Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 891-893 (Teacher Assault Case)

THIS THREAD is used to discuss about SPOILERS. In other words, if you only read the English version and wish to wait for the official release instead of getting spoiled, this is NOT the right place for you!

RULES OF THE SPOILER-ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD:

1. Any kind of spoiler involving the case (pictures, texts, information, full scans...) of any language that is released before the actual English version must be posted HERE. The English translations of the spoilers must also be posted here. Please DO NOT share them at the thread made for English-files readers only, in ANY form (NOT even in spoiler boxes).

2. Any kind of discussion involving the spoilers must be posted HERE. Please DO NOT reveal, give hints or talk about any information or event (that has not yet happened in the English releases) at the thread made for English-files readers only, in ANY form (NOT even in spoiler boxes).

3. Despite being a Spoiler-only thread, EVERY spoiler and discussion involving events that has not yet happened in the English releases STILL has to be put inside Spoiler boxes. When the mentioned file is officially released in English, this is not necessary anymore.

4. NO DIRECT LINK to Original Japanese scans (RAWs) or to ANY English manga scan because we don't want to have any problem with lawyers. (Japanese spoiler pictures are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very very far away from a full scan, like the ones we usually have).

Q&A:

1. Why is this whole thing necessary?
A: Please click here.

2. Why do I still have to use Spoiler boxes here?
A: In case some member (who only follows the English files) get confused, misclick, or just simply get in the wrong thread... etc., this rule is made NOT to let spoilers get revealed to them. And since this is quite complicated, confusions are unavoidable, especially for new members.

3. How do I use Spoiler boxes anyway?
A: Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

Or more manually:

Step 1: Click the "Special BBCode" icon at the upper-left side of the edit toolbar.
BBCode_zpsac60c013.jpg

Step 2: In BBCode, select "Spoiler".
Spoiler_zpsc5764e29.jpg

Step 3: Enter the text that you want to put inside Spoiler boxes, then click OK.
Text_zps4958fb14.jpg

4. If the spoiler is not obvious enough to viewers (e.g. one must click a link in order to see it), do I have to use Spoiler boxes?
A: No, using link addresses is also a hiding method. Again the purpose of this is just to protect the spoilers and info. from being viewed by members who do not want to see them (but get in here by accident). However, you should STATE CLEARLY that it's a spoiler, just to make sure.

5. Can I join the discussion in the other thread as well?
A: Of course you can. HOWEVER, as mentioned in the rules above, you MUST NOT reveal, give hints or talk about ANYTHING that spoils.

6. Who are you anyway? Why do we have to follow YOUR rules?
A: Not mine. Chek suggested that it should be this way. Also, the person who create the threads must write the rules clearly on the very first post from now on, whether they want it or not; this applies to every member (not only me).

ANYWAY, everyone should read this whole post carefully before posting or viewing anything. If you are mistaken for not paying attention to it, the creator of the thread, the moderators and every other forum members will NOT take any responsibility.

After 3 weeks of waiting, spoilers for file 891 are FINALLY here!!!

Spoiler pics (shared by Conan#1, originally from Beika-street.net):

http://www.imagebam.com/image/87c71b317287337

http://www.imagebam.com/image/440511317287338

http://www.imagebam.com/image/3f6726317287342

http://www.imagebam.com/image/28dae9317287344

Translations (by Fujiwara):

Warning: These translations were made out of context and might therefore be inaccurate. 

Title: The last piece

Camel: A friend of yours?
Jodie: Yes. I helped her out when she got involved in a case while studying abroad in America and we got to know each other.
Jodie: She was also the one who helped me out with something something
Jodie: I guess you could call us teacher friends [probably, not quite readable …]

p. 16
Amuro: She hired me because she was being stalked …
Conan (thoughts): Bourbon …
Amuro: Please excuse my tardiness. I’m Amuro, a detective!
Megure: Was he called here?
Takagi: (Something about her cell phone …)
Amuro: Those two …
Amuro: Are they English teachers?
Takagi: Ah, no, these two are FBI agents …
Takagi: Who happen to be helping with the investigation …
Amuro: Oh?
Amuro: FBI, you say?

Side note: Bourbon arrives! Black intentions abound?!
Who can predict what will happen in the must-see next issue?!!

I don't want to raise my hopes too much,so I'll wait the next files to see if it's good or not...but the case looks interesting.

I thought Okiya would appear but seems like it's not his time.

Without knowing anything else beyond that some woman with associations with the FBI thinks it is a good reason to use Amuro on a case, it is possible that Amuro is the son of an FBI agent and was taken in by the Black Organization. Maybe the woman knew Amuro's parent and then incidentally came across Amuro as a detective and assumed that because Jodie was in Japan that he was over for the same reason and had followed in his parent's footsteps. If Conan makes the same leaps of logic, he could come to the conclusion Amuro is an embedded spy, but the conclusion is off because Conan doesn't know Amuro's history with the Black Organization. That's why Amuro tells Conan he is mistaken. I still don't think Amuro is an Akai because he was shown in association with the Black Organization (Elena) as a child and his skin color doesn't match the apparent middle brother's (or the rest of the Akai family who is pale).

Havin a connection with the FBI would open up a new avenue for why he hates Shuuichi. Maybe Shuuichi had some involvement in whatever situation led to Amuro being left behind and adopted by the Black Organization. (Death of parent? Lots of possibilities here.)

It seems that Conan understood a meaning behind the nickname "Zero" that we readers have not figured out yet. That seems to lead him to whatever conclusion he makes regarding Amuro's background.

It seems Amuro has a particular grudge against the FBI in general, and appears to be enjoying ribbing them. I think it is a stronger reaction than most members of the Black Org would have to the FBI. If Amuro does have FBI parents, maybe he does not know exactly what went down between them and the Organization, and blames the FBI (and maybe Shuuichi or the Akai family [maybe even daddy Akai]) for whatever happened. A confrontation with Shuuichi might clear some of that up since Amuro now knows the fake death trick. All that is left for Amuro now is to figure out Okiya is Akai, and Amuro already knows Okiya exists and cooperates with Conan from the cat + cold truck case.

I bet the solution to the case has to do with the fact that in America a check by the answer means correct, while in Japan that means incorrect. Circling an answer doesn't mean incorrect in America, but it seems like it is being used that way by the foreign teacher. The motive is probably something along the line of some diligent student commits suicide because he thinks he got a terrible grade and the teacher was mocking him with flowers.

I'll think about all this some more when there are more translations.

• Upvote 2

Here is the translation of all plotty parts of the case courtesy of Fujiwara.

And this is the answer to the case as far as I can tell.

CpmlIOm.png

One of the sheets, the top one with a girl's name, was forged by a lefthanded Japanese person. The diagram pretty much explains how it works. The grading scheme is also reversed which means the sheet was forged. Americans use checks for correct answers and circles for incorrect answers, which is the system the teacher uses. The Japanese use the opposite, checks for incorrect answers and circles for correct answers. Whoever forged the sheet mixed this convention up. Second, the spiral of the flower is done in a lefthanded way, opposite the known righthanded American teacher, which reveals the culprit's handedness.

The teacher is right handed. Of the suspects, Noseblower and Sweatbomb are right handed. Smoker is a lefty, and he has a daughter. Chances are he is our teacher-toppler.

Edit: and here are my thoughts on Amuro:

Without knowing anything else beyond that some woman with associations with the FBI thinks it is a good reason to use Amuro on a case, maybe Amuro is the son of an FBI/PSIA agent (PSIA being the Japanese intel agency) and was taken in by the Black Organization. If Amuro's parent(s) worked with the FBI in the past, and the lady victim who is friends with Jodie in this case remembers them doing so, maybe she assumed Amuro had followed in his parent's footsteps because he is a detective right now. She asks Amuro to help her because of this misconception.

If Conan makes the same leaps of logic based on the teacher's actions and the lingo that Amuro used (Appendix + Zero + "Get out of my Japan"), he could come to the conclusion Amuro is an embedded spy, but the conclusion is off because Conan doesn't know Amuro's history with the Black Organization. That's why Amuro tells Conan he is mistaken.

It seems Amuro has a grudge against the FBI in general (not just Shuuichi Akai), and appears to be enjoying ribbing them. I think it is a stronger reaction than most members of the Black Org would have to the FBI. If Amuro does have intelligence agency parents, maybe he does not know exactly what went down between them and the Organization, and blames the FBI (and maybe Shuuichi or the Akai family [maybe even daddy Akai]) for whatever situation that led to Amuro being left behind and adopted by the Black Organization. (Death of parent? Lots of possibilities here.). A confrontation with Shuuichi might clear some of that up since Amuro now knows the fake death trick. All that is left for Amuro now is to figure out Okiya is Akai, and Amuro already knows Okiya exists and cooperates with Conan from the cat + cold truck case.

I also think we should take another look at Date to see if he used PSIA lingo and is a deeper character than first appearances suggests.

It seems strange for Amuro not to take advantage of Conan thinking he is a spy, but manipulating Conan like this is not out of character for him. Keep in mind this isn't the first time Amuro used a do-something-that-will-make-Conan-panic strategy where he allows Conan to figure something out about him instead of leaving Conan naive, thus causing Conan to make a mistake in his haste and fear. At the shrine meeting with Jodie, Bourbon deliberately left a hole in his disguise story for Conan to catch so that he would realize that someone was spying. The motive for that seemed to be trying to catch Conan contacting Shuuichi in panic. (Conan contacted Ai not Shuu, but it isn't like Amuro would know that from the convo.) Amuro must have been closely following Conan (and not Kogoro) all over after the shrine incident waiting for him to catch on because there is not other good explanation for how Amuro managed to be catch up with and be close to Conan after Conan took off sprinting from the Blue Parrot. (855/856) This situation could very well be more of the same. Amuro must be thinking on his feet here in the situation with Conan, but Bourbon decides to pressure the boy again, this time letting Conan know that he knows Conan's game. Amuro is probably hoping Conan will drag Shuuichi out once he panics.

• Upvote 3

Could it be that Jodie friend hires a Japanese Detective because she suspect/know that different way of scoring of Japan and western result in a grudge and crime, so she didn't want to involve more foreigners, settle with a Japanese instead. Amuro also ask out aloud why Jodie friend would hire a detective while she has an FBI friend. 

• Upvote 1

Interesting. I thought Amuro was kind of an idiot but he brilliantly set a trap for Conan, making him believe he could be a spy to force him to remove his mask.

Zero. Conan must have thought he meant he was a MI6 spy agent while it had a whole other meaning.

893 Chinese: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2977545948

EDIT: Here are some translations of the plot-related parts. Note that while I only do the plot stuffs, the pages in question may contain heavy case-solution spoilers, so be careful when checking the actual file.

PAGE 2

Amuro: It seems you have misunderstood my stories...
Conan: Mis...understood...?

PAGE 3

Conan: How was it a misunderstanding? That sharp intellect which could instantly perceive the truth... His behavior of not killing Haibara on the Bell Tree Express... His reaction to the word "Zero"... And then what made me so certain was him openly ribbing the FBI... 
[Flashback of Amuro: "Get out of my Japan..."]
Conan: The so called "Zero" was a code-name created for the "Non-existent Organization" [not sure if I got the term correctly], whose purpose is to maintain Japan's security... 

PAGE 4

Conan: The Public Security Intelligence Agency... [not sure if I got the term correctly]
If he's really an undercover agent infiltrating the Org.,  then we can provide him with the information we have, that way we'll probably be able to evade the worst situations... But if that's not the case... Then that plan will be discovered!!
Wait, I must calm down... It may not have been discovered just yet... There's still one thing that he hasn't learned... In order to get hold of this info, he may set up some kind of trick... But what can it be?

PAGE 5 (Major case spoilers warning!!!)

[Amuro explaining the clues]
Conan: Wait a minute... It's impossible for the FBI and the organization member Bourbon to just coincidentally meet up at some crime scene in the first place. There must have been something that led to this...
Conan (to Jodie): Jodie-sensei.... Why did you call Shibuya-sensei last night?
Jodie: Because we have already planned to go drinking that day...
Conan: Who made the appointment?
Jodie: It was she who messaged me...

PAGE 6 (Major case spoilers warning!!!)

Jodie: But it was odd, Natsuko said she didn't remember writing that message. However, since her cell phone's inbox had stored that message, she probably had just forgotten about it...
Conan: Was it true that your cell was out of battery so you had to borrow Agent Camel's?
Camel: Yeah...
Jodie: Even though I charge it every night, but since I use it constantly, it often run out at early evening...
Conan: That's not good... It could very well be...
Jodie: Be what...?
[bourbon cuts in, continues to explain about the case]

(No more "plotty" stuffs until the end of Page 11)

PAGE 11 (Major case spoilers warning!!!)

Random woman in the last panel (Vermouth in disguise?): There is an announcement from the hospital...

PAGE 12 

Woman: Shibuya-sensei's situation is getting worse... She's in great danger...
Jodie, Conan, Camel: Ehh!?
Jodie: Na-natsuko!?

PAGE 13 

Camel: Why did you come here? Wasn't your job finished?

Amuro: She is my client after all... Also I have the feeling that you have a tendency to confusedly slip out information...

Camel: Huh?

Jodie: Natsuko... Please don't die.... Natsuko!!!

PAGE 14

Natsuko: Ah, Jodie... Are you coming to visit me?

Jodie: Y...yes...

Natsuko: But it's a good thing that you happen to know... that I have regained consciousness. I was also partly responsible for this mess, so I told them not to contact the school just yet.

Conan: Oh crap... (shouting to Jodie) Where is Agent Camel?

Jodie: Eh? He's probably at the parking lot...

Camel: Rikumichi Kusuda?

PAGE 15

Camel: I don't know such a person...

Amuro: He was a patient at this hospital, and went missing after leaving his car nearby... It seems he carried a gun too... Didn't you hear about him from your comrades?

Camel: No...

Amuro: Is that so... Perhaps your superiors didn't inform someone like you of such info?

Camel: What are you talking about... The FBIs always share information...

"Jodie" (most likely Vermouth in disguise): Camel! What are you doing? Don't you leave my side for one step...

You didn't tell that man about Rikumichi, did you?

Camel: Of course not...

PAGE 16

Camel: I would never say anything about that guy shooting himself inside his car.

"Jodie": Is that so...? Thank you...

Camel: Of course, that had taken place before I came to Japan. I only heard the story from Akai-san...

-----Jodie-san? Jo-jodie-san...!? 

• Upvote 5

OMG!!!! Camel you baka >.<

finally something is going to happen so i guess i should be thanking him :P

does anyone know if there is a break or is the next file coming out in a week?

CpmlIOm.png

One of the sheets, the top one with a girl's name, was forged by a lefthanded Japanese person. The diagram pretty much explains how it works. The grading scheme is also reversed which means the sheet was forged. Americans use checks for correct answers and circles for incorrect answers, which is the system the teacher uses. The Japanese use the opposite, checks for incorrect answers and circles for correct answers. Whoever forged the sheet mixed this convention up. Second, the spiral of the flower is done in a lefthanded way, opposite the known righthanded American teacher, which reveals the culprit's handedness.

The teacher is right handed. Of the suspects, Noseblower and Sweatbomb are right handed. Smoker is a lefty, and he has a daughter. Chances are he is our teacher-toppler.

Am I the only right-handed person that draws spirals clockwise from the center…?

I loved Amuro’s remarks to the FBI in chapter 892, haha.

Also I was curious about one thing, do we know Camel’s nationality? Bourbon calls him German (or at least German-looking).

The file being named Bourbon's Pursuit, Scarlet Prologue suggests we are in for something longer. That is not too unexpected given that 900 is approaching.

Second, the way Amuro responded to Conan's guess about his background sort of implies he might not be entirely off the mark even if he got a fundamental wrong.

Conan: Say, Amuro-niichan, you’re an enemy … Right? Of the bad guys …
Amuro: Zero …
Conan: Eh?
Amuro: I really was called that as a kid. It seems you have misunderstood my stories...

Amuro and the PSIA may really be related despite Conan's misunderstanding. I postulated that Amuro's parents were PSIA, had a problem that left Amuro alone, and then he was adopted into the Black Organization, possibly by the Miyanos.

Lastly, does anyone find it a pain in the butt how Gosho has nerfed the FBI because he needs them to continually make mistakes to progress the plot and make Bourbon and Vermouth look dangerous? Was there really no way have the FBI still be sharp, but just make Bourbon and Vermouth smarter? Jodie's character and credibility has pretty much been completely destroyed this arc. She should have known what the draining of her phone battery meant someone was tampering with her phone, probably using it to transmit continuously, because she is a freaking well-trained FBI agent on a mission against spies. Furthermore, being sensitive to Vermouth's impersonation talents should instantly be wary of any mail she or nor others remembers sending. Camel has been characterized as the weak link, so I don't feel quite so bad, but in the context of other FBI failures it is frustrating they couldn't lose is a better way. Jodie used to be one of my favorite characters, but with the way things are now, I feel like I just have to give her up because she is a shadow of what she used to be in the Vermouth arc.

• Upvote 1

The file being named Bourbon's Pursuit, Scarlet Prologue suggests we are in for something longer. That is not too unexpected given that 900 is approaching.

Second, the way Amuro responded to Conan's guess about his background sort of implies he might not be entirely off the mark even if he got a fundamental wrong.

Conan: Say, Amuro-niichan, you’re an enemy … Right? Of the bad guys …

Amuro: Zero …

Conan: Eh?

Amuro: I really was called that as a kid. It seems you have misunderstood my stories...

Amuro and the PSIA may really be related despite Conan's misunderstanding. I postulated that Amuro's parents were PSIA, had a problem that left Amuro alone, and then he was adopted into the Black Organization, possibly by the Miyanos.

Lastly, does anyone find it a pain in the butt how Gosho has nerfed the FBI because he needs them to continually make mistakes to progress the plot and make Bourbon and Vermouth look dangerous? Was there really no way have the FBI still be sharp, but just make Bourbon and Vermouth smarter? Jodie's character and credibility has pretty much been completely destroyed this arc. She should have known what the draining of her phone battery meant someone was tampering with her phone, probably using it to transmit continuously, because she is a freaking well-trained FBI agent on a mission against spies. Furthermore, being sensitive to Vermouth's impersonation talents should instantly be wary of any mail she or nor others remembers sending. Camel has been characterized as the weak link, so I don't feel quite so bad, but in the context of other FBI failures it is frustrating they couldn't lose is a better way. Jodie used to be one of my favorite characters, but with the way things are now, I feel like I just have to give her up because she is a shadow of what she used to be in the Vermouth arc.

Well, Gosho probably hasn't done much research about which skills and techniques that an FBI agent must train. In the file Jodie also mentioned something along the lines of the teacher having a tendency to forget things/be confused (but I wasn't sure my interpretation was correct so I didn't add that to the translation, not that I think it's important anyway), that's why she came to the conclusion that she forgot about the mail. Still, that isn't exactly an excuse for not suspecting anything. The battery life of many smartphones is a pain in the neck (which phone is Jodie using again?), it also wasn't made clear how often does she use it, so I personally don't blame her for that.

In this file Jodie wasn't that bad,it was worse during the shrine case...and actually I think she started to lose her awesomeness after the Vermouth arc...

But I agree i don't like how Gosho make the FBI look ridiculous in order to move the plot...Gosho used to do that with Ran and Ai too, this is just  is a very boring way to make Akai and Conan look better than everybody.

And did I said that Amuro is great in this case?because he really is XDXD

• Upvote 1

Hi! I'm here again and I have to say that I really liked this case. Plot went forward and I can smell that something big is going to happen. :D

I have a question. Why does BO put that much importance in figuring out whether Akai is really dead or not? The motivation to investigate that is to check whether Kir is loyal to BO or not, and many FBI agents know that she is a CIA agent. And this Bourbon can check without too much difficulty. Whether Akai is alive or dead is not that important

Investigate Akai is Bourbon personal goal (He hates Akai). There is no confirmation what the order is (Kir said they hunt for Sherry, but if they lie to her we won't know for sure, either investigate Kir, or Akai). . Prove that Akai is alive is kill two birds with one stone. You uncover both Kir and Akai.

Aside, how can you ask FBIs if Kir is a traitor or not. 

Pretty easy when i think about it. Have Vermouth as Kir called Jodie like it happen, informs Jodie of something random. If Jodie did not ask "Why did you tell me this?" mean Kir is a traitor.

• Upvote 1

I am thinking that if Bourbon is really loyal to BO, then he should prioritize uncovering Kir as a bug first. Reasons: (1) very fast and easy (2) can investigate via Kir about Akai's death, since Akai could only be alive with Kir's cooperation (3) have many other options: use Kir to attack Akai/FBI/CIA, check to see if there is any other bug, etc.

I think we can safely guess that Bourbon is not very loyal to BO. 

I don't say that investigating whether Akai is dead or not is not important at all. But the action Bourbon should do now, if he is really loyal to BO, is to uncover Kir. And as I said, from that he could investigate about Akai, either by doing some manipulation on Kir, or capturing Kir and torturing (Kir may not have any motivation to keep the secret about Akai's fake death, since the fake death is initially to protect Kir's cover without losing Akai, I assume)