Detective Conan World
Toni-kun

What have you learned from Detective Conan?

I'll just tell what you have learned in DC.

(CRIME SCENES, SURVIVAL TIPS etc...

-Asphyxia - occurs when there's a great loss of oxygen

-Acoltine - poison that paralyzes nerves

- made from the roots of aconite

---> the speed of a riffle bullet is 1000m/sec

...i'll just add sometime...

Kansai -> aho

Tokyo -> baka

Am I right??? =.=

Yes you are. Though they are both understood, to the opposite, I have been told, sounds stronger. So saying "aho" to someone who is from Tokyo is worse than saying "baka," and visa versa for Kansai.

Honestly, most of DC has taught me has been taken over by what school has taught me.

The only things that I can think of is the dual tone dial tone from M12 and the watch direction trick (which I am still not sure is actually true, but I'll take it as such)

Hi guys!

I was thinking of all that educative DC episodes where you actually learn something.

For example, in movie 5, there is a bomb in a skyscraper, and Conan is trying to figure out where is it going to explote and thinking how many feet away they need to place the car in order to reach the other building.

Another example could be in an episode where a man tried to kill this wife. While they were waiting for the ambulance to come, Conan was giving explanations as how to proceed. (Ex: don't remove the knife cause it may cause the arterie to open even more, and that in that case they needed to place some cushions under the victim's feet and put a bandage underneath her wound). I cannot remember which episode it was, but it may be between 550-650.

Have you got one you would like to share? :lol:

:rolleyes: DC teach lesson in almost all fields...It would take me a day to mention everything i learned. It also helps me remember something which I need to memorize---> :idea: Remembering the atomic number of silver for example...DC's just pretty darn useful :grin: :D^_^

Valuing Friendship

It seems that she has something that I lacked at that time...yes, that is kind of very dangerous although it could turn out something very unlucky. But its a warm thing filled with lots of courage

-Jodie Starling quoting to James Black file 437

1) That murder is inacceptable and immoral, no matter the reasons and motivations behind it.

2) Never lose hope, and never give up.

3) There's only one truth, and this truth prevails.

• Upvote 1

i learned a lot of useless things about crime, poisons now where ever i go i wait for a crime to happen  that's just sick :D

i learned to wait and wait and wait for new episodes

i learned to suspects every action by others and catch up with details

and conan is the main reason why i loved japan , now im trying to learn japanese, and read about japanese culture and such :)

1) That murder is inacceptable and immoral, no matter the reasons and motivations behind it.

Conan does never criticize the victims though, and they are always the n.1 murderers in the stories, because they kill innocents, unlike those who kill them. Conan seems to criticize only those who kill for revenge, never those who started the whole mess.

Sorry for the off-topic, but this is one thing that has bothered me forever, as much as I like the series.

A lot of crime scene terminology in Japanese, including:

Tape, string, gun, murder, case (as in murder case), police, ambulance, inspector, detective, famous, great (mei-[word]), car, suicide, blood (reinforced knowing the word), accident, culprit, rain, lawyer, mysterious, strange, pocket, PET bottle, sushi ginger, danger, etc.

Identifying and understanding Kansai-ben.

Allergies can be built up over time, usually appearing between the ages of 20-30. (Mysteries of Teitan Elementary episode)

Glass becomes reflective when it is dark behind it.

Strangulation leaves marks on the neck.

Scars don't grow as you age.

Luminol reacts to blood.

Potassium cyanide is not water soluble.

There are so many things that I have learned from DC. Some of them include:

1) To be more observant of my surroundings, and of interactions with people

2) I learned that cyanide smells like bitter almonds, and that the smell is so potent that it will drive dogs cray-cray

3) I learned that when you love someone, you will put their safety before anything else, even if that means lying to them

4) You have to make sacrifices for the people you love

5) If you have feelings for someone, go ahead and say something! Don't wait around... what if after a certain point you can't?

Throughout my journey of watching Detective Conan, there were a few life lessons that I have taken from this manga/anime.

1. Don't take life for granted

2. Don't let your ego get to your head

3. If you care about someone, you will do anything in your power to make sure that they are safe and happy, even if it's at your own expense

4. Your true friends will have your back, even if they don't understand what you're going through

5. Follow your instincts

6. Expanding on #3, there are times you will have to hurt someone you love for their benefit.

7. If you're stuck in a bad situation, don't sit there and be "woe is me," make the best out of the situation while you figure out how to better things

2) Never lose hope, and never give up.

3) There's only one truth, and this truth prevails.

Wow...  +1 XP

I got to know some japanese...and the meaning of true love,,,,maybe XP 

Detective Conan's find-where-the-culrit-has-hid-the-cyanide cases have made me more aware of how I can spread lab chemicals with my fingers. If Person A opened the fridge with a little osmium tetroxide on their gloves, Person B could get it on their bare hands if they peeked in the fridge later to make sure they had enough left-over buffer to run another experiment. It's not a critical issue because the daily-use chemicals are mostly harmless, but I am now more proactive about observing places where both gloved and barehanded people touch and cleaning them regularly, like the edges of tables, the microscope focus knob, or the sink faucets.

Places where they enforce strict glove rules to segregate areas and items that can and can't be touched barehanded seem to be the most effective at preventing accidental spread. It works better when one whole room follows the same rules rather than part of a room.