Detective Conan World
Monster

Got Goosebumps (Must Read)

OK, watch episode 50 (S02E24) (No Immunity for the Diplomat Part - 2) English Dubbed and skip to the part after Sinichi exposes the criminal, there's this dialog Hattori told him that gave me goosebumps. It goes like this

H: Chinese Liquor can be strong but not as half as strong as Gin & Vodka, you should really watch out for those 2 they'r killers, if I had known that you had such a weak stomach I would have offered you water instead

S: One truth Prevails (or something like that)

H: Right, Oh! you might be interested in the names of the drinks I just mentioned, they'r interested in you (And then he gets interrupted by Sinichi getting sick and asked him weather he was alright)

By this you can make out that Hattori already knew that Conan was Sinichi and knew about Gin and Vodka. Well I think that Hattori knows more than what he's letting on........

Or he's not Hattori at all, he's somebody in Hattori's disguise and wanted to tell Sinichi something......

Tell me what you guys think..... Damn, I think that this is why people ask us to watch/read/study things more than once, you can catch such small details that you could miss other wise and I think that theres a secret in these wine name (they'r not just code-names but they'r a kind of secret code or story behind this that the author has not revealed yet) I think that the secret of the poison's (Apptoxin 4869's) antidote is hidden in these wine names by Sherry's mom (Hell Angel) (Bourbon reveals this nickname in Ep 704)....

Anyways tell me what you guys think..... And I'd love to hear you'r theories.....

OK, watch episode 50 (S02E24) (No Immunity for the Diplomat Part - 2) English Dubbed and skip to the part after Sinichi exposes the criminal, there's this dialog Hattori told him that gave me goosebumps. It goes like this

H: Chinese Liquor can be strong but not as half as strong as Gin & Vodka, you should really watch out for those 2 they'r killers, if I had known that you had such a weak stomach I would have offered you water instead

S: One truth Prevails (or something like that)

H: Right, Oh! you might be interested in the names of the drinks I just mentioned, they'r interested in you (And then he gets interrupted by Sinichi getting sick and asked him weather he was alright)

By this you can make out that Hattori already knew that Conan was Sinichi and knew about Gin and Vodka. Well I think that Hattori knows more than what he's letting on........

Or he's not Hattori at all, he's somebody in Hattori's disguise and wanted to tell Sinichi something......

Tell me what you guys think..... Damn, I think that this is why people ask us to watch/read/study things more than once, you can catch such small details that you could miss other wise and I think that theres a secret in these wine name (they'r not just code-names but they'r a kind of secret code or story behind this that the author has not revealed yet) I think that the secret of the poison's (Apptoxin 4869's) antidote is hidden in these wine names by Sherry's mom (Hell Angel) (Bourbon reveals this nickname in Ep 704)....

Anyways tell me what you guys think..... And I'd love to hear you'r theories.....

Well, I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that this conversation was entirely made up by the anime makers to cover up plot holes they created. It never happened in the manga. Manga Hattori never knew anything about the Black Org until Conan told him.

The good news is you have two Black Organization cases starring Gin and Vodka to read that you didn't know existed!

The first is the true Billion Yen robbery case!

V2-7_Such_an_awkwardly_shaped_panel.PNG

The second is the True Shinkansen bombing case! (With no added Detective Boys.)

Gin_and_Vodka_on_a_train.PNG

• Upvote 1

Wow!!!!! I can't believe Funimation would do something like this.....!!!!!

Unless they fabricated the translation (which I doubt), it wasn't Funimation's fault actually. They just translated the dialogues directly from the original Japanese version.

The reason why the Japanese anime producers decided to alter some details of the plot (e.g changing Gin and Vodka to two look-alikes in at least two cases) was because they didn't expect that the Detective Conan series would become this famous (let alone still on-going till today), since they probably thought that doing so wouldn't leave any cliffhanger behind, should they give DC an immediate end. But when it did, this backfired really badly as it created severe plot holes. So of course they had to alter even more plots to fix those plot holes (like re-introducing Akemi in episode 128). 

You can refer to this list to see what else did they change. (But beware, the article's not completed yet.) 

EDIT: OK LOL just watched both versions (English dub and sub), and yes, Funimation DID fabricate the conversation. The original Japanese version of the dialogues are basically the same as in the manga (Heiji compliments Shinichi for beating him, but Shinichi denies this by saying that deductions aren't about winning or losing, because there's always only one truth, and so on...). So this is even more unreliable. 

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Diplomat_Murder_Case#Dub_changes

But then again, this leaves another infamous plot hole in the Japanese version: How the hell did Conan learn Gin and Vodka's code names? Therefore, always refer to the canon Japanese manga when it comes to the plot.

3 Letters(and a lot of exclamation marks and a few question marks....) "OMG!!!!!?!!!!?" xD....\

Just read the list.... It's quite interesting.....

"There may also be some subtle foreshadowing of Heiji being a part of the Black Organization in his words about Gin and Vodka, but because this only occurs in the dub, it is most likely a mistake on the dub's scripter's part."

There's still a chance that Heiji is a part of the Black Organization (Ayoma might have told the scriptwriters because he thought that his show might not run so long)...... OR the scriptwriter is a BIG Dumbass!!!!!!

Why should Aoyama has any contact with ENGLISH dub team anyway, considered he don't even tell JAPANESE anime maker not to screwed up on that two case Chek mentioned

That part from wiki should need an edit but I am not brave or bright enough to do so.

By the way try not to double or triple post, you can edit.

• Upvote 1

What User 4869 said. Also, assuming that Gosho wanted to change the dialogues in order to foreshadow Heiji's connection with the BO, he would have done this with his own manga (which he has most influence on), but he never did. There's no point in altering Funimation's version (not so many people actually watch Case Closed anyway) without doing the same to the original version in Japan (where most Conan fans live) and other dubbed versions throughout the world. It's obviously Fun's work of changing the dialogues in order to cover the plot hole of the Japanese anime version (i.e giving Conan the "chance" to learn Gin and Vodka's codenames). Gosho's manga, on the other hand, did have a good reason why Conan knows their names.

(Ayoma might have told the scriptwriters because he thought that his show might not run so long)

I'm pretty sure that by the time the English dub version of this episode aired in the US (2004), the DC series has already become really famous in Japan, as the manga had already passed... the Vermouth arc (Vol 44 was released on January 2004). The series had already been really long at that point, so there's no reason for Gosho to contact the American scriptwriters and make Heiji a BO just because he thought that it wouldn't be long.