Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Movie 18: Dimensional Sniper

Drama and characters and action, on my!  The official theatrical poster looks like the a hybrid of M1 and M13's posters.

1393377968.jpg

According to the official website, it appears the official English title is "Dimensional Sniper".

33e3mrl.jpg

And Kou Shibasaki is singing the new theme song titled "Love Searchlight".  If I recall, she appeared as a guest seiyuu in M17.  It seems the directors can't get enough of the Battle Royale star.

I'd almost forgotten how exciting new movies could be.  I'm trying to keep my expectations low, but after that trailer... 

• Upvote 2

I looked at the various trailers a bit more closely this time and here is what I can suss out about the plot based on what characters are wearing and such. The movie takes place over three or four days at least based on Conan's clothing changes. Standard cautions about misinterpreting the footage apply.

Day 1
So far the most footage from the previews is from the first day. On the first day, Conan is wearing green and he, the DB, Ran, and Agasa go to the Bell tree tower, and the sniper kills a man in broad daylight. The sniper takes off on a bike and Conan chases him on the skateboard. Conan goes along a waterway, and weaves in and out of traffic until the board begins to malfunction because the sniper shot at it. I'm guessing right after the board malfunctions is the scene with the black car balancing on two wheels which nearly squishes Conan before Masumi saves him. Masumi stops briefly, gives Conan her helmet, and she and Conan resume chase after the sniper on Masumi's bike until the sniper reaches the docks.
The FBI and the police presumably get involved in the chase somewhere in the middle of Conan's chase. The police cars are blown up near the docks when the sniper lobs a grenade. The scene with Jodie shooting from her car and declaring "FBI" appears to be near somewhere with water, so it could be the docks when the chase has slowed down. Her window is broken so most likely she was shot at. After that, the clues about the sniper "vanish into the ocean" according to the official description, whatever that means. That seems to be the extent of the chase on the first day.

Unknown, Night of day 1, Day 2 or 3
The sniper has at least two more attacks, one man whose face we can't see in a car at night, and one named Bill Murphy who is a former US army sergeant and secretary to one of the suspects.

Unknown, Day 2 or 3
On day 2 or 3, the internet goes crazy and Ran and Kogoro read some of the messages.

Jodie (Blue jacket), Camel, and a man I don't recognize hear about something surprising (Jodie: "What do you mean?"). That same day in the evening, Jodie has a car conversation with Camel about Akai with some flashbacks.

Night of Day 2
Conan's red shirt and black tie night happens most likely before Masumi is shot. Conan is wearing Masumi's helmet which likely means he was investigating with her. He finds a bullet-less rifle cartridge and dice clue like the one seen earlier, so chances are a second person was killed by now.

Day 3
On orange shirt day, Conan is with Masumi investigating near a bridge, which is when the sniper targets him. The train they are waving to looks almost exactly like the train where Bill Murphy was shot at. Therefore, it is extremely likely that the two were investigating Bill's shooting when the sniper decided to target Conan from the bridge.

Day 4 and Night 4
On what appears to be the final day and night of the climax, Conan is in a blue jacket and yellow shirt. During the day, Conan reviews a small model of downtown Tokyo, presumably scoping out sniping positions because there is a mystery there.

As evening approaches, Ran and Kogoro meet up and look worried about something. (Ran: "Conan-kun")

That night there is a bombing at the Bell tree tower that shuts down its lights. This is where the climax takes place. Conan runs around the tower structure being shot at and Ran is danger and shot at as well. Jodie in a light jacket and dark shirt is shot and injured too. Ai is somewhere nearby.

Unknown
One day has the Metropolitan police in bullet resistant vests charge upstairs in a building.

Okiya has the same clothes on the night he looks out from the Kudo house window and the one where he is standing with some sort of steel structure in the background. That could be the final night or Okiya wearing repeat clothes.

The sniper leaves behind a rifle cartridge with the bullet part removed and a dice turned so the number 4, which sounds like "death" in Japanese, is facing upwards. The number might change though with each death because Conan thinks it is a countdown. That would imply six deaths are intended, 3 of which we know about not counting Conan. Since the Navy Seals are involved and a dice is six sided, I think it is worth mentioning Navy SEAL Team Six which is/was famous for elite missions like the takedown of Osama bin Laden (the team has changed its name but the origin is SEAL Team 6).

I think that covers about all of it.

• Upvote 4

Well, I liked the trailer.

But I doubt if Sera can survive...

Seeing how movies aren't canon, we know the answer to most important characters fate in movies.

• Upvote 1

Here are some promo pics. Nothing that exciting except news that Ran and Sera will have a moment together. Crossposted from DCTP's spoiler board.

tRIuW0B.jpg

JzuqM9n.jpg

SGlyE8x.jpg

elpieLx.jpg

AWQJMix.jpg

Lyx1k2t.jpg

IlpONaf.jpg

GfeLbCM.jpg -the woman is the singer for the ending song turned into an anime character

• Upvote 1

Genta looks sharp 

They all look classy.  Though I can't help but feel that their large heads are even further exaggerated in those clothes.

And why is Conan and Shinichi showing his ankles!?  It looks so... so... ... not good. 

They all look classy.  Though I can't help but feel that their large heads are even further exaggerated in those clothes.

And why is Conan and Shinichi showing his ankles!?  It looks so... so... ... not good. 

That is why i picked gent. With his large body his head looks normal, compared to the others. They really should do something about the childrens heads.

Also i have to agree with those ankles....they do not look good.

^If you had watched the trailer, you would have seen that Ran got grazed by a bullet around 1:12 she's in danger AGAIN

However, despite that, I'm excited! I got into the DC fandom less than a year ago, so I haven't felt the hype of waiting for a movie until now! FBI action, car chases, Akai Shuuichi...I just hope that there's a decent case....

• Upvote 1

^If you had watched the trailer, you would have seen that Ran got grazed by a bullet around 1:12 she's in danger AGAIN

However, despite that, I'm excited! I got into the DC fandom less than a year ago, so I haven't felt the hype of waiting for a movie until now! FBI action, car chases, Akai Shuuichi...I just hope that there's a decent case....

ohwwwww. Hahaha! I haven't watched the trailer yet.  :P

I hope this movie causes a little more sibling bonding between Masumi and Shuuichi by the end of the movie, even if it's not canon. It'll still be nice to see them closer together after what happened to them both.

• Upvote 1

I hope this movie causes a little more sibling bonding between Masumi and Shuuichi by the end of the movie, even if it's not canon. It'll still be nice to see them closer together after what happened to them both.

Yeah but I doubt about that,it'll probably be like in the MT case...

But that's true we need more Sera/Shuu moments,but in the manga...