Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Mary Discussion Thread

About "Mysterious Girl"  

106 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What is her true identity?

• Masumi's full sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's half sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's step sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's adoptive sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's mother
    • Masumi's second brother
    • Masumi's cousin
    • Shuichi Akai
    • Other kind of relative not mentioned above
    • The "real" Subaru Okiya (not one of the characters above)
    • A child of Masumi's father's rich friend (not one of the characters above)
    • Just an ordinary friend of Masumi (not one of the characters above)
    • Member from the Black Organization (not one of the characters above)
    • Member from the FBI/CIA/other law enforcement (not one of the characters above)
    • Other (please explain)
  2. 2. Do you think she is another victim of APTX4869?

• Yes
    • No (She ages normally)
    • No (She doesn't age naturally)
    • She was a victim of/was exposed to something similar in nature (e.g Silver Bullet, whatever affected Vermouth's aging etc.)
    • Other possibilities (please explain)
  3. 3. Her true gender? (Must NOT contradict with your vote on her identity above, this is mostly for options that don't explain her gender like sibling, cousin, friend etc.)

if elena and akai's mother related, all akai sibling way too japanese to be half(japan-british). and if shuu mother is british and his father is a japanese, why he enter fbi? masumi did live in japan when she is a kid after all. shouldn't shuu enter MI7 instead? is their father an american born japanese? it will be more scary if elena and vermouth is actually sisters... :wacko:  (my mind gone wild)

if elena and akai's mother related, all akai sibling way too japanese to be half(japan-british). and if shuu mother is british and his father is a japanese, why he enter fbi? masumi did live in japan when she is a kid after all. shouldn't shuu enter MI7 instead? is their father an american born japanese? it will be more scary if elena and vermouth is actually sisters... :wacko:  (my mind gone wild)

MI7?! It's MI5 not MI7. FBI is work for USA. Akai possible go to college in the USA. Why he's FBI or his father FBI. Sera mother is girl in the picture.

my theory is that she's AI real mother and helena just adopted her or took care of her so the girl can stay hidden as anokata

as for masumi i once though she might be rum but well so far she doesn't look like having eye issue (although she look like a boy but is a girl wich migh make people think she's a feminie man and that he's manly or whatever first first rum hint was )

I may or may not be allowed to link video clips..

Crunchyroll hasn't subbed 759 (which will be out by Tuesday) or 760 yet, so the following video clips are still raw:

Conan sees the Mystery Child - 759

Introduction to the Mystery Child - 760

Her voice is a lot more mature sounding (and deeper) than characters like Ayumi.

She gives off this Haibara-esque vibe, so it's likely that she took the APTX.

Thoughts?

I've watched those episodes RAW yesterday, and I was also concerned on how deep her voice was. At first, when I was read this chapter in the manga, I imagined her voice to be similar to Haibara's, but when I was watched the anime episode, it was rather ironic, unexpected. 

She could be a victim to the APTX, but I'm not entirely sure about that. She could be the real Subaru Okiya, but there's not enough clues that may lead to that from what I know. Maybe she's just Sera's sibling? They seem to look a bit similar, besides the eyes and hair color. xD! Maybe she was adopted? Who knows? Her identity is hard to speculate due to little evidence. (Also, I haven't read all of the manga yet. I've only read the latest volume, so my information is a little small.)

I can't wait for her identity to be revealed soon. It's going to be exciting.

I may or may not be allowed to link video clips..

Crunchyroll hasn't subbed 759 (which will be out by Tuesday) or 760 yet, so the following video clips are still raw:

Conan sees the Mystery Child - 759

Introduction to the Mystery Child - 760

Her voice is a lot more mature sounding (and deeper) than characters like Ayumi.

She gives off this Haibara-esque vibe, so it's likely that she took the APTX.

Thoughts?

Although a more mature voice can be attributed to an APTX victim, it's the anime company that chooses it, not Gosho or his editors. However, I'm not going against the unnatural maturity and possibility that she is a victim because of File 90x(forgot). So yeah, I believe she's an APTX victim, even though her voice in the anime shouldn't be counted as evidence/supporting factor.

Although a more mature voice can be attributed to an APTX victim, it's the anime company that chooses it, not Gosho or his editors. However, I'm not going against the unnatural maturity and possibility that she is a victim because of File 90x(forgot). So yeah, I believe she's an APTX victim, even though her voice in the anime shouldn't be counted as evidence/supporting factor.

It's not just that. There has been so much speculation around this mystery child--the choice in voice actor was most definitely not an accident.

I think what they're trying to do is give off the impression that she is an APTX victim. And they did a darn good job of it.

It's not just that. There has been so much speculation around this mystery child--the choice in voice actor was most definitely not an accident.

I think what they're trying to do is give off the impression that she is an APTX victim. And they did a darn good job of it.

This would drag on to Gosho's involvement in the anime or the anime's involvement with the manga I guess...

But yeah, not going to argue with you there about the APTX victim.

she seems like another victim APTX but I wonder how long and does Akai know about this?

If the mystery girl is related to them then the more they should be targeting Haibara since she's the creator of APTX.

I still don't know what Sera's motives for getting involved with Conan, whether revenge for his brother who she thought was dead or to get the antidote. It also a mystery on how they are seem to be familiar with each other.. Ran, Shinichi and Sera.

conan and ran think that the girl might be in middle school. if that so and she is an APTX victim, she is the only one who shrunk to that age.

i prefer to think that she is a victim of another drug or having a weird disease that makes her weak and shrunk.

conan and ran think that the girl might be in middle school. if that so and she is an APTX victim, she is the only one who shrunk to that age.

i prefer to think that she is a victim of another drug or having a weird disease that makes her weak and shrunk.

Maybe she took it much earlier, and she grew older by time...

Maybe she took it much earlier, and she grew older by time...

If the theory that she's the mother of the Sera/Akai/spoiler family is true, then it could be that the APTX works in a way that shrinks you a certain amount, not to a certain age.

We haven't had an APTX victim since Haibara (which was quite a while ago), so I'm hoping that this is the case with the girl.

Voice actors can be rather big hints.  Wasn't Bourbon's seiyuu chosen specifically to reference Amuro Ray from Gundam?  The mysterious girl is portrayed by voice actress Atsuko Tanaka (who is actually voice acting Caster from Fate/stay night: UBW and Ryoko Tamiya from Parasyte, two anime that are currently airing and that I'm watching, which is awesome).  Notably, she had a minor role as Juca Meilasch from Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, which may or may not be a clue as to the mysterious girl's identity.  If anyone who knows more about Gundam wants to do more research be my guest.

Also, given Sera's mom has a large bust as she claims, I wouldn't be surprised to see an older version of the mysterious girl with a sizable chest paired with a VA like that, honestly.   

Could it be that another side effect of APTX 4869 is that even you return to a child form over time your body grows weaker and get sick??? If the mystery girl took it long time ago then it is possible that her being sick or weak was another cause of APTX.

Time is important in a story if we could only know... ????

Voice actors can be rather big hints.  Wasn't Bourbon's seiyuu chosen specifically to reference Amuro Ray from Gundam?  The mysterious girl is portrayed by voice actress Atsuko Tanaka (who is actually voice acting Caster from Fate/stay night: UBW and Ryoko Tamiya from Parasyte, two anime that are currently airing and that I'm watching, which is awesome).  Notably, she had a minor role as Juca Meilasch from Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, which may or may not be a clue as to the mysterious girl's identity.  If anyone who knows more about Gundam wants to do more research be my guest.

Wait... Exactly how involved are the animators to Gosho's plot? Do they get extra looks into the future so they don't screw up (again)?

Wait... Exactly how involved are the animators to Gosho's plot? Do they get extra looks into the future so they don't screw up (again)?

I think Gosho gives the anime team (or some of the anime team) the big answers to the current arc in advance so they can get the characters right and don't add contradicting conversations, but Gosho does not explain all the detailed little clues out which are still messed up from time to time. I don't think Gosho has dished out who the boss is or things like that though.

Considering that this girl took APTX then Sera knows it for sure, so this might clear some things on why sera knows of conan... because if she knows shinichi then she must know that they are the same person (it would be much easier for her to guess also )

I was also thinking the same thing as well.  Sera probably already knows that Conan is actually Shinichi, and Conan is probably aware of this. If the girl did take the APTX, then she must know about Conan's identity, even though I am not aware on how her story will turn out to be on how or why she took it in the first place.

I think Gosho gives the anime team (or some of the anime team) the big answers to the current arc in advance so they can get the characters right and don't add contradicting conversations, but Gosho does not explain all the detailed little clues out which are still messed up from time to time. I don't think Gosho has dished out who the boss is or things like that though.

Oh okay (yup, she's an APTX victim). Why doesn't he give out the details as well? It's a mystery show after all, and plot holes are contradicting to that aspect. O.o

Oh okay (yup, she's an APTX victim). Why doesn't he give out the details as well? It's a mystery show after all, and plot holes are contradicting to that aspect. O.o

I can't really answer that because I'm not Gosho. I'm just pointing out what I observed during the handling of the Bourbon arc - the animators seemed to know what was going on roughly speaking. (e.g. Always keeping Okiya's cheekbones covered with hair even in high wind rather than drawing a "normal" face shape underneath, adding AO conversations between Okiya and Haibara mostly consistent with the idea that Akai is protecting her, matching Sera's eye color to Akai's, etc.).

To those who may find this strange but I have a feeling that the mother of Masumi Sera is no other than Vermouth herself. Of course.. I can be wrong. That would mean that Vermouth and the Boss of the Black Organization had some sort of affair.

That's the reasoning why there is a Vermouth look-a-like that Masumi claims to call her sister. And based on Vermouth, there's no way she could have health conditions of ever being turned into a child nor could she ever take the pill to look younger.

So my answer ---

Masumi is the older sister of this mysterious girl and the daughter of Vermouth; someone who was from America who now is in Japan. Apparently the Akai family has some ties with the FBI and the Black Organization.

Now the deduction comes in :

1. The conflict between Akai and the Black Organization

2. Vermouth later on took the pill ever since she saw Haibara as a little girl; but the pills don't exist anymore I think

The Mysterious Girl is another Victim and may be related to Vermouth but I am not entirely sure though. She claims to be the Sister (cousin) from another Family Bloodline (Domain) of Shuichi Kudo, however it is not 100% sure. Just found out in Episode of Detective Conan XD