Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Your predictions for chapter 900

- Amuro figures out the trick Akai used

- Sera and Ai finally meet each other

- Some info on the mysterious  little girl

- Some info on the other brother

- Chiba invites Mike to a Hamburger

Hoping that is like this, how long does he plan on continuing this manga....Frustrating 

• Upvote 1

Amuro finding the truth about Akai,and maybe finding the true identity of Conan and Ai,who knows.After looking at the file 889 with Amuro flashback,I'm expecting him to talk with Ai about her mother.

Hopefully the Sera/Ai confrontation that Gosho promised us.

Akai/Ai confrontation.

Maybe it's just me, but I miss it when Gin just went around killing people.  He needs to do more of that.  He's been getting soft.

Though seriously, even if Gin appears briefly talking with Vodka, I'd be happy.  He's always a few steps behind anyway. 

• Upvote 3

I don't know if he's going to make it a major case but I do think it's about time Rena's loyalty to the Black Organization come up as an issue again, especially with Amuro's recent inquiry. I don't think we'll get too many revelations or lose ends tied up. While the last Rena Resolution came out to 14 files altogether, I do think this one will be a lot longer, if just for the sake of length and not too much action.

It really also depends on how Gosho feels about wrapping things up too. I can only hope the recent breaks have been taken so Gosho plot the whole arc... or he could just decide to wait for File 1000.

But I'd bet 100% we're guaranteed Vermouth's appearance ^___^

Maybe it's just me, but I miss it when Gin just went around killing people.  He needs to do more of that.  He's been getting soft.

Though seriously, even if Gin appears briefly talking with Vodka, I'd be happy.  He's always a few steps behind anyway. 

YES ^

I would suspect it has something to do with Amuro's investigation, perhaps him finding out Akai's trick, or even Conan's true identity. Sera's true identity/intentions may also be revealed, like who the second brother or the child may be. I'm hoping for a Mystery Train-like showdown. :D

Kaitou Kid makes another marvelous appearance under the moonlight, attempting to steal one of Jirokichi's jewels. Meanwhile, the Detective Boys encounter a murder case during their picnic.

I don't think there will be many major events taking place in 900. Whatever Gosho's having up his sleeves will probably be postponed for a while (like with the Mystery Train case). Hopefully I'm wrong though, but unless plot characters keep showing up continuously in the next few cases, there won't be enough time for major progressions until 900. But even then, I think that the only things we'll get to learn are some background stories of certain characters (if Gosho is truly being generous, of course), as there are still too little development with pretty much everything else. Even though Amuro has found out a possible plan behind Akai's death (the body), the most important step ahead is to locate Akai, which again, will take "a while". So far, there just aren't enough clues to link Akai and Okiya. Regarding the mysteries surrounding the second brother, the child and other Akai-related mysteries, it'll most likely take another (at least) 50 files to wrap everything up.

Kaitou Kid makes another marvelous appearance under the moonlight, attempting to steal one of Jirokichi's jewels. Meanwhile, the Detective Boys encounter a murder case during their picnic.

I don't think there will be many major events taking place in 900. Whatever Gosho's having up his sleeves will probably be postponed for a while (like with the Mystery Train case). Hopefully I'm wrong though, but unless plot characters keep showing up continuously in the next few cases, there won't be enough time for major progressions until 900. But even then, I think that the only things we'll get to learn are some background stories of certain characters (if Gosho is truly being generous, of course), as there are still too little development with pretty much everything else. Even though Amuro has found out a possible plan behind Akai's death (the body), the most important step ahead is to locate Akai, which again, will take "a while". So far, there just aren't enough clues to link Akai and Okiya. Regarding the mysteries surrounding the second brother, the child and other Akai-related mysteries, it'll most likely take another (at least) 50 files to wrap everything up.

I think Amuro could track down Okiya. He knows Okiya exists and works with Conan because of the cat in the cold truck case. I think we are likely to get well setup for a clash by 900 because it's been plot cases back to back at this point.

Usually when backstory gets dragged out, I start getting worried. That's what happened with Jodie right before the showdown with Vermouth and Rena/Eisuke before Red vs Black.

Poor middle school Akai child, "he/she/it" has been entirely forgotten.

I think that Okiya should appear once more. So should Sera. And I hope that Okiya will face the FBI properly now. Without revealing his identity! Amuro and Vermouth will the dancing around too.

And maybe Conan will find out was he truly wrong about his suspicions or is Amuro messing with him.(not saying anything else in the case ppl haven't seen the most recent files)

No DB or Kid.

Considering that Conan whispered to Agasa, I think he has come out with something. Additionally, it is something really important that will force him to warn Akai (Okiya) regarding Amuro's action. So i am pretty sure that at the time Amuro came to Okiya's residence, Okiya has been prepared along with Conan's plan that he whispered to Agasa. Thus, I don't think that Akai's death will be revealed to Amuro just yet.

I would think that the Okiya living in Shinici's house is not a disguise. He really is somebody named Subaru. However, the Subaru that appeared in the Bell Tree Express case and the 13 red shirts (? I am not sure abt the title of this case) and in some other cases where he appeared was Akai that disguised as Okiya.

The second possibility is that there really is somebody named Okiya and Akai disguise as him and live in Shinici's place, with the real Okiya living somewhere else. And so, in case his cover is almost blown up as it is right now, Conan and Akai could call him over to replace the fake Okiya (Akai).

Coz it would be too risky to disguise as somebody that does not exist and thus Conan and Akai would not take that risk. At least that's my prediction. I hope that Aoyama Gosho will come out with somethinf that will shock me out.

I really cannot wait for the 900th edition to be released!

Yep, I like this theory. . It can be possible there is really real okiya and akai sometimes disguised as him.. not sure whether the real okiya know about akai or not.. I think no.. and I think the okiya on the kinichi-kun case is really the real okiya and I think he already know that conan is shinichi already.. and he silence about it maybe because he kind of interested with what actually happen to this shinichi.. and he just get along with it

Chapter 900: We discover that the boss of the organization is in fact a KGB agent (who loves alcool) and that he is actually Kogoro Mouri wearing a disguise and a voice-changer. Or something like that. lol !

• Upvote 1

Chapter 900: We discover that the boss of the organization is in fact a KGB agent (who loves alcool) and that he is actually Kogoro Mouri wearing a disguise and a voice-changer. Or something like that. lol !

that's a terrible thing

However i strongly believe that in 900 we will see the boss in Goshos shadow-mask-cover-thingy 

I think we need more bad guys to compensate all the good guys... And all the major characters are getting softer and somewhatgood hearted...And even the major villian Bourbon turns out to be a good guy working undercover...
Good guys as of now                                                       Major Bad guys as of now
Conan/ Shinichi                                                                 Anokata(Boss)
shuichi akai                                                                         Gin
rei furuya                                                                              vodka
masumi sera                                                                       Korn and chianti
heigi hattori                                                                         Didnt count Vermouth as she has gone soft on the major character Conan
kaito kid                                                                            What happens when conan finally comes after Vermouth?will she let go of him?
Rena mizunashi

So in an all out battle we have most of the top characters on the good side....

people who didnt read the recent manga...alert... major spoiler.

I guess Rei will craft a plan along with Conan and tell the BO about Akai's return so he can go deeper into it. (they'll also find a way to make kir escape).

Right now I expect a lot from the next chapters. Some interraction between Akai and FBI probably. I hope the Kir's situation will be solved somehow because Vermouth could easily tell forward what Amuro has found out this far. I doubt that Akai/Ai confrontation will be yet. Ai/Sera maybe but not Akai/Ai.

Even though no major recurring characters are ever killed off, I wouldn't mind having Kir executed by Gin.  This is not because I don't like Kir, but only because I feel like we need to have the BO appear at least a little more ruthless before we start wrapping up the series.  It would also counteract the fact that Shuichi has returned and all those warm bubbly feelings that come with that.

• Upvote 2