Detective Conan World
Rye

What was in Miyano Akemi's P. S.?

(I brought this up on the DCTP forums, might as well bring it up here) (Copy Pasta XP)

So I was reading this: (WARNING: MIGHT CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS)

And I came across the part where Miyano Akemi's text message to Akai was mentioned:

11. In Akemi's mail to Akai Shuuichi that went 'If we could both get out of the Organisation...' what was in the PS?  

A: That's an important point! I'll be bringing that up in the story later!

The aforementioned text message:

Akemi%27s_Text_Message.jpg

So I was wondering, what could be in Akemi's PS that would be of relevance in the plot later on? Any speculations?
  • Upvote 1

Im not sure what the PS is. But i hope that it is something that makes it so that Akemi is still alive. Said in code or something.

I think she is an interesting and good character that i would like to see more of. Even if only long flah backs.

Akemi died is Conan's arms,so I really doubt she's still alive,unlike Akai.

I also like Akemi but in terms of personality she's just like Ran,so I'm not really interested to see a long flashback with her,except if we learn more about her parents,and their work...

Concerning the PS,I guess it's "please protect my sister,she'll help you to take down the BO",or something like that...

Okiya mentioned he has a promise with a woman in the Froth, Steam, and Smoke case and it relates to why he refused to force Haibara to go with him. Since we know Okiya is Akai, and that promise isn't with Vermouth because Okiya isn't Bourbon, it most likely relates to Akemi and the PS because that is what fits. Given the context, Akemi probably asked Shuuichi if he would promise to watch over Shiho after she was dead.

I think Akemi knew her death was coming and the offer from the Black Organization to let the sisters leave was a trap which is why Akemi decided to double cross them at the end anyway. She messaged Shuuichi to express her true feelings because she would have no other time to do so, and because Shiho has no other family - no one else who could pull her out of the black hell.

Shuuichi has been trying to keep Akemi's promise since confirming Haibara and Shiho are the same person. Unfortunately, Akai has a weird socially awkward personality which means he tends to go very overboard on missions (e.g dumping Jodie partially because dating Akemi for real would be more realistic), so in trying to keep Haibara safe as Okiya he instead scares her because he feels more like a stalker than a protector at times.

• Upvote 2

So, I guess the "That's an important point! I'll be bringing that up in the story later!part references to:

When Okiya appeared in the story, and that he was actually Akai Shuuichi in disguise. That may be to carry out what Akemi probably asked of him in her P. S., which is, highly likely, to protect Shiho from harm (and the Organization). That could also be the promise Okiya/Shuuichi was talking about.

Thanks for the helpful insight, Chekhov!

I am a little bit lost about this topic. Has it been resolved or not yet?

If not (which I think so), my guess is that the P.S. was something like "take care of/protect Shiho". Akai has showed interest in protecting Shiho many times. I actually think that, since he had met her before and she is his lover's little sister, it would be natural for him to care about her. But if this words happened to be Akemi's last words, his "love" for Shiho would have become a kind of special mission instead of natural concern.

I've always wondered what is the P.S. but most likely it would be to protect Shiho. This shows that Akemi knows she will be dead. The thing is that it means the body of the message kinda have no meaning. She asks if they let her go but if she knows that she is gonna be dead, it's either two things. First, probably she hopes that she will be let go. Secondly, it's probably to make the message longer so the P.S. can be hidden. That's my opinion.