Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Where is Everyone From?

Let's list the country and state we're all from. :)

I'm from the good ol' USA, and live in New York! I love it here, even though it's probably one of the most expensive states to live in. :( I hope my family doesn't have to move away in the near future!

Anyway, where is everyone else from?

Hehe, no, you're not far at all!

I've been in New York all my life, but lately the harsh economic times has bit our family here. :( Also, it doesn't help that New York is incredibly expensive to live in. The family is looking to move elsewhere, but I really don't want to go, so I'm trying to get a job after I graduate, so I can stay here. I love New York too much to leave. :D

Toronto is supposed to be a pretty city, even though its basketball team kinda stinks now. :P

Yeah, I can imagine. It must be quite expensive indeed. The economy does suck right now. :/

Well good luck there! When do you plan to graduate?

Lol, I guess the basketball team does suck right now although I'm not quite an expert there. I'm more of a soccer fan. :P

Not a Toronto FC fan though... they kinda suck too xD

I plan to graduate as soon as possible. I really want to take as many classes as I can, and I need to take a lot, since I want to transfer to a bigger college (I'm attending a Community College right now.) New York is the most expensive place to live in the US, right now, and the tuition rate is going to INCREASE, which has made governer David Paterson not a very popular person in the eyes of many. We already want Spitzer back!

Yeah, the US isn't a big soccer town. :P We're not big hockey fans, either, though New York LOVES hockey. We love our Islanders and especially our Rangers.

It's...cold? LOL. It's not so cold here in California anymore (at least not where I am), but I clearly remember my first thought when I left the airport was that it was cold--and I come from a hot, tropical country, so I definitely can tell the difference!

The US is OK for me so far, thanks for asking. I've visited the country quite a few times before I moved since my mom lives here, so I never experienced culture shock or anything...although, I still can't get over the fact that a regular-sized Coke in McDonald's here is equal to a large-sized drink back home. XD

Hi! I am from Japan, yeah, the home of Detective Conan. It's a little bit strange for me to talk about an Japanese anime in English but there are not good Japanese DC websites that have fan forums like this and I came here. I am Japanese so sorry in advance, if I make stupid mistakes in English. This website is really an comfortable place to me.

Hi! I am from Japan, yeah, Detective Conan's hometown. It's a little bit strange for me to talk about Japanese anime in English but there are not good Japanese DC websites that have fan forums like this and I came here. I am Japanese, so sorry in advance if I make stupid mistakes in English. This website is really an comfortable place to me.

Oh wow, from Japan! I've always wanted to go there. XD Whereabouts in Japan are you?

And your English is really good, so don't worry too much about it. :D Welcome to DCW, by the way!

Hi! I am from Japan, yeah, Detective Conan's hometown. It's a little bit strange for me to talk about Japanese anime in English but there are not good Japanese DC websites that have fan forums like this and I came here. I am Japanese, so sorry in advance if I make stupid mistakes in English. This website is really an comfortable place to me.

la vanille is right. Your English is great! :D

And it's sooo cool to have someone from Japan here with us! ^_^

I also want to visit Japan one of these days! I've watched so many animes that I sometimes feel like I know Japan as if I was born there. :P

And thank you very much about what you said regarding the website! I'm really glad you feel at ease here! ;)

Arigato gozaimasu!

P.S: I'd love to learn Japanese too! ^^

Oh... Japanese words in an English website. I felt as if I met my fellow Japanese here. :)

And I am glad to hear that you are interested in Japan. If you have some quentions about Japan, feel free to ask me the quentions. I am willing to answer your quentions as far as I know.

I live in Kanazawa. I guess you do not know the city, but it is an acient city and very beautiful.

Oh... Japanese words in an English website. I felt as if I met my fellow Japanese here. :)

And I am glad to hear that you are interested in Japan. If you have some quentions about Japan, feel free to ask me the quentions. I am willing to answer your quentions as far as I know.

Hi again!

That would be great! I'm actually doing some self-studying on Japanese language right now and hoping to study the language in a classroom setting next year. :D I'll be turning to you if I have any questions, ok? :D

I live in Kanazawa. I guess you do not know the city, but it is an acient city and very beautiful.

I searched for photos of Kanazawa through the net and I could tell just with the pictures that it is indeed a very beautiful place.

Oh, and have you gone to Hokuei, Tottori Prefecture? I remember seeing pictures of the Detective Conan statues built there, and I really want to go visit the Gosho Aoyama museum made as a tribute to the success of DC. XD

Hi la vanille! It is such a great thing that you are studying Japanese by yourself. You must be a really motivated person, right? And of course I can help you with your Japanese studying! Actually, I love questioning.

I have never gone to Hokuei just bacause it is far from where I live now . I have once browsed the website of Gosyo Aoyama museum and found that it is kind of a history museum of his career. Because it would be fun to explore the roots of such a creative person, I would like to visit the museum if I have a chance to do so.

It is such a great thing that you are studying Japanese by yourself. You must be a really motivated person, right?

Oh, not quite. I haven't progressed much with self-studying, to be honest. :D I studied Spanish before (in school), and am studying Korean as well, so I haven't had much time with Japanese--and studying Kanji kills, so I can only write in (and understand) Hiragana and Katakana for now as well as a few Kanji, which is why I want to study it in a classroom with a proper teacher. I get distracted easily, so I've had little progress in the few months I've been studying it. =_=

(Oh, and sorry if our little discussion here is way off-topic! ^^)

@la vanille

Cool, you are learning Korean! I am a Korean, so I know the language myself somewhat. ^_^ Well, somewhat because I don't use it a lot so my Korean is really rusty. Anyways, what do you think of it? :D

• Upvote 1

@la vanille

Cool, you are learning Korean! I am a Korean, so I know the language myself somewhat. ^_^ Well, somewhat because I don't use it a lot so my Korean is really rusty. Anyways, what do you think of it? :D

Oh, it's a fun language to learn! My sister and I are learning it, which makes it all the more fun for me cause then we can speak it and our parents wouldn't understand us, lol. I'm still a beginner, but I can understand basic stuff. My parents really don't think highly of learning Korean and Japanese--they say I'd get more from learning Romance languages, which is why I took Spanish in school--but I really like to learn Asian languages seeing as I'm Asian myself and I'd definitely want to visit South Korea and Japan sometime soon, so knowledge of those languages would totally help. :D

...I studied French and Hebrew while I was in high school, and then spent a year in Israel (my Hebrew still isn't all that great, since I lived with a bunch of English-speakers during that time)...

so I freely admit that I learned all the Japanese I know, from watching anime.... and that's not saying much, because I can pick out a few words and I know when they say someone's name, but that's about it. I think it would be cool to learn more at some point, but I know it'll be quite a while before that happens

so I freely admit that I learned all the Japanese I know, from watching anime.... and that's not saying much, because I can pick out a few words and I know when they say someone's name, but that's about it. I think it would be cool to learn more at some point, but I know it'll be quite a while before that happens

Lol me too. I can pick up some words or expressions like "itadakimasu" or "arigato gozaimasu" but yeah, that's about as far as my Japanese goes for now. :/

I did buy a "Learn Japanese" box set though but I'm still on CD1 and barely can find the time to spend time on it... Shame on me..

...I picked up a copy of "Japanese Coach" for my DS yesterday ^_^;

I've heard it's not the best method, but for a casual student like me it should be okay

Because there are many gramatical and lexical similarities between Korean and Japanese, I have been able to pick up more than an English speaking person usually would, I guess. Of course, that is still not much.