Detective Conan World
meitanteiconan

When will Detective Conan end?

191 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Conan will end?

seeing as how this thread was made in 2009, i think DC is doing quite well~

but i think its nearing its end. if not in two years, prob the next 4-5yrs.

Gosho already knows how he wants to end it right?

Before Detective Conan ends I want a backstory of Gin. If he has a family or had one, his childhood even the first person he killed. I know he doesn`t remember the faces of the people he killed but he has to remember his first kill.

• Upvote 1

I hope it ends in the yr or so there are about 70/80 vol with 700/800 file case etc and nearly 643 episodes to date it has to end soon also if it were to come to end I hope we get a climatic finale in the manga but will they do it in movie form or in tv episodes

the finale could do a movie but will people pay to watch a grand end on the big screen of if done on tv spilt into 5/6 parts

I hope they end it soon I am dying to know how they resolve this and finally and an antidote to aptx as he needs to return to his old body

also has anyone realized if he did tell everyone that everyone will be pissed especially his girlfriend we want to end as as soon as

I can't see the vol exceeding over 100 it think the 100th vol would be a nice number to end it anyway 15 yrs and still going I hope we don't have to wait for another 5 yrs I can't bear it

considering that we are (as of typing this) 644 episodes and the managa is around vol 74 est how long or do you think the ep will carry on gosho stated that the vol won't reach at least 100 so for episodes I hope we don't reach ep1000 that would be too much I think around 800/900 would be a rough guess but what episode number do you think would be a goo enough figure to end it on

also how long do u think we got left before the grand finale and what do you want the finale in either in managa form oin movie form

As the finale is already into written how long untill we see it in manga form

Also when will someone come out and tell us when the series will end, they don't don't have to be exact or anything just a year

at least the finale will be out in that yr

It's been said before, but it bears repeating. It's been less about "when is the right time to end the series" and more about "we're planning to end the series when we can stop milking so much money out of it." The franchise makes a lot of money on movies alone, hence we're not going to see an end anytime soon.

It's been said before, but it bears repeating. It's been less about "when is the right time to end the series" and more about "we're planning to end the series when we can stop milking so much money out of it." The franchise makes a lot of money on movies alone, hence we're not going to see an end anytime soon.

I have to disagree here. I think it is more about when does Gosho want to retire or move on. The franchise may and probably will continue after Gosho stops, but we will have at least our manga based ending when Gosho wants to give it to us, regardless of how much money DC is making at the time. Sure his editors and the anime producers may encourage him not to retire...

Even if he does end the manga, I am more than willing to buy anything related to oh say, Shinichi and Heiji off solving cases together and whatnot. :D There are so many spinoffs possible.

I agree, the Detective Conan "world" is rich with interesting characters and organizations it could easily cross over into hundreds of spin-off ideas or prequels.

Even if he does end the manga, I am more than willing to buy anything related to oh say, Shinichi and Heiji off solving cases together and whatnot. :D There are so many spinoffs possible.

I would love to see Kudo help Kuroba find the ppl who killed his father

I'm afraid that this old man pass away before completing the series. I mean 15+ Years? Seriously? 800+ Files, 600+ Eps, isnt that enough?!

I'll write the final chapter if he dosent wanna do so <_<

I don't care when it ends, so long it doesn't end yet within a few years and before Aoyama dies. As long as he can write his already planned ending before dying, I shall be a happy person. And so, I hope he lives forever so I can still read this when I'm 20. 8D And I'm as old as this manga is, haha~

Isn't Aoyama like in his late 40's why people saying hope he "finishes this before he dies" I'd say its safe to bet he'll be done with Conan before his death :mellow: I just when it does end it doesn't have an abrupt BS ending

40's? I thought he was in his late 50's? XD Ah well. My point is that I really want him to continue Conan for as long as is possible~! >w< So, he can keep doing it and finish it just before he dies, and I shall be happy. =w=

I don't care when it ends, so long it doesn't end yet within a few years and before Aoyama dies. As long as he can write his already planned ending before dying, I shall be a happy person. And so, I hope he lives forever so I can still read this when I'm 20. 8D And I'm as old as this manga is, haha~

i agree :D

I can see most of us think it will never end. I wish it would never end but Aoyama is going to run out of ideas eventually...

I wonder when that time would come as his ideas are up to the brim right now! He's coming up with new characters and plot twists day by day!

Maybe we should update this poll :P

Just noticed it was created in 2009, people voting 5 years then and 5 years now are completely different :lol:

Yes, we should update this. (btw, I'm new..)

I've actually been creepily reading these forums for a while but never adding in. I finally gave in and made an account...

Hey, recently, (spoiler)Shinichi has confessed to Ran, THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE have kind of found out who Conan is, Ran suspected Conan's identity again, Haibara is being suspected because she changed back but left the ring on, THE BO SHOWED UP IN 818, and they've hinted that squinty eyed guy is Bourbon....

It feels like DC is really going to climax soon and have an ending... Stuff has been going down lately! Any thoughts?