Detective Conan World
meitanteiconan

When will Detective Conan end?

191 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Conan will end?

Let me reiterate this point, if I haven't already done so elsewhere: Although most of us are rooting for Shinichi to permanently revert to his old self, this will inevitably take the air out of the series. As such, the producers of DC have deliberately delayed letting this happen.

It wont end for at least another year apparently.

In Detective Conan Episode 602. They do a part where they wish everyone a new year. And Mouri says we are going to whoosh through more case solving this year. Therefore theres still another year :D Unless something happens...

It wont end for at least another year apparently.

In Detective Conan Episode 602. They do a part where they wish everyone a new year. And Mouri says we are going to whoosh through more case solving this year. Therefore theres still another year :D Unless something happens...

That is the logic of a person believing that DC will never end...

After all, don't trust Mouri! That drunkard...tongue.gif

So Gosho thinks it wont end?

Hopefully NEVER! Lol, personally, I'm hoping that it goes up to at least 100 volumes. That's be pretty awesome XD

All goods things must come to an endsad.gif...but hopefully not until we die...smile.gif

There are longer and older mangas than DC in Japan. And Gosho actually works with 4 assistants. Some of them write the other Detective Conan serie: The DC special serie

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%90%8D%E6%8E%A2%E5%81%B5%E3%82%B3%E3%83%8A%E3%83%B3-%E7%89%B9%E5%88%A5%E7%B7%A8-35-%E3%81%A6%E3%82%93%E3%81%A8%E3%81%86%E8%99%AB%E3%82%B3%E3%83%9F%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9-%E9%9D%92%E5%B1%B1/dp/4091408788/ref=pd_sim_b_63

And back to the topic of this thread: what if there was no end to this story? Like Sazae san or Doraemon?

And back to the topic of this thread: what if there was no end to this story? Like Sazae san or Doraemon?

That's nightmare-inducing to think about. I don't think Gosho could ever get away with doing that at all. Fan support would be reduced to nothing.

Yeah but people who read Conan aren't only fans... And actually Gosho said in an interview (Marc Barnabe May 2010) he has an idea of the end the story BUT he doesn't have a clue about when he may be able to write it...

I recently started to think about the possibility that the serie may never end at all... And I'm not happy with that idea... really...

I'm not dreaming. I would like to read the end of Conan's story. I'm a fan for about ten years and to tell the truth, I started to be fed up of waiting. I really love DC, but Gosho is keeping the story too much. there is so few development in the plot. Especially recently. So I'm not really optimistic.

The problem is that Aoyama doesn't know when he can draw the end of the story (Interview of Mark Barnabe from May 2010: http://mastersofmanga.com/2010/07/interviewaoyama/ ). And actually if you look at the Shonen Sunday Magazine there isn't any good serie in it. If DC would end, the Shonen Sunday Magazine wouldn't be able to survive very long. The magazine needs a really good serie as a substitute of DC.

And after that, I also think DC may become... how can I explain that... a franchise? I mean, the rights wouldn't stay the property of Gosho but would become the property of a studio with other mangaka. And they would be able to draw the story freely. Like Doraemon or Kochikame serie.

Do you understand what I mean?

And after that, I also think DC may become... how can I explain that... a franchise? I mean, the rights wouldn't stay the property of Gosho but would become the property of a studio with other mangaka. And they would be able to draw the story freely. Like Doraemon or Kochikame serie.

If that happens I expect that I will stop watching DC and leave this site...