Detective Conan World
Maurice

Wiki down

OMG indeed it is working partially! Thank u for the tip! But hopefully it works full-time soon :)

Thanks

I hope it work completely........ .just waiting

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know that I'm aware that the wiki is currently down. I'm doing everything I can to get it back up.

It seems there might be a hardware problem related to the server. It affected the wiki's database (probably because it has become extremely huge + the traffic is big too; and there was a read/write failure). I'm working with support to see what we can do and what are our options. And to make things worse, it seems that because of this issue (partly), the automatic backuping system that I had in place for the database didn't quite work as expected and the last (manual) backup is from December 11th, 2013. You can believe me when I say that I'm extremely disappointed with this situation. I really thought that everything was under control at this point and that the backups were being made as they should have... I hope there's still a way to recover the current database and we'll do everything we can for that but I'd rather be 100% honest with you guys and let you know that the worst-case scenario would be a rollback to December 11th... I'm really sorry. I may have to consider yet another server upgrade. It looks like the traffic keeps increasing and increasing and the hardware sometimes has a hard time to keep up..

In any case, I'll keep you updated as soon as there's some news.

I thank you for your understanding!

Maurice

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know that I'm aware that the wiki is currently down. I'm doing everything I can to get it back up.

It seems there might be a hardware problem related to the server. It affected the wiki's database (probably because it has become extremely huge + the traffic is big too; and there was a read/write failure). I'm working with support to see what we can do and what are our options. And to make things worse, it seems that because of this issue (partly), the automatic backuping system that I had in place for the database didn't quite work as expected and the last (manual) backup is from December 11th, 2013. You can believe me when I say that I'm extremely disappointed with this situation. I really thought that everything was under control at this point and that the backups were being made as they should have... I hope there's still a way to recover the current database and we'll do everything we can for that but I'd rather be 100% honest with you guys and let you know that the worst-case scenario would be a rollback to December 11th... I'm really sorry. I may have to consider yet another server upgrade. It looks like the traffic keeps increasing and increasing and the hardware sometimes has a hard time to keep up..

In any case, I'll keep you updated as soon as there's some news.

I thank you for your understanding!

Maurice

Um hey this link is partially working

https://web.archive....world.com/wiki/

you hav to copy and paste it.......... :D

It;s the greatest and best Detective Conan FansSite ever. I hope an adminstrator have to solve this problem as soon as possible and make update about the new airing information again :)

I'm sorry my english not seems good

So at this rate I guess the wiki will be back by a week from now maximum? And would it look as it used to or there's going to be that much of information to track down since December? I'm really worried about it's shape.

The reason it's taken so long is because the restoration is aiming to get it back to where it was in February. The new information for chapters and episodes in February and March will have to be updated, but the work done between December and February will be intact with very few exceptions.

• Upvote 1

Agreed. I hunted around for a temporary replacement to use in the meantime (and I'm pretty darn good at finding things online), and I just gave up. Everything else out there is completely worthless compared to this one.

I've been trying to catch up on Conan for the longest time -- taking hiatuses in between; and the wiki you guys provide is simply amazing =)

Can't wait for it to come back up T_T

Thank you so much for your work -- it certainly is appreciated!

Thank you all for your patience and words of appreciation.

The moderation team as well as some dedicated and motivated contributors have worked really hard to put the wiki almost 100% back to the last known stable version before the "crash".

I've revamped the backup system already and am planning on doing some more tweaks.

The wiki will be back online soon but note that I will do a series of maintenance runs first. I'll do some tests at the hardware and OS level to make sure everything's working good and I'll most likely make a fresh server install because of some issues related to a couple of adminstrative features. So, I may have to ask for your patience again. But hopefully, everything will be back to normal very soon! :)

It's odd to say this but it's in times like these that you really see how important and valuable the wiki is - when we hear your words.

So, thank you again for your great support!

• Upvote 3

I've done some additionnal maintenance tests and checks. Everything seems to be ok. The backup system should be much more reliable now too.

Note that there might be another maintenance routine in the future to update the server/OS. But it can wait for now.

So, I'll be re-opening the wiki now. :)

Thank you all for your patience once again and enjoy!

• Upvote 3

I've never been so happy to witness a site finish loading bit by bit on my browser! And i HAD to thank you guys the minute I knew the wiki is back.

It has been a great reference and great help to us DC-lovers who want to catch up with the series and everything else. Thank you for making things easier for us! Thank you for existing, detectiveconanworld! :D You guys made my day, and surely you made tons of other otakus happy as well.

Kudos! (pun intended, haha) Keep up the great work, team!