, Family Guy, etc. They were great and interesting in the first few seasons but later the plotlines changed massively and the franchises have overstayed their welcomes. Too much is too much imo.

If they end it, they don't have to "end" the series entirely. They could just end the main plotline. If they could make Conan finally track down the BO boss, get the antidote, go back to being Shinichi and confess to Ran, they could continue after that with their random stories they keep doing. I simply want them to complete what they started. I have waited since 2004 to get the conclusion.... 

Conan finally grows up into Shinichi (17 year old Conan!!) and Ran is like 28 by now. Ran eats the poison. Ran shrinks to 17 years old.

They marry and live happily ever after.

WAD

• Upvote 1

im on the fence a bit

i want to see it all come to a closure (BO is taken down, all couples get together especially Shinran ^-^) but i don't want it to end.

Before the closure i want to see more cases with the BO and more cases that raise the stakes for our characters. most of the cases we get, the characters have no risks, there are never life and death situations (except a few and BO cases), its just 3 suspects, Conan figures out who it is then uses kogoro to share his deduction.

I don't like the idea of having Conan permanently return to being Shinichi and continuing the series like that. The series is called 'Detective Conan'. When Conan stops existing, the series is over. The end, no more. Even if Shinichi and Conan are the same person. There are enough high school detectives in the series, and while Conan is technically one of them, he's still in the body of a child. It's different enough.

Honestly (though this is entirely my opinion), I'm not interested in following a series with Shinichi permanently back at all. Conan being... well, Conan, is what makes this series interesting to me. I don't care at all for Ran and Shinichi's relationship, so uh... pretty much when Conan's gone, I'll stop reading even if the series continues, haha. Unless he permanently turns back before the Black Organization's downfall, as I'd like to see how that goes down, but I can't really see a permanent antidote being made before then.

As for the topic question, next five to ten years, I guess. Even though I don't want it to end at all, it'll have to some day.

I think the Detective Conan will reach episode 1000 according to the last minutes of the episode 500 after the detective conan's hint. Shuichi Akai said that DC reached its midpoint, meaning there will be episode 1000? is it probable?

Not sure why people still lean on the 'Conan is never-ending' theory. I could see the movies and specials continuing after the end of the manga series as long as Conan's a huge draw, but surely Gosho is enough of a professional to give the fans a satisfying ending for the manga. 

I'm going to say that the rum arc will be the last arc until the big climax.. which would bring us to about 6-8 more years of this series. Hard to imagine Gosho going into his 60's with the same 3-hours-a-day sleeping schedule writing Conan.

The story is starting to unravel more now, and I'm getting more excited with each new chapter coming out. (I can't wait for the Rum arc!!!) I think that the story is going to end somewhere in the next 5 years or so. But when it does end, I'm going to be crying a river.

Aoyama Gosho stated in an 2011 interview here http://detective-conan-news.blogspot.com/2011/05/2011-aoyama-gosho-interview.html that he wants to retire at Professor Agasa's age. if he really planned to do so, then the series should end in two years since Aoyama Gosho is 51 and Professor Agasa is around 53.

yeah

well, that aint gonna hapen

Detective Conan came to a point where it's like a classic. Where everybody knows it; like Doraemon. So even if it has prolonged it, it's because people like it and enjoy sooo much, that they just want it to keep going. ;)  Soo, let's not worry about it ending, let's just enjoy shall we fellow fans.  ^_^ And spread the world about DC around the world!!! Until everybody knows the name Edogawa Conan!!! :D  :P

That's a very good point Shinxran9111. I agree. :)

What others have said before on this forum, I don't think Detective Conan is going to end anytime soon considering it has such a large fanbase. And just look at all the manga episodes that they haven't animated yet. (I think there's quite a few, from what I saw from reading the latest volume a while back.) I think that it may take a while before Gosho-sensei decides to wrap up the series with a suitable ending. I wouldn't say never, even though I know a series that started back in 1995 and is still running today. (Which is Pokémon. xD), everything has an ending to it, but Detective Conan might end in like 10 years from now, maybe 5 since I've seen quite a few changes and decreasing amount in the cast. But this is just my theory of course. I may be wrong with what all I've just said just now. xD!

i like the way cases now have hint to story line, like about mystery child or RUM. hopefully it won't goes for volumes of only cases like in early detective conan. the ideal ending will be 4 to 8 years from now. Stay healthy aoyama gosho!

He said in one of his interview that he'll retire probably around Agasa's age which is 53 if I'm not mistaken. He is 51 right now as far as I know. I dunno if he is joking or something but I really believe that the series will end at 2016, On the 20th anniversary of DC Anime

I feel like ending the series sometime during 2016 would be a good idea. I love DC, but even I'd be lying if I said the series didn't drag at times. Seems like there's a few episodes where there's progress in the plot, and then it's back to regular cases -> rest of the season.