Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Movie 18: Dimensional Sniper

Is it true that movie 19 is coming!! I have seen a picture and there is no title for the movie only a date "April 19, 2015"

And this is the picture:

http://nlucilfer.tumblr.com/image/83329271031

*I think the picture is took from the cinema in the end of movie 18*

Conan needs to save Ran from a 60 meter tall sunflower that kicked a hole in Kogoro's detective agency.

^confirmed.

• Upvote 2

Just in case you haven't seen these pictures Wakarimashita posted:

From DCTP

Jjzk8MD.jpg

4Y1eFOB.jpg

ran0A0c.jpg

AZFGMLn.jpg

Also here are some non-culprit-identifying end-of-the-movie spoilers about Okiya's involvement in the plot and how the Akai bit works. I'm not sure about the exact chronological order of events.

After Masumi gets shot, Okiya stops by the hospital to give her flowers. Masumi was sleeping and doesn't see who delivered them, but Ran notices Okiya leaving the hospital as she enters and the flowers in Sera's room.

Okiya gets a text message from someone, who is ultimately revealed to be James Black.

Ran beats up the culprit.

Okiya apparently snipes someone.

At the very end of the film, as in the very last minute, it is revealed that Okiya had been communicating with James Black earlier in the film. Okiya takes a call from James Black, takes off a voice changing device that was attached to his collar, and speaks in Akai's voice very briefly. Okiya is confirmed to be Akai, at least in non-canon movies, and James Black knew about it.

• Upvote 1

From DCTP

Also here are some non-culprit-identifying end-of-the-movie spoilers about Okiya's involvement in the plot and how the Akai bit works. I'm not sure about the exact chronological order of events.

After Masumi gets shot, Okiya stops by the hospital to give her flowers. Masumi was sleeping and doesn't see who delivered them, but Ran notices Okiya leaving the hospital as she enters and the flowers in Sera's room.

Okiya gets a text message from someone, who is ultimately revealed to be James Black.

At the very end of the film, as in the very last minute, it is revealed that Okiya had been communicating with James Black earlier in the film. Okiya takes a call from James Black, takes off a voice changing device that was attached to his collar, and speaks in Akai's voice very briefly. Okiya is confirmed to be Akai, at least in non-canon movies, and James Black knew about it.

They better had a long talk with Gosho before doing a scene like that

From DCTP

I was literally jumping while reading this... Desperate for Movie 18 now...

Well, I was in Tokyo during 19 April to 25 April. So yea, I definitely watched this in cinema on the very 2nd day after its launch.

1621673_10154036712710654_41581332305628

So since the movie has been released, I guess it won't be that much of spoilers if I spill a bit?

1) Okiya Subaru is involved. However he only appear in the end to get the job done. Remember this movie is all about sniper, and Akai is definite a good sniper as shown when he shot Gin from afar.
2) James Black knows that Okiya Subaru = Akai Shuuichi, and kept it secret from Jodie and Andre. Well, the less people know the better. It is revealed when he called Okiya to check whether the job is done.

Overall, the theme is rather dark but was less tense than the previous one. The movie setting is all around the Tokyo Skytree and the area around Asakusa.

AND most importanly, and as usual and the end of the movie, Detective Conan Movie 19 is coming April 2015. This shall put off all those rumors.

• Upvote 1

Well, I was in Tokyo during 19 April to 25 April. So yea, I definitely watched this in cinema on the very 2nd day after its launch.

So since the movie has been released, I guess it won't be that much of spoilers if I spill a bit?

1) Okiya Subaru is involved. However he only appear in the end to get the job done. Remember this movie is all about sniper, and Akai is definite a good sniper as shown when he shot Gin from afar.

2) James Black knows that Okiya Subaru = Akai Shuuichi, and kept it secret from Jodie and Andre. Well, the less people know the better. It is revealed when he called Okiya to check whether the job is done.

Overall, the theme is rather dark but was less tense than the previous one. The movie setting is all around the Tokyo Skytree and the area around Asakusa.

AND most importanly, and as usual and the end of the movie, Detective Conan Movie 19 is coming April 2015. This shall put off all those rumors.

Thanks for sharing
  • Upvote 1

STILE use spoiler box, put it in a spoiler box

also we know all this....????????

I am sorry, Though I stroll a lot in this forum, this is my first time posting.

I will be more careful next time.

Thank you mod for putting spoilers.

Sunny88(i don't know if she has a account here too) from DCTP who have seen the whole movie posted the details about movie 18

Those who are waiting for the subbed version please don't read this cuz it has heavy spoiler in it!

and others who don't care much waiting for subbed version and want to know the details, enjoy!

oh yeah one more thing, the post is a little big but not that big.

http://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12067&view=unread#p815181

• Upvote 2

I'm getting tired of answering the same question over and over.

Japan release: April 19, 2014

English sub release: about October.

actually your answer for the sub is inaccurete. The sub may very well be in march next year, what you wanted to say is that the dvd comes out around that time... :D

actually your answer for the sub is inaccurete. The sub may very well be in march next year, what you wanted to say is that the dvd comes out around that time... :D

Google translate solves that  :D

• Upvote 1

The mystery is... will this movie return to the essence of DC? Like the first ones which the amount of action and the curiosity about the case resolution were properly mixed together.

Some movies like "The Raven Chaser" and "Private Eye in Distant Sea" relied too much on visual effects. While the first one still had a complex (but still logic and challenging) end, the last movie had a quite frustrating end.

All I wouldn't want to see is a two hour "TV only -- filler episode". Dimensional Sniper should be released by end of year in DVD and Blu Ray in Japan.

Let's wait and see!

Not sure if it's already been answered (probably is, in which case I'm sorry ><), but who's gonna be subbing it? Cause DCTP can't, right? Is it like randomly any other group(s) or is someone actually subbing everything now? Like a heir to DCTP? :PP