Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Livanov-Holmes

Greetings from Holmesian Russian Mad Scientist

Good evening, my name is Geno (Evgeny). I'm a Ukrainian/Russian electrical engineer living in Pennsylvania. My family immigrated to America when I was 10. I have been a Sherlock Holmes fan for many years now. I read all the books multiple times and will probably read them 100 times more before I die. I love Jeremy Brett Granada Holmes series, BBC Holmes series, and the Russian Holmes movies.

I love Detective Conan (Case Closed) obviously. Saw all the dubbed episodes and a few of the subbed ones. Planning to rewatch all the dubbed ones and watch all the subbed ones very soon. I love anime, and animation in general. Some of my favorite animes are Case Closed, Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha, Samurai Champloo, Paranoia Agent, and etc.

I love reading and books. I am especially fond of 19th century literature. I'm also into philosophy and apologetics (analysis and defense of Christianity from a logical/historical/philosophical point of view)

I'm an electrical engineer. I play with thousands of killo-watts on a daily basis and program embedded systems to control high voltage power electronics devices. I'm also a maker and DIY guy. I work on many projects, build robots, mess around with tesla coils, and everything else electronic. You might see me at one of the Maker Fairs in USA presenting some crazy invention.

Nice to meet everyone.

-Geno

Good evening, my name is Geno (Evgeny). I'm a Ukrainian/Russian electrical engineer living in Pennsylvania. My family immigrated to America when I was 10. I have been a Sherlock Holmes fan for many years now. I read all the books multiple times and will probably read them 100 times more before I die. I love Jeremy Brett Granada Holmes series, BBC Holmes series, and the Russian Holmes movies.

I love Detective Conan (Case Closed) obviously. Saw all the dubbed episodes and a few of the subbed ones. Planning to rewatch all the dubbed ones and watch all the subbed ones very soon.

Great to see another Holmes fan. I'm pretty knowledgeable on Holmes although I haven't read the books or short stories, I'm waiting to improve my english a little more so I can fully understand it. The translators here always change the story instead of the language hence I have to read it in english.

Might be too much of a personal opinion, but I have watched the dubbed (case closed) episodes once and rewatching them seems like a waste of time. I like the originality of Japanese and the language. Plus, the dubbed version went into a dead end. :(

Welcome...uhmmm...you're obviously a nii-chan. ^_^..... Yeah, subbed versions are much better IMO. Good luck watching! and Hope you'll spend more time here.... :D