Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
ThatLee4

Why did Bourbon lie?

In the case where the detective boys got stuck in the fridge van and send Amour a coded message on a reciept by the stray cat Taii.

Why did Bourbon lie that he did not recieve the reciept as a clue to come?

Was it to down play his detective skillsz

Mess with Conan's detective skills and mess with his head?

Was it to secretly keep the reciept to get Conan's finger prints to find out who he really is?

Or was it something else?

It's easy for him to get Conan's fingerprints, since Conan doesn't usually clean up the tables on a cafe after he eats, y'know. It does bother you and me, but not Conan, he didn't even think out loud like he usually does about it, maybe he'll discuss it in another episode but so far he has shown no sign of suspecting this.

I could add some guesses but it just confuses me too much... But I think it's part of something big. Amuro came back despite them knowing his identity, he's gotten awfully familiar with the Mouri's and Conan thus I can't help but think all this is just a small step to a big plan of his.

It was probably to down play his skills, remember, Bourbon is supposed to be undercover. If he gains attention because of his super sleuth skills then the person he is supposed to hunt down might be on guard.

• Upvote 1

It was probably to down play his skills, remember, Bourbon is supposed to be undercover. If he gains attention because of his super sleuth skills then the person he is supposed to hunt down might be on guard.

But yet his skills are to be expected since he claims to be a detective and has shown more skill than just reading "corpse" and a number in the past. Akai Shuuichi is on guard, Shery is on guard, Conan is on guard, Ran and Kogoro don't have enough potential to be a target, so, who? The detective boys? Mostly these people I have mentioned could give attention to Amuro, but yet none of them would be surprised to see him make such a deduction.

One possibility surfaces though. Could it be that he doesn't want to earn fame as a detective? If he does, fans will look up his past in anyway possible and just going missing wouldn't help... He'll likely be called by clients to solve cases and by the police for help, increasing the risk of his affiliation with the organization being discovered. So, naturally, one who finds out he is a part of a big crime organization will also investigate the organization.

This has crossed my mind many times, however I always go back to the one same flaw. Conan has to hide his detective skills, so his identity won't be discovered. Despite his situation, Conan still feels secure to corner criminals with his deductions even with the detective boys. So far no trouble has come from it. The criminals will forget as time passes in jail and the detective boys can't really make such deductions. So, why would Bourbon be so paranoid about this?

Maybe because he doesn't have the same disguise as Conan, that of a little innocent kid which nobody would take seriously for a detective.

:wacko: