Detective Conan World
emblemfire

I'm up to 125 and this show is going nowhere...

Hi im new here and relatively new to DC. I have loved alot of the episodes but recently the show is getting unbearable to watch... i keep hoping that it gets better but it's not. Not to mention there hasn't been any character development or plot movement since Hatori discovered Conan is Shichi... around episode 60. Now i know you all love this show or you wouldn't be here... but is there anything good coming up, because im finding it hard to keep watching.

Thank you for your time.

Let me ask you a question: Which version are you watching? If it's the English dubbed version, there's only 130 episodes because Funimation decided against dubbing additional episodes. The original Japanese version now has almost 600 episodes, and the majority of these episodes are available with English subtitles. If you're only following the Funimation dubbed version, it shouldn't be surprising that you've been missing out on many major character/plot developments, as there are plenty of them in the non-Funimation dubbed episodes.

Let's see... in the Japanese version, Episode 128 includes something that will be very important to the story later on, episode 129 has somebody who becomes VERY important to the series later on, and, just so I don't give away any spoilers, the bad guys will return more frequently throughout the series, and also the plot thickens when bad guys turn out being good guys and good guys turn out being bad guys... I know it's confusing, but I'm trying not to spoil it for you! The plot thickens once Conan learns more about the bad guys and stumbles across new enemies and allies, which truly starts at episode 128... until then, it's almost all mysteries with no major plot, because for the introduction of Heiji/Harley in episode 48 and Kaito Kid in episode 76 (and Kazuha/Kirsten in episode 118).

Also, there's some interesting cases different from the usual murder... episodes with Kaito Kid are actually pretty interesting, and mysteries with Heiji and Kazuha are really funny to watch! I admit I didn't watch every episode, but I did make sure to watch those (and the occasional murder too). Also, romance develops for some characters later on in the series (not telling though)

Oh, and welcome to DCW!

Wow thanks everyone! yeah i am watching the Japanese version. and now i just have to watch a few more eps... wow the show started going down hill enough before the good stuff huh...? well thanks i guess i will just have watch 2 more regular shows.

Wow thanks everyone! yeah i am watching the Japanese version. and now i just have to watch a few more eps... wow the show started going down hill enough before the good stuff huh...? well thanks i guess i will just have watch 2 more regular shows.

To be fair, a lot of that is filler. Most everything from about 110-128 is complete filler, other than the Eri and Kogoro case in there. That's a really good case. I actually think that part of the show is under appreciated, but maybe that's just me...

Also, at first the anime wanted to focus on the Black Organization less than the manga did, so that didn't help matters.

You're literally only a few episodes away from the debut's of a LOT of huge and crucial characters. Happy to hear that you're continuing to watch.

hey u need to watch it in Japanese because its not now in episode 591 !!!

and a lot things have happened and its really interesting !!!

soo ya !!!

anyone want any episode just tell me i will give u the link for it !!! :mrgreen: