Detective Conan World

Oh, gawds. Listening to the podcast now. If I didn't know that was my mad cackle at the beginning, I'd think that it was canned.

Detective Conan on Fox Kids:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/conan/message/4290

Dub Names from Around the World:

http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/Yukiko/conan_world_wide.html

The reason for the name change actually has to do with 'Conan the Barbarian', Robert E. Howard's estate actually trademarked the name 'Conan', you can't use it as a TV show name (unless you're Conan O'Brien and it's your real name)

The last time I talked to Funi people, they were working with the Howard Estate and had gotten permission to say 'Detective Conan showing on Case Closed' on the DVD cases.

And guys, I really apologise for the keyclicks, I didn't know that they'd be louder than my voice. Really really sorry about that.

Is she a member of dctp?

No, I am not.

Although you might recognise my icon, it's been my default since 2003, one of the mods there uses it without permission. He's stated he'll take it down if I join DCTP and request him personally that he take it down.

So... yeah... No.

Kaoko: Hello, everyone! I'm sorry, I forgot to review episode 6 of the Podcast... But I want to review ep 7 first, which I listened to it just one hour ago. Wow, this Icka person is AMAZING! I was sooo excited when I was about to hear it th_084_.gif! And also, I personaly love her laughs 6f428754.gif (especially the one at the beginning)... I'm glad I'm not the only one who laughs like that. An-

Onion: Hey, you liar3eb4e7b3.gif. It wasn't an hour ago but a week ago that you listened to that boring Podcast 014.gif.

Kaoko: Eh? It was an hour ago, okay 63d4808b.gif!? What do you know d582d79f.gif!

Onion: I know verything about you Koko-chan f529a952.gif. I've been with you the the whole 2 month - inside your jacket pocket sillyp1.gif...

Kaoko: *looking inside her pocket (no one to be seen)* Wait a minute, who are you againth_116_.gif? ...Wait, miss-bone-104.gif don't tell me you are-- onion.jpg??

Onion: Yup, I'm the Onion you forgot to chop and ended up in your jacket pocket for wholy 2 month already th_111_.gif. I'd become rotten all thank to you SCN0000129_913465.jpgmiss-bone-51.gif. You know, the laundery and stuff? miss-bone-48.gif I even can't bare going with you to the toi miss-bone-188.gif-

Kaoko: Shut your mouth 4d6161fd.gif! Where are you 4d6161fd.gif!?

Onion: Oh, sorry... I'm in the next room, and am using your mother's laptop sillyp1.gif. Oh, and I know you wouldn't mind but... I'm also using your accounts to log in websites (I'm now in DCTP and DCW; am hoping to find some Onion detectives th_095_.gif)... you are aware that Onion don't have fingers, right1b38f9e2.gif?... because of that I couldn't create my own account so... 048.gif. Mind you... so are you still not going to admit that it was a week ago014.gif?

Kaoko: ...finemiss-bone-219.gif, I admit it... it- it was a nearly a week ago... but I- I was, I was too lazymiss-bone-201.gif... I...

miss-bone-184.gif

Kaoko: Hello, everyone! I'm sorry, I forgot to review episode 6 of the Podcast... But I want to review ep 7 first, which I listened to it just one hour ago. Wow, this Icka person is AMAZING! I was sooo excited when I was about to hear it ! And also, I personaly love her laughs (especially the one at the beginning)... I'm glad I'm not the only one who laughs like that. An-

Onion: Hey, you liar. It wasn't an hour ago but a week ago that you listened to that boring Podcast .

Kaoko: Eh? It was an hour ago, okay !? What do you know !

Onion: I know verything about you Koko-chan . I've been with you the the whole 2 month - inside your jacket pocket ...

Kaoko: *looking inside her pocket (no one to be seen)* Wait a minute, who are you again? ...Wait, don't tell me you are-- onion.jpg????

Onion: Yup, I'm the Onion you forgot to chop and ended up in your jacket pocket for wholy 2 month already . I'd become rotten all thank to you SCN0000129_913465.jpg. You know, the laundery and stuff? I even can't bare going with you to the toi -

Kaoko: Shut your mouth ! Where are you !?

Onion: Oh, sorry... I'm in the next room, and am using your mother's laptop . Oh, and I know you wouldn't mind but... I'm also using your accounts to log in websites (I'm now in DCTP and DCW; am hoping to find some Onion detectives)... you are aware that Onion don't have fingers, right?... because of that I couldn't create my own account so... . Mind you... so are you still not going to admit that it was a week ago?

Kaoko: ...fine, I admit it... it- it was a nearly a week ago... but I- I was, I was too lazy... I...

miss-bone-184.gif

haha...

In case you didn't see my tweet, or the post on the Facebook fan page, our next episode will be recorded next Friday, the 14th.

What would you like for us to use as our main topic of this episode? Let us know!!

I listened to the 7th episode of the podcast for a few times...

...and I still can't figure out how Icka made that crazy laugh at the beginning.

By the way, thanks for picking my question which I posted at the official fan page ("Why does DC get low TV ratings in some countries...") . smile.gif

Looking forward for the next episode...

I listened to the 7th episode of the podcast for a few times...

...and I still can't figure out how Icka made that crazy laugh at the beginning.

That crazy laugh is something I can pretty much do on cue. Couldn't tell you how I do it, just that it tends to disturb people when I do. >D Mwuahahahahahahaaa.

• Upvote 2

That crazy laugh is something I can pretty much do on cue. Couldn't tell you how I do it, just that it tends to disturb people when I do. >D Mwuahahahahahahaaa.

haha that crazy laugh was totally awesome!!!!! ^_^ say can you teach me how to do it

I'm looking forward to episode eight, cause I was told there's Three Thieves stuff in it! *beams* Now I want to go back and listen to all the previous ones - I didn't even know that they existed before M. told me about them at the New Years' party. I am so bad at keeping up with fandom; it's all I can do to keep up with canon! *cries*

RE: Icka's laugh -- Even more impressive/warding-cross-inducing in person. ^^;;

Now I need to find M.'s screenname on here....

:D

I'm looking forward to episode eight, cause I was told there's Three Thieves stuff in it! *beams* Now I want to go back and listen to all the previous ones - I didn't even know that they existed before M. told me about them at the New Years' party. I am so bad at keeping up with fandom; it's all I can do to keep up with canon! *cries*

RE: Icka's laugh -- Even more impressive/warding-cross-inducing in person. ^^;;

Now I need to find M.'s screenname on here....

:D

I may have misquoted you during recording, and for that I apologize.... I thought I remembered a conversation, but I don't remember who it was with (I credited it to you)

I finally got a chance to listen to this podcast, so thoughts! In chronological order!!

*it's long so I put it under a spoiler cut*

Ohh~ yay Icka is in it again :)

So I had to go watch this new opening on hearing about it and I really like the song. As for the actual content, yeah I agree it's another rehash but the dancing doesn't seem so bad to me. It's probably because I've been hooked on K-pop girl group videos ^_^

As for the art on the ending... can't we just get rid of the animation B-team already? They really really suck >.>

Yay volume 37! I hope everyone already got their copies~! As for the release schedule, what I researched *aka Amazon* was that it had been releasing set at six volumes at year. It was only just last year that they started releasing four volumes a year instead. So as where we would have seen the latest files *as of this date* in print by Sept 2016, with the current schedule it won't be until January 2019.

And while I would love for them to change the names... I cannot face the prospect of buying them *again* so I can have the names properly. The only thing that would make that prospect positive would be to have them released as big versions with color pages - similar to Dark Horses current release of Cardcaptor Sakura. I love color pages.

That Blu-Ray set sounds awesomely expensive - but still more awesome. You have my envy Skye-chan XD

Though I always thought that Gosho's animation stills in the movies were really obvious. But I've been staring at the manga for way too long. :lol:

Quickly on the subject of conventions, I am jealous of anyone in Hawaii: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-01-19/hawaii-kawaii-kon-hosts-voice-actor-kappei-yamaguchi

HOW CAN YOU GUYS EVEN TALK ABOUT THIS!?? *dares not even mention the subject* It's like tempting fate!

Kudos guys for always talking about this. It was clear that Shinichi was full of himself from the little we saw, but like you guys pointed out, it was so early in the series, we know him better as Conan. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Ran has to get used to a quieter more humble Shinichi once he gets back to normal.

...And yes we all are expecting a lot from a shonen XD

Oh Carpet, a BO joke? Classic XD

I used to be confident it was James Black but at this time, the way the characters are it's more likely that Jodie's father's twin is the boss.

I don't believe that Gin and Sherry were ever lovers. If there is a sexual aspect to their relationship - it was rape. The power dynamics between the two were too skewed for it to ever be consensual. Might she not realize what happened to her? Maybe. But she was being forced to create a "fountain of youth" pill turned poison on the promise that if she didn't, her sister would be killed. So doing anything "extra" for Gin would have simply been ensuring that her sister stayed alive.

Yay Skye-chan!! :)

And one more yay for the podcast team~!!!

Awesome review, Bullet-chan ^^! I also think that erm... well, Gin & Sherry are former lovers is erm... not true. Gin... -> I don't want to go off-topic here so I'd just say it out loud in that referring topic :P

Oh, and I have this amusing idea... see the video below. I was bored and I made it... no, no, no... I don't want any credit because none of its content is mine... NONE! And to that I didn't list it in my channel... but anyone with the link can view it. This is just an example to my (idea) suggestion ^^ I made it in a rush so only the beginning looks nice and the rest is all somehow random <_<

It would be awesome if you guys do this :D Putting the pics and videos of the subject you are talking about ^_^

PS. I don't think the video I did is good. It was lame because I did it in a rush and I don't have that much material in my computer and...

For all zero of our faithful listeners: if you've been wondering why we haven't done one of these in a bit of awhile, recent scheduling conflicts have come up for some people in the group on days when we're supposed to record. Currently working something out so that we can do our next episode ASAP~

For all zero of our faithful listeners: if you've been wondering why we haven't done one of these in a bit of awhile, recent scheduling conflicts have come up for some people in the group on days when we're supposed to record. Currently working something out so that we can do our next episode ASAP~

I, along with half the active members of DCW are likely active listeners.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought one of you guys got hit by a truck or something else terrible happened. d33561e9.gif

I, along with half the active members of DCW are likely active listeners.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought one of you guys got hit by a truck or something else terrible happened. d33561e9.gif

+1

It would've been cooler if the DCW podcast got silenced for interfering with a case than to be hit by the truck...jk