Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Modern Holmes

Suggestions & Ideas regarding the forums

Yo, oreda.

I'd like to contribute with some ideas, it'd be great if you'd take the time to hear me out.

Calendar Events

I know this would take a lot of effort to do and keep up, but it'd be great to have it. What I would like on calendar events is, aside from member birthdays (so, so, can we please not see the birthdays of inactive members? they're too many >.< ), are DC anime new episode airing time and dates. It would avoid a lot of confusion and questions about next episode's airing time. It would also lure more people here. Same could be done with manga, making events for the days when new manga volumes will be published.

A few renames

Making news & updates "DC News" or only "News", about the updates, I will cover up their fate later in this post, if you have the time and patience. To simplify things, you could also rename "Introduce Yourself" to "Introductions". It would be helpful to change "Report broken links" to "Report an Issue" which would be more general and cover more than broken links only. 

Additions and Removals

Removing "Detective Conan World" from "Site" along with it's subforum. Adding "DCW Announcements & Updates" in Announcements and adding "General Discussion" in "Site" as the forum to discuss about DCW-related matters.

Since if these would be done, a lot of topics would be lost, or would have to be moved which is hard, I don't think it's that necessary. Please Lock.

Hello Modern Holmes! Thank you for your ideas and suggestions.

Unfortunately as a moderator I don't really have enough authority to decide most of these matters (both theoretically and technically), because Maurice is the only one who can add/remove/rename a forum or sub-forum. Therefore you'll have to convince him.

About the calendar, I personally don't think it's a bad idea. The only problem is while practically it's not difficult, since release/air dates can be easily retrieved from the Wiki or other sites, but like you say it would require more work and I'm not sure if there's anyone who'll be willing to do that. On the bright side, we can only confirm the episodes of the following month and maybe the volumes of the following year, so it's not much of a burden either. I want to hear other moderators and members' opinions first. On a side note, if you don't want to see the members' birthdays, you can click the tiny "x" to make them disappear (you have to move your mouse pointer to the "Today's birthdays" area to make the "x" show up).

Hello Modern Holmes! Thank you for your ideas and suggestions.

Unfortunately as a moderator I don't really have enough authority to decide most of these matters (both theoretically and technically), because Maurice is the only one who can add/remove/rename a forum or sub-forum. Therefore you'll have to convince him.

About the calendar, I personally don't think it's a bad idea. The only problem is while practically it's not difficult, since release/air dates can be easily retrieved from the Wiki or other sites, but like you say it would require more work and I'm not sure if there's anyone who'll be willing to do that. I want to hear other moderators and members' opinions first. On a side note, if you don't want to see the members' birthdays, you can click the tiny "x" to make them disappear (you have to move your mouse pointer to the "Today's birthdays" area to make the "x" show up).

Since this isn't the first community that I join and has this forum software, I already knew that. It is okay to see the members' birthdays, but the ones that stopped being active long ago piss me off. I'll just work with that I guess. No biggie anyways.

Thanks for your opinion anyways. :)

Just noticed that there's a forum named "Movies and OAVs". Shouldn't it be "Movies and OVAs"?

That hit me too. To clear my doubts, I google searched a definition of "OVA" and I got a result which states " Original Animation Video (OAV/OVA)" so, I didn't question it.

The reason I checked before just typing it, is that not only on the title, but "OAV" was written in the description aswell. Knowing the amount of Japanese people that visit here, I doubted it would be left unnoticed for like 4 years.

That hit me too. To clear my doubts, I google searched a definition of "OVA" and I got a result which states " Original Animation Video (OAV/OVA)" so, I didn't question it.

The reason I checked before just typing it, is that not only on the title, but "OAV" was written in the description aswell. Knowing the amount of Japanese people that visit here, I doubted it would be left unnoticed for like 4 years.

Dunno, but on the subs it always says OVA

One thing, also, I hope that there would be notifications when someone comments on your status.

You can go to "Notification Options", in "Status Updates", check "Notify me of replies to my status updates". You may also want to check "Notify me of replies to status updates I have replied to".

You can go to "Notification Options", in "Status Updates", check "Notify me of replies to my status updates". You may also want to check "Notify me of replies to status updates I have replied to".

Aww..... stupid me....Thanks! That's really a great help.

I know this is old thread but I like to revive as I can't duplicate title and newcomer has great minds. This thread can be for any wishes to start new topic since we can use existing thread. I'm not a mod, just like title. Can have Q&A compile together if one wishes to consult? If any one ask questions about wiki and forum, and don't think mod is receptionist; I just learn many changes and like to learn more instead asking questions, can have Q&As so any other newcomer won't make mistakes?