Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
j.v233

Why Gosho does't let Ran play bigger role in DC these days????

Ok so i know this topic maybe a little akward but i really don't understand Gosho anymore. Ran is the second main character in DC but so far Gosho hasn't let her have any specific role in the manga. All she did was wait and wait for Shinichi. She even didn't attend in any cases, it seems like she does not have any important part anymore which is really annoy for a main character like her. Does anyone have any suggestion about this?? And do you think Gosho has a plan for Ran???

• Upvote 2

I think Gosho has been sidetracked by wanting to please his publisher with characters like Sera. Who i find annoying, but she was meant to be based off a fan favourite. Some girl detective that was actualy a bad guy. But yeah the publisher asked for a character like this, and we got Sera who fans seem to really like. But for me gets way too much air time.

Ran is actually one of my favourite female characters when shes allowed ti do stuff. Like her fighting is exciting. And her trying to get mum and dad back together is great.

But the best thing about Ran is her relationship with Shinich (not Conan) she really likes him for good reasons and is not too soppy about it. She shows loads of strenght in his absents. And even tried to solve a case like him and knows loads about him.and used to get really angry when he used to call after so long. That was good.

I think Gosho has forgotten about trying to get Shinich back to his true form, which effects how he uses Ran. As i think and hope Ran knows the truth about Conan but cannot believe it. In order to prolong his bussiness of DC he stalls Ran's character developement to just an obvious girl. Rather than when she is quite epic trying to find Shinich and putting the pieces together.

For me, I think that Gosho wants to reveal little by little of the BO so these days the cases are involved mostly with the BO. That's why Sera and Ai have more of the appearance while Ran who doesn't know much about these if she involves too much it would be weird that she could not figure out who Conan is. Later then I think Ran will continue to show up as the real main girl character in DC

In fact, I like that there is less Ran. Think about the movies. Almost every movie is about saving Ran. I like movies and I don't hate Ran, but sometimes she is stupid as barrel. And I like Ai and Sera. I think there isn't enough DB and BO. I'm also waiting for mansion with killer.

• Upvote 1