Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 11: Walpurgisnacht

"He might be a jerk but he's not Stein." Aster mumbled inaudibly. Stein was just someone who had stolen his name. A thief with his credit card. Sure, Aster had lost most of his powers when he fell to human world and was discovered by a potions master, but the remaining fraction of his power would be enough to stop the bringer of Walpurgis Night. 

It was just one angel after all. Powerful. And so was Aster. But he wasn't corrupt. For 'Stein', things from his perspective would always be righteous because he was born on the right side. They climbed to the roof now, him, Garnet, Devin, Misaki and Syra. Stein turned around and faced them, adjusting his skull cap slightly.

"It seems I have visitors." he said. 

"Whoa! who's there?" Garnet said suddenly. By now most of the group had shown up but were still missing one or two people.

"It's me."

Aster?

"Since when did your eyes glow green Aster?" 

"How else do you suppose I see in the dark?" Aster said. "You'll know soon enough. Any plans? Laia is still not moving, so I guess something is fishy. Either it's on purpose or something else is the matter. I don't know this school all so well, so any idea how we might Stein?"

"....How do you know the name?" someone asked quietly.

Aster only smiled. "It's mine, not his. I have a reputation to keep in the Angel world you know?"

What? So Aster isn't human? I am so confused...

The entire situation was throwing her off, but she pushed it aside. Now was not the time to be wondering about things like that when there was more important matters at hand.

"Alright..." someone else said.

Syra had walked over to two taller figures, who Misaki guessed were teachers. Are they going to help?

Her eyes scanned the group, noticing that Devin's eyes were a bit red. Crying, huh?

Come on, let's take care o' that thing before it tries anythin' with the school! Then that jerk, Stein is goin' down." The orange-haired girl knelt down and wrapped a bit of tape around her broken toe, using a little to reattach the bandage she'd had on her leg and then taping her fingers for the fight. She dropped the roll into her bag, glad she carried mostly useful (non-school supply) items around. 

As they found a hall stairway that would lead to that part of the roof, Garnet dug her hand in the pocket of her pajama shorts, taking out half a candy bar. She held the chocolate out to Devin, asking, "You okay? Have some sugar, it helps."

Without warning, a man came out of nowhere, seemingly calm.

"It seems I have visitors." he said. 

"So zetta slow, kids. Four lowly hectopascals and one downgraded fractal. Ah, and now you've come to be integrated, I assume?" Stein tilted his head back and cackled. Then he abruptly stopped, and frowned. "Footsteps...one more factor?"

The group turned around to meet the eyes of a small brown-haired boy with a smirk on his face. "Good evening, Stein. Or should I say Danzo?" For a small boy, his voice sounded unusually eloquent and deep.

"Haven't been called that in a while." The now Danzo took off his skull cap and shoved it into his pocket. "So what are you, fractal?"

The boy didn't answer, but his smirk remained. Danzo grimaced, then cackled again. "Oh, I see, I see! This is all according to plan! Ha!" He ripped off his shirt to reveal black magical lines runnning down his body. "And in the end, it doesn't even factor in." It's time, I suppose, to show you the limit as I approach infinity!" He crossed both his arms and began to glow. The black lines running down his body began to pulsate and glow purple.

The purple lines starting drawing elaborate designs on his arms, similar to a Forbidden Spirit sigil. His eyes began to glow purple and his skin began turning black. Soon, his eyes were completely purple, his skin was black, and deep pulsating purple lines ran down his body.

"Ahaha! Witness the power of a higher Angel! An entity that surpasses even Him!" He expanded both his arms out and began distorting the space around the group until the group was in a completely different dimension, devoid of any features.

"Now...that we are alone, it's time to be iterated, yoctograms! Forbidden Spirit and Angel combined, let's see how you fare!" He waved his arm and several beams of purple light down and narrowly missed the group.

"Oh dear. Looks like Danzo's no longer bound to the rules of an Angel," the boy remarked. "And he's grown much more powerful. I suppose I could lend you a hand." The boy reached into his pocket and whipped out a cell phone. "Well, have fun!" He dialed a few numbers on the phone and bright beams of light targeted Danzo, who didn't seem very fazed.

========================

So Stein/Danzo has taken in a power boost. He's similar to a Forbidden Spirit in that he can take enormous punishment, but his magic has also received a terrific buff.

The boy's an NPC I had in the wings but never got to deploy. So, here he is, as your ally! Oh. and while you battle, Walpurgis Night is destroying the school, so hurry up!

Joshua

An arrogant young boy that appears rather intelligent for his age. Has a very condescending attitude and is difficult to understand. Enigmatic. Uses his cell phone to summon beams of light. Unusually high mana reserves. Another Angel?

"So zetta slow, kids. Four lowly hectopascals and one downgraded fractal. Ah, and now you've come to be integrated, I assume?" Stein tilted his head back and cackled. For some reason, he stopped suddenly and frowned. "Footsteps...one more factor?"

Everyone turned around to meet the eyes of a small brown-haired boy with a smirk on his face. "Good evening, Stein. Or should I say Danzo?" 

What a deep voice for someone looking so young...

"Haven't been called that in a while." Danzo took off his skull cap and shoved it into his pocket. "So what are you, fractal?"

The boy didn't answer, but his smirk remained.  Danzo grimaced, then cackled again. "Oh, I see, I see! This is all according to plan! Ha!"

He ripped off his shirt to reveal black magical lines runnning down his body. "And in the end, it doesn't even factor in. It's time, I suppose, to show you the limit as I approach infinity!"

He crossed both his arms and began to glow. The black lines running down his body began to pulsate and glow purple. The purple lines starting drawing elaborate designs on his arms, which Misaki recognized as something similar to a Forbidden Spirit sigil. His eyes began to glow purple and his skin began turning black. Soon, his eyes were completely purple, his skin was black, and deep pulsating purple lines ran down his body. It scared her honestly, to have to face such a being, but she swallowed it down and tried her best to calm her nerves. She had to fight with everything she had, for Sakila. 

"Ahaha! Witness the power of a higher Angel! An entity that surpasses even Him!" He expanded both his arms out and began distorting the space around the group until the group was in a completely different dimension, devoid of any features. What the...?!

"Now...that we are alone, it's time to be iterated, yoctograms! Forbidden Spirit and Angel combined, let's see how you fare!" He waved his arm and several beams of purple light down. The group jumped out of the way and just barely made the beams miss them

"Oh dear. Looks like Danzo's no longer bound to the rules of an Angel," the boy remarked. "And he's grown much more powerful. I suppose I could lend you a hand."

The boy reached into his pocket and whipped out a cell phone. "Well, have fun!" He dialed a few numbers on the phone before bright beams of light targeted Danzo.

Who is this boy? And just how powerful is he?

Her thoughts were cut short as she heard someone yelling something out, so she turned to them to listen.