Detective Conan World
Kidvicious 707

Conan or Shinichi? Who do you prefer more?

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like better?

I think they have both swapped round for me.

Used to think Shinichi was too arrogant and though he could do no wrong and when he turned up he'd fix everything and embarasse others by his skill.

Conan was helping out loads of people like Mori, detective boys, other children too (like the episode where him and the teacher make that game to involve the new shy kids in class),Ai and others in fun adventures. And really felt bad lying to Ran.

Now Conan seems arrogant and showing off as a smart kid. Always runs off from the Detective boys and get glory for himself and sneak off with Ai. And not caring about Ran ad much and is not careful. And doesnt even teach Mori any detective skill for himself. So Mori could help take down the Black Organization.

Shinich seems more limited and when he does appear he shows more emotion. Like confessing to Ran first. He also seems less arogant but still kool. And i liked his reaction to the detective boys once when they didnt know who Shinichi was. But he seemed sad that he could not be open with his little friends. Hopefully his next appearance is epic. But Conan needs to fix up

Kudo is a bit more egoistic and arrogant. Though those attributes have mellowed through time due to his life as Conan. And I hate how he pretty much forgets about everyone else except Ran when he's Kudo. Yeah, yeah I'm a ConAi.
Haibara makes his ego collapse big time ! xD

Shinichi. Two reasons:

1. Something good always happens when he appears/transforms (don't deny it)

2. He has a bit more 'outer personality' than Conan. What I mean is that he displays, and interacts with other characters with, the personality traits that make him have some meat as a character. While Conan seems to have no distinct character flaw (that lets me laugh about the character and make me love them more), Shinichi has the character flaw/plus (whatever you may call it) of pride; or as Sonoko describes it in the Halloween episode, "that attitude". It's this that makes me like him more than his more polite shrunken-self.  

Kudo Shinichi, definitely. Way cooler, realistic and of course, honest.

I know most people will disagree, but I think certain particular kinds of "honesty" are worse than corruption. I think only a policeman from a totalitarian country can really say "there is only one truth", given the ambiguous situations that form the settings for most crimes in DC. Also, he is more self-admiring when he is Shinichi than when he is Conan.

I know most people will disagree, but I think certain particular kinds of "honesty" are worse than corruption. I think only a policeman from a totalitarian country can really say "there is only one truth", given the ambiguous situations that form the settings for most crimes in DC. Also, he is more self-admiring when he is Shinichi than when he is Conan.

Honesty, in his case, you know what I mean.

Of course he's less self-admiring. According to the storyline, if he isn't he'll get killed. If he admires himself for cases Kogoro "solved" (rather "slept") he's as good as dead, before it reaches the men in black:

180px-Ran_smacking_a_pole.PNG

If he admires himself for other things, it'll turn into a habit, and he'll slip... oh boy. Still though, your opinion is your opinion. If Conan became Shinichi this anime would probably end so for the sake of the anime, he's better off as he is now.

Honesty, in his case, you know what I mean.

I think his "honesty" is in the fact that he always sends the murderer to prison no matter what. I don't want to start a long off-topic, but every time this subject is touched, I would like to say: to put it briefly, I personally always feel very, very sorry for the murderers in DC, so I think that, from a moral point of view, if he sends them to prison, he should at least feel sorry for their situations if he pretends to be better than them and should realize it's the victims who are the real villains in most of the stories (and in some cases, even murderers of innocents). DC is different from most detective series in this aspect. 

For the rest, I agree with you, even though I still like Conan a little better because of the funny situations, but as Shinichi he is interesting too.

Shinichi...and Shinichi alone...for me Conan is still Shinichi, I still refer to him as Shinichi even when he's in Conan form...

But if you're talking about shrunken kawaii 7 years old Shinichi, OMG,he's adorable... Simply adorable...But I voted for 'I like them both because Conan is still Shinichi no matter what,(He's my crush! OUCH!XD) Sometimes when I see Conan, I feel sad..for a 17 years old to act like a 7, hanging out with 7 years old kids while his friends,classmates are having fun in front of him, teen's way, treating him as a child and it wasn't their fault...

And now I'm kinda down since so many people hates Shinichi... While he is arrogant and egotistical and can be a jerk sometimes,he still have many good qualities...heroic,hot,brave, this list can go on...He's simply the prince charming in my eyes 

(Mode:fangirl-ing)

But it's your view,and I unwillingly, forcefully XD have to accept it.. hihi

I prefer Conan as he currently is over Shinichi on the start of the series. When the serie started he was just so arrogant. I don't hate Shinichi though.

I kinda think it was good for Shinichi becoming Conan. At the start of the series and when he was shrunk he was still the very much as his age-ego but with the time he stopped it and he became a more normal or at least more understandable character and actually emotional, thoughtful and profound person.

I think i would like him as much as Conan now if he was Shinichi again.

I absolutely prefer Conan. Shinichi is, without a doubt, a genius with breathtaking powers of deductive reasoning. But because he is unparalleled, it has gone to his head. He is reckless and usually insensitive. He talks down to and/or takes advantage of nearly everyone he interacts with. This is even apparent in the cases where Conan has returned to his true form. However, being stuck in the body of a seven year old forcibly humbles him while he is Conan. In addition to the obvious physical limitations Conan's body imparts, nobody is going to stand for a child treating them the way he did as Shinichi, and on some level, he realizes this. Even the other members of Shonen Tantei, won't tolerate his ego and let him talk down to them. Unfortunately, if the return of Shinichi cases are any indication, his experience as Conan will not help rectify this problem, but may even make it worse once he permanently returns to his true form. In addition to the reasons he already had for such an inflated ego, at that point he will have successfully taken down a major crime syndicate that even the CIA and FBI couldn't stop, solved countless cases, and defeated an unknown number of ruthless criminals, all while in the body of a seven year old. Rather than permanently humbling him, this experience may make Kudo Shinichi's ego almost unmanageable in the long run. I hate to say it, but I think the only way his ego could be permanently put in check is for someone close to him to die as a result of his overconfidence. It MIGHT bring him down a notch if he learned one of his deductions was wrong and he sent an innocent person to prison, but I  think even that would only last until he caught the true culprit and exonerated the innocent. I actually plan to explore some of these things in my fanfic (if there is even enough interest for me to continue it; check it out under the Fan Works>Stories topic "New Fanfic, Chapter One" and leave a comment if you'd like to see more of it).

All of this, of course, is just my opinion. The Master of Information and Lists, @Chekhov MacGuffin, might have some verifiable data proving I'm wrong, but unless or until I see that, this is how I perceive things.

On 11/5/2011 at 5:08 AM, IdentityUnknown said:

While I love most episodes when Shinichi appears, I have to say, Conan is much more entertaining to watch than Shinichi, the way he has to think outside of the box to be able to conduct his investigations (though I do admit that the same methods over and over are a bit tiresome and unrealistic, not to mention the fact that so many of Conan's gadgets should have been discovered by now). That is something rather disappointing in DC, the fact that Conan never gets completely discovered and has to change everything.

Anyways, other things I like about Conan is the way he interacts with people older and younger than him and how it contrasts to "his other self." I also like the fact that Conan's cut down on arrogance since he's shrunk.

This x1000. I have not seen a lot of episodes with Shinichi in them as I am only on episode 352. I think I might have unintentionally skipped some of the episodes that feature Shinichi lol though I have seen some episodes where makes an appearance.