Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 12: Distant Reflections Seen Nearby

Setting:

There are many different worlds, each with their own story, and their own characters. These worlds are mutually exclusive, and their inhabitants do not know of the existence of other worlds. However, all worlds are connected by a single underlying thread.

The Rift is both without location or time. It serves as the only way to travel between worlds, a highway of sorts. Its continued survival is crucial to the stability of all worlds, and its removal would result in the end of all worlds. As a result, the heavens barred access to the Rift for all mortals and even angels, and actively conceal the knowledge of the Rift to prevent evil entities from harming the Rift.

However, you wake up to find yourself in the Rift. The first thing you notice is there is absolutely nothing. White stretches out as far as the eye can see. The floor your two feet stand on glows slightly, to signify that gravity, or whatever force, still exists and bounds you to the ground.

The second thing you notice is that you aren’t alone. You see other people like you trying to grasp their bearings, confused and lost. A few people are still out, having yet to wake up.

The last thing, and the most important thing: you don’t remember anything except for your name. You don't remember who you are, or how you got here.

Characters:

Joshua

Appearance: Medium silver hair, brilliant gold eyes. Wears a plain white shirt and gray pants.

Personality: Arrogant, highly condescending. His expression rarely changes from his default brooding expression, and is rather difficult to read or understand. His offhand remarks, however, show a degree of intelligence beyond the average teenager.

Notes: Yes, this is the same Joshua from round 11, just teenager form. A high-ranking angel who claims to be an “observer” of the group. His actual age is unknown, but estimated to be at least 1000 years old.

His cellphone summons beams of light by default but he can get very creative with his cellphone’s ability by summoning other objects made of light, like cages. He prefers using his abilities through his cellphone, though he can summon light without it.

He is the highest authority among the angels, and is the supreme commander among the angel forces. His motives for saving the IRLers is currently unclear, but according to Alita it was not mere benevolence.

The embodiment of the superego.

Alita (dead)

Appearance: Short red hair, has harsh blue eyes that seem, if looked at straight-on, to have light emanating from them. Wears a Hello Kitty short-sleeved shirt with red pants.

Personality: Appears absent-minded and often pauses for short periods of time during conversations. Acts lazy and unmotivated. Tends to end her sentences with “you know?”. Alita is incredibly intelligent, but tends not to apply herself completely unless the situation is particularly dire.

Notes: From her appearance and personality, you wouldn’t be at fault for thinking Alita was in her teens. You would, however, be wrong - Alita is several thousand years old. She is also an angel, a high-ranking one at that, and reports exclusively to the highest authority among the angel hierarchy.

Her ability is the manipulation of “precedence”. If she raises the “precedence” of herself over any incoming weapon, the weapon is guaranteed to fail. Conversely, if she raises the “precedence” of her own fist over a reinforced wall, her fist will always destroy the wall. She can only temporarily manipulate an object’s “precedence” and only two objects at a time.

To buy time for the IRLers, Alita sacrificed herself to hold back Aero. As she was one of the few high-ranking angels that defended the humans, it is likely the angel army will stake different priorites.

Aero

Appearance: Wears a simple brown hood. Eyes constantly change color - common trait among Jaegers. Has a strange mechanical right arm that appears very disproportionate to the rest of her body.

Personality:
Callous and rude.

Notes: The leader of the Jaegers. In other words, the strongest Jaeger, and the general commander of the Rift army. Has the ability to open holes between worlds into the Rift and from the Rift into other worlds. She likely uses this ability with her mechanical arm. Her ability is the most likely cause of the IRLers presence in the Rift.

Revealed to be a creation of SAISEI to search for a human that it could corrupt, which would result in his freedom.

Moto (dead)

Appearance: Wears a suit. Eye patch over left eye. Eyes change color constantly.

Personality: Enigmatic and collected.

Notes: One of the Jaegers that lead the Rift army. Has the ability to invoke illusions. He can conjure illusions strong enough to make the body react as if they were real.

?????

no known details yet

?????

no known details yet

SAISEI

Appearance: No known appearance.

Personality: Holds a ruthless drive to drive all entities living in all worlds into the corrupting influence of the id. A master manipulator.

Notes: The embodiment of id. Previously sealed away by the angels led by Joshua and the humans led by the first man. With his last power, he created Aero to search for an individual that could free him from the seal. With the seal now broken, SAISEI stands to destroy all worlds.

His power is exactly 166% that of Joshua. His primary ability is his ability to corrupt individuals.

Rules:
> Standard DCW IRL rules, basically. I'm going to be fairly strict with inactivity this round. That's pretty much all.
> No creating NPCs. You'll see why once we begin.

How to Sign Up:
Let's start the new year off with a bang! Signups start in January 1, 2014, Mountain Time! To signup, PM or leave a comment on my profile. I personally decide who makes it, so it may not be first come first serve...

Standard stuff. Note that if you choose to make a background for your character, it has to be a mortal background. (No secret fallen angels this time, sorry.) Also, your character won't remember his/her background at first, so keep that in mind.

Anyways, signups will end January 7, 2014, Mountain Time, which means they have already ended! I will still take late signups, at least a few.

Roleplayers:
- Nara-chan

- Misaki-chan

- Rukia Kurosaki

- Aadikudo

- Phantomach the Reaper

- Lukyan Hondou

- Rye

You wake up in a strange place entirely white. You don't remember anything except for your name, and especially not how you got to this strange place.

As you try to grab your bearings, you realize there are other people with you. Some look confused and lost, and others have already began to strike conversations with others. Perhaps you should talk to the others. They could help you make sense of this situation. At least you know your name, right?

==========================================

New objective: Form a group

How this round will work is through a series of objectives which I will assign to you on a regular basis. The objectives will tend to be extremely vague, and when I feel you've made enough progress towards the objective, I'll call it cleared and assign a new one.

Anyways, round starts now!

I will take a few more late signups, if there's people that still want to join.

Name : Prem

Appearance : Mostly wears his Black MM TShirt, or a White Shirt with blue collar, along with a cyan half Sweater, as the temperature flickers...

Is Tall (5'11")... Somewhat Curly hair, and are annoying to maintain... Has a very small but cute mustache, to avoid his hairstyle become like medusa's he mostly wears a black cap...

Nature : A bit quiet with new people, helpful, eats less, sleeps for long, fun to hangout, gets angry rarely, you just need to talk sweet to anything done... Is mostly supportive, has been taking Italian lessons recently but they don't seem to be of any use as of yet, and else that he's a regular boy with Indian accent... ;)

Lying on the white illuminated floor with still with his eyes closed, slowly slowly coming to his conscious mind, Prem started talking to himself, "Ouch my head pains awful, did i have a hangover again..? Geez I feel like my head is gonna Burst, i feel so broken..". Finally with a relaxed mind but still too lazy to open his eyes he suddenly wondered. " what time is it already..? Time..? What day..? What month..? Where am I anyway..?" The thoughts grew spookier and spookier...

Now Prem could hear some people talking, his thoughts were going wild thinking about the possibilities... It was time he had to be introduced to the happenings around him, he opened his eyes....

At first it was all blurry and white , but as the focus cleared... he couldn't believe his eyes.. People believe what they see but here it was like his eyes were deceiving him the most they could... There was NOTHING..! It was all white..! white everywhere..! It seemed to be never ending...

Prem could still hear people talking, he turned still lying on the white floor... Finally there were people.. There were many people... "Well wonder why are they here..? Actually how i got here should be the question i ask myself..!? Let me think, think, think... ------ My name is Prem... Ummm... aaand... umm----! "

Prem sat upright in surprise..! He had a Pale expression...

"Damn! My mind is completely blank..! Who am I, What am I..?"

Prem stood up, he saw almost a bunch of people, There were still some people who were lying unconscious, the one who were up were already having a pale expression just like Prem...

Prem somehow had the feeling that everyone else is just as clueless as him but now he had to make use a every resource... He walked upto a group there were 3 people standing... "What should I say, wouldnt i look stupid asking them that 'did u know who i am'..?"

He went and stood beside them trying to hear there conversation.. He was hoping that someone else would approach him..

[Hope I am going right with this]

Name: Alice

Appearance: Straight black hair reaching above collar, parted bangs from middle. A long plain black shirt and black denims. No shoes, ventilated white socks with a tough base.

Background:
Amnesia

Personality:
Expresses lots of emotions but her face remains stoic. Has a soft voice and doesn't like to yell

She didn't where she was, in this realm of pure white. The floor glowed white, full of luster and silkily smooth, yet showed no reflection except her light gray shadow.

She got up slowly and straightened her black shirt, not feeling tired and placed her right hand at the nape of her neck, the other resting in the left hip-pocket of black denims.

She didn't know how high it was, or for how long it stretched. Alice, her name was. She wandered off, not knowing where she was or why she was here.

Alice ran her hands through her hair, looking lost, her sock-shoes making no noise. She saw something then, a mere speck in the distance in this void filled with white. It was then she ran, as she could, brown eyes ignited with hope when the speck turned into a definite shape the more she ran, and their number increased as well.

She was relieved she wasn't alone and as she slowed down, hands on her knees, she forgot where she was except the company she was in.

"Damn! My mind is completely blank..! Who am I, What am I..?" the boy nearest to her spoke to himself. His attention was focused on the group of other three girls there, not Alice.

Small wispy curls protruded from the edges of the black cap he wore, showing his wavy hair around his ears. The color of his sweater was and shirt was bit tacky for her tastes, and he seemed taller than her by a few inches at least.

"Maybe this is hell?" Alice said quietly and mischievously, walking up to the boy on the floor, offering him a hand. Her face was blank and for a moment the boy wondered if it was someone else who said it, for the volume of the voice was too low.

Alice covered her face with her other hand for a few seconds when he looked towards her until she was sure her facial muscles had twitched every ridiculously embarrassing way possible the way they did when she met someone for the first time.

"Name's Alice. Yours?"

Name: Iyana Ramirez

Appearance;Deep violet eyes behind glasses, long, black curly hair held back with a headband. Usually wears a small dress paired with leggings and ballet flats. Always wears a small body bag filled with matches, money and her cellphone.

Personality; She is a self-proclaimed survivalist, nature-lover, and Greek mythology nut, but is liable to break down at the smallest insult. As a result, she is a loner and a social outcast. She is also ADHD, so she easily gets bored and walks around quite often. Also says random things out of nowhere.

She blinked once. Twice. There was totally nothing.

"Okay, first step, assess your environment." She said aloud, although she didn't know where that had sprung from. She did it anyway. It was just as she had seen it when she woke up: White in all directions and with other people in the  same confused state as she was.

'Second step: look for danger." If the people with her weren't flesh-eating zombies or something, she was totally safe.

She sat cross-legged on the...floor? The only thing she remembered was her name; Iyana Ramirez. After she looked around in her belongings, she found a body bag slung over her shoulder containing matches and food. Huh, maybe she had been an arsonist, or a spoiled rich kid. She had no idea.

If she wanted to bust out of here, she needed help.

Iyana stood up shakily, and walked over to a group of befuzzled people (she wondered how she knew that word. Maybe she had been a debater) and said. "Um, hi?"

Name: Tamsin Reicher

Appearance: Tamsin has a clear complexion but is quite pale. She has straight, short blue-dyed hair that is always pulled into a tiny ponytail in the back. Her bangs fall over her left eye, leaving her slate-grey right visible. At slightly below average height, Tamsin's figure is somewhat awkward. She has the lean, muscular shape of a martial artist, but smaller, and still has a feminine figure. Normally she's in a grey ribbed-tanktop, red flannel shirt, and dark blue jeans, but goes about barefoot unless it's remarkably chilly. She also wears black fingerless gloves that velcro over the wrist, similar to strength-training gloves with palm grips.

Personality/Bio: To be revealed through the rp.

Cold... This was the first thought that came to Tamsin's mind when her consciousness roused her. Blinking away the sleepiness that always lingered after rest, she found herself facedown on a rather chilly, luminescent white floor. Stretching, the girl propped herself up on her hands and looked around. There was nothing but cold white all around, with a few broken patches of darkness.

Tamsin hopped up, regretting her lack of footwear for a moment as cold seeped into the balls of her feet. Dark blue flopped over her left eye, and she grabbed at the hair, wondering why she'd styled it that way. It was a bit annoying, hanging over her eye. And blue? Reaching to the back of her head with a half-gloved hand, she felt a tuft that she assumed was supposed to be a ponytail. "So I'm a f***ing punk." With a frown, she cracked her neck and sighed, grumbling, "What's all this?" She didn't remember coming here... In fact, there was just about nothing in her memory bank. "Name... Tamsin... Reicher. Age?" She couldn't recall that bit, but looking down at herself, she decided she was probably a teenager, maybe an adult.

"Damn, I'm short," she muttered, trying to gauge the distance to the floor. Grey tanktop, blue jeans, red flannel... Colors were good. They distracted from the glowing white that was starting to irk her. Frowning as she wondered what she looked and acted like normally, Tamsin felt almost naturally inclined to shrug it off and do something useful. "I'm probably weird," she sighed, now wondering how she knew speech and terminology but had forgotten her life. Cracking her knuckles, the girl again took a look at the surroundings; a couple of the dark areas were shifting, and Tamsin decided they were living things. "With any luck, human."

The glow of what she assumed was the floor of some room kept the way light, not that the surrounding nothingness didn't. There were a few people lying on the floor, and just in the distance two others, standing possibly. She mumbled, "Better see what the hell's up," and made her way to the awakened cohabitants of what Tamsin decided was the weirdest room she'd been in. It was a shoo-in, considering it was the only one she could recall having been in. The two she could see were unaware of her presence, and the closer of the two didn't appear to be walking anywhere. She didn't think either of them knew her, but that guess was based on appearance alone. 

After a moment, she could make out that they were a curly-headed boy and a girl with black clothes and hair. The boy lingered on his own, not asking anything but looking a bit anxious as he mumbled to himself. The girl approached and said something, but Tamsin had to read her lips to get it from even that short distance. 'Maybe this is hell' she'd said... Talking to the boy with the cap, she supposed. Looking at the two, then back at a third awakened person, she frowned. "Um, hi?" the bespectacled younger girl tried. With another sigh, Tamsin dropped her questions, knowing by their expressions that no one else had a clue what was going on either. Instead she answered the small girl. "Hey..."

(It's difficult to write an opening when everyone before you says there's a group, and no one's in it... So I eliminated the standing group of three from the first posts that for now is impossible with the amount of people who've just walked over there in confusion. 

I won't say anything about Tamsin's personality yet, but I've decided she curses a lot. xP))

"maybe it's hell"... Prem heard it, and was stunned for a second, he turned face with a jerk...

There she was, a pretty lady standing... Prem glared at her, he was confirming his senses... "Yep it's a Human Girl. Is she short..? Nuh dumbo I myself is too damn tall..."

"Um... My name's Alice, what's yours.?" she said, I mean Alice said... Prem thinking to himself, "Looks like she figured out I was creeped by her statement, well she is acting nice, I should say something too..."

Prem who usually was a little scared and shy to talk to strangers, suddenly wasnt really feeling so scared... Alice's eyes somehow reflected his condition...

Just as Prem was about to say...

"umm, h..."

--"Hi..!"

There was a girl standing, she had a very smart look... Her appearance somehow filled Prem eyes with colors which had been bored with the White surroundings...

Suddenly coming back to Alice.. Prem saw Alice smiling at the Blue Haired girl... Somehow now Prem was feeling cozy around these two girls... He smirked a little idiotically, and looked up and said "Hi... I m Prem" and the smirked changed into a smile...

All three knew that for the moment they are going to be the support for each other...

Oh joy. Alice thought, seeing the stars twinkle in the eyes of a boy called Prem. "Aren't you our average shounen hero in a harem setting? what secret powers do you have?" She said, her tone sarcastic but her face betraying no emotion. She turned to Tamsin. "Nice hair." she whistled.

Tamsin looked away from the small girl at the others' words. 'Prem and Alice, huh?' The guy looked oddly happy considering they were all in an unknown location with no apparent knowledge of how they'd arrived, and she assumed he was either high or had a concussion. She flinched at Alice's 'harem' remark, glancing at the younger Iyana before giving Alice a red-faced stare. That wasn't exactly an appropriate joke in their situation. "That's-"

"Nice hair," the other girl whistled. Tamsin shrugged and glanced at the navy bangs hanging over her eye. "I guess it's something I like... It's kinda weird not knowing what I look like though." With a frown, the grey eyed girl added, "My name's Tamsin... but uh, that's kinda it as far as knowing things goes."

Though all were speaking less, and trying to avoid the real problem, but Prem being a lil stupid about human nature, brought it up, "All right, I guess we have shared all that we knew... Now let's find out about this place"

Prem was getting to grow a little concerned...

"Let's find someone who is less likely to wet their pants" Prem said trying to be a little sarcastic, but it didn't really work out as he had already tensed the situation...

He was ready to move but still was waiting for the approval of the two ladies standing infront of him...

[[We need to get Iyana with us]]

There was a moment of silence following Prem's words. Tamsin decided to break it with a serious, "You better not actually piss your pants..." With a grimace, the blue-haired girl turned back to the only person who hadn't been introduced yet, the younger girl. "Hey... You know your name too, right?" she asked, a friendly smile appearing on her formerly dark face.

Name: Misaki

Appearance: Short black hair (more "masculine" hair cut), 5'9, dark brown eyes, tanned, slightly muscular, very androgynous, dressed in light armor with a somewhat loose white button-up and brown slacks underneath, has a belt with several small bags containing various things she's collected on her travels as well as a sword hanging off of it

Personality: Loves to help those in need, courageous, trusting to a fault, very black and white view of good and evil, is horrible at asking for help, loyal, chivalrous, resourceful, doesn't know when to quit

Background: In the world Misaki inhabits, there are plenty of things to save people from and plenty of protectors to do so. Due to being rescued as a child by a protector, it was obvious to her that she had to be just like them and as a result at the young age of 16 she joined the academy for protectors to achieve her goals. Now, at the age of 19 she roams the country ready to fight whatever needs to be defeated.

The first thing Misaki saw was white. As she sat up, head pounding and armor clinking together- Wait, armor? Why am I wearing armor...? Why am I here? Where was I before I was here?

Besides her name, she could remember nothing. What's going on...?

Quickly, she looked at her body to see what exactly she had. Hanging from her waist was a sword along with several bags lining a belt. Digging through them led her to find that she had a variety of things in them, from food to bandages to... a tail? Another question added to the list.

Around her she could hear people talking, though the distance between them and her made it hard to distinguish exactly what they were saying. So she got up and began her way over to the group. "Hello," she said, her deep voice tinged with an accent. "May I ask if any of you happen to know where we are?"

"Hey.."

The girl turned, revealing stormy gray eyes that reminded her of someone....

"Aren't you our average shounen hero in a harem setting? what secret powers do you have?" While she was thinking of who, a girl and a boy were already talking to the blue-haired girl. "Nice hair." said the other girl.

"I guess it's something I like... It's kinda weird not knowing what I look like though. "My name's Tamsin... but uh, that's kinda it as far as knowing things goes." Tasmin, huh...Why does she remind me of someone....

"Hey, you know your name too, right?" With a jolt, Iyana realized that she was talking to her. 

"Um, yes. My names Iyana Ramirez. That's all I know." Part of her wanted to crawl into a corner and cry and stare at the blank white floor, but that would be embarrassing, even for an amnesiac girl. "For some reason, I found these with me." she added, bringing out her matches and money. But she felt something that she didn't notice before: her cellphone. "Excuse me.." she said, as she filtered the contents of her phone. All the messages and contacts had been deleted, dang it, but she found a message in her notes:

"Welcome back. Your task is the same as before."

"Huh?" she mumbled. The others, Prem, Alice and Tasmin had huddled near the message, oblivious to the arrival of a new person.

"May I ask if any of you happen to know where we are?"

Iyana scratched her head. "I'm afraid not. My name's Iyana. These are Prem, Alice and Tasmin. You know your name, right?"

Cool armor. Alice thought. She looked around and yawned, covering her mouth before sitting on the floor, cross-legged. She was bored to tears.

"We know our names, we don't know where we are or why. And I'm hungry." She said to her companions. "So, what do those bags contain?" Alice asked Misaki nicely, her hand traveling to her neck again.

"Piss my pants..? I guess I should keep the level of my sarcasm down, cuz it's being used against me.." Prem thought staring at Tamsin with his both eyebrows raised...

Prem didn't even had rested his thoughts when Tamsin approached another young girl with glasses who was standing just beside us...

The first thing that came to Prem's mind was, "Oh, another GIRL..?"

Soon after the introduction to Iyana ended, Prem was more keen on finding a boy next... He didn't really took interest to say hello... The introduction too was done by Tamsin, who seemed to be the only one giving out the positive vibe...Only when the cellphone popped up Prem had noticed Iyana's presence properly...

"Welcome back, your task is same as before"...

"Great that is just, great" Prem said very lightly and just as his eyes rolled up the mobile screen, there she was, another girl standing in front of the white surroundings...

"Damn, what is the sex ratio of this place..? Am I the only boy??" Prem was growing impatient about this. ..

Iyana was the first to greet her, but her armour had caught the attention of every body..."Clink clank " was the sound she made while approaching all of them...

As Alice sat and asked Misaki of her resources, Prem asked Alice curiously, "Alice, are you still feeling sleepy..?"

The question wasn't even answered and Prem exclaimed in his thoughts, " Is that a tail..!?"

The girl looked like someone she knew, but she couldn't place exactly who.

Alice sat down on the pristine white floor. "And I'm hungry." was all she heard. Prem replied in a thick Indian accent, "Alice, are you still feeling sleepy..?"

"Well, people can't live without sleep, right? Whoever placed us here must have a purpose. I don't know if it's good or bad, but he or she wouldn't want us to die here before that person can use us." she said shyly. "Resources must be around here somewhere. We should split up to find resources.." 

She turned to Prem. "And to answer your question, maybe the person who placed us here was a boy hater, but needed to hve one, even if that person didn't approve." she said quietly.

One of the girls scratched her head. "I'm afraid not. My name's Iyana. These are Prem, Alice and Tasmin. You know your name, right?"

Misaki nodded. "Misaki," she replied.

One of the others, Alice, looked around and yawned, covering her mouth before sitting on the floor, cross-legged and looking rather bored. "We know our names, we don't know where we are or why. And I'm hungry," she said to her companions. "So, what do those bags contain?" Alice asked Misaki nicely, her hand traveling to her neck.

"Ah, I have food, here."

She quickly dug through her bag before she pulled out some jerky and handed it to the girl. "Would anyone else like some?" she asked.

Ignore this post

People around him didn't seemed to have noticed the tail...

They continued with their talks...

Alice already had started to eat what she got by our newest friend, but Prem was astonished... He moved his hand to his lower back to check if it was normal or not, "Nope, I don't have one"... Prem glanced and noticed no one else had them too..!

He turned to Misaki, her hand was still handling her bag... Misaki was waiting for a reply to her offering of Food...

Prem was a little nervous, he didn't knew what would the reaction be... So he spoke very lightly, "Misaki, where did you get that tail from..?"

Misaki looked upto him and Prem thought, "oops..." and he closed his eyes and turned his head down, he felt it should have been asked nicely...

"Tail?" asked Iyana. She stared at the newcomer Her stomach was practically shouting Gimme the jerky! but she was too shy to ask from the new survivor girl, Misaki. At first sight, Iyana thought she was a boy, but the name Misaki proved her wrong.

The girl seemed familiar, but she couldn't really place where. In real life? In a  book? "Argh!!" she screamed in frustration. Everyone turned and looked at her. Her cheeks turned red, and she bowed her head down in embarassment, fiddling with her body bag.

"Soo, any thoughts about the whole splitting-up idea?"

(Hey, answer me)

Misaki had a familiar air about her. It wasn't just the armor that spoke of one trained to protect. Even if she didn't remember it, the woman had an aura to match, one that Tamsin found eerily familiar. 'But I don't look anything like her. If anything, I appear the type of pseudo-rebellious teen that's the problem for people like her...' She tugged at her bangs and sighed, hoping they'd get some clues to work on about their identities. At the offer of jerky, the blue-haired woman nearly turned it down, but she noticed that although the others looked hungry, only Alice had taken a piece. Tamsin grabbed a proffered strip of meat and passed it to Iyana. "Hey, you should eat," she mumbled, thinking about the weird-looking cell phone the girl had taken from her pocket. "I also think sticking together is the best idea... There could be dangers around, and if someone gets lost, we'll have a problem pulling together..."

Turning away from the group and digging through the pockets of her blue jeans, Tamsin found half of a metal stylus, an antique swiss army knife, a plastic baggie of something she'd identify later, and a palm-sized piece of silver metal with a screen and two panels. Fiddling with it, she discovered that one of the panels was in fact a small screen.  There was a green light on the screen, and as it flashed, Tamsin had an idea. She pressed her thumb to it and put her ear close, wondering what the power source was for the object. After three seconds, the piece let out a soft buzz and a blank, robotic voice said, "Off- deactiv-. Data ba- erased..." With an annoyed sigh she stuffed the aggravatingly useless piece of technology back in her pocket. 'Dammit, coulda had something there...'

Objective complete.

Out of the blue, a small shop appeared in the distance. As you got closer, you could read the name on the sign - "Twelve Kirin Cafe".

You exchange uneasy glances, then open the double doors into this cafe. The inside of the store was mostly barren, with a single large round table with chairs around it. On the table there was a coffee cup was there for each of you, full of black coffee. A short red haired teenager was sitting at the table, talking to the silver haired one behind the counter at the back of the room.

"It's cruel, you know, even for that guy to turn him into alphabet soup," the girl was saying. The other one shrugged his shoulders and replied, "I guess it's a cruel and unusual punishment. That's why it fits him." The silver haired one turned his attention to your group, and gestured to the table. "It's ready for you."

You share more uneasy glances, then take a seat at the table. For a moment, everyone is silent, then the girl spoke up, "You should probably drink that before it gets too cold."

You grab the cup in front of you and look at the insides. A black, steaming liquid awaits. You take a small drink, and all of a sudden a jolt goes through your head. You put the cup down and try to recover from the extreme bitterness of the coffee. When you recover your senses, you realize the cup is empty, and the silver-headed one was going around the table collecting cups.

"What you drank right now was a kind of poison. In larger doses it would've killed you. Luckily, none of you decided to down the whole cup, though I imagine you will all be a bit nauseous for a while," the silver-headed one explained.

"Fight poison with poison. The Rift, where you are right now, is poisonous. Stay too long and you melt, you know." She paused for a moment. "Right now you should be fine," the red hair girl continued.

The silver-headed one stacked all the paper cups and threw them away. Then he turned to look at the group. "I don't know why you're here, but until we can get you out, we have to make sure you stay alive." He paused, then continued. "I'm sure you want an explanation for recent events."

"Someone threw you into this world. We've been trying to find this individual...but she's an elusive one," the red-haired one explained.

"Yes, and you should feel lucky we managed to get to you before you all died. I think this is a good time for introductions. I go by Joshua and the girl there is Alita. I'm just a simple coffee shop owner."

The last part was such an obvious lie it was painful. "And right now, you're in the Rift, a place between worlds, with no known way out. As for your memories, they've been scattered upon entry in the Rift. I managed to collect a few pieces and slip them in what you drank, so you should start remembering some things about yourself. Before you can leave, you need to gather your memories."

Objective: understand your situation

With jaws dropped, Prem was staring at Joshua... "Lucky?! We are stuck in a place which is nowhere, and filled with poison and some of the thing I can remember is my Facebook password and my favourite underwear and by feeding us on poison you want to state us as lucky..?" As he ended the sentence his voice faded and the pitch went high...

" I don't see a way to believe you guys, I know what it is..! It's a dream..! I'll just pinch myself and I'll be off this suffocating 'nowhere' place..." with the ending of his sentence, he pinched himself, he closed his eyes tightly, hoping to wake up and see his study table and almirah beside his bed...

But it was no use... "Calm down Prem, don't try to hard on yourself.. " said Alice...

[[Hope you don't mind AL.. :P ]]

As she handed the jerky to Alice and Tasmin, she noticed the girl with the strange blue hair give it to Iyana. Misaki smiled at the gestured. She loved people who helped others. From her left, Prim asked, "Misaki, where did you get that tail from..?" 

"Tail?" asked Iyana, staring at her.

"Hm?" she said before looking down at her bags, where the tail she had found was hanging out. After tucking it back into her bag, she answered, "Ah, that. I'm afraid I'm unaware of its origins at the moment due to the loss of memory though if I remember I will be sure to tell you."

"Argh!!" Iyana suddenly screamed, sounding terribly frustrated. Misaki turned and looked at her, quickly assessing to see if there was anyway she could help. The girl's cheeks turned red, and she bowed her head down in embarrassment, fiddling with her bag.

"Soo, any thoughts about the whole splitting-up idea?" 

"I also think sticking together is the best idea..." said Tasmin. "There could be dangers around, and if someone gets lost, we'll have a problem pulling together..."

As the blue haired girl turned away from the group, Misaki added, "I agree with Tasmin. We remain unaware of the dangers in this area so to wander off on our own would be ill-advised. If we were to remain together, we'd have a better chance of defeating whatever we face."

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see a small shop appeared in the distance. "What is that?" she asked, pointing to the building.

"Let's go and find out," someone said.

As the group got closer, the name on the sign - "Twelve Kirin Cafe" - became easier to read. What is a cafe?

She glanced at the others, who looked uneasy despite herself feeling fine, before opening the double doors into the shop. The inside of the store was mostly empty, with the exception of a single large round table with chairs around it. On the table there were five cups, enough for everyone, full of a dark liquid. A short red haired teenager was sitting at the table, talking to the silver haired one behind the counter at the back of the room.

"It's cruel, you know, even for that guy to turn him into alphabet soup," the girl said. Immediately this had Misaki getting ready to draw her sword. A cruel being! I need to defeat him. But not yet... I need to know how to defeat him before charging into battle.

She kept her hand near her sword as the other one shrugged his shoulders and replied, "I guess it's a cruel and unusual punishment. That's why it fits him."

Suddenly the silvered hair boy turned to the group and gestured to the table. "It's ready for you."

Misaki quickly glanced over at the others who were taking a seat at the table. She followed, only because she didn't want to look suspicious and raise the guard of the beings. For a moment, everyone is silent, then the girl spoke up, "You should probably drink that before it gets too cold."

She looked at the cup, where a black, steaming liquid awaits. Misaki quickly took a small sip before everyone else, testing it in case it proved fatal and so she could stop the others from drinking it. The second the drink went down her throat a jolt went through her head, causing her to drop her cup and clutch her head. She can barely see or talk from the extreme bitterness overwhelming her sense. After a minute, she recovered and noticed  the cup is empty. The silver-headed one went around the table collecting cups.

"What you drank right now was a kind of poison. In larger doses it would've killed you. Luckily, none of you decided to down the whole cup, though I imagine you will all be a bit nauseous for a while," the silver-headed one explained.

Poison?! How-

"Fight poison with poison. The Rift, where you are right now, is poisonous. Stay too long and you melt, you know."

She paused for a moment before continuing, "Right now you should be fine."

The silver-headed one stacked all the paper cups before throwing them away. He then turned to look at the group. "I don't know why you're here, but until we can get you out, we have to make sure you stay alive." He paused, then continued. "I'm sure you want an explanation for recent events."

"Someone threw you into this world. We've been trying to find this individual...but she's an elusive one," the red-haired one explained.

"Yes, and you should feel lucky we managed to get to you before you all died. I think this is a good time for introductions. I go by Joshua and the girl there is Alita. I'm just a simple coffee shop owner."

The last part was obviously a lie. She hated liars. "And right now, you're in the Rift, a place between worlds, with no known way out. As for your memories, they've been scattered upon entry in the Rift. I managed to collect a few pieces and slip them in what you drank, so you should start remembering some things about yourself. Before you can leave, you need to gather your memories."

Joshua had not lied about starting to remember. She could see flashes of her childhood, from a glimpse of her parents to seconds from various trips.

"Lucky?! We are stuck in a place which is nowhere, and filled with poison and some of the thing I can remember is my Facebook password and my favourite underwear and by feeding us on poison you want to state us as lucky..?" Prem said, his voice going higher and softer with each word. "I don't see a way to believe you guys, I know what it is..! It's a dream..! I'll just pinch myself and I'll be off this suffocating 'nowhere' place..." 

As the boy pinched himself, Alice said, "Calm down Prem, don't try to hard on yourself..."

"Do not worry Prem, I am sure we will get out of this situation," Misaki said, looking confident. However, that confidence was lost to confusion as she asked, "But what exactly is a... Facebook? Is it a book full of pictures?"

"Do not worry Prem, I am sure we will get out of this situation," Misaki said, looking confident. However, that confidence was lost to confusion as she asked, "But what exactly is a... Facebook? Is it a book full of pictures?"

"No... " Prem smiled and along with that smile he started to think about what all he still remembers...

"It's a place... Umm a place..? Yeah I guess, that's the term I can come up with to describe it... Anyways, people interact there through some 'chat' kind of thing " he said with uncertainty...

"Leave Facebook.. We've got bigger problems at the moment.. What do you folks remember..? "