Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Mary Discussion Thread

About "Mysterious Girl"  

106 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What is her true identity?

• Masumi's full sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's half sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's step sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's adoptive sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's mother
    • Masumi's second brother
    • Masumi's cousin
    • Shuichi Akai
    • Other kind of relative not mentioned above
    • The "real" Subaru Okiya (not one of the characters above)
    • A child of Masumi's father's rich friend (not one of the characters above)
    • Just an ordinary friend of Masumi (not one of the characters above)
    • Member from the Black Organization (not one of the characters above)
    • Member from the FBI/CIA/other law enforcement (not one of the characters above)
    • Other (please explain)
  2. 2. Do you think she is another victim of APTX4869?

• Yes
    • No (She ages normally)
    • No (She doesn't age naturally)
    • She was a victim of/was exposed to something similar in nature (e.g Silver Bullet, whatever affected Vermouth's aging etc.)
    • Other possibilities (please explain)
  3. 3. Her true gender? (Must NOT contradict with your vote on her identity above, this is mostly for options that don't explain her gender like sibling, cousin, friend etc.)

Not really adding anything, I'm just a bit curious as why during the Shogi tournament and the Pool case

that he drew the eyes of MG differently. Pictured in the middle row (from files 902 and 903). 

and then decided to draw them the original way after that (File 928, 930) 

This could just merely be an art error that he didn't notice, if he sticks with the original design introduced in the top row from now on

then maybe this is just an oversight that can be moved to the Oversight thread. 

(pictures are chronological by appearance from L to R, T to B, none of these eyes were fixed in the volume release up to v87) 

MGeyes100.jpg

Not really adding anything, I'm just a bit curious as why during the Shogi tournament and the Pool case

that he drew the eyes of MG differently. Pictured in the middle row (from files 902 and 903). 

and then decided to draw them the original way after that (File 928, 930) 

This could just merely be an art error that he didn't notice, if he sticks with the original design introduced in the top row from now on

then maybe this is just an oversight that can be moved to the Oversight thread. 

(pictures are chronological by appearance from L to R, T to B, none of these eyes were fixed in the volume release up to v87) 

MGeyes100.jpg

One would be a bit more curious if he had just drawn MG's eyes differently from her intro just for the Shogi case, but her eyes were also like that in the subsequent case (not sure which version they are in the panel on the bottom left, but if I had to pick one, I'd say the original look). Perhaps October–November 2013 and August 2015 differed from June–August 2014 for Gosho for some reason—he drew Shogi Tournament and Poolside Murder right after one another, the former being 20 Files after MG's last appearance, and her most recent appearance being 23 Files after her File 905 appearance.

GAH, so confusing. After having Conan remember MG with her original eye set several times (including 928, 930, and 939)

now in 941, he has drawn her with those new eyes from 902-903 again !! (which Conan didn't even see)

and now Haibara has MGs original eyes!!! (probably just makeup though since we know what Haibara's eyes look like)

Is it even remotely possible there are two MGs? is that even slightly possible?

because I hope not, I hope its all some kind of art error, or makeup all over or something. 

FBSGamR.jpg

EDIT:

Literally at the same time (very close, actually).  :lol:

Update on the way MG is drawn:

823752fbfbedab644f1b1c1bf136afc378311eb3

Looks like it's back to the 899–905 way.

Oh, and it's looking like MG's going to be Shiho's/Ai's aunt, at this rate.

Two MGs?... :blink: 

Looks like Gosho just copied the MG from 875, in 939, like he did in 876, 879 and 930.

This is the first hint we got in the manga that MG is Haibara's aunt. There are still a few other hints like the Sherry's Soliloquy and the MG being British hints.

It was bound to come eventually—MG's been around for 65 Files (875–940; 2 years and nearly 2 months), and has appeared in (or was referenced in) 14 of them. Gosho's just been slowly getting to the chase, like he has since September 2007 (or April 2003, if you prefer).

This happened on the spoiler cbox a couple days ago. I want to transcribe it here for reference. Some of my awful grammar and spelling has been fixed to avoid further public embarrassment. I also added on a few bits in my statement for clarification.

Shadow: [i'm] also struggling with imagining what the Mystery Girl actually'd have to say to drive the story forward - in the best event she can describe the past of how she got shrunk or Akai's past or whatever but theoretically speaking she shouldn't have anything on Rum (where the plot wants to go now) unless it is again very coincidental and she happened to be THE victim who got shrunk by Rum himself, etc..

Chek: I was thinking the Mystery Girl would have to say she worked for MI6 and she tried to get Atsushi and Elena out of the Organization by faking their deaths, but something went wrong and they died for realsies. And that relates to the project they took over when they first joined the Organization, the one that is 50 years old which Shiho and Vermouth alluded to. Then maybe the Black Org found out about the exit plan later, and someone tried to silence the MG, thus shrinking her? I assume she wasn't shrunk way back when because Masumi wouldn't have been conceived yet (unless Masumi is lying about her age and is Shiho's age rather than one-two years younger). Oh and then Akemi was born to a different mother or something, alluding to someone else's connection with the BO (and fixing the really inconvenient Akai cousin love problem). And then it becomes a plot point that Ran and Akemi look alike. [strongly implying the Mouri family background is mixed up in all of this]

Kor: "And then it becomes a plot point that Ran and Akemi look alike." <-- sorry not really sorry

Chek: You will never be forgiven for your sins, Kor. My innocence has been soiled by your uncouth, yet convincing theories.

Second order of business, whoever edited the APTX page committed a pretty massive overreach. Haibara was clearly talking about just Conan and Haibara, the only two human data points she had at the time (besides Vermouth who is a mystery case). Also secondly trying to pin an exact age range on that Japanese term is really pushing it.

Second order of business, whoever edited the APTX page committed a pretty massive overreach. Haibara was clearly talking about just Conan and Haibara, the only two human data points she had at the time (besides Vermouth who is a mystery case). Also secondly trying to pin an exact age range on that Japanese term is really pushing it.

Just curious, as I'm not educated on Japanese, but what is the term/word if you happen to know? I know it was mentioned on the cbox before that it was intended to refer to a 6-7 year old... (Disregard that, I actually found it in the replies here, and just managed to overlook it)

Though I'll agree with what you said here for sure.

Also while it's probably an old topic here, is there really any significance that the MG appears to be of middle school age? It doesn't seem like it really changes anything to me. Even if Haibara used that term, it's not like she could possibly know such a specific range with Conan and herself being the only two living examples... (and that they were close in age to begin with)

I suppose the biggest issue is finding out when or how the MG was shrunken.

Um just a random post, does anyone think what Sera said in ep. 651 about her mother was of any significance? Like she said "My mama is also skinny but has large breasts, no Ran-chan?" To which Ran thought to herself "I have never met her though". At that time it clearly seemed like a joke but just maybe it might be of some use now, has anyone pointed this out yet? Btw I'm posting this here because many believe MG is probably the Akai mother.

Oh and this also confirms Ran and Sera's mother met  before, so that's why Ran thought she saw MG before... what do you all think of this?

At that time it clearly seemed like a joke but just maybe it might be of some use now, has anyone pointed this out yet?

Yes, this was pointed out before, in the third post of this thread.

I have a theory. If the Mysterious Child is the Akai-mother and if she's sister to Elena Miyano, then maybe Elena used her as a test subject for the drug and it's first years after (after getting married and have kids) than the side effects of the drug begins.

I have a theory. If the Mysterious Child is the Akai-mother and if she's sister to Elena Miyano, then maybe Elena used her as a test subject for the drug and it's first years after (after getting married and have kids) than the side effects of the drug begins.

A delayed action reaction to the drug? That's the first time I have heard of that theory. Interesting!

If mrs. Akai and elena are sisters and the mystery girl is sera's sister outside the domain (cousin), doesn't that in a way mean that the mystery girl and haibara are sisters?

Haibara and the girl would be first cousins if the "Sister from outside the domain" is the child of Mrs. Akai. Most people speculate that the "Sister from outside the domain" is actually Mrs. Akai, Haibara's aunt, because she seems so mature and unchildlike. People who believe this theory also believe that Mrs. Akai took, or was forced to take, a mysterious drug related to the Black Organization that caused her to shrink to middle school age. She is lying about her true identity and secretly staying in hotels to hide from the Black Organization.

• Upvote 1

Haibara and the girl would be first cousins if the "Sister from outside the domain" is the child of Mrs. Akai. Most people speculate that the "Sister from outside the domain" is actually Mrs. Akai, Haibara's aunt, because she seems so mature and unchildlike. People who believe this theory also believe that Mrs. Akai took, or was forced to take, a mysterious drug related to the Black Organization that caused her to shrink to middle school age. She is lying about her true identity and secretly staying in hotels to hide from the Black Organization.

Um, I meant to say that the mystery girl is akemi miyano

Could there have been another Akemi sister? The main problem with that obviously is that MG is about 3 years younger than Shiho and Shiho's parents died soon after she was born. Also as mentioned before MG is way too mature and intelligent when compared to other middle-schoolers in dc.

So we are still left with the MG = Mrs. Akai theory. My concern is that even though that is what Gosho has been implying to us mainly, for example even recently when Conan thought MG resembles Haibara quite a bit, I am quite confused as to how she turned into a kid. I mean aptx 4869's first victim was Conan(from what Gin said) unless Mrs. Akai consumed it before that either mistakenly or as a test, but that would have only been possible if Shiho and Mrs. Akai had been in close contact, which is almost out of question since Ai hasn't said anything about it and also since Mrs. Akai supposedly was living in USA during that time.

If she consumed it after Shinichi then why or how? The only ones with it must have been the BO, so why would they make her consume it? Could it be because she was a spy or something?

A big hole in any theory that says Mrs. Akai consumed aptx 4869 is that the odds that she didn't die from it is SO low! I mean BO must have used it on hundreds, if not thousands of other victims, that means none except Conan and Haibara shrunk so far out of the hundreds or thousands. So the chance of neither Conan nor Haibara not dying from it is extremely low in itself, but that should not be taken seriously because Gosho probably didn't think too much about it since the manga was still in its early stages back then, but another person taking it and shrinking without even being noticed by the BO is way too much.

Again there are theories saying she consumed a prototype form of aptx 4869 called silver bullet, but I believe that is also quite unlikely because we haven't been hinted on anything like that by Gosho, and besides even the name "silver bullet" that the organisation gives to people who they think can destroy the entire BO doesn't seem to have any similarities with a drug made for shrinking, since it would be natural to assume they must have some connection if they were to be named the same. 

Maybe I am thinking too much about it, it might be a simple explanation that I am completely overlooking, but so far it seems MG's mystery isn't going to be revealed any soon.

the chance of neither Conan nor Haibara not dying from it is extremely low in itself, but that should not be taken seriously because Gosho probably didn't think too much about it since the manga was still in its early stages back then, but another person taking it and shrinking without even being noticed by the BO is way too much.

Of course it should—everything that happened during 1994–1997 is the basis for everything in the series.

Honestly, what's one more? Two people is way more than enough—there are people who refused to touch the series because such an impossible thing happened to just one person.

Yeah, so basically what I mean is that even if we accept the idea of there being a drug which has about a 1/100 or 1/1000 chance to shrink you, the chance of two people shrinking and nobody else is way too low, so I really don't think Gosho will go into stuff like that again by saying even MG shrunk... so is she just a middle-schooler after all?

I really don't think Gosho will go into stuff like that again by saying even MG shrunk... so is she just a middle-schooler after all?

Missed my point—why does it matter if she's another victim? In my opinion, it doesn't.

She's way too mature to be just 12-15 years old. I really don't see any option but her turning out to be the mother of Shuichi, Shukichi and Masumi.

Volume 18, File 9 (179), pg 10, 3rd panel from the bottom

Still, if the Organization keeps using the drug for killing, it's very likely that eventually someone else will shrink like us.

The possibility of someone else turning up shrunken was definitely forewarned.

Why does it matter if she's another victim? In my opinion, it doesn't.

Volume 18, File 9 (179), pg 10, 3rd panel from the bottom

The possibility of someone else turning up shrunken was definitely forewarned.

Oh, and then there's that.

Speaking of the file in question, if there's a red herring there, then is there a real hint, in the same place (Red herring: Haneda; Hint: Toyoda)?