Detective Conan World
Kiel95

Black Org's Phone #?

If Conan contacted Anokata using a burner phone it might be harder to trace since he could dispose of it after use and who suspects a little kid.

Conan might lose an advantage though. The Black Organization (minus Vermouth and Bourbon) doesn't know that Conan exists and is investigating them. If Conan contacts the boss, there is a chance the boss could come to the conclusion that someone is trying to pry into their affairs. The hardest enemy to defeat is one that you didn't know existed.

Conan might lose an advantage though. The Black Organization (minus Vermouth and Bourbon) doesn't know that Conan exists and is investigating them. If Conan contacts the boss, there is a chance the boss could come to the conclusion that someone is trying to pry into their affairs. The hardest enemy to defeat is one that you didn't know existed.

So basically as long as Conan doesn't contact the Boss he and everyone around him remains safe and the investigation will keep going on slowly, so basically all knowing the boss's phone number did for Conan was a way to identify their agents based on the sound of the keys pushed.

You know I heard that there was a way for people to clone other's phones so that all information, including incoming calls and messages shows up on the cloned phone the owner knowing.  Maybe Conan and try cloning Bourbon or one the members phones so that he intercepts the incoming and outgoing calls.  Or find some way to covertly intercept the BO's messages.

So basically as long as Conan doesn't contact the Boss he and everyone around him remains safe and the investigation will keep going on slowly, so basically all knowing the boss's phone number did for Conan was a way to identify their agents based on the sound of the keys pushed.

Yes. It makes more sense to look at it from an author's perspective rather than an in-universe perspective. Gosho is not interested in handing Conan any more insights into the boss derived from this phone number clue because he has other plans for the plot and how clues about the boss will be uncovered. To achieve that railroaded result in-universe, Gosho used Haibara to provide an excuse ("too dangerous") as to why Conan can't do anything useful.

You know I heard that there was a way for people to clone other's phones so that all information, including incoming calls and messages shows up on the cloned phone the owner knowing. Maybe Conan and try cloning Bourbon or one the members phones so that he intercepts the incoming and outgoing calls. Or find some way to covertly intercept the BO's messages.

I think the more interesting question is why the FBI and the CIA, despite all of their resources, have not been able to identify the boss. Kir texted the boss already; she knows the number. I think this says more about the type of person the boss probably is rather than the technical defenses against identification he uses. The boss is likely someone the CIA and the FBI would never have considered as a suspect.

Yes. It makes more sense to look at it from an author's perspective rather than an in-universe perspective. Gosho is not interested in handing Conan any more insights into the boss derived from this phone number clue because he has other plans for the plot and how clues about the boss will be uncovered. To achieve that railroaded result in-universe, Gosho used Haibara to provide an excuse ("too dangerous") as to why Conan can't do anything useful.

I think the more interesting question is why the FBI and the CIA, despite all of their resources, have not been able to identify the boss. Kir texted the boss already; she knows the number. I think this says more about the type of person the boss probably is rather than the technical defenses against identification he uses. The boss is likely someone the CIA and the FBI would never have considered as a suspect.

Come to think of it I wonder why the FBI and CIA haven't checked out the number since she has it, what if they tried tracing it but it hasn't come up anywhere, like a blocked number.

I'm betting sometime soon Conan will become curious about the number and send a message, he really wants to bring these guys down and the boss's number is the only link at his disposal.

Come to think of it I wonder why the FBI and CIA haven't checked out the number since she has it, what if they tried tracing it but it hasn't come up anywhere, like a blocked number.

I'm betting sometime soon Conan will become curious about the number and send a message, he really wants to bring these guys down and the boss's number is the only link at his disposal.

I personally don't think he'll send anything to the number until the final clash when it becomes a necessary part of a trick. Gosho has implied messing with that number is like kicking a hornet's nest; I think Conan took Haibara's words to heart for now.

I personally don't think he'll send anything to the number until the final clash when it becomes a necessary part of a trick. Gosho has implied messing with that number is like kicking a hornet's nest; I think Conan took Haibara's words to heart for now.

Yeah we all know what happens when you kick a hornet's nest, you get stung hard.

I'm just speaking hypothetically but what do you think would happen while on a case someone dials the number right in front of Conan and company, think he might try to intercept it.

Yeah we all know what happens when you kick a hornet's nest, you get stung hard.

I'm just speaking hypothetically but what do you think would happen while on a case someone dials the number right in front of Conan and company, think he might try to intercept it.

He doesn't have the means to intecept calls right now. He would need to carry around a shortwave radio.