Detective Conan World
Kidvicious 707

Conan or Shinichi? Who do you prefer more?

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like better?

It's hard to believe that Shinichi is hiding his real identity to the people around him just because he knows he can defeat the BO by himself and doesn't need the help of these people.

He is hiding his real identity because HE DOESN'T WANT OTHERS TO BE CONCERNED OF HIM. Why? Because when they start to care for Shinichi, then that will be the start of their involvement in stopping the Organization. We all know how dreadful the Organization can be.

Just use the scene where Ran saved Haibara from Vermouth and Calvados. Even though Ran doesn't know what she's in, she still saved Haibara because she knows she needs to. Imagine if it's Gin or other BO members that are there in place of Vermouth, Ran might be dead by now.

Shinichi realized this from the start. Thus, protecting his identity from those around him is important. Because it is also for THEIR SAFETY, not for boosting Shinichi's ego.

• Upvote 1

It's hard to believe that Shinichi is hiding his real identity to the people around him just because he knows he can defeat the BO by himself and doesn't need the help of these people.

He is hiding his real identity because HE DOESN'T WANT OTHERS TO BE CONCERNED OF HIM. Why? Because when they start to care for Shinichi, then that will be the start of their involvement in stopping the Organization. We all know how dreadful the Organization can be.

Just use the scene where Ran saved Haibara from Vermouth and Calvados. Even though Ran doesn't know what she's in, she still saved Haibara because she knows she needs to. Imagine if it's Gin or other BO members that are there in place of Vermouth, Ran might be dead by now.

Shinichi realized this from the start. Thus, protecting his identity from those around him is important. Because it is also for THEIR SAFETY, not for boosting Shinichi's ego.

You argued a point that wasn't being argued. Either that or you misunderstood what aj and I were debating over. That is a part of another debate entirely. Though it can be included in he is being a jerk I suppose. But yes, him keeping the secret from RAN has nothing to do with ego, but the FBI on the other hand.... He has no reason for keeping it from them.

Also, there is a chance that telling Ran may PREVENT her from getting involved (but not worrying, she'll probably go crazy with worry unless the FBI gives her assurance), because then she'll know who to watch out for and to avoid them. There are three people that know not including his parents, Agasa, Ai and Heiji. Adding Ran to that list might not be a bad thing. If that loudmouth Heiji can keep a lid on it, surely Ran, the person whom he trusts the most, can as well. Though, as I said before, I never said that had anything to do with his ego. It is the fact that he is keeping it from the FBI that shows his big ego, because they can, are and want to help further. Not giving them vital information is BAD. There is only so much they can learn from Kir.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

... They're both jerks. XD

But I pick Conan. He's cuter and his time with the DB and hearing more of what people thought actually seems to have really brought down his ego. :)

I like Kudo Shinichi better, just because I love the moments between him and Ran ~ :D

I totally agree with you! I've also voted Shinichi :D. (He has a charming atmosphere! And he's so handsome :Q_).

Shinichi Kudo! Reason:He was a jerk, he is a jerk and will always be a jerk. But, he is more independent and his interactions with Ran are mature and cute to see. Every time he transforms, he always does something amazing. His deduction style and his irritated face are hilarious. I miss his original self..... Over all, he is more entertaining as himself rather than as Conan.

i'd prefer Conan than Shinichi because mainly in the whole series i just see Conan and rarely see Shinichi.....also Conan makes cute expressions when he acts as a kid. and the way he talks to Ran as a kid is soooooo cuuttteeee!!!!!!!laugh.gif

Well they are the same person, but Conan is like the "grown up" version of Shinichi (IRONY IS DELICIOUS).

At the beginning of the manga Shinichi is kinda big headed. He also doesn't understand Ran as much as he does now. Of course Shinichi is pretty much perfect when he's in a case (understands everyone's emotions and knows everything). His "flaws" come out when he's with Ran though. Those "flaws" are now "fixed" when he's Conan (so he's even more perfect now LOL)

• Upvote 1

If I saw Shinichi more often, then I might go with Conan. However, I'll go with Shinichi because I believe that he has thus far not made enough appearances in his original form.

Well they are the same person, but Conan is like the "grown up" version of Shinichi (IRONY IS DELICIOUS).

At the beginning of the manga Shinichi is kinda big headed. He also doesn't understand Ran as much as he does now. Of course Shinichi is pretty much perfect when he's in a case (understands everyone's emotions and knows everything). His "flaws" come out when he's with Ran though. Those "flaws" are now "fixed" when he's Conan (so he's even more perfect now LOL)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is it just me or does Conan act different when he is Shinichi?

I find that Conan acts differently when he is Shinichi. 

When I saw the ova- 10 years from now, it stood out to me that Shinichi was the short-tempered, self-centered type of person by the way he pins Haibara up a tree forcefully and how he expects people to be like 'OMG he's back!' towards him.

And when he chased Ran in London, he felt different and all.

Personally, I like Conan more as a person (even though they're the same person I know).

Maybe it's because I prefer Conan's voice > Shinichi's voice

What do you guys think??

In my opinion, I like them both, because they are the same person.

Shinichi is pretty cool IMO. In the beginning of the series, he was very into himself, but as the series progressed, he's still into himself, but not as much as he used to be. I feel like his current situation has made him reevaluate his life as a person. The one thing I don't like is that Shinichi can't cry. HE NEEDS TO LET OUT THE FEEEEEEELLLLSSSS!!!!! :P

And with Conan, I think he's downright adorable. I love the fact that he's always there for Ran whenever she needs someone. Also, I think it's sweet that he hangs with the Detective Boys and that he considers them friends even though his intellect is on a different level.